X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 FAQ

Zen Pinball 2 releases on December 18th in Europe and December 24th in North America! I wrote up this FAQ to assist in the transition from PS3/Vita to PS4, I hope this helps! If I missed anything feel free to ask!

If I bought Zen Pinball 2 tables on PS3/Vita, can I import them to Zen Pinball 2 on PS4?

Yes! Download Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 for free, and start importing! Most content you have purchased in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3/Vita can be transferred to Zen Pinball 2 on PS4. See complete table listings at the bottom of this post.

PS4 Table Import Walkthrough
    1. Press the square button (Import Tables) on the collection screen to start the import process
    2. Please wait while the game is searching for tables available for import
    3. If there are tables available to import, the store will offer the next batch of content it has found. Press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, then press the circle button (Back) to return to the collection screen, and if there are still tables to import, the store will offer them in the next batch. Repeat this process until all content is added to the download queue.
    4. Alternatively, if you want to import just a specific table, you can go to the table’s menu, wait a few seconds while the game checks for availability and press the “Download and play!” button when it appears. As the store comes up, press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, and press the circle button (Back) to return to the game.
    5. Wait until all downloads finish (you can check their progress in the PS4 user interface under Notifications/Downloads), and there you go! You can play your imported tables straight away!

I bought some tables in the Marvel Pinball and Star Wars Pinball games on PS3, can I play those tables on PS4 too?

Yes, but you’ll need to import any tables purchased into Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 first. The PS4 import tool can only pull content from Zen Pinball 2, not from the standalone Marvel or Star Wars Pinball games.

If I buy content in Zen Pinball 2 for PS4, can I import it to my PS3/Vita?

No, the import tool can only transfer from PS3/Vita to PS4, so if you want to play any of your tables on PS3, please make sure to buy them on PS3 or Vita first, and then import to PS4.

Where are the rest of the PS3/Vita tables I purchased?

We could only choose 20 tables to bring from PS3 to PS4, and we wanted to bring a variety of tables for users to import for free as a thank you for supporting Zen Studios over the years. It was a tough choice but those tables represent some of the most loved tables in our collection. We'll of course be listening to feedback on this, so let us know how you feel about the table selection and import process.

Will Zen Studios continue to add new tables to ZP2 on PS3?

Yes! We have some amazing tables in the works, both original ideas and tables based on some huge brands!

I got some tables from PS Plus, can I play those tables on PS4?

Yes, as long as your PS Plus membership is still active, you can import them to PS4.

Will the scoreboards/trophies from PS3 carry over? Are the trophies the same as the PS3 version?

The trophies are the same as in the PS3 version; however there is no way to carry over scoreboards/trophies from the PS3 or Vita.

Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation 4 Table Library (List updated 8/27)

• Star Wars Pinball
    • Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force
    • Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within
    • Marvel Pinball
    • Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue
    • Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles
    • Plants vs. Zombies
    • Epic Quest
    • Paranormal
    • Earth Defense
    • Sorcerer's Lair (Totally free for all players!)
    • The Walking Dead
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Deadpool
    • Super League Football
    • Doctor Strange
    • Captain America
    • Fantastic Four
    • Marvel Civil War
    • Mars
    • Excalibur
    • Shaman, V12, Eldorado, Tesla
    • Street Fighter II

Zen Pinball 2 on the PS4 has a nearly identical feature set as PS3, however we have made great gains in performance:
    • Zen Pinball 2 is running silky smooth 1080p @ 60 FPS
    • The most responsive flippers that we have ever been able to produce

***If you are having login issues, please try logging out from PSN without leaving the game, then sign in. Don't restart the console, the game should be running in the background while you log in/out. Please post below if that workaround doesn't do the trick!

****If tables will not unlock properly, please try going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses and that should unlock it.

Please post any additional questions you may have below
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 08-27-2014, 10:22 PM.
  • ShoryukenToTheChin
    Writer of Guides
    • Apr 2011

I absolutely can't wait till next week, going to be interesting to see how much the new Hardware will effect things like the Ball physics etc.

I take it the Table selection menu will be exactly the same, oh has Content folders been implemented ala Star Wars Pinball Folder etc.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
      I absolutely can't wait till next week, going to be interesting to see how much the new Hardware will effect things like the Ball physics etc.

I take it the Table selection menu will be exactly the same, oh has Content folders been implemented ala Star Wars Pinball Folder etc.
      Yes, as far as I know it will be the same as the PS3 version in regards to the table library screen.

Comment

• Phobos790
        • Sep 2012

Thanks for that detailed info Barbie, i can't wait.

I know it's been discussed but just wanted to add my feeling regarding the existing tables...i think it's great and generous of Zen to carry those 20 tables over. I have every table on Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and Wii U and every table on Pinball FX2 on Xbox 360. I think I counted 46 unique tables last night between the platforms.

I would definitely re-buy all the tables that aren't included on PS4 if they were brought over no problem. I understand that the tables are almost identical but now run at 1080P and 60 FPS. It'd be nice to have one arena for all the tables to play in that glorious and smooth ultimate incarnation.

I'm not sure how much work is involved but it seems like an easy transition and would be worth it for Zen as most would buy many tables on the new platform. The most important tables missing to me are: Tesla, Fantastic Four, Moon Knight, Mars, Ninja Gaiden, Excalibur, Pasha and Agents. Maybe add them as single tables if possible (I can live without Shaman, V12 and Eldorada for ex) and not packs.

Either way, another thank you for one of the best games in my collection. Psyched that ZP2 is arriving so quickly on PS4!
        Table wishlist: Tron . Halo . Gears of War . Final Fantasy . Robot/Mechs . Golf . Pool/Billiards

Comment

• Vorlon
          • Jan 2010

Marvel’s Doctor Strange

So if we buy the new table on PS3/Vita, we can import it for free to PS4?

Comment

• beek
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
            [B]

I bought some tables in the Marvel Pinball and Star Wars Pinball games on PS3, can I play those tables on PS4 too?

Yes, but you’ll need to import any tables purchased into Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 first. The PS4 import tool can only pull content from Zen Pinball 2, not from the standalone Marvel or Star Wars Pinball games.

I absolutely love Zen Pinball games. I have bought both Marvel and Star Wars Pinball on my PS3 account. They are listed as separated games. But I don't have the Zen Pinball 2 platform. If I understand correctly, I have to download Zen Pinball 2 on ps3 (which is also free ?) then import the already bought tables in there en finally I can import these tables into my ps4 ?

Please clarify this for me

Looking forward to the hollidays where I have lots of time for Zen Pinball in 1080 P

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2012

Hey all - we've been a bit delayed on PS4 in North America. ZP2 will now release on December 24th, check out the PS Blog for all the details. The Europe release will still happen December 18th. Let me know if you have any questions!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by beek
                I absolutely love Zen Pinball games. I have bought both Marvel and Star Wars Pinball on my PS3 account. They are listed as separated games. But I don't have the Zen Pinball 2 platform. If I understand correctly, I have to download Zen Pinball 2 on ps3 (which is also free ?) then import the already bought tables in there en finally I can import these tables into my ps4 ?

Please clarify this for me

Looking forward to the hollidays where I have lots of time for Zen Pinball in 1080 P

Thanks in advance.
                Yes - the PS4 version can only pull from your table library in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, so anything you want to import to PS4, needs to be in ZP2 on PS3

Comment

• Xeonic-Ice
                  • Feb 2012

Sony must have just now realized it might not be good to have Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball 2 have a simultaneous release on PS4. Or maybe you guys just said NEWP haha.
                  Marvel Table Wishlist: Maximum Carnage, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Spider-Man 2099, Dark Reign, Daredevil, Age of Apocalypse

Other Table Wishlist: Blue Man Group, Cirque Du Solei, Tron, Portal, Warhammer 40k (or Space Hulk), Blood Bowl, Cosmic Encounter, Formula D

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Xeonic-Ice
                    Sony must have just now realized it might not be good to have Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball 2 have a simultaneous release on PS4. Or maybe you guys just said NEWP haha.
                    Haha no, it had nothing to do with anyone else's release.

Comment

• Xeonic-Ice
                      • Feb 2012

Haha no, it had nothing to do with anyone else's release.
                      Well that's good. Either way, the sorcerer supreme will make his journey to my Vita today.
                      Marvel Table Wishlist: Maximum Carnage, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Spider-Man 2099, Dark Reign, Daredevil, Age of Apocalypse

Other Table Wishlist: Blue Man Group, Cirque Du Solei, Tron, Portal, Warhammer 40k (or Space Hulk), Blood Bowl, Cosmic Encounter, Formula D

Comment

• Trollwart
                        • Oct 2012

Sorry if I missed this...
                        Does the PS4 version of ZP2 come with Dr. Strange or is it a separate purchase?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Trollwart
                          Sorry if I missed this...
                          Does the PS4 version of ZP2 come with Dr. Strange or is it a separate purchase?
                          Separate! Sorcerer's Lair will be free with ZP2 though

Comment

• Trollwart
                            • Oct 2012

Separate! Sorcerer's Lair will be free with ZP2 though
                            Then someone's gettin' strange tonight!

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                              Writer of Guides
                              • Apr 2011

PS4 - Epic Quest Import Problem!

For some mad reason I can't import Epic Quest even though I owned the Table, all the other Tables imported ok. Heck even clicking on the 'Buy Table' Option it says Content not available.

***Suggestion***

Also I noticed something which should of been added, my pad switched off (ran out of juice) but the table didn't go into Pause Menu. So I lost the Ball as a result.
                              sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Working...