Thread: Red Star(s)

Question Red Star(s)

I received a red star for a song and based off my performance, I'm gonna assume that it's related to my score. Would appreciate a confirmation and criteria(s) needed to obtain red stars.

Once I've got 6 stars while missing a couple of enemies. So getting full combo or hitting all enemies is not required. And so I don't see other options other than score-based.

MyAnimeList / My LBPV level: "Netwalk"

i wondered that about that too. i have red stars for all tracks on master, and some on expert. my advice so far is just don´t miss the combo, your final score change a lot even if you miss one or two thugs.
    my twitter: GCmech

Getting a good combo seems to be the biggest factor. If you get a 200+ combo on a song, you're in good standing for a red star.

A near full combo, getting all the power ups (to keep your combo), and making sure to hit 10x several times using Chi while at 5x thanks to a multiplier power up.
    Smile - life is good! Check out my blog here - Check out my IIDX shenanigans here
    Tired of your search engine putting you in a filter bubble or tracking you like other search engines? Then you should try DuckDuckGo!

KickBeaten Down

Yep, all star ratings are purely score-based.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji16 View Post
    getting all the power ups (to keep your combo),
    Yeah, just notice that^ yesterday. I'm so use to skipping the shield power up (prefer the shockwave). Also, trying to get all the 500 ups is sometimes..... daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiAuditore View Post
    Yeah, just notice that^ yesterday. I'm so use to skipping the shield power up (prefer the shockwave). Also, trying to get all the 500 ups is sometimes..... daunting.
    you must get all of those too, in master and expert those count in the combo, if you miss one the combo is reset.
    my twitter: GCmech

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiAuditore View Post
    It shouldn't be daunting; remember that they go with the music! Often times a beat that should have a double tap, or a sixteenth note to get technical, has a power up with it. It does feel natural if you just go for it. Best of luck!
    Smile - life is good! Check out my blog here - Check out my IIDX shenanigans here
    Tired of your search engine putting you in a filter bubble or tracking you like other search engines? Then you should try DuckDuckGo!

Can red stars be earned on Normal difficulty too?

Quote Originally Posted by hsjj3 View Post
    Can red stars be earned on Normal difficulty too?
    No, only on Expert or Master.

How can you earn the red stars

can confirm red stars are earned by 200 combo's (presumably only on master or expert) scored more on a run with 197 no red star... had a run with 200 combo and scored less than the 197 and red star

KickBeaten Down

All stars are directly connected to how many total points you earn. To earn red stars, simply earn the required number of points - which in the case of red stars typically will require long combos and lots of chi usage.

I've gotten 3 of them already on Master, was surprised that was even an option when I got my first one. I'll post back with a list/screenshots for proof of those scores when I get a chance. Can't provide screenshots of the actual results however as I was running the wrong version of Xfire when I attempted to take them (screenshots/videos taken in the old version of Xfire come out black, but the features work properly on the new version).

Monastery - Part Two (Master)
    Wrestling Arena - Part Two (Master)
    Wrestling Arena - Part Four (Master)

@kennyjack,
    Advertisements in the signature usually indicate a spambot. If you are not a spambot, you might want to consider removing it so you don't get mistaken for one. I am going to provide Zen with a database of known spambots so they can cross-reference your IP/email address, in which case they can decide whether they need to take action or not:
    http://www.stopforumspam.com/
    Last edited by WonderGamer; 02-08-2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Added screenshots
    "It just keeps getting better..."
    "Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

Okay, so I maxed out 5 stars on all songs every difficulty. At first I thought it was going to be the same situation with red stars as with 5 stars for unlocking on every song (1 per level per difficulty that you can gain them on), but after counting up the songs, it seems there are only 24 songs & a 24 red star requirement to unlock everything. I would have to assume this means only half of the songs you can gain red stars on in the last 2 difficulties & some of them I have tried numerous times & still haven't gotten red stars on. If anybody has list of what songs you can get red stars on so I'm not wasting time trying to get red stars on songs that don't have the option to get them on, this would be greatly appreciated. I am going to go searching the web to see if I can find a list anywhere to save some time...

EDIT: It's a desert out there... I think I'll be better off seeking out people on Steam who have gotten an achievement for 24 red stars & asking them.
    Last edited by WonderGamer; 06-23-2014 at 10:55 AM.

KickBeaten Down

You can get red stars on every song.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    You can get red stars on every song.
    Not so sure about that on the first boss fight (Marilyn Manson song); I've tried that one numerous times & haven't been able to get it. I would have to assume the reason why I can't get that one would be due to lack of ability to use chi other than to attack the boss (it doesn't have the normal multiplier effect that most levels have, although I'm sure I don't need to tell you that). Unless you're talking about doing it in Free Play mode, in which case I guess it's possible if you can gain stars there (haven't actually tried it yet).
    Last edited by WonderGamer; 06-25-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Yes, you have to do it in a free play mode. In boss fights you get much lower score.

Wait, there's an achievement for getting all red stars in steam version? Do want (in a PS4 version)!
    Last edited by vivan; 06-25-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vivan View Post
    Yes, you have to do it in a free play mode. In boss fights you get much lower score.
    Thanks vivan! I wasn't aware that you could gain stars in Free Play mode, so this will help in getting those stars on boss fights. Although I have to say I enjoy the boss fights; would have been nice to be able to play them from Free Play/Survival mode also; I would say Beat Your Own Music mode also, but personally I see this mode as useless without proper beat detection & don't intend on playing it...

Quote Originally Posted by vivan View Post
    Wait, there's an achievement for getting all red stars in steam version? Do want (in a PS4 version)!
    This may have been an error on my part... I just assumed there would be one, but when I went searching for it to ask them what songs you could get red stars on, I couldn't find one...
    Last edited by WonderGamer; 06-26-2014 at 01:29 AM.