Thread: Oculus Rift - virtual reality - link suggests working?

Default Oculus Rift - virtual reality - link suggests working?

Hi

I love the idea of virtual reality. Check this link - the 3rd post suggests that Zen Pinball works with oculus rift.

I am waiting for the consumer version of the Rift to come out.

Anyone with a dev kit - does it work? Any impressions?

Looking at the screenshot there seems to be stereoscopic 3d also in the image - does it look 3d?

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=17727

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by am1001; 06-09-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Well am searching a person too who can help me out with this

No idea if this will work with our games. Not sure if we even have one in the studio to test it out.

Zen should DEFINITELY pick up an Oculus Rift devkit... they're only a couple hundred $, and you've got some time left until the consumer version launches (loosely 1 year-ish, as I last recall), but this device is going to absolutely rock the gaming world! I'm saving up for one already - 100% guaranteed day 1 purchase, and I don't do that often. All the major studios are onto it bigtime - including iD, Epic, and Valve to name a few. I think it's going to be absolutely amazing with simulations in particular, like racing games (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor, etc) and flight sims. But PinballFX is sorta-kinda pinball simlike, and I think the Rift is going to shine there too. I loved 3d support when it came Zen Pinball 2 on the PS3, and I only stopped using it because my PC kills the PS3 in every way, yet Pinball FX2 for Steam doesn't natively support 3d for AMD cards - yet. Well, forget that, cause full on VR with head tracking in the Rift is going to destroy any display/head-tracking/3d technologies that have come to the PC before... if only because there is 1 defined FOV and consistent software/hardware implementation for everybody who owns one. I definitely want to be playing Pinball FX 2 through my Rift a year from now!