X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Super League Football

We’re combining the world’s most popular sport with our passion for pinball. Soon you’ll be able to choose your favorite football club on our next table; Super League Football Pinball! Details and trailer on the Zen Studios blog.
  • StewAtTheU
    • Aug 2013

Considering the Super Bowl is this weekend, when I saw football pinball I was excited. But, then I realized it was not real football, but rather soccer and my excitement diminished rather quickly. I've never really been able to get into soccer. It always felt like a slowed down, less exciting version of hockey minus all of the fights and things that make hockey awesome. Oh well, I'm sure it will still be a solid table and I'll probably get it.

Comment

• falcon05
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by StewAtTheU
      Considering the Super Bowl is this weekend, when I saw football pinball I was excited. But, then I realized it was not real football, but rather soccer and my excitement diminished rather quickly. I've never really been able to get into soccer. It always felt like a slowed down, less exciting version of hockey minus all of the fights and things that make hockey awesome. Oh well, I'm sure it will still be a solid table and I'll probably get it.
      To the rest of the world outside America, "real football" is soccer, which is also by far the most popular sport in the world. Just saying.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Super League Football is coming to Zen Pinball 2 for Mac on February 19th and to Zen Pinball on iOS on February 20th!

Comment

• Patricia71
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by falcon05
          To the rest of the world outside America, "real football" is soccer, which is also by far the most popular sport in the world. Just saying.
          Football is played with the foot handball is not american football

pat.

Comment

• Robee
            • May 2013

GNNNNNHHHH! Not happy

I assumed stupidly that going into one table from the main screen meant you were in one table, and when you bought that table you got that table.

But I'm wrong.

The Football table is actually multiple ones, which I discovered only after buying the generic Zen Pinball one, and then when I went to Select Team I discovered that the one I wanted to actually play (Arsenal) I had to then buy all over again!

So I've ended up buying two tables when I really only wanted to buy one. :/

Comment

• StewAtTheU
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Robee
              I assumed stupidly that going into one table from the main screen meant you were in one table, and when you bought that table you got that table.

But I'm wrong.

The Football table is actually multiple ones, which I discovered only after buying the generic Zen Pinball one, and then when I went to Select Team I discovered that the one I wanted to actually play (Arsenal) I had to then buy all over again!

So I've ended up buying two tables when I really only wanted to buy one. :/
              I did the same thing. I figured that this table might just play like the Avengers where you just make your choice at the beginning of the game. I was definitely surprised that after you buy the table you have to buy further teams. I can't quite tell because I only have the Zen team, but it looks like the only thing that changes between teams is the mascot, otherwise the table stays exactly the same, including the gameplay. Considering I am not a soccer fan to begin with I can't see any real justification in buying additional teams for this very minor solely aesthetic change. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about this.

On a brighter note, I do think this table plays really well. Definitely has a lot of innovative features. I really like the extra flippers behind the outlanes. They make it so this is a very chill table that allows for really high scores and relaxed play. I put up 130 million on just my second playthrough. I hope to improve on that score.

Comment

• Robee
                • May 2013

I did the same thing. I figured that this table might just play like the Avengers where you just make your choice at the beginning of the game. I was definitely surprised that after you buy the table you have to buy further teams. I can't quite tell because I only have the Zen team, but it looks like the only thing that changes between teams is the mascot, otherwise the table stays exactly the same, including the gameplay. Considering I am not a soccer fan to begin with I can't see any real justification in buying additional teams for this very minor solely aesthetic change. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about this.
                The changes are all visual, though they might also be audio as well (maybe if you buy Barca you get Spanish?). They do include the players, not just the mascot.

Though that leads me onto another complaint.

Can someone from Zen answer me as to why is Sagna was left out of the squad? I know you can't fit everyone in, and somebody has to get left out, but you've put Mertesacker in Koscielny's position, Koscielny as a right back, and Vermaelon in as a centre-back. Now I know he is the captain, and perhaps that made you have to squeeze him in, but you chose to omit Arsenal's first choice right back who joined the team in 2007 (2 years before the Verminator) and has put in almost twice as many appearances.

Just seems like an insult to the guy and the fans!

On a brighter note, I do think this table plays really well. Definitely has a lot of innovative features. I really like the extra flippers behind the outlanes. They make it so this is a very chill table that allows for really high scores and relaxed play. I put up 130 million on just my second playthrough. I hope to improve on that score.
                Yes it does seem fun, I think it feels a bit like Epic Quest in some respects.

Comment

• StewAtTheU
                  • Aug 2013

Yes it does seem fun, I think it feels a bit like Epic Quest in some respects.
                  I agree It reminds me of Epic Quest a lot too, which is great. I like how things continue through subsequent playthroughs. Still, Epic Quest definitely has a lot more charm and humor. Epic Quest and Thor are probably my 2 favorite tables. Plants vs. Zombies would be right there also if it came out on on the iPad.

Comment

• JCman7
                    • Oct 2013

I messed that up to and ended up with MC Milan...it's so ugly compared to the other teams. So disappointed don't feel like spending more money though for just a reskin. Fun table though!
                    Highest Scores: 479mill Sorcerers Lair, 219mill Avengers, 203mill MARS, 190mill Captain America, 181mill SW: Clone Wars

Comment

• shogun00
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2011

Can someone from Zen answer me as to why is Sagna was left out of the squad?
                      They answered this a fews times already. It's license related. Either the team wanted a ridiculous amount of money for the license or they didn't want to be apart of the game.

Zen has said they are trying to make a deal with the other teams. Maybe the remaining teams will warm up to the idea, if they table preforms well in sales.

Comment

• Pyr77
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by shogun00
                        They answered this a fews times already. It's license related. Either the team wanted a ridiculous amount of money for the license or they didn't want to be apart of the game.

Zen has said they are trying to make a deal with the other teams. Maybe the remaining teams will warm up to the idea, if they table preforms well in sales.
                        Yes, but in trailer it looks like you buying all teams.
                        So bit like a rip off.
                        I wanted to play FCB without buying game twice!!!!

Comment

• Evolve or die
                          • Dec 2011

Nice but a bit of a ripoff

Ok, so you buy the game for $2. Ok, guess it's like marvel and Star Wars. Fifty percent to marvel, 50 to zen. So for this game fifty to the teams/league. Then you realise if you want your team (mine, Liverpool) it's another two dollars!!!!??? Ok, that's just a bit steep. Especially for just a skin (and yuk, green flippers for Liverpool). So four dollars for a table. Maybe one for the initial purchase and the two for the skin. Or two upfront and one for the skin. But this is poor form, especially as you don't know before you make the initial purchase

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Evolve or die
                            Ok, so you buy the game for $2. Ok, guess it's like marvel and Star Wars. Fifty percent to marvel, 50 to zen. So for this game fifty to the teams/league. Then you realise if you want your team (mine, Liverpool) it's another two dollars!!!!??? Ok, that's just a bit steep. Especially for just a skin (and yuk, green flippers for Liverpool). So four dollars for a table. Maybe one for the initial purchase and the two for the skin. Or two upfront and one for the skin. But this is poor form, especially as you don't know before you make the initial purchase
                            We certainly do not expect people to buy multiple teams. The purpose in doing it this way was two-fold: you pick the team you’d like to support (and if you have no affiliation, you can go with Zen FC). Each licensed team has to get their cut and $2 for all teams wasn't an option, so we went with separate purchases for each. That's the only way we could make it work and still have a fair price for our players. Keep in mind we also have to pay to put these on each platform, so no, it's not a 50-50 split.

Comment

• Evolve or die
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                              We certainly do not expect people to buy multiple teams. The purpose in doing it this way was two-fold: you pick the team you’d like to support (and if you have no affiliation, you can go with Zen FC). Each licensed team has to get their cut and $2 for all teams wasn't an option, so we went with separate purchases for each. That's the only way we could make it work and still have a fair price for our players. Keep in mind we also have to pay to put these on each platform, so no, it's not a 50-50 split.
                              So the extra two bucks goes to the FC? I don't mind paying, I'll get more than four bucks enjoyment out of this table, it's great. I don't even care about my score, just the goals. This is up there with epic quest. But I'm figuring that whatever cut you get for just a skin is maybe a bit excessive. And then there's the small thing of it not being up front that you have to pay extra. I was a bit surprised. But... Whatever... LI-VER-POO-OOOOOOOOOLL!!

Comment

Working...