Thread: Non zooming views

Default Non zooming views

Why can't there be non zooming views? I have a nice portrait monitor but I play Epic Quest and it has to zoom on the orcorium shot, Exclaiber zooms on the mini-table, I'm sure there are others. Please provide an option of a non zooming view. If I had a cabinet I would have put a boot through it by now because of the zooming. Please, not every one is stuck in 1998 and plays on a 17 inch CRT, we can see the whole table at once.

I have a cabinet and the zooming doesn't really bother me. I would love the option to turn it off though.

For a pincab, the option to not-zoom at all seems like a no-brainer. Hopefully it gets added in the future.

Yeah, this was in my long list of suggestions for cabinets in this thread back when the game came out.

Keep in mind that the current portrait mode seems like it's basically just the landscape mode rotated. All the camera events and stuff still happen in the same way. Hopefully now that they have a cabinet they will implement some of these suggestions.

The zooming isn't terrible. It's basically the ball launches, and some of the minigames. I'm not a huge fan, but MOST of the game is fine. I wish there was a TRUE pincab viewing angle though.

Even in portrait mode the table is still slightly angled (you can see the edges of the table in the back). I'd really like a 100% top down only view. That would be the TRUE pinball experience.

I don't mind it, but i think it does take you out of the cab experience. I wish I could turn it off.

A couple folks came over to play on my cab, and they thought the zooming was awesome though - go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeiram View Post
    A couple folks came over to play on my cab, and they thought the zooming was awesome though - go figure...
    Really? Interesting.

I don't mind it for the mythical offscreen areas (e.g. Hulk Arena), but anything normally visible on the table really doesn't need to zoom. The top left flipper area on Epic Quest is the worst - I think it actively makes it harder to hit that cross shot.

If I want to zoom in I'll lean over and stick my head closer to the monitor.

Completely agree. It's even more fun sticking your head in there with BAM and FP!