Thread: Star Wars: Starfighter Assault Discussions i.e. Questions etc.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Lightbulb Star Wars: Starfighter Assault Discussions i.e. Questions etc.

I thought we might as well have a dedicated Thread for each of the Tables of the Battle of The Force. This will allow us to compare strategies and basically help each other out. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be using this Thread as a re-con for when I write up the Guide for this Table.

So basically I will start by asking is there any particular strategy to completing the Lone Fighter Video Mode, its been driving me insane as its the last achievement I need for 100/100 over on the PFX2 (Xbox 360 ver.).

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    I thought we might as well have a dedicated Thread for each of the Tables of the Battle of The Force. This will allow us to compare strategies and basically help each other out. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be using this Thread as a re-con for when I write up the Guide for this Table.

So basically I will start by asking is there any particular strategy to completing the Lone Fighter Video Mode, its been driving me insane as its the last achievement I need for 100/100 over on the PFX2 (Xbox 360 ver.).
    I really need to know how to get the first achievement. I see that you have it, Steve. Can you enlightened me on how I can get it?
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

First achievement? which Table are you referring to mate... as on XBLA its only 1 achievement per Table.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Phase 2 of mission 5. How do you beat it? It's so confusing. Shoot lanes to repair ships between assaults? I think I'm doing that. Do we wait for the timer to go down? Either way I lose all the times. Kind of frustrating. This is the only mission phase that I haven't finished. Of course I haven't seen the 6th mission until I beat the 5th.

Just post 347m. I'm not sure how that 2.1 bill score popped up.

First achievement? which Table are you referring to mate... as on XBLA its only 1 achievement per Table.
    Woops! I meant how did you get the achievement for this table. I was thinking about the PSN version. Sorry about that.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Woops! I meant how did you get the achievement for this table. I was thinking about the PSN version. Sorry about that.
    Oh no I haven't attained this achievement as of yet, it states you need to complete a turn of the Lone Fighter Video Mode… yet for the life of me I just can't do it. Driving me insane because I can't grasp it which it odd, could be the viewpoint and the fact that if you miss a enemy ship you take damage.

So if anyone knows anything do share.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Oh no I haven't attained this achievement as of yet, it states you need to complete a turn of the Lone Fighter Video Mode… yet for the life of me I just can't do it. Driving me insane because I can't grasp it which it odd, could be the viewpoint and the fact that if you miss a enemy ship you take damage.

I believe that you need to take down the more difficult ship. It even says "he's going for the more difficult enemy". I was able to keep a steady game going and failed to destroy that ship three times. The mini game just looped around those three times. My best bet is destroying that heavily armored ship (it looks like it takes 5 or so shots) will complete that mission.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Phase 2 of mission 5. How do you beat it? It's so confusing. Shoot lanes to repair ships between assaults? I think I'm doing that. Do we wait for the timer to go down? Either way I lose all the times. Kind of frustrating. This is the only mission phase that I haven't finished. Of course I haven't seen the 6th mission until I beat the 5th.

Just post 347m. I'm not sure how that 2.1 bill score popped up.
    Just spam the flashing lane shots from what I understand, it seems the same for almost every mission on this table lol

As for the 2.1B score, it's because the end of the wizard mode is a points fest, I "experienced" it almost twice in the same game, but I need to improve my juggling skills. The end doesn't even have a timer I don't think, so it's a big scoring table, though it seems like such a low scoring table until then, kind of like Blade

You mean the 100 commemorations or whatever it's called? I did it, but I just got lucky I guess. Dicepticon said he somehow did it by grinding the first mission I think? He said he got 22 each time, but I don't know, take that with a grain of salt because I'd need a better explanation lol.

If you are having trouble completing a round try upgrading you fighter's shield, it will make completing the mode easier.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Just spam the flashing lane shots from what I understand, it seems the same for almost every mission on this table lol

As for the 2.1B score, it's because the end of the wizard mode is a points fest, I "experienced" it almost twice in the same game, but I need to improve my juggling skills. The end doesn't even have a timer I don't think, so it's a big scoring table, though it seems like such a low scoring table until then, kind of like Blade

Well just posted a 2.45 billion score. Just happened to get through Phase 2 of scene 5 3 times and still don't know exactly how I did it. Yeah the last part of the Death Star Assault is where the points are at in combination of increasing the jackpots.

I don't think I even started any of the other side mission like LONE FIGHTER where I can get the trophy.

Disappointed that there wasn't a official wizard mode but Phase 3 of the death star Assault is where you can rack up scores by keeping the multiball in play. Still a great table and as expected a marathon one at that. Can't imagine doing this again in a tourney setting.

The big scores remind me of Avengers where the Jackpots increase even finishing all the modes/missions/scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ypok View Post
    If you are having trouble completing a round try upgrading you fighter's shield, it will make completing the mode easier.
    Welcome to the forums Ypok. Starfighter Assault is a great table. A great layout and the rule sets are fairly challenging. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Welcome to the forums Ypok. Starfighter Assault is a great table. A great layout and the rule sets are fairly challenging. Great job!
    Thank you!

This one was a pain, but i just got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ypok View Post

Yup this is what i did. I first just went after a couple missions and hurry ups to earn commendations. You should be able to get 100+ pretty easy after 2 missions and a hurry up mode or two. The first mission gets you 45 after the "galaga" phase, and just complete the 2nd and that'll get you started. Constantly hit the right orbit to spell upgrade. Hit that high left ramp above the mission hole where the green target reticule lights up and upgrade your x-wing. I upgraded 3 times for 10 then 30, and 60 commendations. Each upgrade adds a sheild level.

During the mission, i just kept moving/strafing back and forth trying to keep my shots ahead of the tie fighters. If they get past you they hit you everytime. There are 3 parts/phases to get through, and when the tie fighter breaks loose ahead of you is the end/start of the phases. The second one is the hardest, because the background is just space and its difficult to see the tie's, you kinda have to go by the green laser shots coming at you, lol. The third one is kind've above a planet, so it easier to see. Make it to the end of that one and the trophy is yours!

And btw, having a blast with your table Ypok, i think its got a great blend of missions and modes, the challenge is definetly there, and love all the extra table animations. Have to say i lost some balls watchin it a few times lol.

Thank for the help guys I will get on that and hopefully complete this tonight, oh and welcome to the Forums Ypok!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Does anyone know what all the different upgrades do? I noticed that you can upgrade 2 types of ships and there are multiple categories for each like shields, cannons, regeneration (repair), etc.

And another question. How do you raise the jackpot for the final Death Star Assault phase? I think I got mine up to 2.5 million per jackpot but I didn't keep the multiball mode going as long as I wanted. I think I noticed that, after you collect the EB after hitting that ramp above the mission start hole 8 times, repeated shots to that ramp will raise a jackpot. Is that correct? Are there any other ways to raise the wizard mode jackpot value?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post

And btw, having a blast with your table Ypok, i think its got a great blend of missions and modes, the challenge is definetly there, and love all the extra table animations. Have to say i lost some balls watchin it a few times lol.
    Agree! Definitely my favorite table of the pack. Ypok I can't wait to see what other tables you have in store for us.

Upgrading your battle cruiser/Star destroyer's hull will definitely lengthen missions that focus on strengthening the hull.

Upgrade all you want when you have the commendations for it. You'll be focusing on that right orbit a lot. especially when you want to start missions or shoot the operations ramp (Ramp above mission hole). You can also shoot the operations Ramp it with an accurate shot with your right flipper.

For Fleet multiball and bonus multipliers, Focus on that upper sinkhole/invisible Ramp/diverter. Shooting that several times will lock a ball and give you mutipliers as well. Even so best be accurate as you can lose a ball with straight down the middle drains. Yes it happens even when the flippers are so close together. Nudging doesn't work like Pinball arcade.

When AWARD is lit at the operations ramp (Ramp above mission hole) Try to get it with in the time limit. Every so often the Awards light will be lit. The random rewards are worth it. It will get you experience and rank up to unlock all the special missions (Lone Fighter etc)

Also lighting letters is self explanatory. example shooting the barricade ramp to spell Barricade. Hit the operations ramp (Ramp above mission hole) to start the modes (Evade, Repair, Barricade etc.) I had Promote, Barricade, and Fleet Multi-balls running at the same time in conjunction with the other modes. Numbers were lighting up like a Christmas tree.

Also get your multipliers up when you can. I'm not sure exactly how the end ball bonuses work but my last ball I had 745m end ball bonus. I've seen one at 345m. I think it works on how much supply, commendations, and experience you get from the different modes.

Shooting that right sinkhole 6 times will give a random award too. From commendations, experience, Mutipliers, Kickbacks, Ball saver, Extra ball lit etc. It's a tough shot but not as risky as some other tables that have that kind of shot.

Does anyone know what all the different upgrades do? I noticed that you can upgrade 2 types of ships and there are multiple categories for each like shields, cannons, regeneration (repair), etc.

And another question. How do you raise the jackpot for the final Death Star Assault phase? I think I got mine up to 2.5 million per jackpot but I didn't keep the multiball mode going as long as I wanted. I think I noticed that, after you collect the EB after hitting that ramp above the mission start hole 8 times, repeated shots to that ramp will raise a jackpot. Is that correct? Are there any other ways to raise the wizard mode jackpot value?
    Yes shooting the Operations Ramp after getting the extra ball will raise Jackpots. Same with getting the ball into the bumpers. I also think shooting that center sinkhole in the back does the same thing.

My 3rd Death Star Assault I had Jackpots at 4.5m sometimes 5m. It all depends on the strength of you fleet too. But not sure how that works. There's a meter on the bottom of the play-field Red and Blue.

Upgrading the ships lengthens the missions in some ways and I think they make the missions a bit easier. There was the mode where you are using the turret to shoot the fighters coming in. I noticed my hull went from 20 to 30 at some point. It made the mode much easier. Not saying that it wasn't easy I just recall that the hull definitely increased. I assume it's the same for all the missions.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 10-18-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Even so best be accurate as you can lose a ball with straight down the middle drains. Yes it happens even when the flippers are so close together. Nudging doesn't work like Pinball arcade.
    This is the only thing that gets me every time on this table, it's making me mad lol. It's always a SDTM drain.

Ive heard using playing as the 'Rebels' makes the Lone Fighter mode easier something about you can see the Empire ships better. Hopefully il get the achievement when I play it later tonight, haven't had a chance yet.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Just had 110 million but in hot seat mode with two friends. I had...3 extra balls. Ball 1: 70 million, extra ball. And with the extra ball I got two more extra balls and my friends decided to leave as they were bored.

I collected two extra balls at once...is this a bug? I thought you could only get 1 ball at a time.
    Last edited by LeanderL; 10-18-2013 at 11:20 PM.

I haven't figured out the strength of the fleet works either. I am pretty sure winning main modes and some hurry-up modes can change it. I think I had EVADE running with a bunch of multiballs and other hurry-ups so I couldn't tell which ramp to hit. I kept hitting wrong ramps and eventually drew down my fleet strength to all blue (I was playing EMPIRE). But I think winning some main modes got it back up pretty quickly. I read a little about it in the in-game guide but have no idea how it affects scoring or missions.

Finally a legit single player score with 105 million (two games after my 110m hot seat score)...but...why does the narrator/voice always say an additional mission is available? I completed a hurry-up mode or something like that...the voice said I just got a new mission. Some minutes after I completed something else and the narrator said the same thing again. However, there were no new missions shown. Or can they be started from elsewhere and not the usual mission hole (above the upper left flipper)?
    Last edited by LeanderL; 10-18-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Finally a legit single player score with 105 millions (two games after my 110m hot seat score)...but...why does the narrator/voice always say an additional mission is available? I completed a hurry-up mode or something like that...the voice said I just got a new mission. Some minutes after I completed something else and the narrator said the same thing again. However, there were no new missions shown. Or can they be started from elsewhere and not the usual mission hole (above the upper left flipper)?
    I think you are referring to the promotion hurry-up. After getting a certain amount of experience points?/commendations? which I think is signified by the small flashing dots near the left flipper, you can get a promotion. Hit the left loop to spell out PROMOTE. Then shoot the flashing operations ramp to start a 2-ball multiball. When that ends you will be promoted with opens up new "side" missions like bomber run from the right sinkhole. Certain missions become available only after a certain number of promotions.

Thanks. Ok, so you don't start the new missions from the main mission hole above the upper left flipper. I thought you could start mission 6 or 7 from there (as additional missions were announced).

Default I got all trophies!!!!

Thank for the help guys I will get on that and hopefully complete this tonight, oh and welcome to the Forums Ypok!
    I got 100% trophies on zp2 and Star Wars pinball for balance of force

Lone fighter and 100 comendations do at same time.
    Pick to be empire to fly a tie fighter they shoot faster and x wings are bigger targets and easier to hit

Play fleet mission one phase 1 kill all but the 1 fighter ( kill 24) then die on purpose don't go to phase 2

Repeat for 100 commendAtions ( each kill = 1 commendation)

Now hit orbit to spell upgrade
    Upgrade shields 3 times
    1st time = 10 commendation
    2nd time = need 30
    3 rd time 60
    4 th time 100

Then with level 4 shields hit the 3 squad targets
    Then start squad mission with sink hole
    Make it to wave 4 and trophy pops

Hope that helps
    You do not need to kill the lone hard to kill fighter
    Just survive to wave 4
    Each time a fighter flies past you u lose 1 shield point
    At level 4 shields I think u start with 11-12 shields
    So 11-12 fighters can fly past u without u dying
    With no shield upgrade its only 7

Well, I'd say the first table you designed is a resounding success, Ypok so you should give yourself a pat on the back for that.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    I got 100% trophies on zp2 and Star Wars pinball for balance of force

Lone fighter and 100 comendations do at same time.
    Pick to be empire to fly a tie fighter they shoot faster and x wings are bigger targets and easier to hit

Play fleet mission one phase 1 kill all but the 1 fighter ( kill 24) then die on purpose don't go to phase 2

Repeat for 100 commendAtions ( each kill = 1 commendation)

Now hit orbit to spell upgrade
    Upgrade shields 3 times
    1st time = 10 commendation
    2nd time = need 30
    3 rd time 60
    4 th time 100

Then with level 4 shields hit the 3 squad targets
    Then start squad mission with sink hole
    Make it to wave 4 and trophy pops

Hope that helps
    You do not need to kill the lone hard to kill fighter
    Just survive to wave 4
    Each time a fighter flies past you u lose 1 shield point
    At level 4 shields I think u start with 11-12 shields
    So 11-12 fighters can fly past u without u dying
    With no shield upgrade its only 7
    Thanks for this, I managed to get this achievement and now have 100/100 achievements for PFX2 (XBLA).

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Thanks for this, I managed to get this achievement and now have 100/100 achievements for PFX2 (XBLA).
    Glad to help
    Got all 5 trophies for each table
    Any other questions just ask

Glad to help
    Got all 5 trophies for each table
    Any other questions just ask
    I have a couple, since I still need to get three more trophies (2 for SWP app and 1 more for ZP2).

How hard are the other squad missions on the Starfighter Assault table? Are they any easier than the Lone Fighter one (that one was a pain)?

Do you have any tips on the Trench Mode trophy for the Darth Vader table?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I have a couple, since I still need to get three more trophies (2 for SWP app and 1 more for ZP2).

How hard are the other squad missions on the Starfighter Assault table? Are they any easier than the Lone Fighter one (that one was a pain)?

Do you have any tips on the Trench Mode trophy for the Darth Vader table?
    I feel honored to help u out shogun
    U are usually getting them 1st and helping me out

1. Complete all squad missions is easy and title is little misleading
    U don't have to complete the just play them
    So for loan star fighter u don't need to reach wave 4 just play it
    Then use the fleet mission 1 phase 1 and shoot all but 1 fighter
    Die on purpose and continue to do so until button on bottom left lites up and blinks indicating you are ready for promotion
    Then hit orbit to spell promote and play multi ball promote ceremony when done u will be rank 2
    Light up 3 squad targets and play next mission
    Rank up again with fleet mission 1 phase 1 don't go to phase 2 you may have to do a couple of times before u rank up but just repeat process rank up promote play squad mission move on to next one easy!

2. Vader was easy
    First tie has nothing to run into just trail and shoot him
    Next tie will have "trees" or columns u can hit dodging is paramount and just hold finger on x and hitting target while you dodge
    3rd will be nothing to run into just trail him with trigger or button held down
    And it goes back and forth every other one will have columns to dodge
    I found it real easy I think u will too

I feel honored to help u out shogun
    U are usually getting them 1st and helping me out
    That's because I have a new job with long hours. I didn't have much time to play this game over the week and when I did I was pretty tired, so my reflexes sucked.

1. Complete all squad missions is easy and title is little misleading
    U don't have to complete the just play them
    So for loan star fighter u don't need to reach wave 4 just play it
    Then use the fleet mission 1 phase 1 and shoot all but 1 fighter
    Die on purpose and continue to do so until button on bottom left lites up and blinks indicating you are ready for promotion
    Then hit orbit to spell promote and play multi ball promote ceremony when done u will be rank 2
    Light up 3 squad targets and play next mission
    Rank up again with fleet mission 1 phase 1 don't go to phase 2 you may have to do a couple of times before u rank up but just repeat process rank up promote play squad mission move on to next one easy!
    That's much easier than I thought. I thought I had to complete all of the missions, which would be a real pain.

2. Vader was easy
    First tie has nothing to run into just trail and shoot him
    Next tie will have "trees" or columns u can hit dodging is paramount and just hold finger on x and hitting target while you dodge
    3rd will be nothing to run into just trail him with trigger or button held down
    And it goes back and forth every other one will have columns to dodge
    I found it real easy I think u will too
    Cool! I was actually timing my shots, but I'm not really good at these non-pinball mini-games. It's good to know that I only have to dodge the objects and not focus at aiming the Tie Fighter.

Wow, that was much easier than I though. I was able to snag all three trophies in just a couple of hours today.

I'm now back to 100% on both games. Well 97% on ZP2 according to the trophy server (online mode), but it's 100% on my console (offline mode).

Thanks Disco for the tips. That saved me a lot of time trying to figure out a strategy for myself to get those two trophies.

The Episode 6 silver (complete all 5 scenes) was pretty straight forward. I just needed that one good game and I did after a couple of restarts.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-20-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Wow, that was much easier than I though. I was able to snag all three trophies in just a couple of hours today.

Thanks Dave for the tips. That saved me a lot of time trying to figure out a strategy
    Dave?

Dave?
    Sorry! My dyslexia strikes again. Apparently, I'm confusing you to one of my other gaming buddies.

I haven't figured out the strength of the fleet works either. I am pretty sure winning main modes and some hurry-up modes can change it. I think I had EVADE running with a bunch of multiballs and other hurry-ups so I couldn't tell which ramp to hit. I kept hitting wrong ramps and eventually drew down my fleet strength to all blue (I was playing EMPIRE). But I think winning some main modes got it back up pretty quickly. I read a little about it in the in-game guide but have no idea how it affects scoring or missions.
    Right, so what is the point of EVADE? If you hit a non-flashing shot, you get a heavy penalty to your fleet meter. It doesn't seem worth it to risk the fleet (that ties directly to your points for each shot, right?) just to get some points from evading.

What's even worse is when you have other modes active (which happens easily on this table) and then you either can't tell which shots are lit for EVADE, or you are "blocked" from other shots by EVADE. For example...I'm not supposed to hit the flashing "jackpot" ramp because if I do my fleet rating will plummet? I think one time today my fleet meter sank from about 75% to about 25% in just a few shots.

Apologies if I'm wrong about any of this but it was really confusing me. Am I better off just avoiding EVADE or trapping the ball and letting it time out?

Default Scene 5 part 2

Does anyone know how to complete scene 5 part two. It is driving me mad.

Is the objective to keep as many lanes lit as possible? I am managing to keep two to three lanes lit when the timer runs out. I still have hull shields left too. To no avail as I fail the mode every time.

Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DISCOBISCUIT74 View Post
    Is the objective to keep as many lanes lit as possible? I am managing to keep two to three lanes lit when the timer runs out. I still have hull shields left too. To no avail as I fail the mode every time.
    That's what I did! I'm not sure if there is something more to it though. I might of hit a couple of targets and holes, that may have progressed the mission. Either that or I kept more than 3 lanes open. I wasn't really paying attention to everything that was going on. I just kept on following the light cues.

Guys I'm having trouble with the Lone fighter mission. How do I do it?! I'm so dang on confused here.

Also, this may be a stupid question but I have yet to question 3 Rebel. How do I do it?

I only got the TIE fighter trophy by mistake. I was having so much fun on it that it just popped up. LOL Any help on this would be grand. Thanks you all.

Oh and way to go, Disco!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Guys I'm having trouble with the Lone fighter mission. How do I do it?! I'm so dang on confused here.

Also, this may be a stupid question but I have yet to question 3 Rebel. How do I do it?

I only got the TIE fighter trophy by mistake. I was having so much fun on it that it just popped up. LOL Any help on this would be grand. Thanks you all.

Oh and way to go, Disco!
    I found the Lone Fighter trophy to be the hardest of them all, that said it's not too tough. As Disco said, keep getting 24 on fleet mission one to level up your shield ( I did this 3 time I think) then hit the 3 drop targets, then hit the hole off the end of the left flipper. As long as you survive the first 3 waves you'll get the trophy. If you need more clarification just post back and we'll help you Raf

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    I found the Lone Fighter trophy to be the hardest of them all, that said it's not too tough. As Disco said, keep getting 24 on fleet mission one to level up your shield ( I did this 3 time I think) then hit the 3 drop targets, then hit the hole off the end of the left flipper. As long as you survive the first 3 waves you'll get the trophy. If you need more clarification just post back and we'll help you Raf
    Thanks a mil, Skyway. I see you got all the trophies. Man it's almost depressing to see all my friends have these trophies and I don't. LOL I will get them all. Anyway, I finally got to the Lone Fighter mode, but I for the life of me I was confused about where to shoot. It's crazy, but I'll try it again. Thanks again for the advice.

Now if you can tell me how to question 3 Rebels.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Thanks a mil, Skyway. I see you got all the trophies. Man it's almost depressing to see all my friends have these trophies and I don't. LOL I will get them all. Anyway, I finally got to the Lone Fighter mode, but I for the life of me I was confused about where to shoot. It's crazy, but I'll try it again. Thanks again for the advice.
    Let me expand on this one.

1.) Play the first main mission (phase 1) and take out 24 of the Tie Fighters, then lose on purpose. Rinse and repeat this mission a few times to get enough Commendations.

2.) Hit the right obit and spell UPGRADE and then hit the Award Ramp.

3.) Select "Shield Generator" from the upgrades.

4.) Now rinse and repeat the above three steps until you upgraded the shield to level 10 or higher.

Note: This is going to be a long grind, since each upgrade costs more Commendations from the last. Level 10 costs over 100 IIRC.

5.) After that is all said and done. Play the Lone Starfighter mission. You still need to stay focus, since you have to defeat three long waves of enemies. but you should now have a shield strength of 12 instead of 7.

Now if you can tell me how to question 3 Rebels.
    Pretty easy trophy. Heck all of the trophies are pretty easy on the Darth Vader table. Just start up the Force Mode Hurry-Up by spelling out FORCE on the left ramp. You just need to complete the Hurry-up Mode. Hit all of the lit lanes and then a ramp will appear in front of the mission cylinder (those rotating targets). Hit that ramp three times before the timer runs out and you will question 3 Rebels.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-27-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Let me expand on this one.

1.) Play the first main mission (phase 1) and take out 24 of the Tie Fighters, then lose on purpose. Rinse and repeat this mission few times to get enough Commendations.

2.) Hit the right obit and spell UPGRADE and then hit the Award Ramp.

3.) Select "Shield Generator" from the upgrades.

4.) Now rinse and repeat the above three steps until you upgraded the shield to level 10 or higher.

Note: This is going to be a long grind, since each upgrade costs more Commendations from the last. Level 10 costs over 100 IIRC.

5.) After that is all said and done. Play the Lone Star mission. You still need to stay focus, since you have to defeat three long waves of enemies. but you should now have a shield strength of 12 instead of 7.

Pretty easy trophy. Heck all of the trophies are pretty easy on the Darth Vader table. Just start up the Force Mode Hurry-Up by spelling out FORCE on the left ramp. You just need to complete the Hurry-up Mode. Hit the all of the lit lanes and then a ramp will appear in front of the mission cylinder (those rotating targets). Hit that ramp three times before the timer runs out and you will question 3 Rebels.
    Shogun I definitely appreciate this! Thank you very much. I almost got to 3 questions for the rebel before the time ran out. I mean I was literally a split second away and I was that much slower. I'll try again.

Also I'll try my hand at that Lone Fighter mission as well....again. LOL Thanks a mil, Shogun!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Shogun I definitely appreciate this! Thank you very much. I almost got to 3 questions for the rebel before the time ran out. I mean I was literally a split second away and I was that much slower. I'll try again.

Also I'll try my hand at that Lone Fighter mission as well....again. LOL Thanks a mil, Shogun!
    I found this trophy harder than most people seem to, even with the shield upgraded. In the end I just upgraded it by spending 10, 30 then 60 credits and attempted the Lone Fighter several times to try and get the hang of it. I found playing in a dark room easier as the approaching ships are so hard to see, also make sure you fire ahead of them as this seems to work.

Also, I held full left when shooting the first ship, then full right, then full left. This meant only one hit maximum would be taken from the first attack.

Here's a video (not by me) which may help some people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7pRABFboT4

Good luck!
    Last edited by skyway73; 10-27-2013 at 06:19 PM.

I found this trophy harder than most people seem to, even with the shield upgraded.
    Same here! Heck, I found beating the 5 missions on Episode 6 easier than this. The main problem is that this mini-game is non-pinball related. I'm not really good at space shooters in general and that was the problem.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-27-2013 at 10:07 PM.

does anyone know how somebody scored 50billion on starfighter ?
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

The cheating bug has't been patched, i see... I will not tell how to do it, i don't want other people to have 99999999 billions on all tables, i can just say that you need a PSN+ account. Every player with a PSN+ account is a potential cheater
    Earn 50 billions, no trophy...
    Well, no tournament needed while this bug is here.
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    The cheating bug has't been patched, i see... I will not tell how to do it, i don't want other people to have 99999999 billions on all tables, i can just say that you need a PSN+ account. Every player with a PSN+ account is a potential cheater
    Earn 50 billions, no trophy...
    Well, no tournament needed while this bug is here.
    Did anyone notice the 270+ on Empire? Some of those scores are a bit fishy.

I found this trophy harder than most people seem to, even with the shield upgraded. In the end I just upgraded it by spending 10, 30 then 60 credits and attempted the Lone Fighter several times to try and get the hang of it. I found playing in a dark room easier as the approaching ships are so hard to see, also make sure you fire ahead of them as this seems to work.

Also, I held full left when shooting the first ship, then full right, then full left. This meant only one hit maximum would be taken from the first attack.

Here's a video (not by me) which may help some people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7pRABFboT4

Good luck!

Sky I appreciate the vid man. I now have a greater understanding on how to actually survive in that mode. I failed twice. Now I'll be taking you guys advice about the shields and upgrading it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

the 50billion guy doesn't have ps+ , i won't be bothering to play next tournament if they don't fix

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    the 50billion guy doesn't have ps+ , i won't be bothering to play next tournament if they don't fix
    If he don't have PSN+, i can't say how he did it.
    If you look at his others scores, he never go over 150M on others tables, except 276M on Clone Wars and 265M on Thor (too low scores if he was an harcore pinball gamer).
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    I'm not going to schedule a tournament on a table when there are questionable scores, don't worry.

it doesn't mather what table it is. with the cheat you can make billions on any table , we told you like six months ago to fix it

Default Fleet Commander Trophy ???

Oops!!

Silly me did all 5 main missions expecting trophy, didn't realise there was more than 1 Lone Fighter mission ^.^

Zen, a big thanks for all your hard work on all the great tables you have created for our pleasure (Shaman and Civil War tables excluded, don't like those).
    Last edited by killercake; 10-30-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Question Missions/Wizard Mode Explanations etc.

Well this is the last Guide I need to write up for Battle of The Force pack, as i've already done Darth Vader and Episode VI.

Anyone got a concrete explanation for -

- The Missions
    - The Wizard Mode
    - Squad (Squad Targets etc.) Missions

Funny enough this Table is the one i have spent the least amount of time on. Any help would be welcomed as it will allow me to get the Guide done faster.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Well this is the last Guide I need to write up for Battle of The Force pack, as i've already done Darth Vader and Episode VI.

Anyone got a concrete explanation for -

- The Missions
    - The Wizard Mode
    - Squad (Squad Targets etc.) Missions

Funny enough this Table is the one i have spent the least amount of time on. Any help would be welcomed as it will allow me to get the Guide done faster.
    Do you still need help or have you got all the info now? Let us know and I'll try an help.

Also, I have worked out how to earn one extra ball, anyone know how to earn more? Can't see it mentioned in the in-game guide.

Do you still need help or have you got all the info now? Let us know and I'll try an help.

Also, I have worked out how to earn one extra ball, anyone know how to earn more? Can't see it mentioned in the in-game guide.
    Wouldn't mind, I finished the Guide but still proofing through it so I can still add stuff before I send it off... oh another Extra Ball do tell. PM me and Il add to the Guide.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Hey guys,

I'm currently playing this table. Only got around 32M. I still have problems completing Phase 2 from Mission 1 lol. It's hard to get the ball coming down directly on the flipper so I can stop it.

Anyway... what do you guys usually do when you start this table?

I try to get left & right kickbacks activated then I go directly for the mission 1.
    www.GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews, Gaming Shows and Live Stream
    www.youtube.com/gamerpet - YouTube Channel

Yeh its always good to get both Kickbacks enabled first before playing the Table, I will have a Table Guide available real soon by the way.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

TPA just launched their Android beta for pack 22 today.
    I hadn't played 'Black Rose' before today, but did anyone else notice it's almost a shot for shot rip-off of Zen's 'Starfighter Assault'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Barbour View Post
    TPA just launched their Android beta for pack 22 today.
    I hadn't played 'Black Rose' before today, but did anyone else notice it's almost a shot for shot rip-off of Zen's 'Starfighter Assault'.
    **Tilts head back and forth**

I'm sorry, but I really don't see the resemblance. However, it's a known fact that Zen gets a lot of their influences from real tables.

Just take a look at the Marvel Civil War table. The table's start up mode (the news reporter and Stanford Multiball) is very similar to Judge Dredd's Super Game mode.

My internet connection deleted my last post, so here's a short version:

Does anyone still know exactly what to do in Mission 5 Phase 2?

Any advice for handling the ball in Mission 5 Phase 1 when it's shot through the supply (right side) ramp?
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

For those still working on this table, I figured a few things out for Mission 5 Phase 2.

The timer initially starts at 72 seconds. During one playthrough it increased to around 85 seconds; don't know if this was due to fleet strength or a Capital ship shield repair upgrade.

Hull strength starts at 20.
    The 6 letter lanes (Promotion, Evade, Barrage, Repair, Supply, Upgrade) are fully lit.

After a few seconds there is an attack. A fully lit lane turns to flashing. This from from left to right i.e. the Promotion lane flashes first, then the Evade, etc. Each attack reduces the Hull strength by 1.

Hitting the flashing lane turns it full again.

If a lane is flashing when it's attacked again, it's gone. Doesn't seem to be a way to bring it back.
    I think there is a "pause" in the attacks when a lane gone; i.e. when it's time for a gone lane to be attacked, there is no attack animation.

Still have no idea what is needed to win the mission. You will fail immediately if all the lanes are gone.

Your fleet strength seems to take a big when you fail the mission.

Edit: While I still haven't completed the mission (and I'm going to quit trying real soon), I'm beginning to think the goal is to get the Hull Strength down to zero. Otherwise, stuff like getting extra time or managing to keep all the lanes lit actually works against you, which would be really stupid.
    Last edited by OriginalEther; 05-25-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEther View Post
    Edit: While I still haven't completed the mission (and I'm going to quit trying real soon), I'm beginning to think the goal is to get the Hull Strength down to zero. Otherwise, stuff like getting extra time or managing to keep all the lanes lit actually works against you, which would be really stupid.
    You are correct, the goal is to get the enemy ship's hull down to zero. Every time a fighter arrives it decreases by one, and the fighter gets damaged. If you don't shoot the flashing lane before that fighter attacks again it gets destroyed and makes the mode more difficult. If you manage to keep the fighters alive until they make 20 attacks you win the mode. Hope that helps

Yes. Thanks for clarifying it.

It's a pretty tough mission, as you can only miss one, two shots tops, and still have a chance. I had about 7 shots at it last night, but to no avail.

Which, if any, of the ship upgrades would help with it?
    Thanks.

Upgrading the capital ship shields will give you more time to complete the mode. With more time, you can finish it with fewer fighters remaining alive.

Ok, I suspected that upgrade helped. Thanks.

Finally beat the table last night.
    Had managed to get past that mission a few times prior, but something would go wrong on the others.
    Funny, I kept thinking while trying to start the wizard mode was please don't lose the ball trying to start the mission

I also noticed how well you do on the first part of the mission [mission 5, phase 1] also impacts the time. I think I started with 90 seconds. After a few upgrades, I was up over 110 seconds.

Default hey

On starwars pinball. How the hell I repair ramps before timer runs out. I'm suck u don't want to hit. Can somebody help me

Quote Originally Posted by hess47 View Post
    On starwars pinball. How the hell I repair ramps before timer runs out. I'm suck u don't want to hit. Can somebody help me
    Which mission are you talking about? Mission 5, scene 2?

If that's it, the first thing you need to do is try to extend the timer. As ypok said, the capital ship shield upgrade helps. I think being strongly tuned towards your side of the force helps also.

Otherwise, shoot the lit lanes, and try to keep as many active as possible. Though, at the same time, don't focus on trying to keep a difficult shot active (Repair lane) forever; the ships appear too fast. It's a tough mission, and it took me a long time to get it.

Realize also when it's a lost cause. If only one lane is left, there's 30 seconds, and they still need 6 more passes, you're not going to win. Just try it again.

I think it takes about 14 seconds to cycle though all the lanes.