Thread: So moving forward to the Xbox One...

Unhappy So moving forward to the Xbox One...

So seeing as arcade titles and DLC do not carry forward to the Xbox One, I'm going to assume that my collection of tables won't be transferred over if and when FX3 is released. Is this the case? Is there anything Zen can do?
    Last edited by TheMirrorMystic; 06-14-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Missed a word whoops

That's all up to Microsoft. If they offer a cross buy type option (like Sony does), then Zen will take advantage of it. Otherwise, you're going to have to buy everything again.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

At the moment Im getting a PS4, already preordered actually... x1 doesn't seem appealing as of yet to me.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Current licences may transfer across. The fact that Zen has released an x86 variant of the game means its possible for them to allow imporation of table licences to a newer system since both now share x86 architecture. But of course this is all at Zen's discretion, and it may well require the re-purchase of the tables instead.

Quote Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
    Current licences may transfer across. The fact that Zen has released an x86 variant of the game means its possible for them to allow imporation of table licences to a newer system since both now share x86 architecture. But of course this is all at Zen's discretion, and it may well require the re-purchase of the tables instead.
    This is actually not up to us, it's up to Microsoft and how they design the system. If they make it possible for us to do imports, I'm sure we will do so. If not, we have no way of bypassing that.

Default Privacy

The Xbox One won't oporate unless its connected to the internet & has the
    camera & microphone connected at all times. The microphone will be constantly
    recording, I have my suspicions the camera will also be constantly recording
    even when the machine is powered down....this is too much, its an invasion of
    privacy. I for one will not be purchacing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid User View Post
    The Xbox One won't operate unless its connected to the internet
    Microsoft has reversed this decision. You no longer need to be online to play games. There is a day one patch that you need to download though, so it still requires a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    This is actually not up to us, it's up to Microsoft and how they design the system. If they make it possible for us to do imports, I'm sure we will do so. If not, we have no way of bypassing that.
    My point was that if MS do indeed create the system to allow transfer that yourselves may have taken a look at allowing it. Now we know if MS allow it, you good folks will take a serious look at it. Thanks for the clarification barb, its always good to hear it direct from those who know.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    If you can't do imports, and since the new Live platform will use real currency instead of points, charge everyone a $.01. There. Bypassed.

I'm sure that there would be a discount for those who have purchased the tables previously. I would expect Zen to charge a bit because obviously going to next gen, Zen would be hard at work upgrading graphics and texture smoothing, dynamic lighting and other things. That's not cheap to do. That takes a lot of work and time, so Zen should definitely profit off of it. I'm not saying this is all true, but it would be plausible speculation.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony