Thread: Zen Studios on why Star Wars Pinball 3D took so long, reconfirms 3DS commitment, DLC.

Banned

Default Zen Studios on why Star Wars Pinball 3D took so long, reconfirms 3DS commitment, DLC.

Coming from a BeefJack interview with Mel Kirk of Zen Studios...

“The Force system was not changed from previous versions of the game. We found the feature to be really well-accepted by players, so we left this alone and decided not to mess with something that people have been enjoying.”

“There have been a ton of players reaching (screaming) to us to get the game out, so I think there will be a lot of people who are really happy to finally have it on their 3DS. Zen Pinball 3D and Marvel Pinball 3D have been very well-received on 3DS, and I would expect Star Wars Pinball to do the same.

Pinball in 3D is pretty complex, and we have certain limitations with the 3DS hardware that makes the process take even longer. I am afraid we will likely always be behind with 3DS, but we are certainly committed to the platform and 3DS players. It just takes a little longer to get things to the platform.

I would like to say thank you to all the players who support Zen Studios. We can continue doing what we love only because players are willing to support us. Apologies for the time it has taken to get Star Wars Pinball to the 3DS, but we could not rush this and give you a sub-par experience.”

For more of the interview you can go to this link: http://beefjack.com/news/zen-studios...nd-dlc-delays/

" Apologies for the time it has taken to get Star Wars Pinball to the 3DS, but we could not rush this and give you a sub-par experience.”

Lol. You mean like not working at all?

Too bad the Crash had to dominate the forums otherwise this would get more hits.

I very much appreciate the effort made to get this out. I can still play it and that's what counts. Also good to know we are getting more for the 3ds! Sucks that its so difficult to make this work on the system but at least they're trying unlike Farsight. There is no way those tables can't be done. Don't want to call them lazy because I know they only want to do the tables if nothing can be sacrificed. Dare I say though that there is a williams pinball collection for the 3ds so it can be done they just don't want to!! Just look at what Zen is doing. Their tables are more advanced and they can make it work.

Question to Zen if you're reading this. What if anything had to be sacrificed to bring these tables to the 3ds? Not talking about graphics just actual gameplay options. I know some things had to change in past games. For instance the way Iron Man changed.
    Last edited by Tech101; 09-21-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Question to Zen if you're reading this. What if anything had to be sacrificed to bring these tables to the 3ds? Not talking about graphics just actual gameplay options. I know some things had to change in past games. For instance the way Iron Man changed.
    Not just graphical fidelity, but also ball effects, object textures, huge decrease in polygon counts. We have to re-size everything so it looks good in 3D while still playing as it should. Tricky stuff.