Facebook Login Nag Dialog. Please change behavior.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaredmorgs
    • Mar 2013

Facebook Login Nag Dialog. Please change behavior.

I opened up the app today and I get this Facebook nag screen.

Firstly, I don't use facebook except for close family and friends.

Secondly, I get asked every time I open the app. Really?

Thirdly, why not do away with facebook and implement Google Play Games instead. I'd *happily* click OK if we were talking about GPG.

This would also allow you to unbind all the Swarm stuff in the game and just use a native Android solution.

You know that you get free publicity in the Google Play Games app if you implement the framework, right? The publicity in the Swarm app certainly means you are the rose amongst thorns at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

You should be able to disable the FaceBook login in your app settings.

Comment

• jaredmorgs
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
      You should be able to disable the FaceBook login in your app settings.
      Thanks for following up Barbie. I'll check that now.

UPDATE:

I have gone through all option screens and there is no menu that allows me to turn off this feature.

Is this something managed through Swarm, or natively through the app.
      Last edited by jaredmorgs; 10-16-2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jaredmorgs
        Thanks for following up Barbie. I'll check that now.

UPDATE:

I have gone through all option screens and there is no menu that allows me to turn off this feature.

Is this something managed through Swarm, or natively through the app.
        Sorry- its not a ZP HD app option, its a device setting - Go into your settings, then click apps and disable facebook (it should show up as an option, if not, let me know).
        Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 10-16-2013, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• jaredmorgs
          • Mar 2013

Sorry- its not a ZP HD app option, its a device setting - Go into your settings, then click apps and disable facebook (it should show up as an option, if not, let me know).
          So I went into Settings > Apps > Facebook.

I do have an option to Disable, but that disables the entire app. Meaning, I can't use the app at all on my device and it hides it in all menus.

If this is how app users are expected to disable the Facebook Nag dialog, then that is not a reasonable solution.

Just have the app remember the setting somehow after first choosing your preference in the Zen app.

Comment

• surf1der
            Pinball Wizard
            • Jan 2012

When did the android version get facebook integration? Please do NOT add it to iOS.

Comment

• jaredmorgs
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by surf1der
              When did the android version get facebook integration? Please do NOT add it to iOS.
              This dialog/functionality must have been slipped in when the permission was recently added then revoked.

Comment

• Tang
                • Oct 2013

Zen studio makes annoying approuch.

So I went into Settings > Apps > Facebook.

I do have an option to Disable, but that disables the entire app. Meaning, I can't use the app at all on my device and it hides it in all menus.

If this is how app users are expected to disable the Facebook Nag dialog, then that is not a reasonable solution.

Just have the app remember the setting somehow after first choosing your preference in the Zen app.
                If there is a dislike button on how developer makes this kind of annoying mistake, I would have push it . I paid for this app and should be able to choose if I wanna log into my facebook account or not. If I don't want it to or don't have one. No way the stupid app will ask me everytime I lanch the app. The app should remeber that I didn't wanna log in for the first time and it shouldn't ask me for a second unless I go into my settings . Remove the pop up.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Tang
                  If there is a dislike button on how developer makes this kind of annoying mistake, I would have push it . I paid for this app and should be able to choose if I wanna log into my facebook account or not. If I don't want it to or don't have one. No way the stupid app will ask me everytime I lanch the app. The app should remeber that I didn't wanna log in for the first time and it shouldn't ask me for a second unless I go into my settings . Remove the pop up.
                  No need to be nasty.

The Facebook login was introduced by Swarm, not by us, but we should have it removed sometime tomorrow.

Comment

• Tang
                    • Oct 2013

No need to be nasty.

The Facebook login was introduced by Swarm, not by us, but we should have it removed sometime tomorrow.
                    Pinball app is developed by Zen Studio. Even the app gives Swarm prio to lanch before the game to log into its high score function. It shouldn't have permission to pop up a second screen before that to log into facebook. This is a security issue to trust a third party to be able to introduce such pop ups.

Well the quick response give at least some comfort. Can't wait for an update.

Comment

• jaredmorgs
                      • Mar 2013

No need to be nasty.

@Tang Calm down, sport. It is not that big of a deal. Worth reporting, yes. Not worth flying off the handle about.

@BarbieBobomb Thanks for fixing the issue so quickly. I did think it might have something to do with Swarm. And I did try and see if there was a way of turning off Soc Net spamming in the app. But there doesn't seem to be.

**ahem** GPG lets you control very precisely the level of broadcast it makes to Google Plus **ahem**

Comment

• jaredmorgs
                        • Mar 2013

No need to be nasty.

Verified as fixed in the latest update. Thanks Barbie. :-)

::shakes fist:: at swarm.

Comment

• Michelangelos
                          • Apr 2014

Verified as fixed in the latest update. Thanks Barbie. :-)

::shakes fist:: at swarm.
                          Excuse me...but I saw this and I'm having a related issue. No facebook integration by swarm and Zen Pinball HD for android.

I have the account linked in swarm...checked the option to use facebook. Logged into facebook screen that appears but received an error that my account already had swarm account.

Even after that...swarm or zen pinball ...neither of two are posting any hiscore I've achieved in the game to my facebook wall. The scores appears correctly in the zen pinball highscores...but none on my facebook. Tried to install the full swarm client and nothing was solved. What should I do so the game could publish my highscores on facebook???

Comment

Working...