Thread: Zen Pinball 2 on PS4!

Default Zen Pinball 2 on PS4!

Check out the PlayStation blog for details on Zen Pinball 2 for PS4!

wow. cross buy for 3 platforms?

oh and doctor strange is releasing as well. yay! new table!

Amazing. Just amazing. I love you Zen!

2014 sounds very exciting

Full cross buy is great news and I am glad Zen was able to offer this - I'll be downloading everything on day 1.

But from Bobby's reply to a question on the PS Blog, are there really no more older tables coming to the PS4 version? I'm just surprised that the middle set of Marvel tables, Vengeance and Virtue, would not be ported but the original Marvel tables would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
    Full cross buy is great news and I am glad Zen was able to offer this - I'll be downloading everything on day 1.

But from Bobby's reply to a question on the PS Blog, are there really no more older tables coming to the PS4 version? I'm just surprised that the middle set of Marvel tables, Vengeance and Virtue, would not be ported but the original Marvel tables would be...
    Yeah we had to make a choice on which ones to bring over, we could only do 20 tables.

.. and you picked Earth Defense !?

Actually one odd question: will the leaderboards for PS4 be unified with the Vita/PS3 leaderboards? (I thought those were unified, unless I am mis-remembering...)

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Yeah we had to make a choice on which ones to bring over, we could only do 20 tables.
    Ah so no chance of the others making the jump? Mars not making the cut makes me sad

Either way im hyped for this.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 12-04-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    .. and you picked Earth Defense !?
    Earth Defense is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Earth Defense is amazing
    Agree. I've always loved it, I think some people are put off as it's quite challenging.

Great PS4 news by the way, can't wait for Dr Strange too

Maybe I'm confused. Why is it that you can only port 20 tables over? Doesn't make sense. Are they restricting content from 3rd party developers already? Does it mean that you can only allow 20 tables for the 'cross-buy'. I don't have a PS4 but do plan to get one eventually. (not at $399) But that is so so disappointing that you can't every table Zen has produced. Thor and X-men are on my top 10 list and it will not be on the PS4? Hmmm.

Anyway, Good to hear that Dr Strange is coming out in 2 weeks. Still so long. What about other tables? Yeah too eager.

Are there any new features, game modes etc.. or is this basically the same as the PS3 version?

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Are there any new features, game modes etc.. or is this basically the same as the PS3 version?
    Alipan beat me to the punch...very curious. I assume at least everything is at a higher rez?

Anyway, such good news, Zen...I'm really psyched that your honoring us customers with the free downloads of purchased tables. Can't wait....

Barbie has said that Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 will run at 1080P and 60 FPS. This will be incredible and should have improved physics as well. I'm psyched.

A bit bummed about the 20 tables and some favorites are left out (Tesla!), but there are plenty of great choices and they'll be releasing more as we go. Sony had the limit but if not, soon there would be 60 tables and that's overwhelming.

I have Zen PB and PB FX2 on 360, PS3, Wii U and soon PS4. Looking forward to playing it with the PS4 controller - great triggers.

See you on the leaderboards!

It's not clear from Barbies comment whether the 20 table limit was imposed by Sony or due to lack of resource at Zen.

To be honest some existing tables at higher res would be the bare minimum of my expectations for PS4. If this is all there is to it I find that a little underwhelming, Especially after all the good ideas that have been touted on this forum over the last few years. Will have to wait for more info I guess...

Same trophies as ps 3 or all new/ different trophies??

Ughhhh purge the world again for a third time . Yikes

But I'm glad no shaman

We didn't have to do any free tables, but we pushed for that 20 because we wanted to give players something for free in return for supporting us over the years. I feel like this is something that people should be excited about, not something I have to apologize for.

I'll be sure to post info on more features as soon as I know all the details.

I'm sure it will be much appreciated Barbie by those who already have the tables.

True to say though Zen is a business and this decision is not motivated purely by kindness.

After all others will have to pay and re-releasing 20 existing tables is an easy win compared to say creating new content from scratch. I'm sure you must have had a discussion and realised charging existing customers again would not be feasible.

We didn't have to do any free tables, but we pushed for that 20 because we wanted to give players something for free in return for supporting us over the years. I feel like this is something that people should be excited about, not something I have to apologize for.

I'll be sure to post info on more features as soon as I know all the details.
    So first, thanks Bobby and rest of Zen for just being so cool and engaging with fans. I've never heard you guys turning down podcasts, review requests, video streams, giveaways and the list goes on and on. I play quite a few games and for whatever reason your team always seems to stick out for one of the most down to earth and accessible groups out there.

So thinking about what Bobby just said I'm gonna throw some ideas out there... For Sony and Microsoft, there's no way in h3ll that they'd want to allow Zen to release free tables much less the ones that have probably earned them considerable press and downloads such as those from Marvel and Star Wars. And if Sony didn't mind (because they wanted to entice people to come on board and get more) you'd have to believe they would've wanted a small number like 3 or 5... Like maybe 1 from every pack. Obviously I don't know what deals Zen and Sony have going on but from the layman's point of view, Zen just got us 20 free imports where Sony is not making another dime off of those particular tables. On the flipside you have to believe that Sony (and perhaps Zen) know that if they only gave 5 tables to us and offered up everything with improved graphics and physics that we would buy more, making them more money. But despite that Zen said, "Nope, thx for the support guys, we're trying to look out for you!"

In the super paid DLC/add on world we live in, I would challenge everyone to come up with any games that we've heard of to allow importing of prior content to the new systems. Mind you, I'm not saying this won't happen in the future, but at this point I'm pretty sure you can't import your PSN games or your XBLA games and that goes for the actual system games themselves (and I think Wii market stuff too). Also, I haven't heard from a single gamer that they were going to get rid of 360 or PS3 for this exact reason - Nothing can be moved over so it's not like you're gonna take your console off your shelf anytime soon anyway.

So for what it's worth I just wanted to offer my thanks (and only my thanks) to Zen for getting a 20 table import deal done. I'm sure a lot of other pinball players share that sentiment and we can't wait for the other cool stuff you'll have coming out in 2014!

Hey Barbie,

Is it a direct port or will it have any new features or game modes?

Holy Cow! You guys just used the R.Y.N.O. (Rip You a New One) on Farsight with that announcement.

Wow.

Barbie and all of Zen, you are great!
    Many thanks!

Well I would be excited if I had a PS4 which I don't and I can't see me paying $400 for a system right now. For me though it's more monetary and what I can afford.

Even with a discount, I will be paying additional $$$ for tables I already have. It's troublesome when my entertainment center is already Cluttered with 2 systems (Wii for my son) I will have to dust off the Ps3, find a power outlet, reconnect the HDMI cables, every time I want to play the tables that are excluded. It's troublesome. After all we would probably spending more time on the new system anyway than revery back to a system we've had before.

If Ever I would get a PS4, I would definitely get ZP2 and play the tables listed but it would be nice to have the others available too.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 12-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Hey Barbie,

Is it a direct port or will it have any new features or game modes?
    I haven't had a chance to get my hands on it yet but I know it'll be 1080p @ 60fps. I have a big FAQ that I'm writing so once I have all the features detailed and the import process outlined, I'll post it. If your questions don't get answered right away, it's probably because I'm adding it to the FAQ, so sit tight

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Well I would be excited if I had a PS4 which I don't and I can't see me paying $400 for a system right now. For me though it's more monetary and what I can afford.

Even with a discount, I will be paying additional $$$ for tables I already have. It's troublesome when my entertainment center is already Cluttered with 2 systems (Wii for my son) I will have to dust off the Ps3, find a power outlet, reconnect the HDMI cables, every time I want to play the tables that are excluded. It's troublesome.
    We're still supporting ZP2 on PS3, so even if you don't buy a PS4 right away, you aren't missing out on tables.

Call me cynical but the 20 free (we payed for them before) tables is a sweetener for us to continue supporting future tables on the new platform. It's not as if we haven't played them before is it. Think of it as grazing lambs moving onto different fields.
    Last edited by Casio; 12-05-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Congratulations Zen and to all of the PS4 crowd. It's nice to see that you were able to get content onto a new console so quickly and didn't have to wait until March to get a release date like you did for the Wii U.

I had a feeling Balance of the Force would be playable on the PS4 before the Wii U. Few developers want to support the Wii U and those (like Zen) that do seem to have the worse time dealing with Nintendo. You can make the small team, limited resources argument, but the bottom line is that small team and those limited resources can get it done on other platforms.

I'm happy for you guys, but sad that I got a Wii U. That was just a bad move on my part.

Bayonetta 2, Mario. WiiU purchase justified.

Just thought I'd mention that the leaderboards will be new for the PS4 version.

"+ Bobby Loertscher on December 4th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:
    It’ll be all new leaderboards- totally clean slate."

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Bayonetta 2, Mario. WiiU purchase justified.
    Not to mention Smash, Fire Emblem vs Shin, Mario Kart 8, DK, etc. Yeah...the Wii U is a justified purchase! I'm a proud owner.

Anyway, aren't you all SO excited?!

I am and I'm happy that I can get a few trophies first from the usual crowd that does get them first due to them not purchasing a new console yet. Oh that was mean..I'm sorry. I'm just a bit excited to see this in 1080p and running at 60fps. That's going to be crazy!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

People have expectations that complex AAA games will run at 1080p and 60fps on PS4.
    So I sort of took it as a given that a pinball game would be able to manage this - I dont see that as exciting news just the minimum you would expect.

Zen have dropped quite a few hints over the last year of all the work they have been doing on PS4 / Xbone.
    As such Im quite surprised that so far it seems to be just a reskin of some old tables. No new tables? No new features? Really?

Maybe there is more news to come? I hope so.

Im genuinely finding this announcement a bit strange - they dont seem to know themselves exactly what the product is. Is it a straight port or is there more to it?

#baffled

We're still supporting ZP2 on PS3, so even if you don't buy a PS4 right away, you aren't missing out on tables.
    Oh I would think so. It's just the thought reconnecting the PS3 over and over again to play those great tables that are missing when I eventually get the PS4. Again Thanks for what you do and can't wait to play Dr Strange.

People have expectations that complex AAA games will run at 1080p and 60fps on PS4.
    So I sort of took it as a given that a pinball game would be able to manage this - I dont see that as exciting news just the minimum you would expect.

Zen have dropped quite a few hints over the last year of all the work they have been doing on PS4 / Xbone.
    As such Im quite surprised that so far it seems to be just a reskin of some old tables. No new tables? No new features? Really?

Maybe there is more news to come? I hope so.

Im genuinely finding this announcement a bit strange - they dont seem to know themselves exactly what the product is. Is it a straight port or is there more to it?

#baffled
    There is a new table and it looks sick, Dr. Strange. Why not wait until you play ZP2 at 60 fps 1080P before complaining about it...and that cannot be the minimum you expect when that's maxed out.

Default Take a look at Facebook

There was an interesting post over on facebook from one of the Zen Studios programmers. He was responding to a comment from someone who seemed quite dismayed that only a selection of tables were being ported over. The poster said he would be willing to pay again at a discounted rate (similar to Farsight's approach) for the said tables to get them on the PS4. The programmer responded saying basically he was interested to hear that and basically that Zen would listen to comments from the community and consider accordingly (I paraphrase).

What do you ladies and gents think to this suggestion?

It actually shouldn't be that difficult or time consuming for Zen to do if demand is there, as the PS4 is essentially a PC inside and all tables have already been ported for the PC Steam release (where you already get 1080p and 60fps.... but no stereo sound oddly). The PS4 Zen Pinball 2 main program has already been made for the 20 tables, so bringing remaining tables across should be more than feasable, as long as there is a financial compensation for doing so.

On a personal note, I find the porting of 20 tables at no extra cost is more than generous and I would be happy to pay an "upgrade" fee for any outstanding ones, in order to have the full set. I would really miss the likes of Mars and Thor otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by iCub View Post
    There was an interesting post over on facebook from one of the Zen Studios programmers. He was responding to a comment from someone who seemed quite dismayed that only a selection of tables were being ported over. The poster said he would be willing to pay again at a discounted rate (similar to Farsight's approach) for the said tables to get them on the PS4. The programmer responded saying basically he was interested to hear that and basically that Zen would listen to comments from the community and consider accordingly (I paraphrase).

What do you ladies and gents think to this suggestion?

It actually shouldn't be that difficult or time consuming for Zen to do if demand is there, as the PS4 is essentially a PC inside and all tables have already been ported for the PC Steam release (where you already get 1080p and 60fps.... but no stereo sound oddly). The PS4 Zen Pinball 2 main program has already been made for the 20 tables, so bringing remaining tables across should be more than feasable, as long as there is a financial compensation for doing so.

On a personal note, I find the porting of 20 tables at no extra cost is more than generous and I would be happy to pay an "upgrade" fee for any outstanding ones, in order to have the full set. I would really miss the likes of Mars and Thor otherwise.
    That wasn't a programmer, that was Mel (you know him as Crackervizzo around here)

We do want to hear what people have to say (otherwise they wouldn't have hired me, right?) but that being said, Sony also has to allow us to do what our community has asked of us. For now, it will just be the 20 tables we've listed, but if there is a lot of interest in playing the older stuff, then hopefully we'd be able to revisit the idea of bringing more over. Let us know your thoughts!
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 12-05-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Im actually inclined to let all the old tables go.

They have been great and Ive had a lot of fun out of them but Ive spent dozens of hours on them and had my moneys worth ten times over. I dont really feel the need to play them again on PS4 or Xbone - Im more interested in new stuff now.

We do want to hear what people have to say (otherwise they wouldn't have hired me, right?) but that being said, Sony also has to allow us to do what our community has asked of us. For now, it will just be the 20 tables we've listed, but if there is a lot of interest in playing the older stuff, then hopefully we'd be able to revisit the idea of bringing more over. Let us know your thoughts!
    I have no problems re-buying those said tables on the PS4.

I'd totally re-buy all tables. It's pretty awesome that we're getting 20 for free since I already assumed that I'd have to purchase everything on the new platform. I like having all of my content in one place and honestly, wish that the standalone games were just absorbed into Zen Pinball 2 as just different sections as opposed to separate titles altogether. I like what Marvel and Star Wars Pinball do within their own titles, art-wise and gameplay-wise, but I don't see why they can't be tabs in the full ZP2. That, to me, would make it completely worthwhile to purchase every single table over again. I actually don't like going to separate titles with separate leaderboards just for the new stuff. Plus, I have to download the same tables several times which eats up precious space on both Vita and PS4 (I'm close to halfway on mine and I only have 4 games installed that take up at least 30gigs).

Don't get me wrong, I love Zen Pinball in all forms and my friends can attest to that since I still talk about it constantly. I'm just hoping for a more unified platform without losing all the cool stuff thrown into the standalone versions.

Well in context the older tables would mean the original Zen pack which I can agree I could do without. The only table I would miss in that pack would be TESLA.

I would eventually like to play Fantastic Four, Captain America Civil War. Can't believe X-men, Thor and Moon Knight got left out. MARS, Excalibur (May not be the most popular but it is challenging IMO) All those are tables I would consider one of their best productions. Not to include them on the PS4 would be disappointing.

Nonetheless, I'm not sure I would pay for them again even with a discount. I've considered doing it on STEAM where I bought the PBFX2 core pack and Splosion Man to play against those on my friends list just to reign Pinball Supreme plus I don't think they will ever come out on the PS3/PS4. I passed up Buying the rest of the tables because I already have those tables on my PS3. I just can't fathom spending more money on the same tables just to play them on another system.

Just to reiterate I'm extremely disappointed with Microsoft and Sony not be willing to make a machine that can play old games you've already purchased on the other Systems. It's way too cumbersome to keep reconnecting the older system just to play the games you adore (example ZP2) especially when your entertainment center is already cluttered.

Too much Bull $%^& about the technology can't do it or whatever the reason they mentioned. It's all about getting more money from the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonic-Ice View Post
    I like having all of my content in one place and honestly, wish that the standalone games were just absorbed into Zen Pinball 2 as just different sections as opposed to separate titles altogether. I like what Marvel and Star Wars Pinball do within their own titles, art-wise and gameplay-wise, but I don't see why they can't be tabs in the full ZP2.
    This would be freakin sweeeeeet. Love the idea.

Too much Bull $%^& about the technology can't do it or whatever the reason they mentioned. It's all about getting more money from the players.
    The unfortunate truth is that it is the history of game consoles that's responsible. They've never used a standard architecture, with every console using whatever is the most affordable type of CPU and GPU available at the time for a mass market box. The only way for the Xbox One or PS4 to provide backwards compatibility would be to essentially bolt a PS3 or 360 to the new console, driving the price up. (And out of the range most people are going to pay.)

Switching to X86 - the same thing that's in your PC and/or modern Mac - has finally sorted that problem. If you want to call bull, wait and see if platform compatibility is maintained moving forward now that the technology is in place to make it feasible.

That wasn't a programmer, that was Mel (you know him as Crackervizzo around here)

Oops... apologies for the misinformation

On the point of paying again.... up to now, I have bought nearly all tables on PS3, Android & PC (twice, as I also gifted them). I must admit that for the PC I waited for a sale for all but 4 of the tables. I still consider them excellent value for money when I think of the time spent playing in relation to many other games that I have paid many £££/$$$ for, only for them to sit on a shelf collecting dust.

While I wouldn't want to pay full price again on PS4, I realise porting takes some time and cost and therefore would have no problem paying for that. For me, next gen pinball is different to most other games, because it's not the sort of game that you complete and then forget about. I find it to be more like my old Monopoly set that I have had since I was wee bairn; it's still used today.

Just my two penneth. At any rate, it's good to know that any future PS3 purchase is also another table added to the next gen when I finally jump in.

P.S. no next gen Moon Knight and Capt. America makes me sad

Default Ps4

It will be interesting to see the amount of tables that will be carried over for the XBOX One. Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate that 20 tables will be available for free on my PS 4 since I have all the tables purchased on my PS 3 and Vita, and I would gladly pay for any of the older tables that did not make the cut. However, I would be lying if I didn't say that I would be disappointed if all the PBFX2 tables were available to the XBOX One in some form or another (free or available for purchase).

I know it's pure speculation at this point, but it's hard not to be skeptical when the Zen Pinball Originals have been available for all platforms for a while and Microsoft still has the PBFX 2 core pack under licensing lock and key. It makes me question whether the 20 table PS 4 limit has anything to do with the ID@XBOX Launch Parity Policy.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/05/idxb...t-by-vlambeer/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/...ox-one-release

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/12/...omment-page-2/

P.S. - I do like the suggestion above of having the separate sections of Star Wars Pinball, Marvel Pinball, and non-licensed tables all available under a Zen Pinball 2 hub.
    Last edited by Thefly0810; 12-15-2013 at 06:22 PM.

I have very mixed fillings about it now. I was very happy to hear ZP2 is coming to PS4 but leaving so many tables behind its like deal breaker to me. I would love to have every single table I bought since the ZP1 under one roof like on PS3. Will it be clarified if the rest of the tables (all) are coming to PS4 in the near future? I don’t think it will be a problem If we have to pay for them again.

Talking

Plus, if Zen releases the remaining 15 tables in the future at a cost using the current generation pricing it wouldn't be bad at all, considering prior PS3/Vita owners get the other 20 free. Adding it up, it would be about $41. $10 for the Zen Pinball Originals (Tesla, Shaman, El Dorado, V12); $10 for the Marvel Vengeance and Virtue Pack (Thor, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, X-Men); and then $2.99 for the remaining seven standalone tables (Excalibur, Mars, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Street Fighter 2, Marvel:Fantastic Four, Marvel:Captain America, Marvel:Civil War). I'd slap down $41 in a heartbeat in order to have all the tables available to me on the PS 4.

Can't wait for the PS4 tables ! Will you be using features like the trackpad or the integrated speaker on the new controller or the lightbar ? What's so great is that that pinball wizards will now be able to stream and post videos directly from their consoles to Youtube.

Anyways my PS4 can't wait for the release !

Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Zuch80 View Post
    I have very mixed fillings about it now. I was very happy to hear ZP2 is coming to PS4 but leaving so many tables behind its like deal breaker to me. I would love to have every single table I bought since the ZP1 under one roof like on PS3. Will it be clarified if the rest of the tables (all) are coming to PS4 in the near future? I don’t think it will be a problem If we have to pay for them again.
    As for now, just the tables listed are coming, but of course we're listening to feedback on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thefly0810 View Post
    Plus, if Zen releases the remaining 15 tables in the future at a cost using the current generation pricing it wouldn't be bad at all, considering prior PS3/Vita owners get the other 20 free. Adding it up, it would be about $41. $10 for the Zen Pinball Originals (Tesla, Shaman, El Dorado, V12); $10 for the Marvel Vengeance and Virtue Pack (Thor, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, X-Men); and then $2.99 for the remaining seven standalone tables (Excalibur, Mars, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Street Fighter 2, Marvel:Fantastic Four, Marvel:Captain America, Marvel:Civil War). I'd slap down $41 in a heartbeat in order to have all the tables available to me on the PS 4.

It's interesting though I love Zen and I gladly payed the Approximately 91+ dollars on all the tables. I was not looking forward to pay another 91+ dollars to play the same tables on another system. That's just ludicrous. When I eventually get the Ps4 It would be great to have all the tables that I enjoy all on the same console again. I do appreciate that Zen has given us the 20 tables listed. I just can't fathom paying for them twice.

You should make a poll wether or not you will buy the tables that are missing. I'm not so sure I would because I already have them on the Ps3.

Well, you can put me down as someone who would be interested in getting the rest of the Zen Pinball 2 library down the road on PS4. I'd even be willing to pay an upgrade or package fee; I've already gotten plenty of tables twice for the price of one thanks to cross buy on PS3 and Vita.

It's interesting though I love Zen and I gladly payed the Approximately 91+ dollars on all the tables. I was not looking forward to pay another 91+ dollars to play the same tables on another system. That's just ludicrous. When I eventually get the Ps4 It would be great to have all the tables that I enjoy all on the same console again. I do appreciate that Zen has given us the 20 tables listed. I just can't fathom paying for them twice.

You should make a poll wether or not you will buy the tables that are missing. I'm not so sure I would because I already have them on the Ps3.
    I understand what you're saying but I would recommend seeing how impressed you'll be playing at 1080P and 60 FPS. I have all tables on PS3 and 360 and most on Wii U as well.

If it plays and looks like I expect, I'll have no problem re-buying all tables brought over to PS4 after the initial 20. Having them all in the same place in full res is important (PS3 and 360 will only remain hooked up for so long) and I'll need all tables to drive up my superscore anyway

Will the PS4 tables be available in 3D on the PS4 Barbie ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blazergamer View Post

The blog says yes.
    Table wishlist: Tron . Halo . Gears of War . Final Fantasy . Robot/Mechs . Golf . Pool/Billiards

Quote Originally Posted by blazergamer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Phobos790 View Post
    The blog says yes.
    Yep!

Any chance Zen will grace the PS4 at 12:01 AM?

Quote Originally Posted by JCat View Post
    Any chance Zen will grace the PS4 at 12:01 AM?
    Haha I wish! They usually update the PSN store late morning/early afternoon pacific time

Question Europe release date for Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 ?

Haha I wish! They usually update the PSN store late morning/early afternoon pacific time
    Hi Barbie,

Do you please have a release date for ZP2 on the European PSN for PS4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    Hi Barbie,

Do you please have a release date for ZP2 on the European PSN for PS4 ?

Dec 18th!

YES!! This is such great news!!

So, I assume Remote Play functionality is also available on the PS4 version? I bet it'll look just as good as having the actual game on the PS VITA.

Question

I don't understand why just a selection of 20, and not the whole collection? Was this an internal decision or something on the Sony side? Will any others be eventually ported over to the PS4?

Looks like it's been delayed to next week !

Cool New ZP2 available for PS4 ! (Europe)

Dec 18th!
    Yes !!!!

I have installed it, and it's great !!

Many thanks !!

Console guys always get to whine. I have this on PC, where it is renamed, and have spent quite a bit supporting it there. The tables I did buy for PS3 are long gone on some other account. OH well but kick in those PS3 sales please!

Quote Originally Posted by Khronikos View Post
    OH well but kick in those PS3 sales please!
    I've been buying tables on the PS3 for four years now. The number of traditional sales on the PSN version of the game has been nil.

The only discounts that they have offered on the PSN was a 3 table bundle deal (Paranormal, Sorcerer's Lair and Plants vs Zombies) during Halloween last year for $5 (instead of $8) and a few PS Plus offerings.

Console guys always get to whine.
    And I think they have the right to whine to a certain extent. We get the short end of the stick a lot of times. Granted the console versions (360 and PS3) have been out the longest. We rarely ever get sales (just an occasional deal), while the Steam version has been out for only about 6 months and has had multiple flash sales. Plus, you got a free table out of the deal. It's nice to see that the PS4 version gets one as well, but even to this day the PS3/Vita/360 versions don't offer a free table. And don't get me started on the iOS and Andriod versions, where the tables cost only $2 a piece and they get to buy the tables individually. A Star Wars table pack that cost $10 for us only costs $6 for them. At least the Steam version gets a sale that can get down to that cost.

I have this on PC, where it is renamed, and have spent quite a bit supporting it there.
    FYI, Pinball FX is the original name of the game. The name was changed on the other platforms, because Microsoft published the title on the 360 and PC. The game was first released on the Xbox 360 and Zen went from there.
    Last edited by shogun00; 12-29-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I've been buying tables on the PS3 for four years now. The number of traditional sales on the PSN version of the game has been nil.

The only discounts that they have offered on the PSN was a 3 table bundle deal (Paranormal, Sorcerer's Lair and Plants vs Zombies) during Halloween last year for $5 (instead of $8) and a few PS Plus offerings.

And I think they have the right to whine to a certain extent. We get the short end of the stick a lot of times. Granted the console versions (360 and PS3) have been out the longest. We rarely ever get sales (just an occasional deal), while the Steam version has been out for only about 6 months and has had multiple flash sales. Plus, you got a free table out of the deal. It's nice to see that the PS4 version gets one as well, but even to this day the PS3/Vita/360 versions don't offer a free table. And don't get me started on the iOS and Andriod versions, where the tables cost only $2 a piece and they get to buy the tables individually. A Star Wars table pack that cost $10 for us only costs $6 for them. At least the Steam version gets a sale that can get down to that cost.

FYI, Pinball FX is the original name of the game. The name was changed on the other platforms, because Microsoft published the title on the 360 and PC. The game was first released on the Xbox 360 and Zen went from there.
    The tables on iOS may be cheaper than consoles, but they have inferior physics and control schemes. And the Steam sales have been much better than any other platform including mobile. There was a 50% off summer sale, a 66% off daily sale, a humble bundle sale in which you could get 11 tables for a buck (average of less than 10 cents per table) or 22 tables for $6 (an average of around a quarter per table), and currently a winter sale with tables/packs 50-75% off with a flash sale that saw all tables discounted at 75% off. $2.50 for the new Star Wars pack ain't bad. And this was just in the past 7-8 months. No other platform has seen sales this frequent and at such a deep discount. It's a pity that Steam users also seem to be the biggest whiners.

Keep in mind that we don't get to do sales on a certain platforms whenever we feel like it. Many first parties will have a big sale and ask us to be part of it, which is nice, but just because one platform gets a sale doesn't mean we can do sales on all of them. Steam does a lot of sales, and when we are presented with an opportunity to do a sale, we pretty much always go for it. I find it odd that the most complaints we get are from PSN players since that's the only platform that allows cross buy and imports. Go figure.

Keep in mind that we don't get to do sales on a certain platforms whenever we feel like it. Many first parties will have a big sale and ask us to be part of it, which is nice, but just because one platform gets a sale doesn't mean we can do sales on all of them. Steam does a lot of sales, and when we are presented with an opportunity to do a sale, we pretty much always go for it. I find it odd that the most complaints we get are from PSN players since that's the only platform that allows cross buy and imports. Go figure.
    Was that directed at me? I wasn't complaining. And although I was a psn player and have almost every table released for the psn up to the 1st star wars pack and every table on iOS, I have switched to Steam. I was merely pointing out to Shogun that Steam has had the best sales, not iOS. It was cheaper to fill out my steam library of FX2 tables than my iOS library of ZP tables and much cheaper than my PSN library. And I don't have a vita or PS4 so cross buy adds 0 value for me at the moment.

And is PSN the only platform that allows imports? Are you talking about between consoles are between different game iterations? Can't you import games from FX1 to FX2 on the xbox? Or are you talking about between consoles? Does that mean 360 FX 1/2 owners will not be able to import any tables?

Was that directed at me? I wasn't complaining. And although I was a psn player and have almost every table released for the psn up to the 1st star wars pack and every table on iOS, I have switched to Steam. I was merely pointing out to Shogun that Steam has had the best sales, not iOS. It was cheaper to fill out my steam library of FX2 tables than my iOS library of ZP tables and much cheaper than my PSN library. And I don't have a vita or PS4 so cross buy adds 0 value for me at the moment.

And is PSN the only platform that allows imports? Are you talking about between consoles are between different game iterations? Can't you import games from FX1 to FX2 on the xbox? Or are you talking about between consoles? Does that mean 360 FX 1/2 owners will not be able to import any tables?
    No, I was just saying in general, most of our complaints come from PSN players, maybe because they are the most social or vocal, I don't know. I was talking about between consoles (from PS3 to Vita to PS4), I honestly have no idea what the plan is for FX2 players, if the platform allows it, I'm sure we'll do imports, but I don't know at this point.

I was merely pointing out to Shogun that Steam has had the best sales, not iOS.
    Sorry, that I didn't read your previous post until now. My point about the iOS/Android versions was that their everyday price is much cheaper than other versions. At least with the Steam version, you can get a flash sale about once a month or so that can match (if not beat) it.

Personally, I don't really care about sales and I buy all my tables at full price on day one. I'm just pointing out the differences that I've seen on other versions and can see why some people are frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb
    I find it odd that the most complaints we get are from PSN players since that's the only platform that allows cross buy and imports. Go figure.
    Cross-buy is only beneficial if you own multiple PlayStation platforms. If the majority of PSN buyers only have one PlayStation device, then that deal is pretty worthless in there eyes and of course, they are going to complain.
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-11-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Sorry, that I didn't read your previous post until now. My point about the iOS/Android versions was that their everyday price is much cheaper than other version. At least with the Steam version, you can get a flash sale about once a month or so that can match (if not beat) it.
    Well that is certainly true. ZP on iOS and android has a lower base price for tables and you can buy all tables individually. I think it is $1 for Zen originals and $2 for Marvel and Star Wars tables.

No, I was just saying in general, most of our complaints come from PSN players, maybe because they are the most social or vocal, I don't know. I was talking about between consoles (from PS3 to Vita to PS4), I honestly have no idea what the plan is for FX2 players, if the platform allows it, I'm sure we'll do imports, but I don't know at this point.
    I think the reason for that is that PSN has had more options and those options have not always been clear. For example, ZP's title update to ZP2, the separate SW pinball app, vita cross-buy, and PS4. And importing issues, leaderboard issues, unlock issues, etc. have been present throughout. FX2 hasn't had a title update in years, Microsoft doesn't have a handheld device like the vita, and no news yet about FX on the new xbox. And unless you frequent these forums which I am sure is a minority of your user base, PSN users are not clear as to the unidirectional nature of the buying and importing of tables. But if you go to the Steam forums I would argue that the FX2 Steam forum has just as many if not more complaints.

What is really interesting is the lack of complaints from mac users. IAPs are buggy, it has no gamepad support, it has no global leaderboards, and there is very limited keyboard mapping. The steam version has all of these features and was released 6-8 months after the mac version.

I think the reason for that is that PSN has had more options and those options have not always been clear. For example, ZP's title update to ZP2, the separate SW pinball app, vita cross-buy, and PS4. And importing issues, leaderboard issues, unlock issues, etc. have been present throughout. FX2 hasn't had a title update in years, Microsoft doesn't have a handheld device like the vita, and no news yet about FX on the new xbox. And unless you frequent these forums which I am sure is a minority of your user base, PSN users are not clear as to the unidirectional nature of the buying and importing of tables. But if you go to the Steam forums I would argue that the FX2 Steam forum has just as many if not more complaints.

What is really interesting is the lack of complaints from mac users. IAPs are buggy, it has no gamepad support, it has no global leaderboards, and there is very limited keyboard mapping. The steam version has all of these features and was released 6-8 months after the mac version.
    I wasn't just talking about forums - I get tons of emails, tweets, facebook posts/messages, comments, etc from players of every platform. I was only commenting about complaints on price, actually, not just general complaints. But yeah - Shogun had a good point, the extra value you get with cross buy is only a value if you own multiple systems. That being said, I have had PSN players say that our stuff is priced way too low as well. Can't please 'em all

Please count me as another vote for wanting the remaining ZP2 tables on PS4. I would gladly buy them again just to have the complete set on my new platform of choice.

As it is, without all the old tables, it feels like an incomplete, lesser version of ZP2 on PS4. I dislike that I'll have to go back to the old PS3 version to feel like I've got a complete set and can't really put the old version to bed in favour of moving on to PS4 because I'd be leaving tables behind.

Quote Originally Posted by nacthenud View Post
    Please count me as another vote for wanting the remaining ZP2 tables on PS4. I would gladly buy them again just to have the complete set on my new platform of choice.

As it is, without all the old tables, it feels like an incomplete, lesser version of ZP2 on PS4. I dislike that I'll have to go back to the old PS3 version to feel like I've got a complete set and can't really put the old version to bed in favour of moving on to PS4 because I'd be leaving tables behind.
    I don't mind. Some of the older tables seem older. Look at street fighter, shaman, car racing one or Excalibur they seem real cheap compared to all the new tables with all the characters. Star Wars , marvel and plants v Zombies are among the best tables and also the newest.

I'm ok letting them go
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 01-12-2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    I don't mind. Some of the older tables seem older. Look at street fighter, shaman, car racing one or Excalibur they seem real cheap compared to all the new tables with all the characters. Star Wars , marvel and plants v Zombies are among the best tables and also the newest.

I'm ok letting them go
    i can see your point with some of those tables, but I love Excalibur and Mars and of of the Marvel tables that got left behind.

I am interested in the Vengance & Virtue pack coming back. Also Captain America and Fantastic Four as well.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Here's my two 2 penny's on the whole thing of old tables on ps4, I didn't get zen pinball 2 on my ps3 saw it in the store but didn't get around to getting it. Then got the lovely new ps4 saw it and got it bought nearly all the tables on it and loving them and would love to play the old ones (am talking to you x-men table) so that's a buy from me and who knows how many people new to this on ps4. Anyway looking forward to the great new and hopefully old tables in the future keep up the great work guys.

Default Lost

What format can I find the street fighter and ninja gaiden tables on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Boy View Post
    What format can I find the street fighter and ninja gaiden tables on ?
    PS3 and PS Vita!

Default Marvel Pinball Original Pack (Unlock) PS4 issue!!

I have just bought this today and the game detects that I have paid for it and keeps telling me to download and install it again but when I click to do it again it comes up that it is already downloaded and installed. I have uninstalled everything a lot of times now to do with the game and re-installed in every combination possible and still get the same problem.
    Hope you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by SmakDat View Post
    I have just bought this today and the game detects that I have paid for it and keeps telling me to download and install it again but when I click to do it again it comes up that it is already downloaded and installed. I have uninstalled everything a lot of times now to do with the game and re-installed in every combination possible and still get the same problem.
    Hope you can help.
    Try going downloading the demo versions as well, then go into your PS4 settings and restore licenses. Let me know if that doesn't help.