Thread: It's out on PSN + thoughts.

Default It's out on PSN + thoughts.

Well It's been out since before noon and I've been playing for the past 3 hours.

I started with ROTJ since that was the first trailer released. It's a great table. I like how Deep tweaked the sling shots and the bounciness of the balls around the in/out-lanes. It's seems like a fast table considering that if you miss a shot it's dangerous enough to drain very quickly which isn't a bad thing IMO. I've been mostly trying out each of the missions and they are interesting enough for it's variety. Scene 5 is my favorite so far. Hitting Vader in the first part reflects the ball very fast so be careful. I couldn't quit figure out if the scenes are similar to Empire strikes back table. So far I didn't see a save feature to it.

Darth Vader was next and I found it way too easy to keep the ball in play. I played my first game for a long time. I like how the missions are played out. The tables seems to be too focused on hurry up modes. where you can get good scores during the count-downs. The different colors in one of the multi-ball levels can be distracting at first but still fun.

Starfighter Assault is my favorite so far. I love the openness of the table. Missing some shots up in the upper area can lead to straight down the middle drains.I like how choosing each side changes the font of the turrets and ships but was hoping for some variation like civil war.

It's a great pack. You guys really out do yourselves with table design and unique play mechanincs

As far as difficulty of the tables in the pack I'm finding Darth Vader the easiest to keep the ball in play. Mission difficulty is pretty good.

Next difficult one is Starfighter assault only because of the straight down the middle drains coming from missed shots in the upper playfield.

I find ROTJ the most unique and harder of the 3. Only from the activeness of the sling shots and how the ball can drain so quickly with missed shots.

Glad you like it - and I agree - Starfighter is my favorite at the moment. First time I played it I laughed like a maniac I was having so much fun!

I've only had playtime with Darth Vader so far, and it's by far the easiest table to get a billion yet, it was just too easy, kind of sad really. It's a really fun table though, and most ball drains came from SDTM. The Starfighter mini game reminds me of the old Star Tours at Disneyland/Disneyworld, it makes me smile Going to go play the other ones now!

So I seem to have encountered a trophy bug or sorts. I popped a few trophies on the Darth Vader table and one on RotJ. They are not showing on my profile and the whole pack doesn't show under Zen Pinball 2 online. If I go offline, the pack appears and the trophies I unlocked. They seem to show just fine in SW Pinball being online. My trophy count is 3017, that's what it was before I played the tables today, it should be 3020 now, but it's not. I've synced multiple times and no luck. I've never had this happen before with any game

Got all the zen2 trophies but 1( the lone fighter) and same thing ZP2 must not be synched with the psn.

Vader is easiest table and I have all trophies on both games although you accrual lay don't have to complete any missions for trophies just the hurry ups or multiballs.

Jedi all trophies for both except beat all scenes( just haven't tried yet)

Star fighter looks to be the hardest for trophies.
    On zp2 killing the lone fighter is tough!
    Question: if I upgrade my x-wing will that make killing him in the mini game easier. For example upgrade my lasers and I need less hits on him. Upgrade shields and I can take more hits?

Then in sw pinball I haven't played star fighter yet but one trophy is to complete all squad missions. That seems tough. You have to rank up and beat each one that could be real hard and maybe the hardest trophy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    So I seem to have encountered a trophy bug or sorts. I popped a few trophies on the Darth Vader table and one on RotJ. They are not showing on my profile and the whole pack doesn't show under Zen Pinball 2 online. If I go offline, the pack appears and the trophies I unlocked. They seem to show just fine in SW Pinball being online. My trophy count is 3017, that's what it was before I played the tables today, it should be 3020 now, but it's not. I've synced multiple times and no luck. I've never had this happen before with any game
    No bug! Sony just hasn't updated the trophy server for ZP2.

Quite simply Zen Studios finest work yet. Especially in love with the Dark Vader Table though baffled as to why anyone would actually choose to skip the Darth Vader Assembly start up mission - for an average player like me 10 mill for so little effort is not to be sniffed at.

The Starfighter table is a visual feast to end all visual feasts. Lots of fun mini games and aestetic changes to be had based on the side you choose really makes it a pinnacle of virtual pinball IMO.

The third table based on the movie ive only had a quick couple of goes at it because i only downloaded this morning but looking true to the movie and fun though i prefer the more straight forward and easier to discern targets on tables like Darth Vader table is. I often have to pause and get my bearings to see the tiny target lights im meant to be aiming for... being a fan of View 3 on these tables clearly does me no favours in that regard.

The Star Fighter and Return tables seem really good. I really liked what I played of them so far, especially Return. They're good enough that I don't hate them even though they're Star Wars.

like the others have said though the Darth Vader table is so easy it almost feels broken though. I haven't hit a billion points (dear God man... a billion?!?), but I did hit 90+ million on like my 3rd game and that took so long I was considering just turning it off. It's also almost all red/steel colored so it isn't very interesting to look at and lacks any interesting contrast or scenery.

I like how the Return table has an R2-D2 bumper in the drain just like the Baloon from JJP's new Wizard of Oz table. I thought that was funny.

had just played 30 minutes on all 3 , awsome , cant make a choise wich one i gonna digg in first ...
    i played a minigame on the Assault , it reminded me on the good old Space Invaders from Atari .... i cant stop looking at that cool Darth Vader Mask in on his Board ..ohh & as the Eewoks started laughing was just hillarious, felt like they having fun watching me play bad ....
    have the same trophy problem as Snakeman wrote above .... allready thought " it cant be that he has not achieved a Trophie " lol
    maybe very, veeehry secret Trophies .... ?lol

We're working on it!

i don't even see the trophies list under zp2 , i bought on star wars first
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    i don't even see the trophies list under zp2 , i bought on star wars first
    We're working on this issue now.

ZP2 PSN trophy issue should be fixed now - please let me know if you encounter any other issues!

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    No bug! Sony just hasn't updated the trophy server for ZP2.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We're working on it!
    ZP2 PSN trophy issue should be fixed now - please let me know if you encounter any other issues!
    Thanks guys, it was spooking me out! Glad to hear it's been fixed.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Il delay playing it proper until the fix is implemented as I don't want to complete a Wizard Mode for the first time and not hear that ding sound

Edit - Fixed cool.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

*cough* what about the two unknown/mystery table trophies that are now on the list?

I've only had playtime with Darth Vader so far, and it's by far the easiest table to get a billion yet, it was just too easy, kind of sad really. It's a really fun table though, and most ball drains came from SDTM. The Starfighter mini game reminds me of the old Star Tours at Disneyland/Disneyworld, it makes me smile Going to go play the other ones now!
    Well I feel like a tool Only tried it a few times so far, but my best is about 59 million

Have to take the time to draw out the tables and write down the specifics of the modes so I can figure out what to do.

The right mini-orbit causes a lot of my ball drains so far.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    *cough* what about the two unknown/mystery table trophies that are now on the list?
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Tables are great fun...you guys outdid yourselves on cool minigames! I'm at work and just jonesing to get home and fire her up. Starfighter is my favorite so far, really cool.

I know this is the wrong thread, but any news on PS4 plans? I should have one fairly soon and NEED my pinball...especially with this and Strange on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEther View Post
    Well I feel like a tool Only tried it a few times so far, but my best is about 59 million

Have to take the time to draw out the tables and write down the specifics of the modes so I can figure out what to do.

The right mini-orbit causes a lot of my ball drains so far.
    Darth Vader is really easy. I am definitely not a pro but had 100 millions on my first game. The rebel base ramp is easy and there are tons of multiball modes with lots of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollwart View Post

I know this is the wrong thread, but any news on PS4 plans? I should have one fairly soon and NEED my pinball...especially with this and Strange on the way...
    OHHHH YES. Plans indeed. News soon!

Wow, that's great to hear! First hints at Deadpool, and now plans for PS4 hinted!

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Il delay playing it proper until the fix is implemented as I don't want to complete a Wizard Mode for the first time and not hear that ding sound
    Just an FYI, the trophies will still ding and will appear on your "offline" trophy list. It's just the online trophy list (which syncs to Sony's trophy server) that wasn't updating.

th_RenStimpy-Happy-Joy.jpg

starfighter confuses me a lot whenever on a mission with those jets and lasers blazing all over the playfield..i almost always have to look for that ball because it blends with the playfield's color XD

oh..and i can't see my trophies on the ZP2 version for the balance of the force tables..i see it on the star wars version though. this is on the Vita btw.
    Last edited by johny_dmonic; 10-17-2013 at 04:12 AM.

Red face

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    I lol when I saw this one Barbie, a Wizard of Oz table could be just grand.

Just an FYI, the trophies will still ding and will appear on your "offline" trophy list. It's just the online trophy list (which syncs to Sony's trophy server) that wasn't updating.
    Once again you school me on PSN thanks, yeh I synced the Trophies and everything was fine.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Soon like next week *Bats Eyes* Coooome on

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Actually it's funny that everyone is saying Darth Vader is the easiest, as on that table I'm personally struggling to achieve a competitive score on. Conversely, I've played the Return of the Jedi table, which a lot of people saying is difficult, and scored over 100m on the first go.

All three tables are great by the way. I'm trying to decipher which designer created Starfighter Assault. While it does play a lot like Deep's creations (especially with the DMD layout and the fact multiple modes can play at the same time), I can't see him doing two tables in the same pack, surely!
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    Actually it's funny that everyone is saying Darth Vader is the easiest, as on that table I'm personally struggling to achieve a competitive score on. Conversely, I've played the Return of the Jedi table, which a lot of people saying is difficult, and scored over 100m on the first go.

All three tables are great by the way. I'm trying to decipher which designer created Starfighter Assault. While it does play a lot like Deep's creations (especially with the DMD layout and the fact multiple modes can play at the same time), I can't see him doing two tables in the same pack, surely!
    I don't remember where it was mentioned but the designer of the Starfighter Assault is a relatively new member of the team.

Deep (Return of the Jedi) designed Infinity Gauntlet, Empire strikes Back, Fantastic Four.

The guy who designed Darth Vader did Iron Man, Thor, World War Hulk, Mars. Personally Iron Man, MARS and Thor were his better tables. WWH and Darth Vader were kind of disappointing only for the fact of the challenging aspects of the other 3. WWH being mostly Ramp Spam and I can't say it isn't the same with DV.

It also depends on your style of play. Maybe you think too long where to aim next? Played four games so far, 100, 84, 40 and 15 millions. I only started one mission in the 84 millions game. Just keep shooting ramps like mad and you'll score many points.
    Darth Vader is my least favourite of the pack as I have hurry up modes almost all the time and the constant "x hurry up", "hurry up ended" sample is annoying. Maybe it's just my playing style.

My Personal Top 6 Star Wars Tables:

1) Starfighter Assault: simply great!
    2) Return of the Jedi: I love Endor, the colors are great...many nice ideas but more 3D characters would be great (Ewoks!!!)
    3) The Empire Strikes Back: great missions, great 3D characters but I don't like the table design, layout, ramp-style
    4) Boba Fett: awesome design, artwork...I don't like his character much and I always fail at the table though.
    5) Clone Wars: cool table but too many ramps and...I only love the old movies
    6) Darth Vader: fighting against Luke or Anakin is fun but the constant hurry up modes are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by johny_dmonic View Post
    oh..and i can't see my trophies on the ZP2 version for the balance of the force tables..i see it on the star wars version though. this is on the Vita btw.
    So is the ZP2 trophy-sync issue definitely fixed then? I plan to buy the new pack for ZP2 tonight but want to be sure it's all working properly.

I only want to play the game from the ZP2 app rather than on the Standalone (as Vita memory card space is precious.)

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy100 View Post
    So is the ZP2 trophy-sync issue definitely fixed then? I plan to buy the new pack for ZP2 tonight but want to be sure it's all working properly.

I only want to play the game from the ZP2 app rather than on the Standalone (as Vita memory card space is precious.)
    Yep - should be fine now

Thanks so much, Barbie! Can't wait to get stuck in tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post

Jeppo, you're the only person ahead of me on the RotJ friends-list scoreboard. *Shakes fist at you!

I also just want to say that as much as I dislike Star Wars (and am not a fan of Marvel), these Starfighter and Jedi tables are so damn good they could almost make me like it again!

If only someone had killed Lucas before he managed to ruin the entire Star Wars universe.

Thumbs up

I DL on ZP-2 first then went over to SW and the 3 tables were there w/o importing, very nice.

Default Unlock issue for PS3

I just downloaded Zen Pinball 2 yesterday for PS3 yesterday and got a 4 pack of tables with no problem. Today I purchased the Balance of Force pack, downloaded and installed the PS3 Balance of Force Unlock option from the PS Store, but the tables are still locked. Is this newbie doing something wrong? Help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrummer View Post
    I just downloaded Zen Pinball 2 yesterday for PS3 yesterday and got a 4 pack of tables with no problem. Today I purchased the Balance of Force pack, downloaded and installed the PS3 Balance of Force Unlock option from the PS Store, but the tables are still locked. Is this newbie doing something wrong? Help is appreciated!
    You got to download the demo first (full game, but set to demo mode) and the unlock (turns off demo mode).

Let me guess you bought The Avengers Chronicles pack yesterday? Zen Pinball 2 comes preloaded with the Avengers Chronicles demo, so it only needs the unlock to work fully. All of the other tables need both the demos and the purchased unlocks for them to work correctly.

EDIT: Oh and make sure you are downloading the correct version of the table pack. You want the PS3 versions of "Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Balance of the Force" demo and unlock. In that download list of yours you are getting both ZP2 and SWP versions of the table for the PS3 and Vita. That's 8 different downloads on that list.
    Last edited by shogun00; 11-03-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Default Problem solved!

You got to download the demo first (full game, but set to demo mode) and the unlock (turns off demo mode).

Let me guess you bought The Avengers Chronicles pack yesterday? Zen Pinball 2 comes preloaded with the Avengers Chronicles demo, so it only needs the unlock to work fully. All of the other tables need both the demos and the purchased unlocks for them to work correctly.

EDIT: Oh and make sure you are downloading the correct version of the table pack. You want the PS3 versions of "Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Balance of the Force" demo and unlock. In that download list of yours you are getting both ZP2 and SWP versions of the table for the PS3 and Vita. That 8 different downloads on that list.

Thanks Shogun, that's exactly what it was. Did I miss a screen somewhere where this is explained in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrummer View Post
    Did I miss a screen somewhere where this is explained in the game?
    No you didn't. This is actually pretty common knowledge with most indie games in general on the PSN. Sony usually notes it on the PS Store, when you purchase the game. However, it is very easy to overlook.

When it comes to indie companies, most of them go with the demo/unlock download model. It's a cheaper way to release out a demo, than it is to create an actual sampler. All they have to do is create a few lines of code in the actual game to lock out the content, while the unlock download is a patch that removes those few lines of code, so you can play the full game.

As for the different versions of the game, that's part of the Cross-Buy program that Sony offers to the developers.
    Last edited by shogun00; 11-03-2013 at 06:14 PM.