Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuigiAuditore
    • Sep 2013

Red Star(s)

I received a red star for a song and based off my performance, I'm gonna assume that it's related to my score. Would appreciate a confirmation and criteria(s) needed to obtain red stars.
  • vivan
    • Jan 2013

Once I've got 6 stars while missing a couple of enemies. So getting full combo or hitting all enemies is not required. And so I don't see other options other than score-based.

MyAnimeList / My LBPV level: "Netwalk"

Comment

• mechsito
      • Sep 2013

i wondered that about that too. i have red stars for all tracks on master, and some on expert. my advice so far is just donĀ“t miss the combo, your final score change a lot even if you miss one or two thugs.
      my twitter: GCmech

Comment

• mikeburnfire
        • Sep 2013

Getting a good combo seems to be the biggest factor. If you get a 200+ combo on a song, you're in good standing for a red star.

Comment

• Shinji16
          Crazy Bemani Guy
          • Sep 2013

A near full combo, getting all the power ups (to keep your combo), and making sure to hit 10x several times using Chi while at 5x thanks to a multiplier power up.
          Smile - life is good! Check out my blog here - Check out my IIDX shenanigans here
          Tired of your search engine putting you in a filter bubble or tracking you like other search engines? Then you should try DuckDuckGo!

Comment

• Solitude
            KickBeaten Down
            • Mar 2010

Yep, all star ratings are purely score-based.

Comment

• LuigiAuditore
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Shinji16
              getting all the power ups (to keep your combo),
              Yeah, just notice that^ yesterday. I'm so use to skipping the shield power up (prefer the shockwave). Also, trying to get all the 500 ups is sometimes..... daunting.

Comment

• mechsito
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by LuigiAuditore
                Yeah, just notice that^ yesterday. I'm so use to skipping the shield power up (prefer the shockwave). Also, trying to get all the 500 ups is sometimes..... daunting.
                you must get all of those too, in master and expert those count in the combo, if you miss one the combo is reset.
                my twitter: GCmech

Comment

• Shinji16
                  Crazy Bemani Guy
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by LuigiAuditore
                  It shouldn't be daunting; remember that they go with the music! Often times a beat that should have a double tap, or a sixteenth note to get technical, has a power up with it. It does feel natural if you just go for it. Best of luck!
                  Smile - life is good! Check out my blog here - Check out my IIDX shenanigans here
                  Tired of your search engine putting you in a filter bubble or tracking you like other search engines? Then you should try DuckDuckGo!

Comment

• hsjj3
                    • Jan 2014

Can red stars be earned on Normal difficulty too?

Comment

• vivan
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by hsjj3
                      Can red stars be earned on Normal difficulty too?
                      No, only on Expert or Master.

MyAnimeList / My LBPV level: "Netwalk"

Comment

• kennyjack
                        • Jan 2014

How can you earn the red stars
                        Business Coaching

Comment

• squalls
                          • Feb 2014

can confirm red stars are earned by 200 combo's (presumably only on master or expert) scored more on a run with 197 no red star... had a run with 200 combo and scored less than the 197 and red star

Comment

• Solitude
                            KickBeaten Down
                            • Mar 2010

All stars are directly connected to how many total points you earn. To earn red stars, simply earn the required number of points - which in the case of red stars typically will require long combos and lots of chi usage.

Comment

• WonderGamer
                              • Jan 2014

I've gotten 3 of them already on Master, was surprised that was even an option when I got my first one. I'll post back with a list/screenshots for proof of those scores when I get a chance. Can't provide screenshots of the actual results however as I was running the wrong version of Xfire when I attempted to take them (screenshots/videos taken in the old version of Xfire come out black, but the features work properly on the new version).

Monastery - Part Two (Master)
                              Wrestling Arena - Part Two (Master)
                              Wrestling Arena - Part Four (Master)

@kennyjack,
                              Advertisements in the signature usually indicate a spambot. If you are not a spambot, you might want to consider removing it so you don't get mistaken for one. I am going to provide Zen with a database of known spambots so they can cross-reference your IP/email address, in which case they can decide whether they need to take action or not:
                              Last edited by WonderGamer; 02-08-2014, 07:17 PM. Reason: Added screenshots
                              "It just keeps getting better..."
                              "Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

Comment

Working...