Thread: KickBeat Release date!

Default KickBeat Release date!

Get ready to rock! KickBeat hits Vita AND PS3 on September 3rd in North America and September 11th in Europe! Check out the PlayStation Blog for a new trailer!
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 08-27-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Funny. i was just gonna ask when the release date is. then you just posted the release date. im looking forward to it.

EDIT: the video on the us blog is private. please fix it

Happy to finally get the release date! This + Killzone:Mercenery will make my psvita very happy this September

I'm glad this will be a cross buy title. EXCELLENT ZEN!!!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Sweet! A PS3 version as well. That'll explain the really long lead time from the original announcement on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Sweet! A PS3 version as well. That'll explain the really long lead time from the original announcement on this game.
    Not exactly. The reason it took so long is that we only had a very small part of our team working on it, and a lot of time was spent on the hand-drawn animations and getting the beat matching as accurate as possible so people could import their own music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I'm glad this will be a cross buy title. EXCELLENT ZEN!!!
    Wouldn't have it any other way

Smile

A cross buy? A very nice bonus I wasn't expecting. Thank you Zen Studios for giving me more incentive to buy a game I already intended to go get.

Awesome!!! Seems like only yesterday I was wondering when it would be released I have several questions:

1. Will there be a demo?

2. Will more up tempo imported songs be more difficult to play (like speed metal versus jazz or something)?

3. Can you create your own characters?

4. Any idea how large the game file will be on the Vita (+/-250mb)?

That's all for now
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Awesome!!! Seems like only yesterday I was wondering when it would be released I have several questions:

1. Will there be a demo?

2. Will more up tempo imported songs be more difficult to play (like speed metal versus jazz or something)?

3. Can you create your own characters?

4. Any idea how large the game file will be on the Vita (+/-250mb)?

That's all for now

1. Yes, there will be a demo!

2. I don't think we'll add more licensed tracks, simply because we allow you to import your own music

3. You can't create them, but you can customize existing ones

4. 850 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post

2. I don't think we'll add more licensed tracks, simply because we allow you to import your own music

4. 850 MB
    at least it's not so big.

Price is 10$?

Quote Originally Posted by Prtmcluesrol View Post
    at least it's not so big.

Price is 10$?
    We haven't 'officially'announced a price yet, but it'll be in line with our other games (so, yes)

4. 850 MB
    Awesome, thanks! What I meant with the second question was when we import our own music, will the type of music dictate the difficulty?

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Awesome, thanks! What I meant with the second question was when we import our own music, will the type of music dictate the difficulty?
    There are 4 difficulty settings that will be the primary way that difficulty is determined. The higher the difficulty, the higher the enemy density, and the more red & blue enemies you'll see overall.

BPM will affect the composition of enemies, though. Fast BPMs will tend to have more blue enemies (rapid sequences), while slow BPMs will tend to have more red enemies (press multiple buttons simultaneously). Some people find blue enemies more difficult, while others find red more difficult, so it really depends on what you are good at.

I was recently reading an article that a lot of blind/visually impaired gamers like music games. http://www.polygon.com/features/2013...ames-rock-vibe. I haven't really checked out Kickbeat and whether or not it uses audio or visual cues, or haptic feedback. But if it doesn't rely solely on visual cues, it might be a great game for this group of gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    There are 4 difficulty settings that will be the primary way that difficulty is determined. The higher the difficulty, the higher the enemy density, and the more red & blue enemies you'll see overall.

BPM will affect the composition of enemies, though. Fast BPMs will tend to have more blue enemies (rapid sequences), while slow BPMs will tend to have more red enemies (press multiple buttons simultaneously). Some people find blue enemies more difficult, while others find red more difficult, so it really depends on what you are good at.
    Ahh. Thanks for the insight

Hey everyone, just a quick update on KickBeat:

Unfortunately, there is going to be a slight delay for KickBeat in Europe. The new release date is September 11th for PS Vita and PS3 for our European customers. We apologize for this short delay.

LOL. europeans always gets f***** by SCEE o well i'll dl the demo on a us account

Unfortunately, there is going to be a slight delay for KickBeat in Europe. The new release date is September 11th for PS Vita and PS3 for our European customers. We apologize for this short delay.
    So actually you were afraid of Killzone Mercenary, right? ( ¬‿¬)
    Anyway, that's really sad... I was aiming to be the first to get 100% in Kickbeat, but now my chances are near zero ):

MyAnimeList / My LBPV level: "Netwalk"

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by vivan View Post
    Anyway, that's really sad... I was aiming to be the first to get 100% in Kickbeat, but now my chances are near zero ):
    The trophies are actually pretty hard, so you might have a chance!

Default Finding the Right Beat

Check out our recent blog post on how our Creative Director, Neil Sorens, went about finding just the right music for KickBeat!

KickBeat hits PSN on September 3rd in North America, Europe on September 11th, and is playable at PAX Prime this weekend in the Sony booth!

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by vivan View Post
    Actually, now that I look at them again, the trophies are incredibly hard. I'm not even sure I can 100% my own game. 100% perfect hits on Master difficulty...man, what kind of sadist thought these up?

KickBeat launches TODAY on PSN in North America! Join us on the PlayStation blog for a brand new trailer!

KickBeat will release onto the European PSN store on September 11th, we thank you for your patience!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    The trophies are actually pretty hard, so you might have a chance!
    Well, nobody got 100% when kickbeat was released in EU... but still one week headstart helped azucateli to overtake me.

Btw, is it true that nobody on ps3 got 100%? I don't own ps3, so I checked only top Vita players.

MyAnimeList / My LBPV level: "Netwalk"