Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 170

Thread: Super League Football table

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mammouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toulouse
    Posts
    110

    Cool Super League Football table

    Zen people, some trophies about a "Super League Football" have appeared on the trophy list on Zen Pinball 2. Can you tell us more about that ?
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    Zen people, some trophies about a "Super League Football" have appeared on the trophy list on Zen Pinball 2. Can you tell us more about that ?
    I already beat you to it. Don't steal my shine! LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  3. #3
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Yeh this is awesome, can't wait for this..... please have the Ball as a Football!


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North-West England
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Super League? You mean this?
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

  5. #5

    Default

    I have no idea what you're talking about *runs away*

  6. #6
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about *runs away*
    "GET OVER HERE!" - in Scorpion's voice.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Well in the stream where they were showing the Darth Vader table Barbie did mention a table that didn't have to do with Marvel or Star Wars. This could be it. And perhaps some news will be revealed even before Dr. Strange is released.

    I think they also mentioned that it could be released before the end of the year.

  8. #8
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Well in the stream where they were showing the Darth Vader table Barbie did mention a table that didn't have to do with Marvel or Star Wars. This could be it. And perhaps some news will be revealed even before Dr. Strange is released.

    I think they also mentioned that it could be released before the end of the year.
    Interesting, and Barbie also been teasing PS4 News... looks like the Year will go out in a Bang other then the Fireworks.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  9. #9
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Here I'll bump the trophy requirements here since Mammouth beat me to actually making a thread for it.

    Here's the name of the trophies/achievements...

    Golden Goal Trophy *bronze trophy*

    Score a Golden Goal by starting the Wizard Mode and shooting a Super Jackpot into the goal on a Super League Football Table

    Golden Boot Trophy *silver trophy*

    Score 10 goals in a single match to be awarded with a Golden Boot on a Super League Football table.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  10. #10
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Interesting, and Barbie also been teasing PS4 News... looks like the Year will go out in a Bang other then the Fireworks.
    Oooh PS4 news?! THAT'S what I've been waiting for. I know Zen wasn't going to not mention the new consoles! I'm getting a PS4 at launch and an Xbox in May. I'm so excited right now. These games are breaking my pockets! Sheesh!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  11. #11
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I already beat you to it. Don't steal my shine! LOL
    Keep telling yourself that

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    813

    Default

    I would have preferred an American football, baseball, basketball, or hockey table. But I am not sure how popular these sports are in Hungary. But I am very happy to see a Zen original. I am burned out of the Marvel theme. And it has been all Star Wars recently. So this is great news and I would like to see some more sports themed tables.

    On a side note, World Cup Soccer is a fantastic real life pinball machine. If you see one, don't pass up the chance to play it. It is a lot of fun.

    Edit: I forgot to mention golf.
    Last edited by surf1der; 10-17-2013 at 08:49 PM.

  13. #13
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I would have preferred an American football, baseball, basketball, or hockey table. But I am not sure how popular these sports are in Hungary. But I am very happy to see a Zen original. I am burned out of the Marvel theme. And it has been all Star Wars recently. So this is great news and I would like to see some more sports themed tables.

    On a side note, World Cup Soccer is a fantastic real life pinball machine. If you see one, don't pass up the chance to play it. It is a lot of fun.
    I was playing basketball back in the 90s a lot in high school. I will try to convince the leaders at Zen to let me design a basketball table some time

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    I was playing basketball back in the 90s a lot in high school. I will try to convince the leaders at Zen to let me design a basketball table some time
    That would be really awesome. Good luck!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Keep telling yourself that
    It's true man. It's TRUE!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  16. #16
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    It's true man. It's TRUE!!!
    You beat HIM to it, true

  17. #17
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Wonder when will get to see this Table, cat is out of the bag so I wonder of its close.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  18. #18
    Senior Member Mammouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toulouse
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I already beat you to it. Don't steal my shine! LOL
    Bad artists imitate, good artists steal
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    I'm not a soccer fan at all, but it seems like a theme anyone could enjoy with lots of very cool potential.
    I am just happy that we're at least getting a table that isn't Marvel or Star Wars. Looking forward to it!

    I am a bit surprised though. I was really expecting the next real table to be based on CastleStorm.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    Bad artists imitate, good artists steal
    LOL Good show my man!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  21. #21
    Senior Member Bearded_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, AL, US
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    I was playing basketball back in the 90s a lot in high school. I will try to convince the leaders at Zen to let me design a basketball table some time
    I used to play a lot of bball myself, mostly pickup games. I did play in jr high and high school though. I had to back off a year ago because I had a grade 3 sprain on my right ankle after landing of some guys foot while playing and it still doesn't feel right

    A rugby table eh? I'm down. I know next to nothing about the sport but those players look like they are in great shape and could kick some butt.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

    Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    A rugby table eh? I'm down. I know next to nothing about the sport but those players look like they are in great shape and could kick some butt.

    I thought it was soccer, but according to that link above it does look like Super League Football actually refers to rugby.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North-West England
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I don't think it would be a rugby table, but I suspect it would be based on some form of football-based sport (take your pick from Association ("soccer"), American, Aussie-Rules, Rugby Union, Rugby League)

    Come to think of it, there is a rugby league world cup coming up later this year, so you never know.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

  24. #24
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Guys it's a soccer table

  25. #25
    Senior Member Casio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Agreed. Rugby would bomb like a shot duck.

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Guys it's a soccer table
    Probably so, but the Rugby league is actually called "Super League Football".
    Really weird for them to name a soccer table after the official name of a rugby league though.

    That's like making a new baseball table and naming it the "National Basketball Association" table.

  27. #27
    Senior Member Bearded_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, AL, US
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Agreed. Rugby would bomb like a shot duck.
    I would play a rugby table before a soccer/futbol table any day. I just don't care for soccer. Rugby is awesome and has a bunch of manly men with beards. And I love beards <3
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

    Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

  28. #28
    Senior Member hunter328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    A soccer table? What happened, Zen couldn't afford the license for a more exciting league like the WNBA? Or pro bowling?
    I can just see the leaderboard: everyone tied for first with two points.
    A Real Football table, maybe like "RGIII Presents The Washington Redskins Pinball Spectacular," now that would be cool!

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    A soccer table? What happened, Zen couldn't afford the license for a more exciting league like the WNBA? Or pro bowling?
    I can just see the leaderboard: everyone tied for first with two points.
    A Real Football table, maybe like "RGIII Presents The Washington Redskins Pinball Spectacular," now that would be cool!
    NFL licenses are usually very expensive. And secondly, the devs are based in Budapest. I don't think American football is very big in Hungary. But I could be wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they could make a great football game and I would prefer it over a soccer themed table but at this point any Zen original would be a welcome change from Marvel.

    P.S. I think a bowling or basketball themed table would be pretty cool too. As well as hockey, golf, baseball, football, Olympics, pool, darts, tiddlywinks, curling, polo, badminton, croquet, greco roman wrestling, horseshoes, Kubb, Beirut, underwater basket weaving, bocce ball, rhythmic gymnastics, biathlon, triathlon, decathlon, and any other -athlons with a greek numeral prefrix.
    Last edited by surf1der; 12-04-2013 at 05:03 AM.

  30. #30
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    The trophy icons for the Super Football League table have been added to PSN Profiles. The image icons contain a soccer ball in them, so it's definitely not a rugby table.

    http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1526-Zen-Pinball-2/
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-14-2014 at 11:37 AM.

  31. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    152

    Default

    A soccer table will be just fine. Any table made by Zen has never disappointed me in the least.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

  32. #32

    Default

    Any chance of a hint to when this baby will be released? A sneak peek? lol.

  33. #33
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    NFL licenses are usually very expensive. And secondly, the devs are based in Budapest. I don't think American football is very big in Hungary. But I could be wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they could make a great football game and I would prefer it over a soccer themed table but at this point any Zen original would be a welcome change from Marvel.
    Actually American Football isn't all that popular anywhere besides the US. In Europe it's probably not even in the Top 10 of the most popular sports. Soccer however is by far the most popular sport over here.

    I'm really looking forward to sports themed tables. There's just tons of stuff you can do with them. No Good Gofers for example is a real life machine that I really dig

  34. #34
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    This is defo a good Table to release this year, especially that its World Cup year! BRASIL HERE WE COME!


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  35. #35
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    This is defo a good Table to release this year, especially that its World Cup year! BRASIL HERE WE COME!
    Just pray that you don't have to face us again
    But I agree it's world cup time so a soccer table will be very popular. Maybe even with missions specifically for each round and the finale is the wizard mode. Oh baby I'm hyped

  36. #36
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    Just pray that you don't have to face us again
    But I agree it's world cup time so a soccer table will be very popular. Maybe even with missions specifically for each round and the finale is the wizard mode. Oh baby I'm hyped
    Needs to have "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!"


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  37. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brucethejam View Post
    Any chance of a hint to when this baby will be released? A sneak peek? lol.
    We're getting closer! I will definitely post when I have the okay to spill the beans on this one

  38. #38

    Default

    Woooohoooo!!! Lookin forward to doin an overhead flipper kick lol or the flipper of god. Penalty flips lmao.

  39. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    The trophy icons for the Super Football League table have been added to PSN Profiles. The image icons contain a soccer ball in them, so it's definitely not a rugby table.

    http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1526-Zen-Pinball-2/
    So it is soccer for sure then.

    So why did they name it after the actual Rugby League then? That makes no sense.
    Shouldn't it be named after a soccer league instead?

  40. #40
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    So it is soccer for sure then.

    So why did they name it after the actual Rugby League then? That makes no sense.
    Shouldn't it be named after a soccer league instead?
    I guess it is just a cool sounding made up name for a football game. I'm still quite surprised/happy they called it football and not soccer though. And to be fair I've only heard it referred to as Super League or Super League rugby?

  41. #41
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    77

    Default

    The designer is English - no way was it being called Soccer

  42. #42
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    The designer is English - no way was it being called Soccer
    Great choice..... its FOOTBALL because its played predominantly with our feet!


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  43. #43
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    The designer is English - no way was it being called Soccer
    Love it! That makes me happy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Great choice..... its FOOTBALL because its played predominantly with our feet!
    Amen to that!

  44. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    The designer is English - no way was it being called Soccer
    That's fine. Just realize when you make the game description and create the table icon make sure it is clear that it has nothing to do with American football. Without going into the history of why American football is called football, American football is much more popular than football(i.e. soccer). When talking about American football we don't say American football we just say football and we refer to football as soccer. If the wording of that sentence confused you, it will give you an idea as to why we just call it soccer. In short, you should probably make the table icon an image of a soccer ball and specifically state in the game description for American digital marketplaces that this is a soccer table to avoid confusion and upset customers.

  45. #45
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    That's fine. Just realize when you make the game description and create the table icon make sure it is clear that it has nothing to do with American football. Without going into the history of why American football is called football, American football is much more popular than football(i.e. soccer). When talking about American football we don't say American football we just say football and we refer to football as soccer. If the wording of that sentence confused you, it will give you an idea as to why we just call it soccer. In short, you should probably make the table icon an image of a soccer ball and specifically state in the game description for American digital marketplaces that this is a soccer table to avoid confusion and upset customers.
    Good points surf1der. Although I think it's only in America that 'American football is much more popular than soccer', I'm sure the rest of the world would agree

  46. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    Good points surf1der. Although I think it's only in America that 'American football is much more popular than soccer', I'm sure the rest of the world would agree
    Sorry if that wasn't clear. I meant US football is the most popular sport in the United States. I realize that football/soccer is the most popular sport worldwide. I'm just excited to get another Zen original. And I hope to see some more sports themed tables in the future.

  47. #47
    Junior Member Ty-24-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savannah GA.
    Posts
    24

    Default my unasked opinion...yw ha

    i don't care if it's underwater basket weaving on acid, is the damn thing ever gonna come out? Super Fantasy League Football table more like it.

  48. #48
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I'm just excited to get another Zen original. And I hope to see some more sports themed tables in the future.
    I second that, I've always thought an Ice Hockey themed table could work well. I love the NHL but a generic one would still be cool and might even be better as it could give more scope to be over the top.

  49. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    152

    Default

    I hope this table features a moving goalie and who's that guy who's famous for his exuberant shouting of "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!"? I am afraid I live in the US and watch the NFL over any other sport. But I did play fullback when I was a youngster in a Soccer League.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

  50. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Sorry if that wasn't clear. I meant US football is the most popular sport in the United States. I realize that football/soccer is the most popular sport worldwide. I'm just excited to get another Zen original. And I hope to see some more sports themed tables in the future.
    The trophies say "on a Super league football table" which implies more than one Super League table.

    All the other trophies say "on the" such as "score x points on the Dr. Strange table" or "on the Darth Vader table".

    Then again maybe their proof reader just needs to be fired. Who knows?

  51. #51
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    The trophies say "on a Super league football table" which implies more than one Super League table.

    All the other trophies say "on the" such as "score x points on the Dr. Strange table" or "on the Darth Vader table".

    Then again maybe their proof reader just needs to be fired. Who knows?
    I wouldn't read too much into it. Trophy descriptions in general aren't always stellar. Since we only see 2 trophies, it's safe to assume that it's only one table.

  52. #52
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Hopefully this will quell those who are desperate for more original Zen Tables, I got to admit I'm hyped for this tables as I'm a huge FOOTball fan


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  53. #53
    Junior Member Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Definitely can't wait to get another Zen original

  54. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Definitely can't wait to get another Zen original
    I'd rather they make "BarbieBobomb VS. the Ninja Robot Pirate Zombies"

  55. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    185

    Default

    There's now two success on Steam
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

  56. #56
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Every day I think "Today is the day we get to see the Super League Football Table!"

    Then I start crying, Please Zen us Europeans need the Football\Pinball fix.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  57. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    I'd rather they make "BarbieBobomb VS. the Ninja Robot Pirate Zombies"
    I think this is a fantastic idea

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Every day I think "Today is the day we get to see the Super League Football Table!"

    Then I start crying, Please Zen us Europeans need the Football\Pinball fix.
    Awww don't cry! We're so close!

  58. #58
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post

    Awww don't cry! We're so close!
    I will try to be strong


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  59. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    I will try to be strong
    Group hug guys XD

  60. #60
    Senior Member Mammouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toulouse
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Why only spanish, english and italian clubs ?
    Even if i would prefer to select a french team (but they aren't competitive, except PSG this season ans Monaco next season), Bayern Munich has always been a great club, FC Porto, Ajax Amsterdam and Olympique de Marseille have fans all over the world and Glasgow Rangers has, with Celtic, a great history in football.
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

  61. #61
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    77

    Default

    We would have loved to have brought some French teams on board too, but unfortunately it wasn't possible due to certain team rights at this stage

  62. #62
    Senior Member Mammouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toulouse
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Erf, i am not surprise, QSI is no good for that...
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

  63. #63

    Default

    The table looks awesome sauce guys Lookin forward to playing it! Next week maybe? lol

  64. #64
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    Why only spanish, english and italian clubs ?
    Even if i would prefer to select a french team (but they aren't competitive, except PSG this season ans Monaco next season), Bayern Munich has always been a great club, FC Porto, Ajax Amsterdam and Olympique de Marseille have fans all over the world and Glasgow Rangers has, with Celtic, a great history in football.
    I bet everyone at Zen were bracing themselves for the "Why isn't my team in the game?!" cries

    Well I'm happy, COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!

  65. #65

    Default

    Here is the official announcement and trailer for the Super League Football table!

  66. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brucethejam View Post
    The table looks awesome sauce guys Lookin forward to playing it! Next week maybe? lol
    As it say in the blog no official release date. It could come mid February. At least I hope it does. This table looks very interesting indeed.

  67. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I was curious about this table prior to the announcement and trailer release today. I was excited about it just because it was a new Zen Studios pinball table.

    Now that I watched the trailer, I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

  68. #68
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    I'm super hyped for this already. Definitely gonna join Team Zen for this one since there are no german teams

  69. #69
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Would love to see a World Cup version of this Table, either way this is a fantastic theme and it looks very unique.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  70. #70
    Senior Member Casio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Those guys dancing on the sidelines have to go.

  71. #71
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Those guys dancing on the sidelines have to go.
    They do look a bit camp/annoying! Haha!! I wonder if one of the Zen team will own up to being motion-captured for those groovy dance moves? I'm sure we won't notice them when we're actually playing.

    I wonder if there will be the option to change the ball to a normal metal pinball rather than a football? Think I would prefer that.

  72. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    They do look a bit camp/annoying! Haha!! I wonder if one of the Zen team will own up to being motion-captured for those groovy dance moves? I'm sure we won't notice them when we're actually playing.
    Hahaha I'll let the guys know you all want more mo-cap dancing in the future

  73. #73

    Default

    Super League Football is coming to Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita in North America on February 18th and in Europe on February 19th!

  74. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Awesome news! I was kind of thinking the 18th.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

  75. #75
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Looks like I'll have to skip some classes next week

  76. #76
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    YES a date!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  77. #77

    Default

    WOOOoooohooo!!! Team ZEN for the cup lol

  78. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    YESSSS!!!! Looking forward to it. Team Zen FTW and maybe Juventis 'cause I like Black and White.

  79. #79
    Senior Member s-carnegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    295

    Thumbs up

    I like it, thought it would come out early march so cheers to Zen. Im still playing tons of dr strange, team zen here too.

  80. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Hey, is it possible to get a clarification on the pricing for the super league football table? I ask because I read an article on CVG (here) and the author mentioned that you're required to pay extra for each additional club/table skin. One thing I've always loved about your games is the fair price point but to charge extra for each additional club just sits wrong with me. It's like playing the starfighter assault table but if you try to choose the Empire you're told to cough up some more cash. Really hope CVG has got mixed up on this one, cus I'm really looking forward to this table.

  81. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Oh no I have the YLOD (Yellow light of death) My PS3 won't turn on and it is flashing red. Supposedly it's overheated or something. I haven't Played in a bit and was surprised to see that happen. Only to find that there is no easy fix. I've seen vids on how to fix but no guarantees. IT sucks!!!!

    Any chance it's on steam? anytime soon? Man was so looking forward to Tuesday.


    Edit - Read that it will be on steam wednesday. If by chance I don't Fix the Ps3 by Tuesday I'll probably go ahead and get it on steam.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 02-16-2014 at 07:54 AM.

  82. #82
    Senior Member s-carnegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miek View Post
    Hey, is it possible to get a clarification on the pricing for the super league football table? I ask because I read an article on CVG (here) and the author mentioned that you're required to pay extra for each additional club/table skin. One thing I've always loved about your games is the fair price point but to charge extra for each additional club just sits wrong with me. It's like playing the starfighter assault table but if you try to choose the Empire you're told to cough up some more cash. Really hope CVG has got mixed up on this one, cus I'm really looking forward to this table.
    One price, 2.99. Tuesday for North America, Wednesday for Europe. Another Zen masterpiece on its way. cheers

  83. #83
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miek View Post
    Hey, is it possible to get a clarification on the pricing for the super league football table? I ask because I read an article on CVG (here) and the author mentioned that you're required to pay extra for each additional club/table skin. One thing I've always loved about your games is the fair price point but to charge extra for each additional club just sits wrong with me. It's like playing the starfighter assault table but if you try to choose the Empire you're told to cough up some more cash. Really hope CVG has got mixed up on this one, cus I'm really looking forward to this table.
    I never go to CVG for news, because they never get their facts right. This is not the first time they have misreported the news either.

    Going by the official announcement, it's only one price for all of it. Plain and simple, the table has a few skins depending on which team you choose and for people that aren't much into European Football (aka Soccer), you can always choose Team Zen.
    Last edited by shogun00; 02-17-2014 at 12:23 AM.

  84. #84
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I really have to wonder where CVG got their source to be honest, if it's just mindless speculation then it's terrible journalism, plain and simple. That's why I came here to try and get an answer straight from the horses mouth, I don't want to believe the CVG article but at the same time it seems incredibly odd to just pluck that kind of information out of nowhere.

  85. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miek View Post
    Hey, is it possible to get a clarification on the pricing for the super league football table? I ask because I read an article on CVG (here) and the author mentioned that you're required to pay extra for each additional club/table skin. One thing I've always loved about your games is the fair price point but to charge extra for each additional club just sits wrong with me. It's like playing the starfighter assault table but if you try to choose the Empire you're told to cough up some more cash. Really hope CVG has got mixed up on this one, cus I'm really looking forward to this table.
    Sorry to say, this is correct. You get one team with the purchase. In order to get these teams involved we had to have a way to assign revenue to each of them. This was the only way we could make it work, we can't sell a game for $2.99 and split that 8 ways.

  86. #86
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Sorry to say, this is correct. You get one team with the purchase. In order to get these teams involved we had to have a way to assign revenue to each of them. This was the only way we could make it work, we can't sell a game for $2.99 and split that 8 ways.
    OK! I really don't have an issue with this, but then again I'm not really into sports. I'll just buy the table and stick to the Team Zen theme or whatever theme it comes with.

    However, I find this form of PR to be a little aggravating. Why didn't you mentioned this in your original blog post? Or made a new blog post with these pricing details? Why did we have to go to a third rate news site to get this info?
    Last edited by shogun00; 02-17-2014 at 10:24 PM.

  87. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Sorry to say, this is correct. You get one team with the purchase. In order to get these teams involved we had to have a way to assign revenue to each of them. This was the only way we could make it work, we can't sell a game for $2.99 and split that 8 ways.
    Team Zen it is.

  88. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    OK! I really don't have an issue with this, but then again I'm not much into sports. I'll just buy the table and stick to the Team Zen theme or whatever theme it comes with.

    However, I find this form of PR to be a little aggravating. Why didn't you mentioned this in your original blog post? Or made a new blog post with these pricing details? Why did we have to go to a third rate news site to get this info?
    My bad on this one - I didn't know the pricing structure until that last press release (with release dates) was sent out. Sorry for any confusion!
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 02-17-2014 at 10:26 PM.

  89. #89
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Thanks for sorting that mix up out. I'll still be downloading the table as I love both football and pinball, but I'm slightly disappointed about having to restrict myself to just one of the teams . Can you confirm two things for me though, 1. does each individual club have a trial table? It'd be nice to be able to see the tables in action before committing to one club. And 2. do the tables work as buying a separate table for each team? Or is it just one table for the set price and each additional team works as DLC for that table?

    Thanks.

  90. #90
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miek View Post
    Thanks for sorting that mix up out. I'll still be downloading the table as I love both football and pinball, but I'm slightly disappointed about having to restrict myself to just one of the teams . Can you confirm two things for me though, 1. does each individual club have a trial table? It'd be nice to be able to see the tables in action before committing to one club. And 2. do the tables work as buying a separate table for each team? Or is it just one table for the set price and each additional team works as DLC for that table?

    Thanks.
    I would also like to know, to help me make my decision as to which team(s) I acquire, if each team has its own unique animations, sounds and music and variation in modes/missions rather than just a different paint job.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  91. #91
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I would also like to know, to help me make my decision as to which team(s) I acquire, if each team has its own unique animations, sounds and music and variation in modes/missions rather than just a different paint job.
    In order to allow shared leaderboards between the teams, the core gameplay had to remain the same for each team; so there is no difference in these respects.
    Most of the music is the same, though we were able to use some club anthems during the table intro. The rest of the audio (Voiceovers and SFX) are the same.
    Obviously, graphically they are completely different, including different mascots for each team - though not all clubs have a mascot or it wasn't possible to use, so they use a generic mascot with the team's colours.
    Dotmatrix animations are all the same, apart from the player images for each team.

    Each table does have it's own demo, and works as its own separate DLC, so you can try out each team if you want HTH

  92. #92
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    In order to allow shared leaderboards between the teams, the core gameplay had to remain the same for each team; so there is no difference in these respects.
    Most of the music is the same, though we were able to use some club anthems during the table intro. The rest of the audio (Voiceovers and SFX) are the same.
    Obviously, graphically they are completely different, including different mascots for each team - though not all clubs have a mascot or it wasn't possible to use, so they use a generic mascot with the team's colours.
    Dotmatrix animations are all the same, apart from the player images for each team.

    Each table does have it's own demo, and works as its own separate DLC, so you can try out each team if you want HTH
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I'll definitely pick a different team for each of the three platforms I play on but will probably only stick to one team per platform. I don't have an affiliation to any of the teams (I'm from Africa) so are not too fussed who I choose.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  93. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Thanks Barbie. I know little of soccer but I will buy more than one team to support Zen. Don't worry about making a mistake unless you're not human! I mean Zen has given freely to us a lot of times. No need to freak out. I only freak when I see $60 games with a $50 pass to go along with it.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

  94. #94
    Senior Member Casio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Micro-transaction within micro-transaction.

  95. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default hmmm

    Best Team is missing FC Bayern München !!!! please

  96. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I purchased the Zen Pinball club table for Vita and completed a game but the PS4 version can't find any tables to import. I even downloaded the demo and it still won't find anything to import.

  97. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    In order to allow shared leaderboards between the teams, the core gameplay had to remain the same for each team; so there is no difference in these respects.
    I guess I should've checked that before I bought all of them because I thought they were different

    No interest in football at all but at least it doesn't stop me from supporting Zen

  98. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
    I purchased the Zen Pinball club table for Vita and completed a game but the PS4 version can't find any tables to import. I even downloaded the demo and it still won't find anything to import.
    It should be listed as free on the PSN store for you on PS4, so you can download it from there. If not, try going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses and that should unlock it. Let me know if that doesn’t work!

  99. #99
    Senior Member hunter328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Which team does Pele play for? He's the only soccer player I know.

  100. #100
    Senior Member Casio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Which team does Pele play for? He's the only soccer player I know.
    NY Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •