Xbox 360 profile issue - not all tables are unlocked that should be - please help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Port420
    • Jan 2014

Xbox 360 profile issue - not all tables are unlocked that should be - please help

Hi all. I got the game a few months ago and absolutely love it. My problem is that I have 2 profiles/gamertags on the Xbox, the 2nd being recently added. All tables I have were purchased under the first existing acct. For some reason, only the 5 I recently purchased on one day a couple weeks ago (new S.W. set, Earth D-, S-Fighter 2) show up as unlocked for my latest profile. Any reasons why this is happening...and is there anything I can do to resolve what seems to be a really dumb issue. All I have been able to do is move the game contents to the secondary storage drive (4gb) or redownload it but no dice thus far. Thanks!
  • Port420
    • Jan 2014

bump ? please help

still looking to resolve this!.. thanks

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Port420
      still looking to resolve this!.. thanks
      Looking into it - sit tight!

Comment

• Port420
        • Jan 2014

That rocks, I sure will.

Comment

• Port420
          • Jan 2014

{crickets chirping}

nothing eh...

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

We're not 100% sure, but we suspect that only those items are available as purchased for the purchasing profile. It's something that's listed in the terms of use for XBL accounts, totally out of our control.

Comment

• Port420
              • Jan 2014

understandable...

Though, the issue is that the purchasing profile can play them all whereas the recently added profile happens to see the exact 5 tables I purchased around Christmas w/ 1st/orig gamertag (and that's it). Something is glitched there I think.

Comment

• HermeticHawke
                • May 2014

Same here

I have purchased pretty much all of the tables. They work fine for my account, but when other users log in to Xbox Live, they randomly have tables set to trial, or unavailable entirely. It works differently depending on whether the game is exited first, or we just change profiles while the game is active, but both seem pretty random. This worked fine/correctly before I went on a spending spree during your sale, but now that I have a bunch of tables, not so much. My family enjoys competing on these tables it would be terrible if we had to only do it through hotseat games. I want to purchase the recently released star wars tables, but not if I can't share them with my family.

It's the PinballFX Classic tables, Pasha/Rome/Biolab/Secrets, Excalibur, and the Blade/Iron Man/Wolverine/Spiderman bundle that seem to have the problem with the rest of the tables working fine for one user.
                It's a different set for another user (for instance Sorcerer's Lair).

Comment

• ShamrockRed
                  • Apr 2014

Hello.

I have had similar issues with Xbox Live Arcade games and DLC. When I started to use my brother's Xbox 360 as my primary console, I could not play his downloaded games without him signed in (sometimes as player one). A year later, we started to use my Xbox 360 as the primary console, so he downloaded his profile and re-downloaded his games to my console. Of course my profile was already on my console. At that point I was able to play the games he downloaded to my console without him being signed in. Now we live apart, but I keep his profile on my console's hard drive...just in case I want to play the games he previously downloaded.

I think it all deals more with Xbox live and if the profiles are on the console before the games are downloaded. I may be wrong, but I hope my experience helps you guys out.
                  Xbox 360 Gamertag: ShamrockRed1428
                  Game Interest: Gears, Pinball FX2, PvZ Garden Warfare, CoD, Spelunky
                  Tables: Avengers, Fear Itself, Infinity Gauntlet, WWHulk, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Epic Quest, Plants vs. Zombies

Comment

• HermeticHawke
                    • May 2014

awesome!

Thanks for the advice. My family can play all the tables as long as I am signed into my account on another controller.
                    New tables here I come.

Comment

• OdinThe1337
                      • May 2014

I play on 2 different consoles, with one being the "family console" and one my private console.
                      How it works without issues:
                      I first purchase and download new content signed in on the family console. What it does is put the full license on this console. This means anyone can play on this console even without me being signed in.
                      Second, I use the download again from the Xbox menu on my private console. This downloads the content but on this console it is only available while I'm signed in, because the full license is on the family console. This is just fine as I'm the only one who uses the private console and the family can enjoy everything as well, even playing both consoles at the same time (versus mode) is not problem at all.

So if you purchase and download content as described above, you should not have any issues.

Now to solve some of the issues I have read in this thread.
                      These can be the result of either incomplete downloads, donwloading on different consoles, consoles or harddisks being swapped or repaired.
                      - Use the download again option via Settings / Account / Download History for the tables that are not working like they should. This ensures that the download is 100% on the console
                      - Transfer the full license to you family console via Settings / Account / License Transfer (note, you can only do this every 4-6 months so make sure you transfer it to the right system). What this does is transfer your licenses to your family console. Once finished, everyone on this console can enjoy all content without you being signed in.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...