KickBeat immediately crashes to desktop.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • commandhat
    • Jan 2014

I don't get what's going on here. As soon as the executable launches, Windows 7 reports that it has an error and needs to close.

I have no information beyond that.

As for executable launching - by that, I mean when I try to play the game. As soon as I click the play button on Steam, as soon as I double-click the .exe file in the game files, etc...

I'm fairly sure it's because I don't have the latest $renderer. Which rendering system (i.e. DirectX, openGL) are you using? I'd assume DirectX if Steam didn't bundle it with every single one of their games.
    Last edited by commandhat; 01-24-2014, 06:14 AM.
  • Solitude
    KickBeaten Down
    • Mar 2010

You'll need to disable DEP for the KickBeat executable. See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ntion-settings

Comment

• commandhat
      • Jan 2014

KickBeat immediately crashes to desktop. (UPDATE ON 1/22)

One step further, sort of!

Launching outside Steam:

I now get a dialog box that says:

Runtime Error!

C:\Progr...

This program has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
      Please contact the application's support team for more information.

[OK]
      "C:\Progr..." is not a typo, that's how the error box shows it. For simplification, we can ignore that particular detail.

Clicking [OK] here shows me the KickBeat has crashed error message I've explained before, but now I have an option to debug the program [attaching VS1020 debugger to it - won't work without the symbols]

Launching inside Steam:

[Almost] No change. Still immediate "KickBeat has crashed".

However, I can now choose to debug the program [attaching VS2010 debugger to it - won't work without the symbols]

Comment

• commandhat
        • Jan 2014

KickBeat no longer crashes to desktop!

Problem solved!

KickBeat generated a 0 bytes big settings.cfg when I was launching it with DEP turned on. Deleting the settings.cfg fixed it!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

Glad it's working for you now!

Comment

• camilajerry
            • Oct 2014

try messaging the playstation forum..they will help you recover your account!
            We offer best quality 642-902 braindumps test papers and MICROSOFT dumps materials.

Comment

• richardsmith
              • Sep 2018

no idea but I think, except maybe not meeting minimum hardware requirements or driver issues, but for the boss fight, you just need to hit the Chi activation button when your blue (Chi) meter flashes.
              White Label Trucking App Solution | Freight Management Solution | On-Demand Trucking App Solution | Uber for Trucking App | Trucking and Logistics App Development

Comment

Working...