Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Steam Family Sharing

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default Steam Family Sharing

    Any idea if Steam Family Sharing will be enabled for this game?

  2. #2

    Default

    I think all games will just as long as you dont have to login to a 3rd party like mmorpg's or other games that require a login.
    But you cant both play at the same time.. it will give you a few min and ask if you want to buy it before kicking you off.. I'm in beta and it works good for playing on my pincab and desktop if i have them both on or if my kid wants to play one of my games on his pc..

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedWeapon View Post
    I think all games will just as long as you dont have to login to a 3rd party like mmorpg's or other games that require a login.
    But you cant both play at the same time.. it will give you a few min and ask if you want to buy it before kicking you off.. I'm in beta and it works good for playing on my pincab and desktop if i have them both on or if my kid wants to play one of my games on his pc..
    Doesn't seem to work for me. I am in the Steam Family Sharing Beta as well, and my brother can't see Pinball FX 2 in my shared library. He has the free table installed on his steam, but still can't see it in my library.

  4. #4

    Default

    I'm not sure if family sharing is something that has to be set up by the devs themselves or if Valve does it but I can check.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I'm not sure if family sharing is something that has to be set up by the devs themselves or if Valve does it but I can check.
    Wonderful!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greninja View Post
    Wonderful!
    So it looks like something that will happen with everything in your library, according to the Steam FAQ.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    So it looks like something that will happen with everything in your library, according to the Steam FAQ.
    I am in the beta right now, and Pinball FX 2 is not shared. The FAQ states that "due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing. For example, titles that require an additional third-party key, account, or subscription in order to play cannot be shared between accounts." This particular set of criteria should not exclude Pinball FX 2 from being shared, however, the game is not shared with Steam Family Sharing currently. Other Steam users on the Steam forums have stated that they believe the game is not shared because it falls under the free-to-play category.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greninja View Post
    I am in the beta right now, and Pinball FX 2 is not shared. The FAQ states that "due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing. For example, titles that require an additional third-party key, account, or subscription in order to play cannot be shared between accounts." This particular set of criteria should not exclude Pinball FX 2 from being shared, however, the game is not shared with Steam Family Sharing currently. Other Steam users on the Steam forums have stated that they believe the game is not shared because it falls under the free-to-play category.
    Interesting! Thanks for letting me know.

    Edit: It does look like we will be supporting this, although not sure when
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 11-05-2013 at 02:06 AM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Interesting! Thanks for letting me know.

    Edit: It does look like we will be supporting this, although not sure when
    Amazing. I'm going to buy the rest of the tables I've been holding out on to celebrate!

  10. #10

    Default

    I have this same issue. I have all the tables purchased on my desktop machine. I want to play them on my pincab, and family sharing seems like the best option. When I share my whole library, I don't see Pinball FX. My pincab user has Pinball FX installed, but only with the demo/free table. I can't seem to play my downloaded tables using family share.

    I really wish there was some sort of non-Steam related version of Pinball FX. For a pincab, it would be a lot nicer to NOT have to deal with Steam at all.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Roo5676's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottchiefbaker View Post
    I really wish there was some sort of non-Steam related version of Pinball FX. For a pincab, it would be a lot nicer to NOT have to deal with Steam at all.
    True, it can be a bit of a pain, but without it you probably wouldn't have online leaderboards and such - which are really well integrated in this game. Since it's mostly just me using this stuff at my house, I use the same Steam account on my pincab as my desktop. I just have to remember to log out of one before using the other or deal with the concurrent use warnings.

    Sounds like family share could be a good option for this scenario, though. Although I'm not sure I want to change the pincab to a different user now and lose all my friends/scores/achievements, etc.

    To me, it's not that I want to play PBFX2 on two different machines at once, but it'd be nice if I could play two different games at once on different machines using the same account.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •