Thread: The Punisher "Impressions"

Default The Punisher "Impressions"

so what do you guys think about this game. I have heard about this game but havent looked around much to find any info. If your hording info post it here! HAHA

From what I've seen so far the game looks pretty decent. I kind of like how they bring back the classic arcade style of gaming. You apparently battle waves of enemies in different battle arenas. Looks like it has some pretty good potential!
    BTW heres a link to the games site if you'd like... http://punishernomercy.com/
    I believe they have that link on the home page of the website too if I'm not mistaken.

thanks I totally missed that, WoW bad on my part. I just checked the site out and the weapons look sick! I love the Upgrade system its straight up statistics and they look really cool. I do with that the Bushwacker weapons looked a little bit more unique though.

Thank You, I missed the home site as well >.<
    How bout those in game mods tho? Invulnerability, invisibility, sprint and more? they got something for every type of play that you could want.

I dig; Specially the upgrade system. :] what is the expected release date for this badboy?

one site said July 2 but I'm not positive anyone care to confirm?

Alright! Since it's not far away I doubt there will be pushback dates, right?

hope not, it looks to be pretty good

The release date is on july 2nd i can not wait!!!!!

The game actually looks pretty good....plus i do love the punisher WOO!!!!....so the official release date is july 2....sweet im getting it!!

The release date is on july 2nd i can not wait!!!!!

woops accidentally did that twice do we have any other punisher fans out there?

happens to the best of us, Ya I've read the comics but there are so many different ones I have no idea what to expect

well im pretty sure it will be good....ive played another punisher game...but i forgot what it was called anyways i thought it was good soo i wouldnt doubt this one is.

also like zen pinball it is only 10 bucks so you dont have a whole lot to loose and i saw that it is using an unreal engine so the graphics should be pretty legitimate

Bludhaven

Yup, and like any Unreal engine game you can count on lots of blood and gore :]

ya and more blood and gore equals amazing!!!! i am kind of thinking about finding my first punisher game and playing it for preparation of the new one!

anyone out there like the old one?

The first Punisher was pretty good. I liked all of the brutal deaths and attacks, and trying to be stealthy was pretty fun too. This one sounds like it will be pretty different from the first one though, so I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Oh i havent played the first punisher game. But I am a big fan of the comic.

I am into the punisher but i have never read the comics not really a big comic book reader are they pretty good?

yeah the are good comics (grahpic novels) or what have you.

ya to me they are all just comics! haha

does anyone know like what kind of style of game it is going to be like arcade or what?

I doubt it just cause its to good of graphics but it will still be sweet.

Yeah its a FPS arcade style from the looks of it.

If you guys are interested in the comics, check out some of the trade paperbacks. They should be available in most book stores. A good place to start is "In The Beginning," which kicked off the Punisher MAX series (MAX just means more violence and mature content.)

I can't really think of any TPB to avoid, except maybe the War Journal vol. 2 stuff, so look around and see what you can get.

Is everyone here playing a different game or something? This is the worst broken piece of software I've ever played, everything is broken.

- Sometimes you see yourself getting killed sometimes it skips it all and takes you straight to the Weapon Select screen. Yeah I probably pressed a button, which one? I dunno, I was in the middle of something... it's like a menu popping out of no where and you can't tell what happened.

- AI is programmed to just run around and continuously shoot once they see something. You can hear the shotgun dudes keep shooting even when they are far away from you, as long as they see you, they shoot... through walls, objects, you name it.

- Jumping is broken

- And don't get me started with the online lag, OMG!

I had high hopes for this and I've played it for a decent amount of time because of that. There's some good stuff in the game (customizing, short but sweet story, unlocks and graphics) that I'd like to keep playing... but man, it needs a serious patch.

it was 10 dollars what were you expecting?

I love the game. For $10 you get a very short, but still fun, single-player game, a ton of game modes, 15 weapons, lots of characters, and a whole boatload of costumes. It's a great deal, and it's extremely addictive. Sure, there's a lot of texture pop-in, slowdown and lag, but that could all be fixed with a good patch.

Quote Originally Posted by thefjk View Post
    Is everyone here playing a different game or something? This is the worst broken piece of software I've ever played, everything is broken.
    Nobody had even played it yet when you replied, we were all just excited to play it. I like the game's atmosphere, and I have been enjoying multiplayer, but I have to admit it has a lot of problems.

What is this sweet story you speak of? The comic panels look good, and though the plot is unique in that it looks for ways to justify the gameplay as part of the story, it is at moments incomprehensible and just wrong.
    Join the Global Punisher Army - GlobalPunisherArmy.com

I like the game but i feel it does have alot of lag issues and i wish MP was more than just 8 players it be cool if it was raised to 10 players 5 on 5
    for 10 dollars though i will say its a great buy

see this link for my other thread with the issues i have with game
    http://195.56.170.66/forum/showthread.php?t=24