This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slave
    • Sep 2013

I just tried the beat making thinggy and...

Well I'm happy that it is very simple to create your own music tracks.. BUT it is too simple...

I tried using the songs: LORDI - DEVIL IS A LOSER & MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE - F*** MACHINE

And even if I tried with a really fast bpm for either... it still felt slow to the song, and even if some goons to fight were perfectly timed, MOST of them werent timed at all... would love to be able to edit and place the goons on the track and the timing that we want... like having red goons precisely at 1min32sec... then place 4 yellows back to back at 2min44 for example...

Still the game is awesome... hope there's going to be a followup... maybe DLC story pack with new songs perhaps? :-)
    Last edited by Solitude; 09-08-2013, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• Solitude
      KickBeaten Down
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Slave
      I just tried the beat making thinggy and...

Well I'm happy that it is very simple to create your own music tracks.. BUT it is too simple...

I tried using the songs: LORDI - DEVIL IS A LOSER & MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE - F*** MACHINE

And even if I tried with a really fast bpm for either... it still felt slow to the song, and even if some goons to fight were perfectly timed, MOST of them werent timed at all... would love to be able to edit and place the goons on the track and the timing that we want... like having red goons precisely at 1min32sec... then place 4 yellows back to back at 2min44 for example...

Still the game is awesome... hope there's going to be a followup... maybe DLC story pack with new songs perhaps? :-)
      Well, we wanted to make a feature that everyone could use, not just people who wanted to dig into a complex editor. Hopefully, if the game does well, we can add new editing features for advanced users, plus content packs like you describe.

What settings did you use for those songs? I can take a look and see if I can come up with better ones...

Comment

• ngreatshark
        • Sep 2013

I finally unlocked beat your music and decided to take it for a spin. First track I imported was Move by Thousand Foot Krutch, and I have to say the BPM tool works very good. Got it set up, but when I went to start the game it just hangs as the loading screen. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Comment

• Solitude
          KickBeaten Down
          • Mar 2010

You may be using an incompatible format, such as m4a or wma.

Comment

• ngreatshark
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ngreatshark
            I finally unlocked beat your music and decided to take it for a spin. First track I imported was Move by Thousand Foot Krutch, and I have to say the BPM tool works very good. Got it set up, but when I went to start the game it just hangs as the loading screen. Any idea what I may have done wrong?
            Nvm, didn't realize it was in email format, I converted it and it works. Sort of mixed on how it came out, the BPM calculator seems accurate, it calculated it at 84.5 BPM, and on a well know BPM website it list it as being 85 BPM. Just didnt reeaaly seem to have that connection with the enemies and timing like the stock songs have. I may need to tweak it a little

Comment

• Solitude
              KickBeaten Down
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ngreatshark
              Nvm, didn't realize it was in email format, I converted it and it works. Sort of mixed on how it came out, the BPM calculator seems accurate, it calculated it at 84.5 BPM, and on a well know BPM website it list it as being 85 BPM. Just didnt reeaaly seem to have that connection with the enemies and timing like the stock songs have. I may need to tweak it a little
              I'll check the song and get back to you.

Edit: Checked, and 84.5 is correct. Beat Start 0.086 or so. Try changing the variance setting to get different patterns. The connection to the music is never going to be as good as with the hand-scripted tracks, but hopefully you'll find one that gets pretty close. Also, the higher the difficulty, the better the connection will tend to be.
              Last edited by Solitude; 09-11-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• KickBeater
                • Sep 2013

So first of all I have to say that it's a shame you guys didn't get the sales you wanted/needed/deserved (according to a post on Neogaf anyway), though I have to say that there was barely any coverage of this game at all (that I've seen) and I sort of stumbled on it by accident too.

The mechanics, the soundtrack and the music editor might not be perfect but it's often times fun as hell and a breath of fresh air for the rhythm game genre (especially for this price). I hope that you get enough sales to support it with updates in the future.

In the meantime I would appreciate if someone could help me with one song (to see if I did it correctly).

Artist: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
                Album: The Heist
                Song: Thrift Shop (3:56)

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Solitude
                  KickBeaten Down
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by KickBeater
                  So first of all I have to say that it's a shame you guys didn't get the sales you wanted/needed/deserved (according to a post on Neogaf anyway), though I have to say that there was barely any coverage of this game at all (that I've seen) and I sort of stumbled on it by accident too.

The mechanics, the soundtrack and the music editor might not be perfect but it's often times fun as hell and a breath of fresh air for the rhythm game genre (especially for this price). I hope that you get enough sales to support it with updates in the future.

In the meantime I would appreciate if someone could help me with one song (to see if I did it correctly).

Artist: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
                  Album: The Heist
                  Song: Thrift Shop (3:56)

Thanks in advance.
                  Glad you're having some fun with it.

Beat Start: 0.416
                  BPM: 95

Comment

• TRDaz
                    • Sep 2013

Love the game, starting to use the Beat Your Music now.

Any help on this song would be appreciated, not even sure if it will work correctly, just need someone to help lol.

Artist: Avril Lavigne
                    Song: Rock N Roll

Comment

• Solitude
                      KickBeaten Down
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by TRDaz
                      Love the game, starting to use the Beat Your Music now.

Any help on this song would be appreciated, not even sure if it will work correctly, just need someone to help lol.

Artist: Avril Lavigne
                      Song: Rock N Roll
                      This song has some weird tempo changes, including a gradual slowdown at the end, and basically skipping half a beat at times, but most parts of the song will be semi-decent with these settings (bpm is doubled to compensate for the skipping):
                      BPM: 185.346
                      Beat Start: 0.167

Comment

• TRDaz
                        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Solitude
                        This song has some weird tempo changes, including a gradual slowdown at the end, and basically skipping half a beat at times, but most parts of the song will be semi-decent with these settings (bpm is doubled to compensate for the skipping):
                        BPM: 185.346
                        Beat Start: 0.167
                        Wow, just tried it, and it seems to work pretty good! Better than my attempt at least! Thank you!

Comment

• Madzero
                          • Sep 2013

I just cant get Busta Rhymes Can you keep up and Tech Nines worldwide choppers to good fast enough. Can someone give me some good numbers, preferably with blue enemies coming out like crazy

Comment

• Solitude
                            KickBeaten Down
                            • Mar 2010

I'm on vacation without my Vita, but I'll help on Tuesday if no one else has by then!

Comment

• KFizzle290
                              • Nov 2013

My songs wont load T_T

I just downloaded this game the other day and the very first thing I did was play the story, unlock Beat your Music, and added a few songs to it. I tapped with the beat and such, but when i go to start my songs, its as if the game freezes on the loading screen. It says that its loading, but 15-20 minutes later I am still starring at the same screen. Is it maybe my songs? Or do i have to wait for a while the first time (like i know some games do for custom "additions" to the games).

Here are the songs I used..

Twiztid- Blood...All I Need
                              Gangsta Walk- Snoop Dogg
                              My Axe- Insane Clown Posse
                              Loud- Mac Miller

I dont know the in depth info on the song speeds and such, i just assumed that tapping the button to the beat was how you imported the music. Do the songs need to be like, specific settings?

Comment

• vivan
                                • Jan 2013

KFizzle290,
                                are importing m4a/aac tracks? Such problem is common with it.
                                Only stereo mp3 with 44.1 kHz sample rate are officially supported. With them loading time should quite short (like 10-15 seconds).
                                And no, no specific settings are needed.
                                Last edited by vivan; 11-04-2013, 01:21 PM.

MyAnimeList / My LBPV level: "Netwalk"

Comment

Working...