Thread: KickBeat Steam Edition!

Default KickBeat Steam Edition!

KickBeat Steam Edition will release January 20th with quite a few changes and additions to the original game. Check our blog for all the details!

Any chance console gamers will see an update or DLC to include any changes brought by the Steam edition? Or maybe a next-gen version that includes any changes? Thanks! Looks like I might have another reason to start saving up for a gaming PC. I love this game!

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNote View Post
    Any chance console gamers will see an update or DLC to include any changes brought by the Steam edition? Or maybe a next-gen version that includes any changes? Thanks! Looks like I might have another reason to start saving up for a gaming PC. I love this game!
    I think it may remain as-is, but I'll check and make sure

Probably gonna stay the same huh? Well that's alright! A gaming PC is in my future right after the PC specs fly up like they do after the release of next-gen consoles. Thank you for the answer!

Default Youtube Stance?

I've been curious about this game, and I have a martial arts website that I'm starting let's plays on. I'd love to do a let's play of this game, but I know that Youtube has been really dumb recently. I am aware that you guys support LP's and monetizing on your games, but I also know that things can be iffy with music because of copyright. Is it still ok to do a let's play of this game, or should I refrain from filming anything with KickBeat?

Quote Originally Posted by kj1miller View Post
    I've been curious about this game, and I have a martial arts website that I'm starting let's plays on. I'd love to do a let's play of this game, but I know that Youtube has been really dumb recently. I am aware that you guys support LP's and monetizing on your games, but I also know that things can be iffy with music because of copyright. Is it still ok to do a let's play of this game, or should I refrain from filming anything with KickBeat?
    While most Indie developers are cool about let's plays, there are a lot of soundtracks on this game. You'll probably fall prey to the content ID system if you try to monetize, and it will be up to the music artist to lift the claim.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNote View Post
    While most Indie developers are cool about let's plays, there are a lot of soundtracks on this game. You'll probably fall prey to the content ID system if you try to monetize, and it will be up to the music artist to lift the claim.
    yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I'm really not that big about monetizing (I just ask in case they allow it) because my site focuses more on the martial arts and I started my LP channel to have fun with the community. The music licensing and Youtube might to too tricky for this one to record, monetizing or not, though.

kj1miller,
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Feel free to post, monetize, whatever you want! And don't hesitate to share your videos here on the forums, we'd all love to check them out
    BarbieBobomb,
    and what about PS4?

MyAnimeList / My LBPV level: "Netwalk"

Quote Originally Posted by kj1miller View Post
    Go for it - let us know if you have anything flagged, we'll try to help out

Thanks for the reply, guys, I can't wait to get my hands on this!

I haven't put up the video yet, but it is flagging it for Styles of Beyond-Nine Thou (Grant Mohrman 'Superstars' Remix)

The video isn't published or monetized because of the fact that I'd prefer not to get a strike on it, but I can do what you need me to if you want to clear it. I just don't know because all of the music might get flagged like this. The game is great, though

KickBeaten Down

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to monetize anything featuring 3rd party music. There's nothing in our licensing agreements that specifically authorizes it, so it would fall under the same Youtube rules (and the country's copyright laws) as the music in any other context would.

However, I haven't seen any problems with non-monetized KickBeat videos resulting in strikes or takedowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I'm pretty sure you won't be able to monetize anything featuring 3rd party music. There's nothing in our licensing agreements that specifically authorizes it, so it would fall under the same Youtube rules (and the country's copyright laws) as the music in any other context would.

However, I haven't seen any problems with non-monetized KickBeat videos resulting in strikes or takedowns.
    Ok, I'm not worried about monetizing it, really, since I'm just starting my channel out and want to showcase certain games. Still, better safe than sorry.