Thread: Request: DMD offset/position % setting

Default Request: DMD offset/position % setting

The DMD presets are bad, when you choose "Top Center" it's not actually at the top of the screen, theres a huge gap of nothing between the DMD and top of screen. The same is true of "bottom left/right" theres a huge gap of nothing!

I want to be able to put the DMD screen at the BOTTOM or TOP of the screen withouth the GAP! I'm using a vertical screen, and the DMD overlaps the actual table meanwhile theres all this empty space that the DMD could be using!

This would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Here is an illustration of what I mean:

I realize the reason you do this is probably because of the absurd console policies of not being able to use any space near the edge of the screen, but additional options for PC would be fantastic...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alasta; 11-25-2013 at 02:22 AM.

I would be easier to put the DMD to a second screen

Quote Originally Posted by Longi_land View Post
    I would be easier to put the DMD to a second screen
    That would be a nice option for people with cabs. On Visual Pinball I usually place my DMD in the lower left corner for some tables more options would be real nice.
    Bonus multiplier goes nuts on drains

Yea we been trying to get this done from day one... but it seems to hard to break away from other things to do this.. Maybe one day

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Bonus View Post
    That would be a nice option for people with cabs. On Visual Pinball I usually place my DMD in the lower left corner for some tables more options would be real nice.
    How do you control where the DMD is in Visual Pinball? I just set it up on my cab.

Default DMD Control under VP

Quote Originally Posted by scottchiefbaker View Post
    How do you control where the DMD is in Visual Pinball? I just set it up on my cab.
    The DMD is controlled over VPINMAME.
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...ds&showfile=19

Quote Originally Posted by scottchiefbaker View Post
    Don't have a cab myself I just play on our PC in portrait mode and you can just move the DMD screen with a mouse before you start play after the table loads.

Other options I have thought of that would be nice is to have a transparency option with a few options that would enable you to see through the screen. The other would be a second screen option like Longi_land stated maybe on a tablet or phone, that would be really great for people that play without cabs.
    Last edited by Crazy Bonus; 02-08-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Here, here (or is it hear, hear?)

Please give us the ability to move the DMD anywhere, including another monitor.

Right now I have my DVD set to small and in the upper left. This makes it hard to see some of the missions. Ideally "medium" in the lower left would be best. But that would cover up the flippers. If we could adjust the offset that would be ideal, because you could put it ALL the way in the corner.

Anyone try this yet?

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26997&hl=

I have a PinDMD2 and don't want to lose my backglass art on monitor 2, so I'm not sure this would be much use to me, but folks with three monitor setups may dig this until an integrated solution shows up from Zen.

It's an interesting work around, although it won't solve the problems of having the DMD covering up stuff on the playfield. It also costs $25 for something that we hope to have included in PBFX2 at some point.