Thread: Ball speed is too fast - any way to slow it down?

Default Ball speed is too fast - any way to slow it down?

Love the tables, but the game plays as if I'm using the ceramic ball on Twilight Zone! Very fast, lightning fast even and difficult to make some shots because of it. I own 12 real pinball machines and I can tell you from a _lot_ of experience playing pinball the ball feel is not "realistic." The Pinball Hall of Fame on the Wii has a much more accurate ball feel. Is there a way to adjust this at all on Pinball FX?

Quote Originally Posted by aftcarton View Post
    Love the tables, but the game plays as if I'm using the ceramic ball on Twilight Zone! Very fast, lightning fast even and difficult to make some shots because of it. I own 12 real pinball machines and I can tell you from a _lot_ of experience playing pinball the ball feel is not "realistic." The Pinball Hall of Fame on the Wii has a much more accurate ball feel. Is there a way to adjust this at all on Pinball FX?

yeh pinball fx make really fun ,but real is that not^^

when you play on a real pinball table you can never play this like pfx2

that are two different worlds^^
    sry for my really bad english

I have not messed with it myself but I think in the operators menu you can change the slope of the table. It would seem if you made it flatter the ball would slow down some, however it stops your leaderboard scores if that matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by alwc37 View Post
    I have not messed with it myself but I think in the operators menu you can change the slope of the table. It would seem if you made it flatter the ball would slow down some, however it stops your leaderboard scores if that matters to you.
    ALSO adjustments on the operators menu will not allow achievements! (This is odd though as you can get achievements on other games in "easy" or "normal" difficulty as well as achievements for the hardest difficulty) It does make the game slower.