Thread: Please give us a command line interface next

Default Please give us a command line interface next

Hi,

as a Windows application, Pinball FX2 should really give us the possibility to start it according to our needs. Here's my ideas and I let you know about the advantages:

Let us run "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2.exe" with arguments:
    a) /SkipIntro We may want to immediately dig into the game. Not uncommon. Your valuable customers know you are great and don't want to waste time, just enjoy your game
    b) /LoadTable "[Tablename]" We may want to start a specific table directly. We may want to have several shortcuts in Windows to start tables directly.
    c) /View <n> If /LoadTable has been used, start it with view number <n>

All Flags help for making the game more accessible to non computer savvy users like my wife. I mean Pinball is a game which you can do at coffee breaks. c) helps very much for saving the personal view preference in a Windows shortcut. The problem is, Steam and also Pinball FX are not capable of handling multi users on one machine. The command line parameters would help a bit.

Thanks for consideration!
    Last edited by bgroode; 07-28-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Command line parameters would be pretty useful.

I notice that starting "Pinball FX2.exe" doesn't crash the application anymore on my system. Thanks for the fix

It's important, that we can have command line parameters fo the exe file (so we can have many fine handcrafted shortcuts ), not only for the Pinball entry inside Steam.

@Devs, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWue5eMpBw seems a very valuable review for you, because that guy speaks out what probably every PC gamer and FX2 newbie thinks. Confused by high scores, confused by pricing, UI design bad for PC... demo time too short... You have a good product but the presentation is not perfect.

I'm thinking of my wife. If I tell her "there's a pinball application in start menu" I'm sure she will not have played it: UI confusion overload. BTW the locked demo tables could be more blackish or greyed out...
    Last edited by bgroode; 07-29-2013 at 06:43 AM.