Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: PS4 Problems Installing Sorcerer's Lair

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default PS4 Problems Installing Sorcerer's Lair

    I have tried a number of times (including deleting Zen Pinball 2), but Sorcerer's Lair won't activate for me. In the game it is gray and when I select "download and play" it takes me to the store where it is already installed. I have also tried importing it. Can someone tell me the procedure for doing this b/c I would like to play Sorcerer's Lair before buying additional tables. Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loofah View Post
    I have tried a number of times (including deleting Zen Pinball 2), but Sorcerer's Lair won't activate for me. In the game it is gray and when I select "download and play" it takes me to the store where it is already installed. I have also tried importing it. Can someone tell me the procedure for doing this b/c I would like to play Sorcerer's Lair before buying additional tables. Thanks!
    Try going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses and that should unlock it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Try going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses and that should unlock it.
    Awesome. That worked. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default

    This did not work for me. Isn't sorcerer's lair free on PS4 anyway? I purchased it for ps3 ages ago and have imported it there and on vita, but it never shows up in my ps4 list. I also tried a clean install of the ps4 syste with a new user that had never purchased SL and that didn't work either. It just shows up in the list of tables with a green banner marked "Free", but when you click on it and click Download and Play it says it has to be purchased on a ps3/vita first... None of the in game downloads or imports have ever worked for me on ps4 version of zp2. I've always had to do the install via related content, but SL doesn't show up in related content. I've tried restoring licenses a bunch of times and imported to ps3/vita repeatedly hoping it would trigger the ps4 unlock...

    Any suggestions?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Have you tried FX3? I have a PS4 and Sorcerer's Lair came with the FX3 download.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Yes it appears in fx3 but I’m trying to earn the trophies in zen pinball 2. Both fantastic four and sorcerers lair are not in my PS4 list, all other tables are.

    EDIT: I was able to get the fantastic four issue resolved by using another account I had on my system that also purchased that table. I can't however get Sorcerer's Lair to download at all. I even tried purchasing it again with another account on ps3 to see if it would then let me import it. Sony pointed out that purchasing Sorcerer's Lair is not listed as playable on PS4 like the other tables and I think that is because you guys gave it away for free on PS4, but it is not in my download list and when I try to click download and play it says no content available... Did this get broken with a recent update? If so, will it be fixed when you guys release a generic version of Super League Football?
    Last edited by skippycue; 01-21-2018 at 03:58 PM.

  7. #7
    Community Representative hajdu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skippycue View Post
    Yes it appears in fx3 but I’m trying to earn the trophies in zen pinball 2. Both fantastic four and sorcerers lair are not in my PS4 list, all other tables are.

    EDIT: I was able to get the fantastic four issue resolved by using another account I had on my system that also purchased that table. I can't however get Sorcerer's Lair to download at all. I even tried purchasing it again with another account on ps3 to see if it would then let me import it. Sony pointed out that purchasing Sorcerer's Lair is not listed as playable on PS4 like the other tables and I think that is because you guys gave it away for free on PS4, but it is not in my download list and when I try to click download and play it says no content available... Did this get broken with a recent update? If so, will it be fixed when you guys release a generic version of Super League Football?
    Hey,
    Can you please write a message to support@zenstudios.com, so we can help you out? Thanks for the feedback!

    Have a nice day!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hajdu View Post
    Hey,
    Can you please write a message to support@zenstudios.com, so we can help you out? Thanks for the feedback!

    Have a nice day!
    I just did that, thanks.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skippycue View Post
    I just did that, thanks.
    Skippy, did you get this issue resolved? I’m also just now getting Zen Pinball 2 installed on my PS4 and can’t get Sorcerer’s Lair downloaded. (Yes, I know FX3 is available, Zen.)

    But as a new Zen convert, I purchased all my tables via ZP2 on my Vita to give me full compatibility with my Vita, PS3 and PS4. Once they are all working via ZP2 on all 3 devices, THEN I’ll install FX3 and import whatever is eligible. (Up to 27 tables now.)

    Let me know, Zen or Skippy, how to fix this. Thanks!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRyan69 View Post
    Skippy, did you get this issue resolved? I’m also just now getting Zen Pinball 2 installed on my PS4 and can’t get Sorcerer’s Lair downloaded. (Yes, I know FX3 is available, Zen.)

    But as a new Zen convert, I purchased all my tables via ZP2 on my Vita to give me full compatibility with my Vita, PS3 and PS4. Once they are all working via ZP2 on all 3 devices, THEN I’ll install FX3 and import whatever is eligible. (Up to 27 tables now.)

    Let me know, Zen or Skippy, how to fix this. Thanks!
    I was never able to get this resolved. However, I was able to find some people who did not experience this issue willing to share their content with me so I could obtain the trophies. Basically, when I log them into my system the DLC content all shows up appropriately, so there must just be something weird with the manner in which we purchased our DLC compared to others.

    If you are able to find someone to help you out in this manner (and most people are not too trusting so I wish you luck), you'll need to have them logged in to your ps4 and then switch users to your id in order to play the content. This is obviously inconvenient to them because then they can't log in while you're playing. Alternatively, if they are ok with it, you can log in as them and then set your ps4 to be their primary ps4. If you do that, then they don't need to be logged in and you can play their content.

    Keep at it, eventually you should be able to find someone willing to help you out. it's a shame we have to resort to such methods though...

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skippycue View Post
    I was never able to get this resolved. ...there must just be something weird with the manner in which we purchased our DLC compared to others.

    Keep at it, eventually you should be able to find someone willing to help you out. it's a shame we have to resort to such methods though...
    It seems that the ZP2 “store” for PS4 no longer allows any purchases at all. It doesn’t find any items, says the content isn’t available. If you also installed ZP2 after FX3 was available, maybe that’s why you can’t get SL imported.

    ZP2 for PS4 also wouldn’t work with the table import function. I only got my tables working by going to the add-ons list before starting ZP2 and manually installing them before running ZP2. Basically, Zen no longer lets ZP2 on PS4 communicate directly with PSN to find your stuff. Perhaps to push people to FX3. But this is causing a lot of issues for a lot of people, from many threads I’ve read.

    I’ll install FX3 today and import all my tables, and then see if somehow that will “kick” my account to let SL show up in ZP2.

    I also wrote to Zen about this, so if they fix me I will let you know.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRyan69 View Post
    It seems that the ZP2 “store” for PS4 no longer allows any purchases at all. It doesn’t find any items, says the content isn’t available. If you also installed ZP2 after FX3 was available, maybe that’s why you can’t get SL imported.

    ZP2 for PS4 also wouldn’t work with the table import function. I only got my tables working by going to the add-ons list before starting ZP2 and manually installing them before running ZP2. Basically, Zen no longer lets ZP2 on PS4 communicate directly with PSN to find your stuff. Perhaps to push people to FX3. But this is causing a lot of issues for a lot of people, from many threads I’ve read.

    I’ll install FX3 today and import all my tables, and then see if somehow that will “kick” my account to let SL show up in ZP2.

    I also wrote to Zen about this, so if they fix me I will let you know.
    I also could never get the import table feature to work on ps4, had to install them as add-ons as well. I also tried importing all tables into fx3 and I was able to get them all on there, but it didn't help import anything into zp2 on ps4... I even tried reformatting, reimporting all tables into a ps3 again, into a vita again, etc... I think as you said if you didn't import the tables into ps4 prior to fx3 then you're out of luck.

    From Zen's point of view the content is available on fx3 so why does it matter where you play the table? But from a trophy collector's point of view it's highly frustrating indeed! However, I think at this point it is out of Zen's hands and I know Sony is not the greatest to work with for game developers...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •