X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OriginalEther
    • Feb 2013

End of Ball Bonus guide

Well, I decided to go ahead and do both....

I'll try to make this as thorough as possible, though for some tables figuring out what everything does isn't easy, and some tables I can't complete. I also don't have every table. Any help is appreciated.

While lots of people deserve thanks, I'll give a shout out now to ShoryukenToTheChin who's guides give me a lot of help in targeting parts of the table that may have a bonus attached. Thanks!
    Last edited by OriginalEther; 06-23-2013, 05:34 PM.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo
  • OriginalEther
    • Feb 2013

Avengers: Multipliers are raised by hitting the Iron Man ramp. It takes 2 shots with the Iron Man ball, and 4 shots with the others.

Base bonus

50,000 points per ball

Avengers chosen bonus

100,000 points per Avenger chosen per ball
    It looks like this appears anytime you are prompted to chose an Avenger, including the beginning.

Modes started bonus

10,000 points per mode started per ball

Modes completed bonus

1 million points per mode completed per ball

Summary - not much going on. The majority of your EOB bonus will come from completing missions. If you complete enough missions you can amass a decent amount of points by raising the multiplier - it goes up to 20x. But given the work involved, and the risk should you miss a shot, I wouldn't recommend focusing on this much.

Biolab: Multipliers are raised first by hitting the center eye of the Grumbler, then by hitting a left mini-orbit shot within the allotted time frame.

Jump Species Bonus: see below
    Default bonus that starts at 200,000 points.
    It is related to the bumpers.
    Hitting the bumpers for the first time increases this by 20,000 points.
    Subsequent bumper hits can raise this by 1,000 points.
    It is definitely not per bumper hit. It appears to occur when the bumpers are hit, though not always. I was unable to figure out exactly when it raises and when it doesn't.
    The bonus accumulates throughout the game.

Creature bonus: Attempt a creature upgrade (main mission, see note below)
    50,000 points per attempt of the Muscle, Wisdom, Reflex, and Perfect Organism.
    The Brains upgrade does not appear to affect this.
    This bonus accumulates throughout the game.

Reservoir bonus:
    1,000 points
    I couldn't definitively determine the exact nature of this, but it appears to occur when you exceed the mission requirements. Most notably, on Reflex and Muscle.

Transformation bonus: hit a rotatarget
    10,000 points per rotatarget hit per ball.

Multiball bonus: start a multiball mode
    500,000 points per Clone and Reflex multiball started.

Frenzy bonus: start the Flux Frenzy multiball
    1,000,000 points per Flux Frenzy started

Escape Attempt Bonus: attempt to escape
    500,000 points per escape attempt, via the Get Away mode or Perfect Organism.

Note: I was unable to launch the Flux Frenzy or Get Away modes, so I can not personally verify those scores

Commentary - While I find the method required to raise the multipliers somewhat difficult and risky, it's worth it. This isn't that high of a scoring table (at least compared to some of the newer tables out), and just spamming the multiball modes can net a lot of points if the multiplier is just raised some.

Thanks to Blue and Logic_FTW for their earlier guides on this.

Blade:
    Thanks for Fireball for this guide.

BARRAGE = 100k
    Hannibal 'PAYBACK' TPS shot.

MULTIBALL = 500k
    Does not include the MIRROR IMAGES mission.

HIDDEN = 100k
    Hit the HIDDEN HOLE.

LIGHT & DARK = 100k
    Increment by Day/Night movement.

ENERGY = 1k
    per unit of ENERGY remaining.

FUNDS = 1k
    per unit of CASH remaining.

SUBWAY = 50k
    Incremented by falling into the grates in front of the ALLEY & CITADEL RAMPS.

Summary - Will come later. An extra ball probably makes it worthwhile.

Boba Fett: Multipliers are increased by making combo shots. The max combo you make is your multiplier.

Bonus
    10,000 points
    It looks like this appears only if you receive no other bonus

Jet Pack
    10,000 points per skill shot per game

Sarlaac
    10,000 points per shot across the Sarlaac pit

Fame
    10,000 points per Respect level

Wild Space
    10,000 points per Wild Space trip

Missile
    10,000 points per missile acquired

Guild
    10,000 points per Rival defeated per game.

Commentary - rather low scoring, as all the bonuses will take a while to accumulate, and it will still pale in comparison to the bounties. I also find raising the multiplier a risky series of shots and certainly not worth the hassle.

Captain AmericaMultipliers are increased by hitting all 3 of the multiplier targets located in the middle of the table, below the assault ramp. You get an extra ball for reaching 10x

Shield Bonus
    35,000 points +
    This seems to be a default bonus, though I can't quite figure it out. During testing, I did the immediate ball drain (let launch and drain then repeat) and got 60,000 for it. The next play I completed the Death Ray mission and got only 35,000 points, despite doing a whole lot more. The most I've received is about 135,000 points I think.

Character bonus
    200,000 points per current Howling Commanders rescued.
    Note the word current. It resets after completion of the wizard mode. So you rescue all 5, complete the wizard mode, then lose the ball trying to rescue Bucky again, you get no bonus.

Mission bonus
    200,000 points per current missions started
    Same as with the Character bonus, in that the count resets after the wizard mode.
    I believe the individual missions of the wizard mode count (should you lose the ball during it)

Cube bonus
    100,000 points per hit of the Cosmic Cube
    This includes the wizard mode

Statue bonus
    100,000 points
    I think is per Ambush or Supply drop minigame started. It might be per game.

Multiball bonus
    500,000 points per multiball (Red Skull or Sleeper) started times the number of jackpots collected

Summary - It's all about the multiball. I find deliberately trying to hit the targets dangerous. The other bonuses don't pay well enough to make it worthwhile. I mean, you could pick up a hefty bonus by deliberately failing stage 4 of the wizard mode and getting a large mission bonus (before it resets), but that's not viable advice.

But hit a few jackpots during multiball mode and the bonus shoots right up. And, the choas of a multiball mode will often hit the multiplier targets, and it's much safer.

The extra ball is a good deal also.

Clone Wars: Multipliers increased by spelling R2D2 (located above the Gunship bumpers)
    Respect - 100,000 points
    Bonus for "respecting" the table and not tilting it

Main Mission - 500,000 points per completed Jedi Council Mission

Troops Transported - 100,000 points per transport
    Via the Point Rain mini-game

Balls Locked - 100,000 points per locked ball
    In preparation of Clone Multiball

Rank Bonus - 100,000 per rank
    Per completed training session

Comments - Ok scoring, though low compared to the rest of the table. I've never had much luck raising the multipliers on this table. Still worth trying to do because it's safe, you can activate the Gunship ballsave, and you get an extra ball for reaching 10x.
    Last edited by OriginalEther; 08-18-2013, 07:25 PM.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

• OriginalEther
      • Feb 2013

Reserved for tables D-G

Darth Vader: Multipliers are raised by spelling EMPIRE on the rollovers in the upper right portion of the table. An extra ball is awarded at 10x.

Respect - default bonus
      100,000 points per ball

Target Drill bonus
      100,000 points per target hit per ball

Pod Balls locked bonus
      100,000 points per ball locked, per ball

Rebel Base bonus
      100,000 points per Rebel base destroyed, per ball

Force Bonus
      100,000 points per interrogation, per ball

Tractor Beam Balls locked bonus
      100,000 per ball locked, per ball

I have been unable to complete any Main Missions, so I don't know if there is a bonus for that.

Empire Strikes Back:Multipliers are gained by spelling SKY, WAL, and KER via the upper rollovers.

Rebellion bonus
      2,000 points up to 1 million points.
      From what I can tell, simply keep the ball in play. The longer the ball is in play, the higher the bonus. Don't know how long it has to stay in to get the max of 1 million points.

Ion Cannon bonus
      10,000 points per Ion Cannon hit per ball.

Yoda's Hideout bonus
      10,000 points per letter of YODA per ball

The Force bonus
      100,000 points per Force Mode started per ball

Training bonus
      200,000 points per Training mode started per ball

Movie Scene bonus
      100,000 points per checkpoint per ball

Empire bonus
      50,000 points per Empire Award per ball

Dark side bonus
      related to hitting unlit lanes during multiball modes
      Thanks to Deep for clarifying this

Commentary
      Much like the table itself, it's slow to build a high score, but usually worth it. That's not factoring that you get an extra ball if you max out the multipliers.

Fantastic Four : Multipliers are raised by lighting the rollovers above the bumpers. An extra ball can be obtained if you do this again after reaching 10x

Base bonus
      400,000 points per ball
      Default bonus

Mission Bonus
      400,000 points per Mission attempt per ball

Negative Zone Bonus
      400,000 points per activation of the Negative Zone Ball Saver per ball

Baxter bonus
      40,000 points per shot into the Baxter hole per ball

Invisible bonus
      400,000 points per Invisible Flip attempt per ball

Workshop Bonus
      400,000 points per Workshop minigame started per ball

Commentary - standard scoring; if you keep the ball alive long enough you'll rack up some points.

Fear Itself : Multipliers are raised by highlighting the 3 rollovers above the bumpers, then you have 10+ seconds to hit either orbit. It apparently maxes at 250. An extra ball is earned at that point.

Bonus
      10,000 points per ball
      Default bonus awarded if you have no other bonuses

Worthy Bonus
      10,000 points per Worthy defeated per game
      I do not know if this resets upon completing the wizard mode

Adreneline Bonus
      10,000 points per loop around the board per ball
      I don't think the Nul Worthy mission counts.

Neutral Ball bonus
      The points awarded seem to be based off how long you have a Neutral ball in play, per ball.

Raft Bonus
      Points collected during Raft Madness mode, per ball

Summary - at 250x, the potential for some huge bonuses are there, though I have no idea how feasable that is (my best is a measly 7x). Aside from the extra ball, it looks only worthwhile if you have a large Neutral ball or Raft Madness bonus.
      Last edited by OriginalEther; 02-09-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• OriginalEther
        • Feb 2013

Reserved for tables I-N

Infinity Gauntlet: Multipliers are increased by spelling HERO via the targets near the middle of the table. Each multipliers raised also gives you a hero/ball save for the Half of the Universe multiball. Reaching 10x gives you an extra ball.

Base bonus
        50,000 points per ball
        Default bonus

Infinity Gem Mode
        100,000 points per mode entered per ball

Mistress Impressed
        10,000 per combo shot that impresses Death per ball

Surfing bonus
        10,000 points per trip down the Silver Surfers surfboard per ball

Uatu Bonus
        50,000 points per Uatu mode started per ball

Built Monument
        50,000 points for each time the monument is built, per ball

Destroyed Monument
        50,000 points for each time the monument is destroyed, per ball

Commentary - this seems to be a rather low scoring bonus, and on it's own probably isn't worth the hassle. Main reason to consider raising the multipliers is just to get the extra ball. Extra ball saves for the HOTU multiball may be beneficial (I was actually starting that mode too fast on very easy, so the heroes never built up, so my experience with this may not be accurate)

Iron Man : Multipliers are raised by lighting all three rollover lanes above the bumpers in the upper-left part of the table. Extra balls can be collected after 10x.

Honor bonus
        10,000 points per ball
        Default bonus

Iron Man Mission
        10,000 points per successful Iron Man mission (Whiplash/Mandarin) per ball

Tony Stark Mission
        50,000 points completion of ramp objective (Stark Tower, Party, Science, Stock Market) per ball
        It appears that you get the bonus again if you complete the objective again before the Wizard mode

SHIELD bonus
        50,000 points activation of a SHIELD mini-game (multiball or tower) per ball

Unibeam bonus
        50,000 points per lighting of all 7 UNIBEAM letters on both sides of the table per ball.

Summary - pretty low scoring, like the rest of the table. Main reason to try to raise the multiplier is that it's the only way to get an extra ball on the table.

Thanks to rapierdwit for the info on his guide.

Moon Night: When the mission ramp is inactive (i.e. less than 100 blue orbs on hand), hit the Mission Ramp 5 times to raise the multiplier. You get an extra ball for reaching 10x.

Vengeance Increment:
        10 points per Vengeance (blue) orb on hand, per ball

Punches Thrown bonus:
        50,000 points per Speed Punch Combo Thrown, per ball. This appears to include the Bushman mission

Clue bonus
        10,000 points per activation of the Police Light, per game *

Thugs bonus
        10,000 points per Thugs hit, per game. This appears to include the Crossbow, Rough Customers, and Moon Field side missions. *

Multiball bonus
        100,000 points per multiball mode started, per ball.

Fare bonus
        100,000 points per fare collected in Taxi mode, per ball

Profit bonus
        1 point per dollar profit earned in Respectable Citizen, per ball

Upgrade bonus
        100,000 points per Upgrade, per ball

* It appears on at least the Clues and Thugs bonus this is per game, but you have to activate the mode during your turn to get the bonus.

Summary: This one is odd. The main difficulty in raising the multipliers is that the shots eventually activate the missions, so it's only easy to do then when all the main missions have completed, but you haven't completed all the side missions to activate the wizard mode.

If you are good at reaching the Moon ring mini-game, you can take out a lot of thugs quickly to rack up the bonus, and since it lasts throughout the game, it can add up; 100 thugs at 10x is 10 million points. This is probably the main scenario where you would want to place a decent focus on raising it.
        The multiball and fare bonuses are pretty decent at 10x.

Ms. Splosion Man : Multipliers are raised by the ball rolling down the near inlane, then by shooting the ball through the opposite orbit (i.e. the right inlane then the left orbit). An extra ball can be obtained after 10x is reached

Base bonus
        100,000 points per ball
        Default bonus

Mighty Mode bonus
        200,000 points per Mighty Mode attempted per ball

Splodes Bonus
        10,000 points per splode per ball

Zipline bonus
        300,000 points per successful Zipline launch per ball

Cannon bonus
        100,000 points per Cannon launch per ball
        This is anytime the cannon shoots a ball.

Spiral bonus
        100,000 points per Spiral Award per ball

Commentary : As long as you are good at hitting the shot (an early shot can rebound right down the middle), this is definitely worth going for. Keeping the ball alive will likely net you a nice score.
        Last edited by OriginalEther; 01-23-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• OriginalEther
          • Feb 2013

Reserved for tables O-S

Return of the Jedi: Multipliers are raised by hitting the bumpers via the left orbit.

Rebellion Bonus
          A default bonus that seems to increase the longer the ball is on the table. I'm going to guess this is like Empire where it maxes at 1 million.

Dark Side Bonus (unknown trigger)
          10,000 points per occurance per ball

Jabba Bonus
          5,000 points per Jabba Target hit per ball

Ewok Bonus
          1,000 points per Ewok collected per game

Movie Scene Bonus
          100,000 points per Scene started per ball

Hurry up Bonus
          100,000 points per Hurry Up mode started per ball

Multiball Bonus
          1,000,000 points per Multiball mode started per Ball

Sarlaac Pit
          250,000 points per activation per ball

Summary - Worth attempting to go for should you've started several multiballs.

Sorcerer's Lair: Multipliers are raised by hitting the G O O targets, found on the lower half of the table. An extra ball is awarded for maxing them out.

Combo bonus
          20,000 points per combo made per ball

Whisper bonus
          30,000 points per shot into the Whisper hole per game

Ghost bonus
          40,000 points per Ghost shot per ball

Cellar bonus
          50,000 points per main mission mode started per ball.
          I did have some odd occurances where the points did not register

Obsidian bonus
          200,000 points per Obsidian Stone in possession per game.
          This resets if you acquire your 13th stone.

Summary - decent scoring. Like a lot of tables, just keeping the ball alive for a while will allow you to rack up a decent score. I do find the shots to raise the bonus too risky; I find that hitting them unintentionally during a multiball mode is the best way to go.

Spider Man: Multipliers raised by hitting the bumpers.
          Hall of Fame - 10,000 points
          Default bonus

Spidey Letter - 20,000 points per letter
          Lighting up a SPIDEY letter via the left or right orbit

Rooftop jumps - 5,000 points per jump
          Hitting Spiderman's and Mary Jane's house. I believe MJ has to appear for it to count, ie I don't think counts if hit during a mission.

Spidey Sense - 5,000 or 10,000 points per hit.
          I haven't figured this one out yet.

Front Page Picture - 30,000 points per hit.
          The Front Page picture replaces the Johan Jameson mission after a villain is defeated (Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Mysterio). It remains until the shot is hit or the ball is lost.

Skill Shot - 30,000 points per hit.
          Hit the skill shot hole hidden behind the bumpers.

Comments - rather low scoring, especially given how high scoring the rest of the table is. The ball can drain when falling from the bumpers, so I wouldn't go out of my way to raise it. Still, keep the ball alive long enough and you'll max them by default.
          Last edited by OriginalEther; 02-12-2014, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• OriginalEther
            • Feb 2013

Reserved for tables T-Z

Thor: Multipliers are raised by hitting the lower left targets and getting a golden apple; 10 golden apples are required to raise the multiplier. It can also be raised as an award via Odin's Gift. 60 golden apples gives you an extra ball.

Honor Bonus - default bonus
            100,000 points per ball

Golden Apple bonus
            25,000 points per Golden Apple acquired per ball

Main Mission bonus
            500,000 points per completed Main Mission per Ball

Side Mission bonus
            500,000 points per Side Mission (Surtur multiball, Day of the Dead multiball, Wielding Mjolnir Double scoring) per ball.
            It appears that you have to defeat Surtur to get the bonus, the others just need to be started.

Skeletons destroyed bonus
            About 10,000 points per skeleton detroyed during Day of the Dead multiball

Commentary - Can be okay scoring if you keep the ball in play long enough. Still, I find hitting those targets to get the Golden Apples risky, so I don't think it's worth the risk, even with the prize of an extra ball. Best bet is for Odin to raise the multipliers for you (though again, it's better that he give you another ball!)

X-Men: Multiplier is raised by spelling HANK on the inlane/outlane rollovers. This bonus is also awarded if you light all 4 X-MEN letters.

X-Men bonus - Default bonus
            50,000 points per ball

Education bonus
            100,000 points per Cerebro Mode started per ball

Legends bonus
            100,000 points per Training mode (Halt the Juggernaut, Move the Blob, Finding Mystique) started per ball

Battle bonus
            200,000 points per Magneto mode started per ball

Teamwork bonus
            500,000 points mutliplied by the max combo achieved, per ball

Summary: Not much to say. Maxing the multiplier is very easy and part of the normal flow.

Wolverine: Multipliers are raised by hitting the bumpers. An extra ball can be obtained after surpassing 10x. Also, if you collect the extra ball while at 10x, the multipliers will be held.

Bonus
            50,000 points per ball if no other bonuses are collected.
            Default bonus.

Progress bonus
            500,000 points per mission completed per game.
            I believe this includes the Last Page wizard mode. It does not allow count duplicate missions until the Last Page is completed.

Healing Factor bonus
            50,000 points per ball saved via the right kickback through the Weapon X tank

Ninja dumpers bonus
            50,000 points per ninja hit from the zip line per ball

Scrap Iron bonus
            50,000 points per Sentinel defeated per ball

Brawler bonus
            50,000 points per victory over Sabretooth per ball

Multiball bonus
            50,000 points per activation of Silver Samurai multiball per ball

Fastball bonus
            50,000 points per Fastball Special mode started

Adamantium bonus
            50,000 points per successful bonding during Adamantium multiball

I wasn't able to activate the Rage mode. I guess is if there is a bonus, it would be 50,000 points.

Summary - This one is fairly obvious. Since hitting the bumpers activates the decent scoring Sentinel mission, leads to an extra ball, and is rather safe, you should make it a high priority. As for the scoring, it's pretty mundane, except for the Progress bonus if you are doing well.

World War Hulk: Multipliers are raised by hitting the bumpers. Specifically, it's raised for every 30 hivelings killed.

Honor bonus
            100,000 points per ball
            Default bonus

Side Mission bonus
            200,000 points per side mission completed.
            You do not collect the bonus for repeating the same side mission until the wizard mode is attempted.
            It does not reset when the ball is lost.

Main Mission bonus
            500,000 points per completed mission.
            It does not reset after a lost ball.

Warbound bonus
            200,000 points per Warbound member recruited per ball

Hiveling bonus
            5,000 points per Hiveling killed per ball

Civilians rescued bonus
            10,000 points per civilian rescued per ball

Commentary - if there is a table to gun for the multipliers this is it. The bonuses are high, it's safe and somewhat easy to obtain (mainly via Strength Multiball), you score a lot while raising the multipliers, and you can get an extra ball from it. What else is there to say?
            Last edited by OriginalEther; 01-15-2014, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• OriginalEther
              • Feb 2013

Reserved for future use (thought I better add another...)

Comment

• OriginalEther
                • Feb 2013

Reserved for future use...

In case anyone is wondering, I'm posting this from vacation, so I'm otherwise not able to do any work on this for another few days. I plan on working on the Clone Wars when I get back in a few days.

Comment

• OriginalEther
                  • Feb 2013

Since I'm not aware of a thread serving as a guide, I'm entering this post to notify that Ms Splosion Man is up. I did post it in a pink coloring, so if it's difficult to read, let me know and I'll change it.

I plan on working on Blade next, but it may take a while.

EDIT: Looking the the Blade thread, someone already did one. Hooray!
                  Looks like I'll work on Fantastic Four next.
                  Last edited by OriginalEther; 08-18-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Miki
                    • May 2014

Great guide, thanks for your work
                    XBOX 360 gamer for life My blog about X360 and gaming.

Comment

• LazyLumpels
                      • Jul 2018

This is great. Very key to some tables. People use to wonder how I acheived billions on Moon Knight and THUGS were exactly how I did it.

Comment

• martin153
                        Pinball Fan
                        • Dec 2023

nice post

Comment

Working...