Thread: When can we truly expect an update for cabinets?

Default When can we truly expect an update for cabinets?

Hi,

There are many threads both here and on the steam forum about ideas for more support for cabinets. The number one suggestion would seem to be the use of the second monitor for a blackglass and DMD.

I was hoping that Zen could comment if we are anywhere near this being achieved or even if this is in the pipeline at all.

Thanks.

Yea i posted this in updates and they said that it is on the list of things to do but is not a high priority atm.. Guess they are working hard to get new tables out on pc first. I know i would really like my dmd on my backbox screen

We know cab support is super important for a lot of you! I'll post as soon as I hear when it's happening

Yup, lots of ideas have been suggested, but I think at least moving the DMD to a custom position on any monitor has come up the most, even from desktop users too. Remappable controls is probably 2nd most-requested at the moment.

Hey Barbie, quick question... when you guys add some more cabinet features will they just be additions to the existing steam software or will it be a new separate version that will need to be purchased? I thought I'd ask now before I buy all of the tables on steam because I have them on xbox and only really want the PC version for portrait and cabinet purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by MOKTango View Post
    Hey Barbie, quick question... when you guys add some more cabinet features will they just be additions to the existing steam software or will it be a new separate version that will need to be purchased? I thought I'd ask now before I buy all of the tables on steam because I have them on xbox and only really want the PC version for portrait and cabinet purposes.
    We'll update the existing Pinball FX2

So a virtual cab is being shown at Comic Con that's running a 'special' build of the game which has the backglass and DMD on separate screens. It appears that we'll be able to check some items off our wish list soon...

After that...real DMD support (hopefully).

Kudos to the Zen team for going the extra mile to support the fans. Proves they really are fans themselves, because otherwise it would probably be easy to disregard this portion of their customer demographic, from a pure bean counting perspective.

EDIT: so it looks like the DMD is not on another screen on this machine after all. Saw a photo and it appears it's just a static image. Ah well, I know this is something they are working on at least. Guess it just wasn't ready in time for the show...
    Last edited by gamester; 07-19-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We'll update the existing Pinball FX2
    Thanks Barbie. All tables bought this morning after a quick trial of portrait mode
    Now they just have to download... Can't wait for the updates

Not exactly Cab support, but a fan showed off a top down version of the gamefield, playable, at PAX Aus, which he'd stuffed into an old pinball cabinet. Was able to use actual flippers and a launch button, even the start button to start a game. I can see enthusiasts definitely wanting in on this feature, Zen, myself included. You've already got the best digital tables. We just wanna play them like the pinball we grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Senno View Post
    Not exactly Cab support, but a fan showed off a top down version of the gamefield, playable, at PAX Aus, which he'd stuffed into an old pinball cabinet. Was able to use actual flippers and a launch button, even the start button to start a game. I can see enthusiasts definitely wanting in on this feature, Zen, myself included. You've already got the best digital tables. We just wanna play them like the pinball we grew up with.
    That was an awesome looking machine at PAX AUS, got that exhibitors details somewhere so when I find them I will post them in this forum. He mentioned that it would also have a kick back support for the flippers to give it a more real life feel and that it will have a back log of old machines from the arcade, this will be interesting to see as I know Zen only make original machines so I don't know how that is going to work.

I have to agree that having the option to use a real machine to play Zen pinball would be a fantastic feature to have and something that I would definitely throw money at.