Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tenorhero
    • Mar 2012

It's out on PSN + thoughts.

Well It's been out since before noon and I've been playing for the past 3 hours.

I started with ROTJ since that was the first trailer released. It's a great table. I like how Deep tweaked the sling shots and the bounciness of the balls around the in/out-lanes. It's seems like a fast table considering that if you miss a shot it's dangerous enough to drain very quickly which isn't a bad thing IMO. I've been mostly trying out each of the missions and they are interesting enough for it's variety. Scene 5 is my favorite so far. Hitting Vader in the first part reflects the ball very fast so be careful. I couldn't quit figure out if the scenes are similar to Empire strikes back table. So far I didn't see a save feature to it.

Darth Vader was next and I found it way too easy to keep the ball in play. I played my first game for a long time. I like how the missions are played out. The tables seems to be too focused on hurry up modes. where you can get good scores during the count-downs. The different colors in one of the multi-ball levels can be distracting at first but still fun.

Starfighter Assault is my favorite so far. I love the openness of the table. Missing some shots up in the upper area can lead to straight down the middle drains.I like how choosing each side changes the font of the turrets and ships but was hoping for some variation like civil war.

It's a great pack. You guys really out do yourselves with table design and unique play mechanincs

As far as difficulty of the tables in the pack I'm finding Darth Vader the easiest to keep the ball in play. Mission difficulty is pretty good.

Next difficult one is Starfighter assault only because of the straight down the middle drains coming from missed shots in the upper playfield.

I find ROTJ the most unique and harder of the 3. Only from the activeness of the sling shots and how the ball can drain so quickly with missed shots.
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Glad you like it - and I agree - Starfighter is my favorite at the moment. First time I played it I laughed like a maniac I was having so much fun!

Comment

• snakeman07
      Banned
      • Jan 2012

I've only had playtime with Darth Vader so far, and it's by far the easiest table to get a billion yet, it was just too easy, kind of sad really. It's a really fun table though, and most ball drains came from SDTM. The Starfighter mini game reminds me of the old Star Tours at Disneyland/Disneyworld, it makes me smile Going to go play the other ones now!

Comment

• snakeman07
        Banned
        • Jan 2012

So I seem to have encountered a trophy bug or sorts. I popped a few trophies on the Darth Vader table and one on RotJ. They are not showing on my profile and the whole pack doesn't show under Zen Pinball 2 online. If I go offline, the pack appears and the trophies I unlocked. They seem to show just fine in SW Pinball being online. My trophy count is 3017, that's what it was before I played the tables today, it should be 3020 now, but it's not. I've synced multiple times and no luck. I've never had this happen before with any game

Comment

• DiscoKing
          • Jul 2012

Got all the zen2 trophies but 1( the lone fighter) and same thing ZP2 must not be synched with the psn.

Vader is easiest table and I have all trophies on both games although you accrual lay don't have to complete any missions for trophies just the hurry ups or multiballs.

Jedi all trophies for both except beat all scenes( just haven't tried yet)

Star fighter looks to be the hardest for trophies.
          On zp2 killing the lone fighter is tough!
          Question: if I upgrade my x-wing will that make killing him in the mini game easier. For example upgrade my lasers and I need less hits on him. Upgrade shields and I can take more hits?

Then in sw pinball I haven't played star fighter yet but one trophy is to complete all squad missions. That seems tough. You have to rank up and beat each one that could be real hard and maybe the hardest trophy to get.

Comment

• shogun00
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by snakeman07
            So I seem to have encountered a trophy bug or sorts. I popped a few trophies on the Darth Vader table and one on RotJ. They are not showing on my profile and the whole pack doesn't show under Zen Pinball 2 online. If I go offline, the pack appears and the trophies I unlocked. They seem to show just fine in SW Pinball being online. My trophy count is 3017, that's what it was before I played the tables today, it should be 3020 now, but it's not. I've synced multiple times and no luck. I've never had this happen before with any game
            No bug! Sony just hasn't updated the trophy server for ZP2.

Comment

• Skode
              Pinball Wizard
              • Jul 2011

Quite simply Zen Studios finest work yet. Especially in love with the Dark Vader Table though baffled as to why anyone would actually choose to skip the Darth Vader Assembly start up mission - for an average player like me 10 mill for so little effort is not to be sniffed at.

The Starfighter table is a visual feast to end all visual feasts. Lots of fun mini games and aestetic changes to be had based on the side you choose really makes it a pinnacle of virtual pinball IMO.

The third table based on the movie ive only had a quick couple of goes at it because i only downloaded this morning but looking true to the movie and fun though i prefer the more straight forward and easier to discern targets on tables like Darth Vader table is. I often have to pause and get my bearings to see the tiny target lights im meant to be aiming for... being a fan of View 3 on these tables clearly does me no favours in that regard.

Comment

• Metalzoic
                • Sep 2012

The Star Fighter and Return tables seem really good. I really liked what I played of them so far, especially Return. They're good enough that I don't hate them even though they're Star Wars.

like the others have said though the Darth Vader table is so easy it almost feels broken though. I haven't hit a billion points (dear God man... a billion?!?), but I did hit 90+ million on like my 3rd game and that took so long I was considering just turning it off. It's also almost all red/steel colored so it isn't very interesting to look at and lacks any interesting contrast or scenery.

I like how the Return table has an R2-D2 bumper in the drain just like the Baloon from JJP's new Wizard of Oz table. I thought that was funny.

Comment

• Dicepticon79
                  • Jul 2011

had just played 30 minutes on all 3 , awsome , cant make a choise wich one i gonna digg in first ...
                  i played a minigame on the Assault , it reminded me on the good old Space Invaders from Atari .... i cant stop looking at that cool Darth Vader Mask in on his Board ..ohh & as the Eewoks started laughing was just hillarious, felt like they having fun watching me play bad ....
                  have the same trophy problem as Snakeman wrote above .... allready thought " it cant be that he has not achieved a Trophie " lol
                  maybe very, veeehry secret Trophies .... ?lol

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by snakeman07
                    We're working on it!

Comment

• maink
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Dec 2011

i don't even see the trophies list under zp2 , i bought on star wars first
                      i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by maink
                        i don't even see the trophies list under zp2 , i bought on star wars first
                        We're working on this issue now.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2012

ZP2 PSN trophy issue should be fixed now - please let me know if you encounter any other issues!

Comment

• snakeman07
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by shogun00
                            No bug! Sony just hasn't updated the trophy server for ZP2.
                            Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                            We're working on it!
                            Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                            ZP2 PSN trophy issue should be fixed now - please let me know if you encounter any other issues!
                            Thanks guys, it was spooking me out! Glad to hear it's been fixed.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                              Writer of Guides
                              • Apr 2011

Il delay playing it proper until the fix is implemented as I don't want to complete a Wizard Mode for the first time and not hear that ding sound

Edit - Fixed cool.
                              sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Working...