Thread: Dr Strange out now! Impressions

Default Dr Strange out now! Impressions

Only had a chance at a couple of games. Right off the bat the table looks beautiful. Love the color schemes.

- ramp spam galore

For those that love ramp shots this table is for you. Obviously the combo craze is there for those and hurry ups should be easy to get used to. Once you figure out what starts what. haven't read the guide just yet.

- Missions
    Interesting how you start them. Each is color schemed 2 for each color Blue and yellow being the toughest to get to being on the right/left side.

Red - you have mission fighting Dormammu
    Blue - Finding the book
    Green - Fighting Nightmare mission
    Yellow - Baron Mission

Each interesting in their own way. My favorite (Albeit easy) is Baron's first mission. There are colors to each ramp Shoot the color in the front to go up the correct ramp. Simple yet cool.

- I hate to say it's another of those easy Zen tables. You can like mos Zen tables keep the ball in play for a very long time. I'm finding the nightmare missions the tougher of the bunch. Also Dormammu's mission where you have to hit the right sink-hole is a bit comfusing

- I was 1 mission short of Sorcerer's mode ah well I'm sure I'll get it at some point.

Overall Good table. Better than some (Darth Vader *cough) It's a great addition. I was just hoping for some more challenge
    etc.

Ive only played one game so far, needed a cat nap after cruising the mall for xmas presents. Got me a new controller so i'll be up all night with Dr Strange. Great table as usual Zen, love all the colors.

i like the table , but the trophies was too easy , silver for starting a multiball
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

I like the table as well, definetly cool how the ball travels through the portals & into the rails. Voiceover work is great, excellent colors & visuals, good charecter animations. Only got a couple games in but yeah, i nailed both trophies in my second game within the first five mins. Bring back the wizard mode trophies! As for its "easyness" idk, i think we forget how long some of us here in these forums have been playing this game. We should be good enough to keep the ball alive for long periods of time by now. And i dont mind all the ramps in the least, after all, these aren't late 70's, early 80's EM drop target tables now

Great table as usual guys, it's alot of fun, and i'm enjoying it immensely.
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 12-18-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    I like the table as well, definetly cool how the ball travels through the portals & into the rails. Voiceover work is great, excellent colors & visuals, good charecter animations. Only got a couple games in but yeah, i nailed both trophies in my second game within the first five mins. Bring back the wizard mode trophies! As for its "easyness" idk, i think we forget how long some of us here in these forums have been playing this game. We should be good enough to keep the ball alive for long periods of time by now. And i dont mind all the ramps in the least, after all, these aren't late 70's, early 80's EM drop target tables now

Great table as usual guys, it's alot of fun, and i'm enjoying it immensely.
    Oh I agree it is a great table. Better than others but that's personal opinion. It's really Growing me but I can't say if it will be my top 10 list.

Played a couple more times tonight and still 1 mission short of getting all 8 done. I love how each mission derives by it's color. Dormammu missions have this noted Red hue on the table. Same with all the other colors.

The table has a nice balance IMO. Great flow.

As far as the Ramps......it's not as 'Spammy' (Not a word I'm sure) as the Hulk Table though. That was overboard. There are several tables that Zen has made where Ramp shots are too apparent with hurry modes etc. Darth Vader, Hulk, Clone Was being a big culprit on that aspect. Not saying it's bad. I would hope for much more to do on the table than shoot ramps all the time.

Who designed the table by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Oh I agree it is a great table. Better than others but that's personal opinion. It's really Growing me but I can't say if it will be my top 10 list.

Played a couple more times tonight and still 1 mission short of getting all 8 done. I love how each mission derives by it's color. Dormammu missions have this noted Red hue on the table. Same with all the other colors.

The table has a nice balance IMO. Great flow.

As far as the Ramps......it's not as 'Spammy' (Not a word I'm sure) as the Hulk Table though. That was overboard. There are several tables that Zen has made where Ramp shots are too apparent with hurry modes etc. Darth Vader, Hulk, Clone Was being a big culprit on that aspect. Not saying it's bad. I would hope for much more to do on the table than shoot ramps all the time.

Who designed the table by the way?
    It's an Ivan Nicoara table. He typically doesn't have a simple multiball scoring frenzy for his wizard modes. But I don't now yet. I have only played one game and I think I just had one red mission to complete to get to the wizard mode. That second red mission is pretty confusing. You have hit the sinkholes on the right order. I think I have figured out which sinkhole belongs to each picture on the DMD but if I accidentally shoot the wrong sinkhole I then get confused on which hole I am supposed to shoot.

Just got to the wizard mode twice and failed it twice in the same game. It's a Nicoara wizard mode for sure. It is a multiphase wizard mode. I won't spoil it but it has a feature I really dislike in it. A feature that is also in his Clone Wars table. But it is challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    It's an Ivan Nicoara table. He typically doesn't have a simple multiball scoring frenzy for his wizard modes. But I don't now yet. I have only played one game and I think I just had one red mission to complete to get to the wizard mode. That second red mission is pretty confusing. You have hit the sinkholes on the right order. I think I have figured out which sinkhole belongs to each picture on the DMD but if I accidentally shoot the wrong sinkhole I then get confused on which hole I am supposed to shoot.
    Firstly, another great table which I'm having a lot of fun with. Ok the trophies were easy but Zen have given us a fair amount of tough ones in the past so I don't mind having a break!

All the missions are straightforward for me, except for the second red one mentioned above. Has anyone figured out which hole you're meant to hit? I can't see how the dot-matrix helps?

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    Firstly, another great table which I'm having a lot of fun with. Ok the trophies were easy but Zen have given us a fair amount of tough ones in the past so I don't mind having a break!

All the missions are straightforward for me, except for the second red one mentioned above. Has anyone figured out which hole you're meant to hit? I can't see how the dot-matrix helps?
    Yeah the 2nd red one is really confusing. It's the only one that is keeping from the wizard/Sorcerer's mode. From the looks of it, Dr strange says 'I only have to cast spells in the right sequence. I always thought it was the hole that Dormmamus picture in the DMD but it's not. I guess it's more of a guessing game. If someone can shed some light into this confusion, It would be much appreciated.

Yeah the 2nd red one is really confusing. It's the only one that is keeping from the wizard/Sorcerer's mode. From the looks of it, Dr strange says 'I only have to cast spells in the right sequence. I always thought it was the hole that Dormmamus picture in the DMD but it's not. I guess it's more of a guessing game. If someone can shed some light into this confusion, It would be much appreciated.
    AHA! I think I have got it now, just had a good few attempts at the mission to see if I could work it out. You'll have to excuse me as I'm not sure of their names (red, green and blue)

I know the fiery face in the DMD is the Red hole. The one which looks more like Frankenstein is the Green hole and the other is the Blue. I know it sounds silly but I just though Green = Frankenstein

So you just have to hit the holes in the order they are on the DMD left to right. Do this a total of three times. If you hit a wrong hole though I think the order changes so you just have to have another check to see which face is on the left of the DMD. Still a tricky mission as catching the ball isn't always easy and the red hole can be a pain to hit.

Now the Wizard mode should be a bit easier to get to...

AHA! I think I have got it now, just had a good few attempts at the mission to see if I could work it out. You'll have to excuse me as I'm not sure of their names (red, green and blue)

I know the fiery face in the DMD is the Red hole. The one which looks more like Frankenstein is the Green hole and the other is the Blue. I know it sounds silly but I just though Green = Frankenstein

So you just have to hit the holes in the order they are on the DMD left to right. Do this a total of three times. If you hit a wrong hole though I think the order changes so you just have to have another check to see which face is on the left of the DMD. Still a tricky mission as catching the ball isn't always easy and the red hole can be a pain to hit.

Now the Wizard mode should be a bit easier to get to...

Yeah wow didn't think that was so easy. I really couldn't tell in the DMD what was Dr strange.

So whatever the DMD has in order it would Dr Strange (Blue) Dormammu (red) and Nightmare (green) that's it

Thanks

LOL I know how to get the second red mission now but man the Pinball gods haven't been nice to me today. I've been draining left and right all day even on other tables. This usually doesn't happen. I'll wait another day.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 12-20-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Just got the wizard mode a 3rd time and failed yet again. ARRGGHHH. It is frustrating mode. I don't think it has particularly difficult shots but they are dangerous and can quickly lead to a drain if you miss a shot.

I was guessing on that mission and think I lucked out once. Thanks for the tips skyway, should be easier now.

ROD

That giant eye makes me feel uncomfortable.

I thought this table was easy at first, especially as the two trophies are so simple. But after many attempts I've still not made it to Wizard mode! I've lost count of the amount of times I have been one mission short. I guess if you don't actually try and complete any of the missions you could just hit the ramps over and over for a decent score. That would make the table easier as ramp combos are much safer than starting/completing the missions.

As it's simple to enable the kick-backs I always do that first by doing a few ramp combos, then I have been normally going for the yellow missions to get them out of the way as hitting those yellow targets is slightly more risky than all the others. Luckily the two yellow missions are amongst the easiest.

As a small tip, when I start the first Red mission (I should really try and learn the characters names... ) I always let the two balls drain immediately as you have a ball-saver active. The balls then launch to the top roll-overs and land in the bumpers so it gives you more chance of increasing the mulitiplier (which leads to an extra ball) and also hitting the bumpers enough leads to a ball-save. If you let the two balls drain straight away on this mission you can then repeat until the ball-save deactivates. And if you fail the mission it isn't too bad as it gives you a chance to do all that again by which time you should be pretty close to an extra ball.

I think the best things about the table are the general flow to it and the character animations are very good. I must admit none of the actual missions excite me too much. I do like that you have a chance of an extra ball on the first red mission if you complete it by hitting ten more ramps in the multiball, nice idea. Oh and as already mentioned, the way the table changes colour for the different missions is cool. I'll comment on the Wizard mode when I finally reach it...

I thought this table was easy at first, especially as the two trophies are so simple. But after many attempts I've still not made it to Wizard mode! I've lost count of the amount of times I have been one mission short. I guess if you don't actually try and complete any of the missions you could just hit the ramps over and over for a decent score. That would make the table easier as ramp combos are much safer than starting/completing the missions.

As it's simple to enable the kick-backs I always do that first by doing a few ramp combos, then I have been normally going for the yellow missions to get them out of the way as hitting those yellow targets is slightly more risky than all the others. Luckily the two yellow missions are amongst the easiest.

As a small tip, when I start the first Red mission (I should really try and learn the characters names... ) I always let the two balls drain immediately as you have a ball-saver active. The balls then launch to the top roll-overs and land in the bumpers so it gives you more chance of increasing the mulitiplier (which leads to an extra ball) and also hitting the bumpers enough leads to a ball-save. If you let the two balls drain straight away on this mission you can then repeat until the ball-save deactivates. And if you fail the mission it isn't too bad as it gives you a chance to do all that again by which time you should be pretty close to an extra ball.

I think the best things about the table are the general flow to it and the character animations are very good. I must admit none of the actual missions excite me too much. I do like that you have a chance of an extra ball on the first red mission if you complete it by hitting ten more ramps in the multiball, nice idea. Oh and as already mentioned, the way the table changes colour for the different missions is cool. I'll comment on the Wizard mode when I finally reach it...
    Great summary and on par with some strats for the table.

Like you I go for the kickbacks ASAP. Then I try and get the started on the Red mission (Dormammu is the name) and try to get the extra ball.

Yes I was surprised how long it took me to finally get to the sorcerer's (Wizard mode) When finally got to it I beat it but like surf1der mentioned, it's not you typical Wizard mode which most start with a Multi-ball.

In this Wizard mode it from what I remembered it starts with a single ball mission where you shoot the lit lanes. Then, and I actually don't remember the order these 'missions' occur, you shoot the hole for the mini table (EYE of AMAGATO) and shoot the the corresponding flashing lanes.

There is a part where you have these four ramps that pop up between the sling shots similar to the that mode in SW Clone wars. You have to shoot the lit green lanes 3 times. (Which is tougher than it looks) If you hit the other red lanes you lose one of your 3 chances. Following that is a mulitball part With small Jackpots at one point it was 1,099m per shot. I think you have to do all these different single ball missions another 2 times to actually beat the wizard mode and that nets you 100M.

I'm not sure If I explained it correctly as there hasn't been that much discussion on this table as other Zen tables in the past.

It is a great table. Nice flow. As you mentioned the table looked easier at first. Starting the missions and getting to the wizard is the toughest part of the table. Especially when you are only focusing on starting the missions. All of the target beside the green ones are tough to hit and if you're not accurate with your shots around the Red and green targets it can go straight down the middle. The Yellow and blue targets are only tough get to because you have to let the ball roll down to the tips of the flippers. In most cases the bounce harmlessly to the open part of the table and you can easily trap the ball. In other cases sometimes the ball will bounce to the other side of the table and head toward the outlanes. If you have the Kickbacks lit, you shouldn't have a problem.

Great summary and on par with some strats for the table.

Like you I go for the kickbacks ASAP. Then I try and get the started on the Red mission (Dormammu is the name) and try to get the extra ball.

Yes I was surprised how long it took me to finally get to the sorcerer's (Wizard mode) When finally got to it I beat it but like surf1der mentioned, it's not you typical Wizard mode which most start with a Multi-ball.

In this Wizard mode it from what I remembered it starts with a single ball mission where you shoot the lit lanes. Then, and I actually don't remember the order these 'missions' occur, you shoot the hole for the mini table (EYE of AMAGATO) and shoot the the corresponding flashing lanes.

There is a part where you have these four ramps that pop up between the sling shots similar to the that mode in SW Clone wars. You have to shoot the lit green lanes 3 times. (Which is tougher than it looks) If you hit the other red lanes you lose one of your 3 chances. Following that is a mulitball part With small Jackpots at one point it was 1,099m per shot. I think you have to do all these different single ball missions another 2 times to actually beat the wizard mode and that nets you 100M.

I'm not sure If I explained it correctly as there hasn't been that much discussion on this table as other Zen tables in the past.

It is a great table. Nice flow. As you mentioned the table looked easier at first. Starting the missions and getting to the wizard is the toughest part of the table. Especially when you are only focusing on starting the missions. All of the target beside the green ones are tough to hit and if you're not accurate with your shots around the Red and green targets it can go straight down the middle. The Yellow and blue targets are only tough get to because you have to let the ball roll down to the tips of the flippers. In most cases the bounce harmlessly to the open part of the table and you can easily trap the ball. In other cases sometimes the ball will bounce to the other side of the table and head toward the outlanes. If you have the Kickbacks lit, you shouldn't have a problem.
    Thanks for all that info tenorhero, of course I reached Wizard mode (or Sorcerers mode as I think this table calls it) on my first ball and first go this afternoon!

The first part is easy, hit three ramps shown and is un-timed. The second part I think is where you hit the hole and the four ramps pop up. This confused me as they all seemed to be changing colour so I couldn't work out which one I was meant to be hitting. I'll look closer next time as I'm sure it is obvious and I was just panicking! Anyway I failed this once and then you get Sorcerers Second Chance and I got to this stage again and failed due to not knowing which ramps to hit again. I'll have another bash tonight and make sure I know which one to hit, assuming I can reach it again...

I finally got to wizard mode last night and cracked a B score. Im pretty sure you need to hit green ramp. When I hit blue ramp I got a spell against, when I hit green ramp strange curses mordo. Then I think after 3 or 4 ramps strange rules and its over pretty quick. Im going at it again I love this table.

I purchased Dr Strange Table for Zen Pinball 2 from my PS3. I have accessed this game on my PS3 and PSVita. I cannot import it to the PS4 and cannot find the PS4 version on the store at all no matter how I access the store. Ive tried with all 3 consoles, on Mobile and on PC. The Dr Strange table cannot be found. It also did not appear on my download list on the PS4. Please assist.

Quote Originally Posted by reckbates View Post
    I purchased Dr Strange Table for Zen Pinball 2 from my PS3. I have accessed this game on my PS3 and PSVita. I cannot import it to the PS4 and cannot find the PS4 version on the store at all no matter how I access the store. Ive tried with all 3 consoles, on Mobile and on PC. The Dr Strange table cannot be found. It also did not appear on my download list on the PS4. Please assist.
    Zen confirmed that the table have been delayed, because the PS Store team ran into a snag when updating the store. The table should be available this Tuesday (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Zen confirmed that the table have been delayed, because the PS Store team ran into a snag when updating the store. The table should be available this Tuesday (hopefully).
    Thanks for the info really appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by reckbates View Post
    Zen is working on the issue. probably will be resolved on Tuesday when PSN updates the store.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    I finally got to wizard mode last night and cracked a B score. Im pretty sure you need to hit green ramp. When I hit blue ramp I got a spell against, when I hit green ramp strange curses mordo. Then I think after 3 or 4 ramps strange rules and its over pretty quick. Im going at it again I love this table.
    Nice! I'm aiming to get 1 billion + too, hopefully if I can beat the Wizard mode I'll be pretty close. Haven't managed to reach it again yet, your tip regarding which ramp to hit should help a lot when I do though, thanks.

On a side note, I wish the Red hole was just slightly easier to hit. I can never seem to hit it consistently, especially off the right flipper. Maybe it's just me.

*edit*

I confirm you definitely have to hit the green ramp. This part isn't too bad if you take your time, if you need to hit either of the two outer ramps of the four aim as if you are trying to hit the Blue or Yellow hole.

After This part comes a three ball multiball and you get a ball save at the beginning. The left and right orbits are lit, this is because you need to land the ball in the bumpers and hit them a certain amount of times. A progress bar is shown on the dot matrix. It takes a lot of hits though, I nearly managed it but was just short

Ah well, I'll try again.

Also I'm fairly certain that none of the Wizard mode has a time limit, I've never seen a countdown and I have really taken it slowly on the first three parts.
    Last edited by skyway73; 01-07-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Does anyone know if Dr. Strange will be coming this week to the PS4? I am really excited to try it out!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Still not beaten Wizard mode, just had my best attempt and managed to squeak into the Billionaires club so I think I'll have a break now. This is how far I got:
    1. Hit the 3 flashing lanes
    2. Hit the green ramp from the 4 that pop up 3 times
    3. MULTIBALL!! Hit the bumpers enough times, I would say at least 50 hits
    4. Lock the remaining balls into the Eye hole which appears in the middle
    5. Hit the 3 lit ramps. Again.
    6. Hit the 3 green ramps. Again.
    7. Then I lost the ball, I'm guessing it's the multiball again and lock the balls in the Eye again to win?

If I could change just one thing about this great table it would be make hitting the Eye hole which opens up easier. Very easy to go SDTM from a direct shot at it, I usually aim for the Blue targets off the end of the right flipper and the ball drops into the hole safely from above most times. The mini-game hole is the same, a real pain to hit even though it looks easy. Ah well.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Im actually in the process of writing up the Guide for this Table, so any help you guys could offer would be awesome. Mission tips/instructions, Wizard Mode etc.

I haven't managed to get to the Wizard Mode yet as of yet.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Im actually in the process of writing up the Guide for this Table, so any help you guys could offer would be awesome. Mission tips/instructions, Wizard Mode etc.

I haven't managed to get to the Wizard Mode yet as of yet.
    I've played a lot of this table in trying to beat the Wizard mode, anything specific you need to know just ask. I'll post a list of all the tips I can think of here soon.

I've played a lot of this table in trying to beat the Wizard mode, anything specific you need to know just ask. I'll post a list of all the tips I can think of here soon.
    I want whatever you got

Mission tips and run through etc. the usual stuff.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I want whatever you got

Mission tips and run through etc. the usual stuff.
    Ok here goes, sorry if I'm stating the obvious in some parts and for any repetition in this thread. Maybe it will help someone until STTC posts the complete (and I'm sure excellent as usual) guide.

• Skillshot: Pull back the stick just enough until the small red light appears, you can check exactly where to aim using the Left flipper.
    • Firstly you want to light both kick-backs which is easy on this table, 12 ramp shots is enough to light the letters of Mystic Powers on the roll-overs.
    • With this in mind, I tend to go for the Yellow mission first as it is fairly easy and as the ball is returned to the roll-overs so often by the end of it you have most of the letters lit.

Now for the missions, I tend to go for the Red next as it gives us the chance of two Extra Balls.

Red Missions
    • The first Red (Dormammu) mission is a 3 ball Multiball with a ball-saver active at the start. You need to hit the lit ramps 10 times to beat it, if you lose 2 balls the mission is over. As hitting both orbits sends the ball to the top roll-overs and bumpers it's worth going for the orbits until you max the multipliers and earn an Extra ball. When this is done finish the mission as usual, you'll then get the chance to earn another Extra ball by hitting 10 more lit ramps.
    • The second Red (Dormammu) mission is quite tricky, it's called 'Invading Manhattan'. You have a countdown timer starting at 85 seconds which makes things even harder, look at the Dot Matrix to see the order of the faces from left to right. You need to hit the corresponding holes in the order shown, hit the wrong hole and the order will be shuffled and you need to start again from the left. For reference, Dr Strange is the Blue hole, Dormammu (fiery face) is the Red hole and Nightmare is the Green hole. Once you have hit the 3 holes in the correct order then you need to do this 2 more times to complete the mission.

Blue Missions
    • For the first Blue mission (Dr Strange) you need to hit the moving symbol on the playfield a total of 6 times. You get a timer of 15 seconds and this resets each time you hit one. Take your time and catch the ball and wait for the right moment.
    • For the second Blue mission you need to 'Obtain the book of Vishanti'. This is a 3 ball multiball with a ball-save active at the start, the mission is failed if you lose 2 balls. You need to hit the 7 lit ramps and loops 1 time each, I go for the Spirit ramp first as that is off the top Left flipper and you can concentrate on that while the Ball-save is active. When all lit shots are hit the Blue, Green and Yellow holes will light up (or just 2 of those if you only have 2 balls left. You must lock the remaining balls in those holes to complete this mission.

Green Missions
    • The first Green mission (Nightmare) is called 'Prisoner in the dream dimension'. You have to hit the lit lane (Arcane, Alchemy or Intellect) and you have a 20 second timer to do that. Then hit the Green Nightmare hole and repeat for the next 2 lit ramps, the 20 second timer resets each time. Finally you have 20 seconds to hit the Blue Dr Strange hole to beat this mission.
    • The second Green mission is 'Dr Strange entering the dream dimension'. You have a timer of 2 minutes to complete this. Firstly open up the holes by hitting ramps and loops: Left orbit and Arcane ramp open the Blue hole. Alchemy ramp and Wisdom loop open the Red hole. Intellect ramp and Right loop open the Green hole. You need to look at the cloud surrounding Nightmare so see which colour hole to hit, this changes every 10 seconds. As you have plenty of time I tend to just open the Blue hole and wait until the cloud is blue and then just hit the Blue hole.

Yellow Missions
    • The first Baron Mordo (Yellow) mission is quite easy, coloured holes will show up on the playfield. You need to see where the lit top hole is and hit the corresponding coloured hole each time. You get a 20 second timer which resets upon each successful hit.
    • The second Yellow mission is 'Allies from beyond this dimension' and is a 2 ball multiball with a ball save at the start. 2 ramps appear on the playfield and you have to hit these to close the portals above enough times to close them. They both start at 50% and gradually get bigger, each time you hit them it makes them smaller by about 20%, you need to get them both down to 0% to win. Once 1 portal is closed you go down to 1 ball and 1 ramp which makes things easier. Usually 5 or 6 hits on each ramp is enough to close them.

There are several different non-mission related hurry-ups and multiballs to enjoy and of course the mini-game too but I won't bother going into them as they are fairly self explanatory.

Have fun with this fantastic table and good luck, hope this helps someone a bit until the proper guide is released

PS: Don't forget hitting the Left orbit 6 times lights the Double scoring for 30 seconds, just hit the Left orbit once more to start it. Can be very handy if you leave it until just before a multiball etc.

Nice B score skyway, I know what you mean about the center hole. Ive lost a few sdtm but now I shoot for the right orbit then hold my left flipper up and most of the time it rolls off that and into the hole. This is my top 5 fav tables now out of the 35. Maybe a tourney soon?

Thanks Skyway73.

Anybody completed the Wizard Mode yet? As that's the only bit that I need info on I think.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Thanks Skyway73.

Anybody completed the Wizard Mode yet? As that's the only bit that I need info on I think.
    I'm sure people have, I didn't mention it as I still haven't quite got to beat it.

Nice B score skyway, I know what you mean about the center hole. Ive lost a few sdtm but now I shoot for the right orbit then hold my left flipper up and most of the time it rolls off that and into the hole. This is my top 5 fav tables now out of the 35. Maybe a tourney soon?
    Thanks, the Right orbit and hold the Top left flipper is a good alternative. And I agree, definitely in my top 5 of the whole lot. ROTJ still holds the number 1 spot for me though

Thanks Skyway73.

I have practiced quite a bit on my tablet and have come quite close to starting wizard mode. Without sounding like a sore loser, I believe that playing on the tablet with the slow response time of the flippers, it is much more difficult than on the Xbox. I'll finally get a chance on my xbox in a couple of days and will give this Wizard mode a good shot and hopefully get it.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Cloda that would be very helpful, I got to the wizard mode but only failed it.

Seems the general consensus is that it requires you to do a number of tasks then repeats said tasks again.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Cloda that would be very helpful, I got to the wizard mode but only failed it.

Seems the general consensus is that it requires you to do a number of tasks then repeats said tasks again.
    I think Skyway mentioned most of it. I've managed to get to the wizard mode 1 time and surprisingly completed it in one go. I don't know the exact order of sequences it entails, but Skyway's description is the closest I recall. Complete the tasks and the end result will be 100m points.

I think Skyway mentioned most of it. I've managed to get to the wizard mode 1 time and surprisingly completed it in one go. I don't know the exact order of sequences it entails, but Skyway's description is the closest I recall. Complete the tasks and the end result will be 100m points.
    Yeh il use that explanation as it seems logical, thats if I don't manage to actually complete the Wizard Mode. When I got to it yesterday I didn't fair to well on it, ended with a score of just over half a Billion.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Thanks for the info provided so far in this thread. I have just started playing the table and I will probably only get a chance this weekend to give it a really good shot. So far I really like the challenge and I like the fact that the tables layout forces you to play defensively if you want to get anywhere. Initially I thought that getting an extra ball (apart from the extra 10 shots at the end of the first red mission) is more a case of luck rather than something you can work at but then I realised that during the first red multiball mission a diverter goes up above the bumpers steering the balls straight into them. So, my approach now at the beginning of a game is to focus on activating the first red mission as quickly as possible (other than my usual approach of first trying to activate the kickbacks before doing anything else). During the mission I then keep on shooting the balls into the orbits until I get the extra ball and then I let the second ball drop through to end the mission without completing it. If you then lose a ball, you can then repeat the first mission to get that quite easy extra ball. I have achieved three extra balls in a game employing that method before my game ended. My strategy now is to milk that mode for extra balls whilst I'm completing the other missions and only then will I play that mission to completion. Off course it is still imperative on this table to always keep your kickbacks activated and with some practice it is quite easy to hit the left and right ramps quite smoothly to bring that about.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Lightbulb How to complete the Missions on the Doctor Strange Table - Videos!

I decided to use the PS4 Share Function and put it to good use; so here are all the Missions for the Doctor Strange Table -

Doctor Strange Missions (Blue Sink Hole)

- Mission 1

- Mission 2

Dormammu Missions (Red Sink Hole)

- Mission 1

- Mission 2

Nightmare Missions (Green Sink Hole)

- Mission 1

- Mission 2

Baron Mordo Missions (Yellow Sink Hole)

- Mission 1

- Mission 2

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Good stuff! Now all we need is that pesky wizard mode

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Thanks for the info provided so far in this thread. I have just started playing the table and I will probably only get a chance this weekend to give it a really good shot. So far I really like the challenge and I like the fact that the tables layout forces you to play defensively if you want to get anywhere. Initially I thought that getting an extra ball (apart from the extra 10 shots at the end of the first red mission) is more a case of luck rather than something you can work at but then I realised that during the first red multiball mission a diverter goes up above the bumpers steering the balls straight into them. So, my approach now at the beginning of a game is to focus on activating the first red mission as quickly as possible (other than my usual approach of first trying to activate the kickbacks before doing anything else). During the mission I then keep on shooting the balls into the orbits until I get the extra ball and then I let the second ball drop through to end the mission without completing it. If you then lose a ball, you can then repeat the first mission to get that quite easy extra ball. I have achieved three extra balls in a game employing that method before my game ended. My strategy now is to milk that mode for extra balls whilst I'm completing the other missions and only then will I play that mission to completion. Off course it is still imperative on this table to always keep your kickbacks activated and with some practice it is quite easy to hit the left and right ramps quite smoothly to bring that about.
    So, this strategy is working for me and I managed to get 4 extra balls in a game employing it. I did chance is slightly to always first activate the kickbacks before doing anything else. After leaving the red missions for last I got to (and completed ) the wizard mode and just missed a billion score. I know that there are some scores building up during the game e.g. Intellect hurry-up, so, I think in my next games I'm going to focus on that to see how a score can be built up systematically.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Default eye of agamatto

Hy,

Does anyone have some more tips for the eye of agamatto mini playfield?
    I lose that ball so fast on that mini table. It's hard

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by SsmokiNnAceSz View Post
    Hy,

I lose that ball so fast on that mini table. It's hard

Greetings
    Finishing it only gives you 5 mil points. I haven't finished it twice in one game so don't know if it will give you substantially more points. It does take a long time though to get it right, so it is not worth the effort in my opinion as there are many better scoring opportunities on the table. What has worked for me though is to keep the ball moving and not to try and catch it. The shot to look out for is the one late on the flippers as it zips around and doesn't give you much time to react. I think that a couple of shots through the middle also reactivate the little pin that prevents the ball from going through straight but unfortunately I'm not sure of the details.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Quote Originally Posted by SsmokiNnAceSz View Post
    Take advantage of the nudge pass. The mini playfield allows nudging.

When the ball gets whipping around too fast I sometimes lose it dtm, so now I hold up a flipper to roll over and slow the ball onto the other side. Didnt know about the no tilt nudge pass, cheers shogun I will try that one.

Didnt know about the no tilt nudge pass, cheers shogun I will try that one.
    The tilt is still active, so the same rules apply to the nudging on the mini-playfield. I just mentioned it, since in most tables the nudge is deactivated when you go to a mini-playfield (Clone Wars, Sorcerers Lair, World War Hulk, etc...).

Default Dr. Strange PS4 impressions

So I purchased Dr. Strange on PS4 this week. I was impressed by the details like the engraved symbols on the ramps. I played it in 3d mode and it's a lot sharper than it was on PS3.

The thing I don't like on the table is the the ball often comes flying down right between the flippers on in the left drain lane !

Lightbulb Doctor Strange Guide available now!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin