Thread: Welcome to CastleStorm - Free to Siege beta!

Default Welcome to CastleStorm - Free to Siege beta!

Welcome to CastleStorm - Free to Siege ! The game is currently in beta on Android devices and we invite you to join! All you need to do is join this Google group, download the game and then tell us what you think!

Thank you for joining our beta test group to help us making CastleStorm - Free to Siege a polished experience.

Ready to start testing?

Follow these quick steps (after joining this Google Group):

1. Visit this link and click Become a Tester: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...os.castlestorm

2. Open the Play Store app and install CastleStorm - Free to Siege by pressing Install

3. Play CastleStorm and then come back here and tell us what you think! Feel free to post your impressions/suggestions and report issues.

CastleStorm - Free to Siege will be available later this spring on iOS, Google Play and Amazon. See you on the battlefield!
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 02-18-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Default Nice!

Begin to testing on my Nexus 7 2013 (Stock 4.4.2 ROM)

Quote Originally Posted by tamadok View Post
    Begin to testing on my Nexus 7 2013 (Stock 4.4.2 ROM)
    Awesome! Let us know what you think

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Awesome! Let us know what you think
    The game turned out beautiful, on my device runs excellent. Bugs have not noticed by me.

Default Working fine!

First of all, Hi All!

I started testing it on a Huawei Ascend P6-U06 that have an unordinary CPU and GPU and I use it to test whether games and apps can run on those chipsets.
    Usually I have issues with textures. Fields or characters disappear, or they loose their colors, etc..

Installing it took me about a quarter hour 'cause I had error codes (940 ???) and Play Store couldn't find it, so I had to try to install it several times.

After I could install it, at the first time I had a force close when the first animation started.
    At second start there wasn't ANY problems with the game. Not a single lag or texture issues.
    For me, the most exciting thing was that it supports Hungarian language and the translation is 99,90% perfect while it is using old talking style. Amazing!
    The grapics are cool!
    It's really fun to play!

I had only one issue. I had to long press the "button" to teleport my hero back to the castle in the first mission. It took me some time to figure it out, and there weren't any more enemies on the field, so it didn't cause me any headache, but I think it shouldn't be like that.

I'll check back later, but now I'll have to see the other missions.

Weird.. Just installed it less than a hour before and now there is an update with the same version number 1.0... ???
    Last edited by Feke; 02-18-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: update??? o.O

Hi there!

English isn't my main language but I will try.
    I've played a while on my note 8.0.

My first impressions;

The game runs fantastic not even a single fps drop.
    The graphics blew me away.. It looks beautiful!
    Touch controls working great.

I'm not used to this kind of games and still I'm finding out how this genre works. So maybe you could explain a bit more with a in depth tutorial.

My cons;

The advertisement. I know you have to earn money to get the money back you invested but this is insane! Pushing players like that will give you negative feedback. Didn't Google forbid full screen advertisement?

I'm the kind of person that wants to invest in the developer and I'm sure I will buy the VIP pack. (Is this already possible even its in beta?)

So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPixels View Post

I'm the kind of person that wants to invest in the developer and I'm sure I will buy the VIP pack. (Is this already possible even its in beta?)
    Thanks for the feedback (and your English is great)! Yes, you can buy the VIP pack at this time, all transactions are real (just like any other app on the market) I hope that helps!

VIP pack bought because i want to support this game
    Oh and the facebook login doesnt work.

VIP pack bought because i want to support thuis game
    Oh and the facebook login doesnt work.
    Can you post details about how it doesn't work? Error messages or any other details would be great.

Sure! I get the following message;

App not setup: the developers of this app have not set up this app properly for facebook login.

Sure! I get the following message;

App not setup: the developers of this app have not set up this app properly for facebook login.
    Ah! So it's our fault haha! Thanks! I hadn't tried out the facebook stuff since I didn't want to accidentally share the news too early

Default Fun game - some crashes

On my Note3: During the intro movie I had to turn off my screen. The game FCs when turning screen back on. On the screen immediately following the intro movie turning the screen off and on caused the phone to lock up for awhile.

I have this already on XBox360, but this mobile version simply blows it away due to the touch screen. It really shines on my N7-2012.

Thanks Zen for the beta, I'm looking forward to testing this!

Default Looks great on my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 no issues as of yet

Started testing this evening. game play is very smooth and runs great. So far everything works pretty well made through the first level of game play. I have purchased the VIP package, and I am excited to make some purchases in app and find out if the app can keep up. This app environment looks great. I was a little concerned that the game play experience would be lacking due to the high resolution and size of the display on the Note Pro, but this was not an issue at all. It's not even fuzzy which is very nice. Graphics are crisp and clear.
    Last edited by mekelly00; 02-20-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Cool

Game runs great on my Nexus 7 2013 mobile and is a blast to play. Only thing I noticed so far is that the beginning tutorial needs to be more fleshed out as I couldn't figure out how the hero controls, etc. Other than that it's working great so far.

Default Enjoyable

I played it on my Samsung Tablet 7.7 and it ran great. I lagged once but that was during the storyline and didn't bother me. It's pretty fun and the graphics is nice but in my opinion, the aiming with the projectile can be somewhat difficult for arrows when trying to shoot enemy's troops. Another thing I didn't really like was how much this game is basically IAP throughout most of the items that I found in store. Although I haven't gotten far in the game, there would probably be some use of the golds that we get in game but overall, it's a great game.

I can't get past the tutorial. It locks up at the "Use the shooting frenzy to stop the Golem!" It locks up right after you select the welcome gift and then click the arrow on the left side, when it pans out to show the castle.

I am guessing it has to do with my device(Galaxy Note i717) maybe it's running out of ram.

Default Works on my Moto X!

First time the app opened it force closed, but after that opened just fine and played without any issues. Frame rate was consistent and smooth. Graphics looked very nice and were glitch free. I've only played the first mission as of right now, but so far so good!

Exclamation Problems with Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Hi,

The first time I opened the app it worked fine, it showed the intro animation, then the story about the war and the goddess, then a loading screen, but just after that the app closes automatically.

This happens every time. I can't play the game at all.

I'm testing it in a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with Jellybean 4.1

Default Testing on Xperia sp

Hi from Spain!

No problems installing, the first times that I tried to launch, the game crashed after loading stage for the tutorial. I changed settings in ram manager pro to gaming, but nothing.

But after rebooting phone, the game works great! Awsome graphichs, Music and smoothness. The game runs 10/10, at least at the first two stages, later ill test the rest.

I have an adreno 320, 1gb ram, and dual Core 1'7gh snapdragon krait. Runing stock 4.1.2(rooted), but waiting for the 4.3 update.

Only to say that you made a great work, and Thanks for bringing such a great game for us.
    One more thing, the text and voices are English with a spanish phone, but when It says "headshot" , the text is in Spanish.

Default Absolutely brilliant!!!!

Very well done. Love the graphics
    and mechanics, great story line and voice acting. The only bugs I have found thus far is, sometimes it becomes unresponsive to touch inputs, Like menu buttons and such. Once it is bug free it will be immensely popular. Fantastic job guys. Played on the Lg G2
    Last edited by Wessman; 02-19-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Default Question about game mechanic

I build a lot of recruitment offices, to increase my army, as the description says when im building my castle. I save the castle, and when playing it i can see it built, with the offices, but my maximum amount of troops is still at 6. Is it a bug, or the purpose of the offices is other?
    Btw I played a lot of missions, and the game is still running great.

Same for me installed no problem. Occasionally it will instantly crash on the opening of the app, and also experienced a bug in the upgrade menu. The tap detection is a little off. U have to tap it on a certain little point just to select another item or weapon. But other than that excellent game , masterfully designed, beautifully Flowing graphics. Even on my 720p display .

Im running a Spring LG g Flex .
    So the curved display really flows and looks different and a little more cinematic With this game. Compared to my other 720p phones. But all in all is going better than expected , So far .

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your feedback, everyone! All these details are very helpful!

Default Just Installed

Hi All-

I just got the game installed last night on my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 10.1 and did not have any issues.

The only thing I ran into like another user, was how to move the main character around when he had to go and wipe
    out the archers. Perhaps a small intro on how to control the character would help. Although experience from similar games helped me to figure it out.

-Ben

Lightbulb Multiplayer!!!

This android game SCREAMS Multiplayer! I mean seriously, if this had online multiplayer where I could build my own castle, like console version, then battle my friends or battle random player, wow, this game would certainly be first on top charts! Think about it?

Default First Impressions

Howdy,

I'm running CastleStorm on a HTC One. Looks great and I had a ton of fun hurling missiles at the tutorial opponent castle
    I was blown away by the animations and the interface was great looking. This title is top notch for a hand held device. I like games with the turret command aspect, and the combination of building destruction is really neat.

I few things I didn't like: being forced to use the "premium" currency. It's an easier pill for me to swallow if I just get a single free use of the special abilities. The advertising was too much, as I have discussed in the other thread. There have been a few crashes, but they didn't hurt my impressions of this title.

Keep up the great work.

Default Note 3

I clicked on the notification for the daily reward and the game crashed after the opening zen scene. I opened it back up and it worked fine.

nm, I see this is covered in a separate thread and is actually an issue with starting in portrait mode.
    Last edited by awinter; 02-20-2014 at 01:20 PM.

hey guys i installed castle storm on my HTC one X at the beginning i was able to play, (i was at home connect to wifi) but now that im not at home when i open it it starts crashing. is a cool game and i cant play it now, any ideas ?

Thumbs down Game crashing on launching on HTC one!

Hello team,

I installed the game and then tried loading it on HTC one but to my disappointment everytime after the intro cut scene its crashing throwing the error 'Unfortunately ,castlestorm has stopped'. Let me know if you can fix this and can provide a new build with the fix.

Best wishes,

Jennifer

Thanks for the crash reports! An update is coming out in a few hours that will fix the issue.
    Tamas Balog
    Head of Studio
    ZEN Studios

The Google Play Store says that there are eight playable heroes in the game, but on the main screen I can choose only between four of them. Are the other four heroes missing, or they will be unlockable/available after we buy the first three locked ones?

Tamás Balog. Szeva!
    Now I understand the Hungarian language in the game.

Default No response for vip mess up....

Here I am again bought vip but didn't get my Dimond or coin's....

The VIP issue should be resolved soon! Sorry for the delay.

Cool

Hello everybody!..
    Downloaded this one for a beta-test today, and I am very happy to have it installed on my Nexus 5!.. ^_=
    This is one of the TD games which I love..) thank you guys for a wonderful game, it's hard to find any good games of this genre nowadays!..
    the graphics are fantastic!.. the game is also fulfilled with good humor and that's gorgeous!))
    I suggest you guys to make voices for the heroes of the game (The King, the Protector and so on), sure it would make the game ever better!..
    second, it's four enormous campaigns to play!.. really great!..
    the gameplay is also fantastic - there are different good troops, magic and a ballista..)
    especially I loved the animation of the soldiers when they are struck by an arrow - funny, realistic and really great!..
    aaaaaand one feature makes this game very different from others..) I can send a hero to the battlefield - it's wonderful!..
    Finally, I would rate the game so: 12 points out of 12!.. I have never enjoyed a Tower-Defence game like this ever!..
    Thank you guys for such a tremendous game!..

btw, I found one bug which is told about by the people higher - "brag to Facebook" feature doesn't work, sure ypu guys should fix it!..

One more thing - that's also too many donation in upgrade menu I think... maybe you can do smt with that?..

also I found out one bug - when I am in the game and press my phone's power-button to turn the screen (not the device) off, and when I turn the screen on again and unlock the device, the game FC...

I also want to thank you devs for the wonderful voice in the prologue - I felt myself like in a saga, because all that the voice says is a beautiful poetry..)

Thanks so much for the feedback, hippik!

Default Vip download

How do you purchase the vip version? Hopefully it will also let me play beyond about the 6th battle! Thanks, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bill eckert View Post
    How do you purchase the vip version? Hopefully it will also let me play beyond about the 6th battle! Thanks, Bill
    After every battle, a message should pop-up telling you about the VIP offer($4.99). If that message isn't popping up for you, the devs may have disabled it for some reason.

Or try restarting the game, restarting your phone, clear game's cache, etc.

Will I lose my progress if I try to uninstall and download again?

Will I lose my progress if I try to uninstall and download again?
    Currently yes, you will. However, VIP status and No-Ad purchase would remain.
    Tamas Balog
    Head of Studio
    ZEN Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Currently yes, you will. However, VIP status and No-Ad purchase would remain.
    Hi, I purchased the VIP and uninstalled and then downloaded the app again. Same problem. After
    Completing the strike battle, game freezes when
    Trying next story or side battle. Any suggestions?. Thanks, Bill

Default broken file

Is it possible that the file on
    The store site is corrupted? Would a slow or intermittant wifi cause a bad download?

Hi,
    The date on the store isn't corrupted, so it must be a connection issue.
    Tamas Balog
    Head of Studio
    ZEN Studios

Default new download

Hi, I downloaded the file again after deleting the app I was playing. The same problem as before,game freezes when trying to get past the strike battle. The Vip showed ok. Other than
    The movement of the hero with that floating
    Button does not work well for me, the game is
    Much better than playing on the psvita. I hope
    We can figure out a solution, so, I am willing
    To try anything you need! I have a Samsung 2.0 7 tablet running 4.1.2 Thanks for your time and interest. Have Fun, Bill

Hi,
    I downloaded the game, played it, loved it, beautiful, gameplay's excellent, humor's great, etc. Have the same problem as bill eckert though. Game freezes, exits to main menu or restarts phone when I try to start any stage after 'Strike'. Is there anything I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by 1robdrunkinsno View Post
    Hi,
    I downloaded the game, played it, loved it, beautiful, gameplay's excellent, humor's great, etc. Have the same problem as bill eckert though. Game freezes, exits to main menu or restarts phone when I try to start any stage after 'Strike'. Is there anything I can do?
    Could you please send me your Android version and device type? Thanks,
    Tamas Balog
    Head of Studio
    ZEN Studios

Default Game Play is GREAT!!

I have ZERO issues and have found no issue with any gameplay and/or quality of play/graphics/etc... Nothing froze, nothing FC'd, nothing lagged. This is a great game, I've played RTS games like AOWE, but never a tower defense type game. It took some getting used to, but it is hella fun!

I have a MotoX Running Android 4.4.2.

Great job devs!

grahrk

Quote Originally Posted by grahrk View Post
    I have ZERO issues and have found no issue with any gameplay and/or quality of play/graphics/etc... Nothing froze, nothing FC'd, nothing lagged. This is a great game, I've played RTS games like AOWE, but never a tower defense type game. It took some getting used to, but it is hella fun!

I have a MotoX Running Android 4.4.2.

Great job devs!

grahrk
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback! So glad it hasn't given you any trouble

Castle Storm uses Open SSL v. 1.0.1e which is vulnerable to heartbleed.

This should be patched ASAP, I will be removing castle storm until it is patched and publicly announced.

Quote Originally Posted by n3tizen View Post
    Castle Storm uses Open SSL v. 1.0.1e which is vulnerable to heartbleed.

This should be patched ASAP, I will be removing castle storm until it is patched and publicly announced.
    Just to confirm, there is nothing to worry about with this, we have made sure there are no issues with this with any of our apps.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 05-06-2014 at 01:08 PM.

CastleStorm - Free to Siege will release on iOS, Google Play and Amazon on May 8th!

Thanks to those of you who joined our Android beta and provided valuable feedback!

Default Store App

Do I need to download the store app? If so, will I keep my progress, gems, and achievments? Bill Eckert

Do I need to download the store app? If so, will I keep my progress, gems, and achievments? Bill Eckert
    The plan was to have everyone keep all their progress but I will find out details and let you know if you need to update/download anything.

Update: No need to download anything, and do not delete the current version as that will delete your progress. So, no need to take any action, just keep on playing
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 05-07-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Default Bug Delete

I found a bug, you cant delete a word when being capslock. I found this when i rename my castle.