X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eMeL-Music
    • Dec 2010

Table Selection for PS4

Hey there,
    I'm a fan of ZP since release on PS3, but I absolutely don't understand why there is a limited table selection for PS4. Nowadays there should be no limitation of tables for the same game on next gen consoles. At the beginning I really thought it's just the first phase, but when I read the faq I was very disappointed to hear that the missing tables (compared to PS3) are not coming. Why the hell is that as it is? What if people sell their PS3 or the device gets broken, then we have no opportunity to play the others we used to? I'm still a big fan of this game, but that fact make we feel angy and somehow betrayed. I feel kind of punished for something the community hasn't done. Please respond as I really want to know what's the reason behind this decision!!!
    Last edited by eMeL-Music; 01-24-2014, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• shogun00
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2011

They have explained this many times already. It's because of Sony and the cross-buy (import) feature. Sony would only allow them to port 20 of the current tables for the cross-buy feature. They can bring over the other tables, but they will have to charge you again for them.

Comment

• Retrogammer1977SB
        • Jun 2011

I would pay for the missing tables over again.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

Just a heads up - we patched the PS4 version of ZP2 to fix connectivity issues, please let me know if you are still having trouble!

Comment

• eMeL-Music
            • Dec 2010

Serious Request!!!

I don't understand why sony is limitating content, it's contra productive. They should be better prepared next time they launch a new console and have more games to offer and less functions disabled/canceled.

Hey ZenStudios please make an PS4 upgrade bundle available for 10€-20€ or at least offer the other standard bundles as you did on PS3. I would buy it all time. The PS4 console doesn't offer that much atm and I like spending time with your game, but I want to enjoy the complete ZP experience/game. Please pass this information to the right person in your company, that is allowed to decide about game content. This is a serious request!!! I'm kind of desperate about the fact that the game content is cut...

So please think about it and satisfy your loyal customers.

Comment

• Thefly0810
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by eMeL-Music
              I don't understand why sony is limitating content, it's contra productive. They should be better prepared next time they launch a new console and have more games to offer and less functions disabled/canceled.

Hey ZenStudios please make an PS4 upgrade bundle available for 10€-20€ or at least offer the other standard bundles as you did on PS3. I would buy it all time. The PS4 console doesn't offer that much atm and I like spending time with your game, but I want to enjoy the complete ZP experience/game. Please pass this information to the right person in your company, that is allowed to decide about game content. This is a serious request!!! I'm kind of desperate about the fact that the game content is cut...

So please think about it and satisfy your loyal customers.
              I do understand where you are coming from I would also like the option of purchasing the rest of the tables as well. I fully appreciate getting the tables that I have so far for free due to the cross buy feature. However, it's hard to not feel like it's a partially empty experience not having all of the tables on my new system. It almost feels like if I went out and hypothetically bought the Megaman Anniversary Collection and it came with most of the Megaman games, but for some reason they left out Megaman 4, 5, and 6. Sure, I would still enjoy the rest of the Megaman games, but every time I would play it, there would be a disappointment that those 3 were missing. I may already own them on a past system, but why would I want to go and dig out my old system to replay these games when they should be available within the collection.

Maybe you should try going to twitter and asking Sony at either https://twitter.com/yosp or https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment. I asked the question of why Zen was limited to only 20 tables. I have not received a response yet, but maybe if enough people ask, somebody might get a response. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, does seem to answer fans questions quite often through Twitter, so it's worth a shot.
              P.S. - I also asked why there was a trophy cap of 96 for this new generation, when games like this and the Pinball Arcade have unique DLC that can easily hit that cap in a short amount of time. Good luck.

Comment

• knightm7
                Pinball Fan
                • May 2012

I'm not finding my free tables.

Is it possible that I was playing Hulk and Thor and the other games on Zen Pinball 1, and now can't port over my games to my 2-day old PS4? My PS3 stopped working months ago, and I don't know anyone with one. Is there anything I can do?

Dr. Strange out yet, I didn't see it among the new tables (to me) like Star Wars.

Thanks, I love my birthday present PS4!

Comment

• Thefly0810
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Thefly0810
                  I do understand where you are coming from I would also like the option of purchasing the rest of the tables as well. I fully appreciate getting the tables that I have so far for free due to the cross buy feature. However, it's hard to not feel like it's a partially empty experience not having all of the tables on my new system. It almost feels like if I went out and hypothetically bought the Megaman Anniversary Collection and it came with most of the Megaman games, but for some reason they left out Megaman 4, 5, and 6. Sure, I would still enjoy the rest of the Megaman games, but every time I would play it, there would be a disappointment that those 3 were missing. I may already own them on a past system, but why would I want to go and dig out my old system to replay these games when they should be available within the collection.

Maybe you should try going to twitter and asking Sony at either https://twitter.com/yosp or https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment. I asked the question of why Zen was limited to only 20 tables. I have not received a response yet, but maybe if enough people ask, somebody might get a response. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, does seem to answer fans questions quite often through Twitter, so it's worth a shot.
                  P.S. - I also asked why there was a trophy cap of 96 for this new generation, when games like this and the Pinball Arcade have unique DLC that can easily hit that cap in a short amount of time. Good luck.
                  This is the response I received

@Knife_8

@AskPlayStation Do you know why there was a limit of only 20 tables placed on Zen Pinball 2 for the PS4? Thank you and have a great day. - 26 Jan

Ask PlayStation
                  @AskPlayStation
                  Follow Follow

@Knife_8 Best to contact the game developer goo.gl/tWQtOF

03:43 PM - 27 Jan 14

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by knightm7
                    Is it possible that I was playing Hulk and Thor and the other games on Zen Pinball 1, and now can't port over my games to my 2-day old PS4? My PS3 stopped working months ago, and I don't know anyone with one. Is there anything I can do?
                    You can get around the PS3 import issue by doing what Shogun suggests in this thread.
                    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 01-28-2014, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• korzus
                      • Jan 2014

tables importation

Just to confirm... i bought the star wars - balance of the force table on PS4... and i discovered here on the forum that there is no possibility to import on vita/ps3...

The only way is to buy again for vita or ps3?
                      #feelingsorry

João Eduardo Barioni

Comment

• devidro
                        • Feb 2014

Remove Table

Hey all - I have ps4 and i love Zen Pinball2. But the question is....
                        Is possible remove one table from the list in the main menu?

Thanks
                        d.

Comment

• s-carnegie
                          • Aug 2011

not possible.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by devidro
                            Hey all - I have ps4 and i love Zen Pinball2. But the question is....
                            Is possible remove one table from the list in the main menu?

Thanks
                            d.
                            I think you'd have to delete the entire game, then only re-download the ones you want.

Comment

• BluntLadee
                              • Mar 2014

Shared tables

In our house we all play Zen Pinball 2. On the ps3 we had quite a few tables. Once we got the 4 we quickly uploaded the available tables but we have run in to an issue... I can only play the ones I bought my daughter cant play any we bought and my husband can only play the ones he bought. Am I doing something wrong? Or do we each need to buy the table separately? (oh I sure hope not )

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by BluntLadee
                                In our house we all play Zen Pinball 2. On the ps3 we had quite a few tables. Once we got the 4 we quickly uploaded the available tables but we have run in to an issue... I can only play the ones I bought my daughter cant play any we bought and my husband can only play the ones he bought. Am I doing something wrong? Or do we each need to buy the table separately? (oh I sure hope not )
                                You can only import them within the same account, so as long as they were all bought on the same PSN account, you should be okay. If you are using just one account and they still aren't importing, let me know which tables are causing trouble and I'll help you out.

Comment

Working...