Thread: Dr Strange Pinball!

Default Dr Strange Pinball!

Dr. Strange Pinball table will be coming to Zen Pinball 2 in December 2013! More details on our blog!

cool i thought there were no more marvel coming , buy on marvel first then import on zp2 for more trophies
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

And it finally appears Looks awesome Zen!

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    cool i thought there were no more marvel coming , buy on marvel first then import on zp2 for more trophies
    Oh no - we're not done. Marvel Pinball is not DEAD. We have a POOL of Marvel table themes to choose from.

HINT HINT HINT

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Oh no - we're not done. Marvel Pinball is not DEAD. We have a POOL of Marvel table themes to choose from.

HINT HINT HINT
    Are you serious? If a Deadpool table is coming, people are going to freak!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Permission granted to FREAK OUT

Awesome!

I hope Zen sticks to the single table approach for all future Marvel tables. I really like it this way and we don't see many Marvel burnout complaints anymore.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-12-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Oh man if you could manage to get Nolan North to do the VA on the Table.... I will seriously go insane. Just have Deadpool commenting on how we play etc, really break that 4th wall! heck have him reference the other Marvel Pinball Tables.. just imagine.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

table looks awesome! oh and another table coming!

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I think I might have to put my DP back on as my avy for this. YES!! My dream Marvel table is coming. WOOOHOO!!!

I hope Cable and a few others are going to be in it. This is GRAND! Thank you Zen!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

HINT HINT HINT
    That really, really bums me out. I was hoping Dr. Strange would be the last Marvel table and we would start to see something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    That really, really bums me out. I was hoping Dr. Strange would be the last Marvel table and we would start to see something interesting.
    How do you know there isn't something else, maybe original, in the works though? I thought there were more tables in the works. As for the Marvel burnout, it's been a while since the last one, so I'm all for more!

Marvel fans excited.

Everyone else yawns and shrugs shoulders.

Table looks really fantastic. Any table coming from Zen either SW, Marvel, or non-licensed, will be welcomed.

Now I recall on the last Stream that you mentioned a non-licensed table in the works. Any news?

I know, I know we have SW coming Tuesday - Dr. Strange coming in December what more would I want right? Well more tables.

Doctor Strange certainly does look breathtaking. I really love the table design and layout. Much better than anything I had imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I think I might have to put my DP back on as my avy for this. YES!! My dream Marvel table is coming. WOOOHOO!!!

I hope Cable and a few others are going to be in it. This is GRAND! Thank you Zen!
    I was waiting to see your response on this, lol. Deadpool is too awesome to not have his own pinball table. And who knows, maybe my man Archangel could have a cameo since they teamed up together in Uncanny X-Force somewhat recently.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Wouldn't mind an Avengers V Xmen Table. But heck yes for Deadpool!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    There are lots of other things we're working on, don't worry.

It's not that i'm not happy for a Deadpool table, but you (or someone else from Zen) say on this forum some months ago that a Deadpool or Punisher table wasn't possible, because Zen Pinball is a PEGI 12 game and these characters are in a PEGI 16/18 universes and you can't make tables about their without edulcorate their universes.
    What change your minds ?
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Doctor Strange certainly does look breathtaking. I really love the table design and layout. Much better than anything I had imagined.

I was waiting to see your response on this, lol. Deadpool is too awesome to not have his own pinball table. And who knows, maybe my man Archangel could have a cameo since they teamed up together in Uncanny X-Force somewhat recently.
    What's up, BW! I haven't spoken to ya in a while. Yeah you know I was all over this one. LOL You know I always liked Warren...well Archangel. One of the most conflicted Marvel characters in history. A table with him can show his struggle between good and being manipulated for evil. Apocalypse is another that should have an honorable mention here. So many possibilities!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    It's not that i'm not happy for a Deadpool table, but you (or someone else from Zen) say on this forum some months ago that a Deadpool or Punisher table wasn't possible, because Zen Pinball is a PEGI 12 game and these characters are in a PEGI 16/18 universes and you can't make tables about their without edulcorate their universes.
    What change your minds ?
    I was wondering the same thing. I know Solitude said they wouldn't do those tables for the reasons you listed, but I'm glad they had a change of heart. I mean, if LEGO Marvel Super Heroes can give Deadpool a prominent role why can't a pinball game?

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I know Solitude said they wouldn't do those tables for the reasons you listed, but I'm glad they had a change of heart. I mean, if LEGO Marvel Super Heroes can give Deadpool a prominent role why can't a pinball game?
    Yes very true, things always change from time to time... and surely if Zen had the chance to make those Characters have a themed Table they would. Deadpool is a really popular Character and seems his popularity just keeps rising.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Table looks really fantastic. Any table coming from Zen either SW, Marvel, or non-licensed, will be welcomed.
    Basically this. A great table is a great table regardless of the theme.

And Zen makes sure we get nothing but quality tables.

There are lots of other things we're working on, don't worry.
    I know. I just thought Dr. Strange was going to be the last Marvel table before you guys were moving on to something original, so I was bummed to hear there are even more planned. At this point there are far more Marvel/Star Wars tables than real, original, interesting and varied tables. In fact you guys may need to re-name it Disney Pinball soon, HA!

Err... now that I think of it I really hope your unannounced tables aren't going to be more Disney licenses...?

Personally I doubt Marvel is going anywhere soon, that license is so hot right now it would be stupid not to use said license. Zen have said other stuff is in the pipeline.. by now we should know that we can trust them. Whenever they are doubted they come out Flipping!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Default New table?!?!?!?!

Okay I know the Dr. Strange thread isn't some where I would post this, but I just saw something on my trophy list. It looks like a brand new table that's an original IP for ZP2. Here's the name of the trophies/achievements...

Golden Goal Trophy *bronze trophy*

Score a Golden Goal by starting the Wizard Mode and shooting a Super Jackpot into the goal on a Super League Football Table

Golden Boot Trophy *silver trophy*

Score 10 goals in a single match to be awarded with a Golden Boot on a Super League Football table.

So I think it's safe to say that our new IP table is named.....er..uh...Super League Football?! I'm super excited right now. I'm not a soccer fan by any means, but dang it I'll take a new table by Zen any day. Are any of you excited about this?!
    Last edited by Rafie; 10-17-2013 at 03:11 AM.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I just want to reiterate that I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about this new table. Read my above post.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Nice find Rafie, how about a table that goes with your new avatar. Getting the new tables later today cant wait. As for the new Marvel coming, bring it I love them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Okay I know the Dr. Strange thread isn't some where I would post this, but I just saw something on my trophy list. It looks like a brand new table that's an original IP for ZP2. Here's the name of the trophies/achievements...

Golden Goal Trophy *bronze trophy*

Score a Golden Goal by starting the Wizard Mode and shooting a Super Jackpot into the goal on a Super League Football Table

Golden Boot Trophy *silver trophy*

Score 10 goals in a single match to be awarded with a Golden Boot on a Super League Football table.

So I think it's safe to say that our new IP table is named.....er..uh...Super League Football?! I'm super excited right now. I'm not a soccer fan by any means, but dang it I'll take a new table by Zen any day. Are any of you excited about this?!
    OOOH my well Im a FOOTBALL fan lol will never call it Soccer great to know a Table like this is coming.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Well well, this is certainly a surprise. What a week it's been for us all, Zen are really spoiling us!

Super League Football eh? Is that an existing game I'm unaware of, or is it just a made up name for a new football themed table? Love that it's not called "soccer" too, makes a refreshing change, although I'm sure it will annoy our friends over the pond...

Right, I'm off to look for Bobby for some more info

Yeh looks like its the real FOOTball

Oh damn guess this is derailing the thread... we going off topic like crazy.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Default Don't mean to seem ungrateful, but..

This is, of course great news for everybody else, but for Mac users, who do not even have all the tables that already exist, specifically the 5 classic tables, such as Rome , and Excalibur, why can they not be released? Too hard to port? I certainly love the Tesla table, even more than the Marvel.. I am older than the typical comic book fan (retired) so maybe that's why the Marvel tables don't have the same appeal.. but then a lot of pinball fans tend to be older anyways..Regardless.. Zen2 is a superior pinball.. Can't say enough about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doccus View Post
    This is, of course great news for everybody else, but for Mac users, who do not even have all the tables that already exist, specifically the 5 classic tables, such as Rome , and Excalibur, why can they not be released? Too hard to port?
    Rome, Secrets of the Deep, Pasha and Biolab are all under exclusive contract with Microsoft. Heck, us PS3 players don't even have them. Now Excalibur should be easy to port over.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Rome, Secrets of the Deep, Pasha and Biolab are all under exclusive contract with Microsoft. Heck, us PS3 players don't even have them. Now Excalibur should be easy to port over.
    Yeah I just went ahead and got them on Steam. They were on sale. $5 or so Maybe less. They are fantastic tables for that time. Even Splosion Man is decent.

man i haven't been here in a while and i have missed all the cool news
    good to see Dr.Strange getting some love, i love me some Steve Ditko's psychedelic artstyle
    i hope we got all the gang of baddies in the table Shuma, Dormammu, Nigthmare, Mordo and Umar
    btw is this the last marvel table or we can expect more in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    btw is this the last marvel table or we can expect more in the future?
    It would be wise to read the all of the post by Barbie in this thread.

Default windows is too slow though..

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Yeah I just went ahead and got them on Steam. They were on sale. $5 or so Maybe less. They are fantastic tables for that time. Even Splosion Man is decent.
    Yeah, but of course the steam ones are windows versions only, notwithstanding the fact that steam is now available for Mac. I have a windows partition with Pinball FX2, it was because of this that I went ahead and got the OSX version, as I use it most of the time. A lot of my pinball games are PC only, which is why I installed Windows in the first place, because I have been collecting them for years and have every single one that was ever published. They all work great.. except Pinball FX, which is, frankly, unreasponsive, at least the flippers are. My computer is certainly fast enough.. It has one of those "experience index" ratings of over 5. THe OSX partition install plays beautifully though, just with less games.. ah well...

So Dr.Strange comes out today! (Well, it's actually already out, but not officially). I just want to bring up a little fact, if I remember correctly, that if we want it both for MP and ZP2 we buy it for Marvel Pinball, correct? That way we import it into ZP2. I think that's how it goes, it's been a long while since a Marvel release

So Dr.Strange comes out today! (Well, it's actually already out, but not officially). I just want to bring up a little fact, if I remember correctly, that if we want it both for MP and ZP2 we buy it for Marvel Pinball, correct? That way we import it into ZP2. I think that's how it goes, it's been a long while since a Marvel release
    I originally assumed (without asking, like a fool :P) that it would be part of MP, but it's not. Sorry for the confusion!

Don't see it for marvel only zen
    And don't see new marvel trophies

And I bought it but when clicking the trophy icon to read them it says please buy full version??

Uhmmm I got zen 2 and I bought the unlock key 2.99 soooo ummmm...????? Help?
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 12-17-2013 at 09:09 PM.

I originally assumed (without asking, like a fool :P) that it would be part of MP, but it's not. Sorry for the confusion!
    Interesting! The screenshots and the pack itself on the PS Store have the MP logo right on the picture, I guess it's required of you guys to put Marvel's name on it. Thanks for the insight Barbie!
    Last edited by snakeman07; 12-17-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Default Trophies gone missing

After install of update and dr strange table
    When I click on trophies it says buy full version
    On all my tables they are registering as demos
    Even though I bought them all and have all the trophies all tables act like demos

On dr strange I did Shuma gorath multiball saw the graphic of when trophy is earned but it didn't pop or get earned
    Again it says buy full version even after downloading demo and unlock
    I went to store and re downloaded unlock did not fix it

Ummm serious bug here anyone else having same experience?

Barbie some help here?
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 12-17-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    After install of update and dr strange table
    When I click on trophies it says buy full version
    On all my tables they are registering as demos
    Even though I bought them all and have all the trophies all tables act like demos

On dr strange I did Shuma gorath multiball saw the graphic of when trophy is earned but it didn't pop or get earned
    Again it says buy full version even after downloading demo and unlock
    I went to store and re downloaded unlock did not fix it

Ummm serious bug here anyone else having same experience?

Barbie some help here?
    You aren't the only one, we're looking into it. It may just be that the store isn't fully updated until tomorrow. Sit tight!

You aren't the only one, we're looking into it. It may just be that the store isn't fully updated until tomorrow. Sit tight!
    How would the store update have an effect on the game?

Not only that but all my old tables say the same thing. Unlock full version to get trophies.
    but I obviously have full version and all trophies

And it says full version as in ZP2 full version not table unlock
    But wasn't ZP2. A free game and you just buy tables right?

How would the store update have an effect on the game?

Not only that but all my old tables say the same thing. Unlock full version to get trophies.
    but I obviously have full version and all trophies

And it says full version as in ZP2 full version not table unlock
    But wasn't ZP2. A free game and you just buy tables right?
    I think it's the update that caused the problem. I noticed it firing up ZP2 before Dr Strange was released. When I played Thor there was some weird things going on with the trophy Icon in the table select menu. Some tables had both and some tables that I know I got both didn't show.

Like Barbie said it should take care of itself (hopefully) Really no big deal though. The trophies should be easy to get. Shuma-Gora multiball isn't tough to get.

Eye of agamato trophie mini field trophy is a bit tougher but shouldn't be hard to get.

By the way Kudos to another great table. great Flow IMO I just wish it was more challenging.

Thanks guys - I'm sure once it's all updated it'll be fine. We're keeping an eye on it

The game appears to require the latest firmware update (4.53), which is just an optional update on the PS3. You'll need to manually update it by going into the XMB settings and select "System Update".

The game appears to require the latest firmware update (4.53), which is just an optional update on the PS3. You'll need to manually update it by going into the XMB settings and select "System Update".
    I downloaded system update it did not fix the problem
    It still says "thanks for checking out zen pinball 2! Trophies are only available in the full game. Buy the full game and extend your collection with exquisite zen pinball 2 trophies!"

Hit X to buy pack or O to continue

If I hit X the same menu And message come back up. because I guess I already bought it?

I downloaded system update it did not fix the problem
    It still says "thanks for checking out zen pinball 2! Trophies are only available in the full game. Buy the full game and extend your collection with exquisite zen pinball 2 trophies!"

Hit X to buy pack or O to continue

If I hit X the same menu And message come back up. because I guess I already bought it?
    I also did the following, since my PS3 has been acting up lately. It crashed on me at the store today (had to unplug the system) and the store app stopped working altogether after that. I also thought ZP2 was acting screwy too.

1.) Went into Safe Mode and selected "4.) Rebuild Database".
    2.) Went into Safe Mode and selected "3.) Restore File System".
    3.) Downloaded Firmware Update 4.53 (this fixed the store app).
    4.) Went to my download list and re-downloaded the "Avengers Chronicles Unlock".

ZP2's trophy list seems to be tied to the Avengers Chronicles unlock, so you might want to try re-downloading that first. If that fails, then take the system into safe mode and select option 3 "restore file system". This will fix any broken code on your hard drive (including game downloads). If that fails, then go back into Safe Mode and select Rebuild Database. This purges all "deleted data" on your hard drive, while keeping the existing data safe and sound.
    Last edited by shogun00; 12-18-2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Took care of that run-on.

I also did the following, since my PS3 has been acting up lately. It crashed on me at the store today (had to unplug the system) and the store app stopped working altogether after that and I thought ZP2 was acting screwy too.

1.) Went into Safe Mode and selected "4.) Rebuild Database".
    2.) Went into Safe Mode and selected "3.) Restore File System".
    3.) Downloaded Firmware Update 4.53 (this fixed the store app).
    4.) Went to my download list and re-downloaded the "Avengers Chronicles Unlock".

ZP2's trophy list seems to be tied to the Avengers Chronicles unlock, so you might want to try re-downloading that first. If that fails, then take the system into safe mode and select option 3 "restore file system". This will fix any broken code on your hard drive (including game downloads). If that fails, then go back into Safe Mode and select Rebuild Database. This purges all "deleted data" on your hard drive, while keeping the existing data safe and sound.
    Ok I re-downloaded avengers unlock and it worked !!!!!!
    Weird
    Why?
    I don't know
    Don't care
    Now I'm going to go re-earn the trophies so they count this time

Thank shogun good call!!!

Fix found! I hope Barbie will spread the word.

Wooooo! You guys rock

Weird
    Why?
    I don't know
    Don't care
    Now I'm going to go re-earn the trophies so they count this time

Thank shogun good call!!!
    Fix found! I hope Barbie will spread the word.

Shogun figured it out, but all you need to do is re-download the Avengers chronicles 100kb unlock. I'm still on ps3 version 4.50 and doing that fixed the issue for me. Thanks Shogun, always the one to come up with the soloution!

Not sure if it's relegated to the Dr Strange table only but there is a definite audio glitch on Dr Strange as the audio is coming out of the right speaker about 90% including all the voice and music, with only some muted sound fx coming out of the left. My friend noticed the same thing last night. Plus the sound is a bit distorted. Somethings way off.

This is on the PS3 version.

Prob a simple fix but wanted to put it out there.

Other than that - great table!
    Table wishlist: Tron . Halo . Gears of War . Final Fantasy . Robot/Mechs . Golf . Pool/Billiards

Quote Originally Posted by Phobos790 View Post
    Not sure if it's relegated to the Dr Strange table only but there is a definite audio glitch on Dr Strange as the audio is coming out of the right speaker about 90% including all the voice and music, with only some muted sound fx coming out of the left. My friend noticed the same thing last night. Plus the sound is a bit distorted. Somethings way off.

Thanks for the heads up!

I don't have this problem. Just saying. It's gotta be something with your setup. However, I think in Marvel Pinball I had a similar problem, it seemed to hug the right speakers more. All my speakers were set at the same distance/balance, so I don't know.

I don't have this problem. Just saying. It's gotta be something with your setup. However, I think in Marvel Pinball I had a similar problem, it seemed to hug the right speakers more. All my speakers were set at the same distance/balance, so I don't know.
    Not my setup. All other audio for everything is fine. As said, my friend has the same issue. We're playing on PS3. He says it's on other tables too...
    Table wishlist: Tron . Halo . Gears of War . Final Fantasy . Robot/Mechs . Golf . Pool/Billiards

Default No Stange in Poland?

Hey, I should be able to purchase anything available on the European PSN, right? Doctor Strange is listed online as being available, yet doesn't appear on my PSN or Zen Pinball 2 menu screens. Could you please set my mind at ease and tell me it's just a slight delay?

I am not seeing it either on ps4.
    PSN ID: mdh71

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Trekker View Post
    I am not seeing it either on ps4.
    Barbie said there was issue with PSN regarding Dr Strange and they'll get on it right after xmas. Give it a day or two.

Any word on Dr. Strange being released on PS4 Barbie?

Trying to be patient as shown above but really expected it or an announcement by now...

That's too bad. I would have thought that the complete Marvel collection of tables would end up in Marvel Pinball. It feels weird to just have the last few left out.

Are there no plans even for it to be added later when the rest of the *pool* of Marvel tables come out?

Any word on Dr. Strange being released on PS4 Barbie?

Trying to be patient as shown above but really expected it or an announcement by now...
    Not sure when, doesn't sound like Sony has given us a new date yet. Will post as soon as I hear the word.

Hey everyone - Dr Strange will be available tomorrow on PS4 in North America!

Hey everyone - Dr Strange will be available tomorrow on PS4 in North America!
    Yay! I'm gone get my wizard on, or something like that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk