Thread: Dr. Everly's "How the Grinch Stole Pinball"

Default Dr. Everly's "How the Grinch Stole Pinball"

Well, you knew something had to be coming. The announcement of Star Wars Pinball on the Wii U is too awesome not to get a poem. Hopefully everyone knows "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" otherwise it may not make much sense

Everyone down in Whoville liked the Wii U a lot. But the Grinch in the mountain simply did not.

The Grinch hated the Wii U, the whole Wii U notion. No one know why he had such emotion.

Some thought he felt that the memory was too small. Others believed he thought the Gamepad was dull.

But I believe that the most likely reason of all was that the Wii U didn't have Star Wars Pinball.

But whatever the reason the RAM or the Pad, the Grinch just sat in his chair feeling dejected and sad.

He would visit the forum late in the night and read about others playing the tables with delight.

He read how Carnegie would reach a high score, but then Snakeman and Skippy would each obtain more.

Surf1der and Cloda were posting a ton and Deep was making changes so his table was more fun.

Bearded Warrior and Tenor were among the Jedi while MarkItZeroSmoky choose the light to defy.

Reading The Chin's guides only compounded his pain, learning of trophies he could never obtain.

So he sat in his chair staring at the Wii U, thinking "Those tables seem stupid" but he knew that's not true.

Then one morning it happened as he got out of bed, Barbie had posted a new Star Wars thread.

His eyes scanned the screen and his heart started to fly, "Star Wars for Wii U on the 11th of July!"

He could hardly believe this news he had seen. He picked up his GamePad and started tapping the screen.

The next several hours were kind of a blur, even then he didn't know which table he preferred.

The music, the sounds, that tough orbit shot. He really liked Yoda but he does talk a lot!

With practice and training by the fire place embers he eventually joined the Jedi Council members

"The Wii U isn't bad" as he used to proclaim. "It's a really good system, it just needed some games."

Thank you Zen Studios from all Wii U Whos, May your Kickbacks be active and the Force be with U.

Tried to work in members of the forum that weren't in the first one.
    Last edited by Everly; 07-01-2013 at 02:03 PM.

I knew I was in for a treat once I seen this topic! Wonderful read as always!! You have a real talent and its good to see its not wasted!

Very good, Scott! Once again you have showcased them skills in poetry! LOL Very nice!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I was just thinking you might need a title change as the Grinch doesn't steal pinball in this version. I know your trying to keep it as close to the same as possible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    I was just thinking you might need a title change as the Grinch doesn't steal pinball in this version. I know your trying to keep it as close to the same as possible though.
    Well, in the original story he didn't end up stealing Xmas so I figured it would fit.

Thanks for the shout outs Tech and Rafie!

Thumbs up

Excellent poem again Everly! Yeah i agree, you are definitely talanted with your writing. And i most certainly do choose to defy the light side! Thanks for the inclusion!

This is great! Always love reading these Thanks Everly!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Excellent poem again Everly! Yeah i agree, you are definitely talanted with your writing. And i most certainly do choose to defy the light side! Thanks for the inclusion!
    Thanks MarkIt! Although for the record, since I am on the Jedi side I shouldn't be associating with you.

I remember you taking the Sith side when the whole Balance of the Force mechanic was explained. I'm so happy that it was included on the Wii U version. There is a poll over on our Nintendo Feed forum and so far it is looking like the majority are going Jedi, but there is always a Sith or two that shows up to keep things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    This is great! Always love reading these Thanks Everly!
    Thanks Barbie! And thank you guys for the awesome tables you come up with and for bringing them to the Wii U!

Maybe I'll be appointed the official Poet Laureate of the Zen Forum. Whoa...that sounds too awesome for me.
    Last edited by Everly; 07-01-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Thumbs up

that was a good poam.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Thumbs up

Well done again Everly, love your poems. I can see the grinch in his cave playing Zen trying to do a bangback, with his grunts and smirks.

Quote Originally Posted by MK2017 View Post
    that was a good poam.
    Thanks MK, I find them fun to write when the mood strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Well done again Everly, love your poems. I can see the grinch in his cave playing Zen trying to do a bangback, with his grunts and smirks.
    I'm glad I was able to get you into this one.

I imagine that he looks like this when he was finally able to complete a scene on the ESB table:

That's fantastic Scott, I didn't know that you had this talent!
    Nintendo Feed's main man and all round awesome guy - I like Nintendo, and more recently, Pinball!