Thread: Epic Cheap

Default Epic Cheap

This has to be the cheapest pinball table I've ever played. You don't know when the ball capture is going to launch your ball or hold it for some flipper game, and by the time you look to see, the flipper game is over and the ball is down the hole. There are other annoyances with this table - the launch plant is one of them. A few times the ball rebounded in a manner that neither of my flippers could touch it. The Star Wars Ep V table is almost just as bad with the magic trap door near the right bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaptrap View Post
    This has to be the cheapest pinball table I've ever played. You don't know when the ball capture is going to launch your ball or hold it for some flipper game, and by the time you look to see, the flipper game is over and the ball is down the hole. There are other annoyances with this table - the launch plant is one of them. A few times the ball rebounded in a manner that neither of my flippers could touch it. The Star Wars Ep V table is almost just as bad with the magic trap door near the right bumper.
    It does launch it quickly, but all you have to do is hold the right flipper whenever it's coming out of the loot hole. I've played a ton of games and never had a problem doing that. It will either bounce straight to the left flipper, or bounce off the slingshots for awhile then settle on a flipper. Don't know what you mean by flipper game. Just keep the right flipper held all the way whenever it goes in the loot hole or when starting fights from the forest. I think it also comes out the loot hole when you hit it in the cave and it doesn't start a fight.

Edit: if by flipper game you mean when you have to choose a forest monster to fight, a good way to know if you've hit the bumpers enough times to trigger the fight without looking at the DMD is that the bumper scores will reach 10,000.
    Last edited by Roo5676; 05-31-2013 at 01:58 AM.

People just need to relax and enjoy games that they like, and don't play games that they don't like. Simple as that.

A few times the ball rebounded in a manner that neither of my flippers could touch it.
    Played a real pinball machine lately?

Quote Originally Posted by gamester View Post
    Played a real pinball machine lately?
    Yeah, and I've yet to play a pinball game that has a launcher which sends the ball directly down the chute or a pinball game where the ball gets hooked at the end of the flipper and goes down the chute. I haven't played a video pinball game with physics like this since 'Devil's Crush' for the TG-16. Even those physics did have the ball moving in one direction and then change as if it hit an invisible wall. I probably should've saved my cash and just downloaded Future Pinball. On top of the cheating, I will not be buying any more tables. This garbage belongs on the console with all the other cheaters.

Yeah, and I've yet to play a pinball game that has a launcher which sends the ball directly down the chute or a pinball game where the ball gets hooked at the end of the flipper and goes down the chute. I haven't played a video pinball game with physics like this since 'Devil's Crush' for the TG-16. Even those physics did have the ball moving in one direction and then change as if it hit an invisible wall. I probably should've saved my cash and just downloaded Future Pinball. On top of the cheating, I will not be buying any more tables. This garbage belongs on the console with all the other cheaters.
    Nice attitude. Did you even try my advice? I seriously got used to the way it launches the ball in 5-10 minutes and have not lost a single ball to it since (15+ hours of play).

Also, physics and table design are two different things and if you are expecting good physics from Future Pinball, be prepared to be disappointed. There are some great user-designed original tables, but the ball falls in slow motion and doesn't come off the flipper at proper angles. It's like a shot from a cradled ball will go to the same place at 75% of the way down the flipper as it does at 90%, but once it gets to 95% it flies way off to the side. Maybe it's improved in the last couple years since I tried it, but that was my experience, anyway.

This garbage belongs on the console with all the other cheaters.
    I love your stereotyping here. I play mainly on my PS3 and I have yet to encounter a single cheater on this game. Zen has even confirmed that all of the scores on the PSN leader boards are legit.

I like the physics of Pinball FX2 and don't have problems with Epic Quest. And guess what, I also like Future Pinball, especially Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Knight Rider (custom table), Pirates of the C...

Roo, there are bad and good tables out there. I still don't like Visual Pinball as it feels like plastic but some newer tables for Future Pinball are really good. The physics used to be rather mediocre to bad but "physics 2.5" really has an almost realistic feel. If you only played FP years ago you should definitely check out the latest build and 2.5 physics.