Thread: Avengers table kickback bug

Default Avengers table kickback bug

I think I've found a bug in the Avengers table; I hadn't played it on my iPad for a while, and I just noticed it when I started playing it again. When playing the Hawkeye ball, one of the special skills is that the Hawkeye ball is supposed to activate both kickback lanes once it completes all the lane rollovers. I just found that it's failing to do that, activating only one kickback lane even though all letters in "TRICK" and "ARROW" are lit. I checked out the version of the table in Marvel Pinball as well and the bug is there as well.

The hawkeye ball lights 2 letters at a time with one rollover activation, not both kickbacks. For example, if you hit the black widow ramp you will light both a T and an A. If you didn't have the hawkeye ball you would have just lit the T.

Is that so? For some reason I remember that you lit "TRICK" to light one kickback and "ARROW" to light the other, so that lighting both should have given you both kickbacks. But perhaps I am misremembering!

Quote Originally Posted by nurg View Post
    Is that so? For some reason I remember that you lit "TRICK" to light one kickback and "ARROW" to light the other, so that lighting both should have given you both kickbacks. But perhaps I am misremembering!
    You might be confusing it with World War Hulk, where spelling "SMASH" gives you one kickback and "AGAIN" to give you the other kickback. The Avengers requires you to spell both "TRICK" and "ARROW" to light up just one kickback.

You know, that's probably exactly what it was. I had a lull in playing The Avengers specifically because I was glutting myself on Iron Man and World War Hulk, and that must have confused my memory of the game. Thanks, everyone; sorry I thought it was a bug!

All ten letters to light one kickback, huh. Man, that's stingy!