Results 1 to 51 of 51

Thread: Super League Football

  1. #1

    Default Super League Football

    We’re combining the world’s most popular sport with our passion for pinball. Soon you’ll be able to choose your favorite football club on our next table; Super League Football Pinball! Details and trailer on the Zen Studios blog.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Cool.
    Looks very promising. :-)

  3. #3
    Senior Member LeanderL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Looking forward to it. Unfortunately, there's no Bayern Munich but maybe because you don't have enough German-speaking players.
    I'm really sorry that you aren't part of Zen's club, Barbie. Your picture on the playfield would have made the table so much more beautiful.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Roo5676's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default

    That looks awesome. Can't wait to see how the flippers under the outlanes play.

    As an American with no particular allegiance to any of those clubs, I'll gladly play for Team Zen!

  5. #5
    Junior Member Zeiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    27

    Default

    This looks terrific! A nice change of pace from marvel tables - not that I dislike marvel tables mind you! I'll also play for team Zen.

  6. #6

    Default

    And I thought it was going to be real football.... lol not soccer table looks fun though

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedWeapon View Post
    And I thought it was going to be real football.... lol not soccer table looks fun though
    That is real football my friend.

    Tsk, Americans

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Looks like an interesting table. I wonder if the designer took inspiration from Zaccaria pins. Specifically, the elevated upper playfield and the outlane flippers that are common in a lot of Zaccaria pinball machines. The one thing I can live without is the soccer ball skin for the pinball. It fits the theme like the green "pea" balls fit the PvZ table, but I have never really liked the fancy skins or ball effects (fire or ball trail). Should be fun though. Hopefully we can see some more sport themes if this is a successful table.

  9. #9

    Default

    Super League Football is coming to Pinball FX2 for Steam on February 19th!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Wow, that is amazing. As a european player football is pretty big here and my favourite sports to watch. And although I'm german, my Club always has been Arsenal, so I was pleased to see that AFC is part of the line-up. Really looking forward to this one.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Chelsea FC pleeeease. I would make all my Chelsea buddies buy it, I promise

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tizerist View Post
    Chelsea FC pleeeease. I would make all my Chelsea buddies buy it, I promise
    We've had quite a few requests for Chelsea FC

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I just saw on Steam that this is one table per team (each purchased separately), rather than one table where you choose a team at the start. Somehow I had the impression it was just one, but maybe that was just a bad assumption on my part.

    Are all the tables identical, except for color scheme and player photos? It seems that way, at a superficial glance at the screenshots. Do they all have their own separate rankings, so that friends can only compare scores if they both chose the same table variant?

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphammer View Post
    I just saw on Steam that this is one table per team (each purchased separately), rather than one table where you choose a team at the start. Somehow I had the impression it was just one, but maybe that was just a bad assumption on my part.

    Are all the tables identical, except for color scheme and player photos? It seems that way, at a superficial glance at the screenshots. Do they all have their own separate rankings, so that friends can only compare scores if they both chose the same table variant?
    Gameplay is identical - only difference is team colors/mascot

  15. #15

    Default

    Might be nice if that was made clearer in the Steam store. I thought we had 8 new tables with this, and was wondering why they weren't being sold in a pack.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grenadier View Post
    Might be nice if that was made clearer in the Steam store. I thought we had 8 new tables with this, and was wondering why they weren't being sold in a pack.
    I agree! I posted an FAQ on the steam forums in hopes people would go there first.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default Mls

    Loving the table, while I'm sure individual MLS teams aren't going to happen, would love to see an MLS all star team.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I picked up the Zen Studios table yesterday...based on the leaderboards, it looks like most people are choosing Zen.

    Really clever table! It really captures some of the feel of a soccer match, including the celebration after every goal. I'm still not 100% sure when I'm the attacker and when I'm the defender, but I might pick up on those indicators as I play more. There seem to be a lot more multiballs happening on this table than the others I've played, which is fun but can get crazy at times!

    It took me a few games to realize that your current match doesn't count unless you make it all the way to the end of the timer. So I played a bunch of games which were match 1 of the season, before finally making it to match 2. I won match 1 in a shootout, which is another cool aspect of the table which really captures the theme.

  19. #19
    Senior Member LeanderL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    258

    Default

    The table is great fun. Who designed it, Barbie? My highscore so far is 110 million but I haven't been able to finish a game yet. What's the purpose of the "more time" shot unless you are behind? If there are 10 minutes left does letting time run out work?

    Slaphammer If the music is epic it's time for you to score. If the music creates a tense and dangerous atmosphere the opposing team is about to attack.

  20. #20
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    The table is great fun. Who designed it, Barbie? My highscore so far is 110 million but I haven't been able to finish a game yet. What's the purpose of the "more time" shot unless you are behind? If there are 10 minutes left does letting time run out work?
    Hi, I was the designer for this table

    The "More Time" lamp blinks when it's active, and it's used during the timed modes (Attack, Free Kick, Defense and Corner). If you hit it perfectly, it will increase the time left by 9 or 10 seconds. When it's not active, it will increase the Player Bonus.

    Yes, you can let the time run out to finish a match if you're having difficultly - though obviously you won't score any points and probably get a bit bored

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    Hi, I was the designer for this table

    The "More Time" lamp blinks when it's active, and it's used during the timed modes (Attack, Free Kick, Defense and Corner). If you hit it perfectly, it will increase the time left by 9 or 10 seconds. When it's not active, it will increase the Player Bonus.

    Yes, you can let the time run out to finish a match if you're having difficultly - though obviously you won't score any points and probably get a bit bored
    What does the Corner mode do? I noticed that free kick boosts your combo meter by quite a bit but I haven't figured out what corner does.

  22. #22
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    65

    Default

    It's also a defensive mode, which has a shorter timer but only 1 shot to hit.

  23. #23
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Hey Croftanator! Since you are answering questions. What's in your opinion the best way in achieving the 10 goals in one game?

    I'm trying to get that trophy on the PS3 version, but my best so far is 7 goals in one game.

  24. #24
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Make sure if you get to the Wizard Mode you start it with all 3 balls locked and all the targets down. It's gives you the best chance to score several Golden Goals, which will help a lot.

  25. #25
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    Make sure if you get to the Wizard Mode you start it with all 3 balls locked and all the targets down. It's gives you the best chance to score several Golden Goals, which will help a lot.
    But do the golden goals count towards the Home/Away score? It appears that the trophy requirement is to a score of 10 on the Home/Away scoreboard. I've made well over 10 goals via the multiball modes (including wizard) and the trophy didn't pop.

    On a side note, sorry that I posted this in the wrong forum thread.

  26. #26
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    65

    Default

    You need to score 10 goals in one match though (which can include Golden Goals as well as regular goals) - and you said the best you got was 7; which I presume is why you've not got the trophy yet

  27. #27
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    You need to score 10 goals in one match though (which can include Golden Goals as well as regular goals) - and you said the best you got was 7; which I presume is why you've not got the trophy yet
    7 with the goal counter (Home/Away). I had well over 10 with the multiball modes, but they don't count toward the goal counter.

  28. #28
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Aha, the regular Goal Celebration multiball 'goals' are just Super Jackpots. Only the Wizard Mode counts as proper goals too

  29. #29
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    Aha, the regular Goal Celebration multiball 'goals' are just Super Jackpots. Only the Wizard Mode counts as proper goals too
    Okay! Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a shot.

  30. #30
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    I got the trophy and I didn't went into the wizard mode at all. A little trick is to reset the audits (in the operator's menu) and make the 10 goals in the Week 1 game. The mini-playfield targets are much more predictable in movement and I was able to make 10 goals with plenty of time to spare on the clock. In fact, I was able to make 12 goals before the game end.

  31. #31
    Senior Member LeanderL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Croftanator Thanks for your reply. Something different: if you score a goal is it completely random who scores it?

  32. #32
    Senior Member s-carnegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Nice tip shogun im still needing that trophy.

  33. #33
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Croftanator Thanks for your reply. Something different: if you score a goal is it completely random who scores it?
    Yeah, almost completely random - though there's more chance an attacker or midfielder will score than a defender .

  34. #34

    Default

    Why is not Barbie on one of the photos in the middle of the Zen team table? :-)

  35. #35
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulprayer View Post
    Why is not Barbie on one of the photos in the middle of the Zen team table? :-)
    It appears that all of the photos are the developers of the game itself. Barbie and Crackervizzo are just part of the PR team and not actual developers of the game.

  36. #36

    Default

    But, they could have been a mascot team xD

  37. #37
    Senior Member LeanderL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Croftanator Is this your first table or what are the others you designed?

    I have another question. I don't know if this is a bug or not. I hit something I can't remember and the commentator said something with "quick" and "box". Although all defenders were active I managed to score a goal to lead 1-0. However, there was no celebration, no multiball, no nothing. Is this an exception or a bug?

    EDIT Another game, I scored on a penalty kick. No celebration. I scored a second goal and then I got the multiball. Both examples described above took place in week 2 -> the second game. Is it meant to be like that that a goal in game 1 gives you an instant multiball but you need to score 2 in game 2 to start it?

    EDIT Another game...1st goal...and instant multiball despite game 2 in the season. Strange.
    Last edited by LeanderL; 02-24-2014 at 01:54 AM.

  38. #38
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    I have another question. I don't know if this is a bug or not. I hit something I can't remember and the commentator said something with "quick" and "box". Although all defenders were active I managed to score a goal to lead 1-0. However, there was no celebration, no multiball, no nothing. Is this an exception or a bug?

    EDIT Another game, I scored on a penalty kick. No celebration. I scored a second goal and then I got the multiball. Both examples described above took place in week 2 -> the second game. Is it meant to be like that that a goal in game 1 gives you an instant multiball but you need to score 2 in game 2 to start it?

    EDIT Another game...1st goal...and instant multiball despite game 2 in the season. Strange.
    The celebration multiball only goes off if you have at least one ball locked in saucers. Otherwise, it's just a regular goal and no thrills.

  39. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I'm not clear on what I'm supposed to do when I become the defender. It seems that if I don't do something within a certain amount of time, then the opponent automatically scores a point. The only thing I've seen is that some ramps have a lit football icon, maybe I need to send the ball up each of those ramps? I know that I don't want to send the ball to the dugout, because then I have to defend in a penalty kick. Although, if I successfully defend then it makes me the attacker again....

  40. #40
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Croftanator Is this your first table or what are the others you designed?
    I made X-Men and Avengers before, and have also just finished a table for the final Star Wars pack

  41. #41
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphammer View Post
    I'm not clear on what I'm supposed to do when I become the defender. It seems that if I don't do something within a certain amount of time, then the opponent automatically scores a point. The only thing I've seen is that some ramps have a lit football icon, maybe I need to send the ball up each of those ramps? I know that I don't want to send the ball to the dugout, because then I have to defend in a penalty kick. Although, if I successfully defend then it makes me the attacker again....
    Yes, you need to hit each lane with the flashing ball lamp. There are 2, 3 or 4 lamps depending on the opposition difficulty.
    Defending the penalty kick is useful if you're almost out of time and unlikely to hit all the ramps - it gives you a final chance to stop the goal.

  42. #42
    Senior Member LeanderL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    The celebration multiball only goes off if you have at least one ball locked in saucers. Otherwise, it's just a regular goal and no thrills.
    Thanks!

  43. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    I made X-Men and Avengers before, and have also just finished a table for the final Star Wars pack
    Didn't realize the same person designed both those tables. Cool.

    At the risk of turning this off-topic, a question about the X-Men table: Is there any advice to dealing with the Storm spinner? When I get Storm and it comes up, it almost always causes a ball drain at some point (one time, at the start of a mode/mission, it automatically when through the spinner and the spinner sent it straight down the middle )

    I love the table, but it has a few annoying quirks that drive me nuts, with the Storm spinner being the most maddening because you can't really avoid it.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

  44. #44
    Senior Member LeanderL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Super League Football...where "no, I can't score against 2 or 3 defenders but I score against all of them after taking 20 shots" happens

  45. #45
    Senior Member s-carnegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    295

    Default

    finally got both trophies, the boot popped while I was in wizard mode.

  46. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I just got the wizard mode last night...I've only been playing FX2 for a week or two, but that's the first wizard mode I've gotten on any table. The balls turned gold and sparkly and I had no idea what was going on. I don't know how I got there nor what I was supposed to do at that point, so it was like any other multiball to me. I guess it's time to go read the table guide again!

    Also last night, for the first time I noticed a gate which was blocking the ball from going up the Longball ramp. I'm not sure if that thing has been triggering all along and I never noticed it, or if having that gate close the ramp is an unusual thing. It opened back up shortly after I noticed it, didn't really have time to look around for clues.

  47. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    In the last couple games I've noticed that sometimes the opponent scores a goal even though I think I'm still the attacker and the ball is still in play...can't figure out how that would happen. But I just finished a game where twice it appeared that I had become the defender even though there wasn't the tell-tale music or any comment from the announcers. Does that happen sometimes? I'm on match 9 of the season now, I was wondering if maybe things become more difficult as you reach the end of the season and this might be a way.

    That game ended up being 5-5 at the end, I won 7-6 in a shootout...highest-scoring match so far! My record is too poor to win the season, though.

  48. #48
    Senior Member s-carnegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    295

    Default

    I think the other team has the ball when there are lit balls in front of ramps and lanes. If you dont clear them all they sometimes score. When you do clear them you have posession again. In a previous post it was mentioned the further in season it gets a little harder.

  49. #49
    Table Designer Croftanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphammer View Post
    In the last couple games I've noticed that sometimes the opponent scores a goal even though I think I'm still the attacker and the ball is still in play...can't figure out how that would happen. But I just finished a game where twice it appeared that I had become the defender even though there wasn't the tell-tale music or any comment from the announcers. Does that happen sometimes?
    It could be you conceded a corner kick (hit the ball to a sinkhole after it goes down the outlane), as the 'defensive' music doesn't play in this mode. There should be a line from a commentator though, something like "The defender puts the ball out for a corner." or "The ball goes out for a corner."

  50. #50
    Junior Member Zeiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Any cab players have problems with the sides of the table being cropped too tightly? I've cycled through all the camera modes and the mascot and player are cropped just out of view. This is the only Zen table I have this problem with - all the others fit my cab like a glove.

  51. #51
    Senior Member Roo5676's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeiram View Post
    Any cab players have problems with the sides of the table being cropped too tightly? I've cycled through all the camera modes and the mascot and player are cropped just out of view. This is the only Zen table I have this problem with - all the others fit my cab like a glove.
    I wouldn't say I have a problem with it -- the table itself is perfectly visible. You're right that stuff off to the sides of the table like the mascot is not visible, but that's the same as other tables.

    They used to fill that "extra" space on a regular landscape/widescreen display with just a static image of a room, but have been adding more animated stuff outside of the tables recently (the big ship on Starfighter comes to mind). I guess missing out on that extra flavor is a small disadvantage for portrait, but I'd take being able to clearly see everything on the playfield without panning or zooming any day.

    If Zen wants to go above and beyond when they add their cabinet mode, a little picture-in-picture camera on the backglass that showed things like the mascot would be cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •