Thread: Weapon and Mods strengths and weaknesses - your opinions?

Questor

Default Weapon and Mods strengths and weaknesses - your opinions?

Some of my victi... err, mates complain that my missile launcher is unfairly powerful. I think it's all right, but maybe making it firing a bit less often would go a long way in silencing them. And while we're at it, reloading the shotgun takes ages and is a REAL PUNISHMENT! All right, it excels at close range, but it has absolutey no use at long ranges, so it's not a super weapon or something!

What do you think? Any more weapons or mods way out of balance?

Zen, hope you will fix them up for the next patch!

The rocket launcher is my only real issue. I can't believe they let players spawn with this thing in all matches. It just turns matches in to rocket contests when people get mad about it (and I see servers shut down when hosts get butt hurt over it coughcoughcoughmike12888coughcoughcough)!

Thank god it's blast radius is small. Still hate it though.
    Join the Global Punisher Army - GlobalPunisherArmy.com

I was kind of surprised to find that the upgraded .45 is more effective than the shotgun. I think the option for certain 'weapons only' matches would be fun. Like rocket arena, pistols only, etc.

I perfer the nade launcher overr the rocket myself. Lol i bounced one off a wall into a game host. He blew up and he left and ended the match. It gives you that warm fuzzy feeling hoping they leave FPS games and never come back

Quote Originally Posted by GPA Kevin View Post
    The rocket launcher is my only real issue. I can't believe they let players spawn with this thing in all matches. It just turns matches in to rocket contests when people get mad about it (and I see servers shut down when hosts get butt hurt over it coughcoughcoughmike12888coughcoughcough)!

Thank god it's blast radius is small. Still hate it though.
    What! I pretty much never quit! Why am I being called out!? Every match I'm in will end due to everyone quitting! I'm butt hurt!? You're senial bud, rockets have never been an issue for me. The rocket launcher is terrible, you pretty much need to hit someone right on for it to be a kill, and I use sprint for life and usually have the speed bonus, so I'm a tough target.
    Last edited by Mike12888; 07-09-2009 at 01:55 AM.

All I'm saying is, it was your server, and as soon as the game starts I hear *WOOOOOOSH* *BOOM* and saw your name as the one to go down. Server disconnects and everybody but you is in the next lobby.

Coincidence? I think not.

But I'm allowed to pick on you, you being the guy with the #1 score in the One Man Army playlist. Everybody has quit servers here and there, I am just giving you a hard time, so don't take it too seriously.
    Last edited by GPA Kevin; 07-09-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GPA Kevin View Post

All I'm saying is, it was your server, and as soon as the game starts I hear *WOOOOOOSH* *BOOM* and saw your name as the one to go down. Server disconnects and everybody but you is in the next lobby.

Coincidence? I think not.

But I'm allowed to pick on you, you being the guy with the #1 score in the One Man Army playlist. Everybody has quit servers here and there, I am just giving you a hard time, so don't take it too seriously.
    Yeah your probably right, I do quit the occasional time but it wasn't because of rockets. Sorry I did take it a little overboard, I was in a bad mood yesterday, I was trying to fix my laptop all day because my dumbass friend installed a virus. I kept hearing random audio ads and random scooby-doo episodes. I got those to go away but now it runs slow and within 5 minutes of use programs become unresponsive. I've been trying to defrag and remove spyware but my laptop always freezes up before it can finish the scan, or even come close. I was just kind of angry because everyone quits out of my games because THEY'RE butthurt, but I'm the one who gets called out on it!

I get it... and I agree, I think this is one of the dumbest games to quit if you're dying... I mean, you can actually unlock stuff by getting killed enough.

Invulnrability. 1st day i had this game i was dominating my Buddy's Letmegetem08 and badazzeddie. then they unlocked this mod. Now im lucky if i can get a cheapshot from behind them without it being turned on. Not only do they become unkillable, it seems as if it never ends, i get spawned and by the time i find them they have it on again and this repeats the whole match, either that or i start getting spawned right near them and i get shot in the face...either way the Invulnrability Mod is Bullshit.

My strategy for when someone's using invulnerability is to backpedal, try to find some cover, and spray them in the face with the CMG, in the hopes that their invulnerability will wear off before I'm fragged. It works like 1/3rd of the time lol. I thought invulnerability lasted a while too, but then I unlocked it and it really only lasts for a few seconds, I still haven't mastered it because I hate not being able to sprint.

Look, rocket launcher is pretty weak - it's easy to strafe away from the missile. In fact, I'm always glad when someone using it - such slow person makes an easy frag.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gremlin View Post
    Look, rocket launcher is pretty weak - it's easy to strafe away from the missile. In fact, I'm always glad when someone using it - such slow person makes an easy frag.
    Agreed, also, the rocket launcher seems to be effective when people are camping, especially in Punish the Punisher.

Health Regenerator + Link Feeder + CMG or AKS-47 = End of Invulnrability