Thread: Problems to be fixed in Shaman table.

Default Problems to be fixed in Shaman table.

I hope that Zem crew fix some issues in the next patch. Despite of the fact that Shaman is one of the most frustrating pinball tables I've ever played, I've encountered some problems. I always play the game in the "view 5" and when I try to complete the "CAST" to summon one disaster the view locks in the upper ball making it even harder.
    Other problem happens when you complete the word "MAGIC" after used a kickback. Considering that you just used the kickback it should not give you points, but enable a new kickback.
    If you complete the word "ELEMENT" and the ball fall back into the table and you hit "CAST" you do not gain a ball save, neither you are able to start a disaster after you hit one of the elements.
    The last problem, already notted in the forum, happens when you lock the ball and the speed of the game goes down.
    Does this problems appears in yours game as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratmanecomus View Post
    I hope that Zem crew fix some issues in the next patch. Despite of the fact that Shaman is one of the most frustrating pinball tables I've ever played, I've encountered some problems. I always play the game in the "view 5" and when I try to complete the "CAST" to summon one disaster the view locks in the upper ball making it even harder.
    Other problem happens when you complete the word "MAGIC" after used a kickback. Considering that you just used the kickback it should not give you points, but enable a new kickback.
    If you complete the word "ELEMENT" and the ball fall back into the table and you hit "CAST" you do not gain a ball save, neither you are able to start a disaster after you hit one of the elements.
    The last problem, already notted in the forum, happens when you lock the ball and the speed of the game goes down.
    Does this problems appears in yours game as well?
    Yeah, I encountered most of those as well.

When you hit the trapped ball the game mistakes that ball for your actual ball sometimes and leaves the camera up there. You can get around this by switching to full table view temporarily or do what I did and just hit the ball at the bottom lightly to get the camera back down there.

I don't recall having the problem enabling a kickback... it always seemed to work fine for me. If I used one and spelled MAGIC it gave me back the one I used every time, but I played it before patch 1.02 so maybe it got broken?

I also never saw the problem about spelling CAST after spelling ELEMENT, but not yet selecting a disaster. I was able to enable ball save before spelling ELEMENT, but after I spelled it I only focused on selecting a disaster. If I fell down I'd focus on getting back up to select a disaster so I can't say I tried this. It wasn't so helpful at that point because once you get a trapped ball you can no longer enable ball save anyway.

And yes, the jerky game play when you have 1 or 2 locked balls has not yet been fixed. The only way to get past it is to get 3 balls locked to start multiball. That will restore the fluid motion on the table.

Well, if you start a disaster and then complete cast you can activate ball save again., Thanks for the reply!

I experienced the same thing. The ball slows down, kinda like when you start the flood disaster, if you lock a ball, then have to hit the quick multiball (skull) target 2 times quickly. After you hit it, normal gameplay resumes...maybe this is on purpose? or is it a glitch?

------------------------------------------
    created a discussion board (forum) including individual forums for each table. feel free to check it out: zenpinball.forumotion.net I included my personal strategies for playing multiplayer and will be making a few videos in the near future.

I guess its a glitch. I'm planning to do a step by step instructions on how to reach the dominator trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratmanecomus View Post
    I guess its a glitch. I'm planning to do a step by step instructions on how to reach the dominator trophy.
    I assume you mean the Domination trophy and there is already a step by step guide to achieve this stickied on the site! I know because I wrote it!

Im intend to do it in portuguese (Brazil) and will not be a translation of yours. When I finish i will send to you in advance.

The kickback does not become re-enabled if the kickback you used sends you through the last letter you need to spell magic. I don't think any of the other tables do this. But its not that big an issue, just pay attention when you're using one.

so what you are saying is that the ball goes down the outlane that already has a letter lit, and before the kicker launches the ball, you switch it so that it is unlit (assuming it is the last letter of the word, MAJIC for example), and the ball activates it, completing the word, but does not re-enable the kicker?

Exactly! If you have a kickback activated and uses it, completing the word magic when the ball goes up you dont receive a new kickback. Considering you just used the kickback I think you should receive a new one.

I totally agree. thats rubbish.