Thread: [BUG] Bought VIP, now Castle Storm will not start

Default [BUG] Bought VIP, now Castle Storm will not start

Yesterday I bought VIP on my Nexus 10, mostly to get rid of the Ads. I didn't get the bonuses but that isn't a problem as I figured they would be delayed just like free gems were.

However, today I cannot even start Castle Storm. As soon as I open it, the app crashes, I have already cleared the cache and there is no change. Here's a screen recording of what happens.

Now suffering the same problem
    Henry Ford - "don't find fault, find remedy"

Thanks for the reports (and video!) - we will have the VIP issue resolved soon!

This issue should be fixed in the update coming out in a few hours. VIP bonus gold & gems will be sent out early next week.
    Tamas Balog
    Head of Studio
    ZEN Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    This issue should be fixed in the update coming out in a few hours. VIP bonus gold & gems will be sent out early next week.
    Thx Immortal. I finally got around to downloading the update, trying to make sure it worked and ended up getting sucked into playing for a while before i came back to let you know that things are working.

I am getting a notification as soon as the app opens that the Google Play log in integration was successful. Everything is looking great so far with some minor glitches i'll log separately.

Edit to add: after playing once and closing the app, re-opening causes a similar crash to occur again, but clearing the cache will get it to start. However on start there is no indication of the Google Play log in integration on the loading screen like there was the first time I started the app post update.
    Last edited by n3tizen; 02-22-2014 at 03:50 AM.