Thread: Pinball FX2 is coming to Xbox One!

Default Pinball FX2 is coming to Xbox One!

We're bringing Pinball FX2 to Xbox One this spring! You can find our full GDC news post on our blog. I will post details on release dates, tables, etc, as soon as I can

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Now I just need to somehow acquire an Xbox One

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I hope there is a "cross buy" thing. I own a good amount of tables on the PF2 X360 version, and it will be great to have theses tables on Xbox One.

Quote Originally Posted by kelanflyter View Post
    I hope there is a "cross buy" thing. I own a good amount of tables on the PF2 X360 version, and it will be great to have theses tables on Xbox One.
    Ditto. It was fantastic when us original Pinball FX owners got the tables for free when Pinball FX 2 was released. It'd be nice if longevity of support was further rewarded in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by kelanflyter View Post
    just tweeted the same quistion. I Had all the table on XBLA, a lot on steam and Android and I'll be not so happy to pay again the same tables on xbox one

I got also the Juventus table... Oh gut AWESOME idea the soccer table, here in Italy you just made BINGO

Well I guess this is good news for Xbox1 owners but I incorrectly assumed that the reason it was taking so long to come to Xbox was that FX3 was going to launch on that platform (and then hopefully trickle down to Steam). I wonder what happened to FX3. I was hoping for some next gen dynamic lighting, improved physics and maybe some new game features, modes, custom tournaments, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Well I guess this is good news for Xbox1 owners but I incorrectly assumed that the reason it was taking so long to come to Xbox was that FX3 was going to launch on that platform (and then hopefully trickle down to Steam). I wonder what happened to FX3. I was hoping for some next gen dynamic lighting, improved physics and maybe some new game features, modes, custom tournaments, etc.
    Yes exactly. I was wondering the same thing. What has happened to FX3????

All resources diverted to making games for mobile phones and tablets Im guessing.

In some ways Im not surprised. You can see the way its been going for a while now. Just churn out the same old tables on as many platforms as possible rather than innovate new product.

Default What happened to Pinball FX3?

Zen staff have alluded to this many times over the last couple of years.

In fact at one point there was even a feeling on the forums that it might be an Xbox 360 release.
    When that didn’t happen I think most people accepted that it was too late in the day and assumed it would be an Xbone game instead.

But now it seems not. What happened Zen?

PFX3 is still going to happen, but getting PFX2 onto Xbox One was an important step toward PFX3.

Are you allowed to explain further?

Some may perceive re-releasing FX2 as the cheap and easy option.
    Ive seen this news described today on other forums as ‘milking’ and a ‘cash in’.

Maybe if they understood the reasons it would seem more acceptable?

Maybe releasing PBFX2 would make importing games to PBFX3 much easier. Just speculating.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Maybe releasing PBFX2 would make importing games to PBFX3 much easier. Just speculating.
    *cough* on the right track *cough*

Excuse me :P

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    PFX3 is still going to happen, but getting PFX2 onto Xbox One was an important step toward PFX3.
    Good for the Xbox One guys. Living in South Africa, where our currency has taken a huge knock against the US dollar in the last half a year, I'll will definitely not be getting a Xbox One soon. The only thing that will hurry up any decision of mine to buy an Xbox One (or PS4 for that matter if their respective new title is first) will be if FX 3 is released and it blows minds and it is not released for Xbox 360 also. Alipan is right, talk about FX 3 and then later an inbetween FX 2.5 was rife around three years ago... we all remember
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

*cough* on the right track *cough*

Excuse me :P
    Here's a virtual glass of water for you.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Hopefully there will be a better solution to table selection than the ever decreasing sized squares

KickBeaten Down

I believe this will mark the transition from Microsoft-published to self-published for the Pinball FX series, as Microsoft is opening up the Xbox ecosystem to allow for this (self-publishing was previously not allowed; only certified publishers with products in the retail channel could publish digitally, which was silly).

This will be beneficial for FX3 in multiple ways, including the ability to publish new entries in the FX series on other platforms (like PC). I hope so, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I believe this will mark the transition from Microsoft-published to self-published for the Pinball FX series, as Microsoft is opening up the Xbox ecosystem to allow for this (self-publishing was previously not allowed; only certified publishers with products in the retail channel could publish digitally, which was silly).

This will be beneficial for FX3 in multiple ways, including the ability to publish new entries in the FX series on other platforms (like PC). I hope so, anyway.
    Will it allow more frequent patches ?

Greetings,

Any news on a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by UseLessUK View Post
    Greetings,

Any news on a release date?
    Not yet, but I'll post as soon as we have any news

We're bringing Pinball FX2 to Xbox One this spring! You can find our full GDC news post on our blog. I will post details on release dates, tables, etc, as soon as I can
    You said 'Spring'. We are in May, so does it mean June?

What about playing our xbox360 purchased tables on Xbox One?

Quote Originally Posted by videjuca View Post
    You said 'Spring'. We are in May, so does it mean June?

What about playing our xbox360 purchased tables on Xbox One?
    I'm curious about this too, aren't there like 50 tables now? I'd hate to have to buy them all over again when I eventually get an Xbox One (waiting for Dragon Age Inquisition to make the buy)

Quote Originally Posted by boyjohn View Post
    I'm curious about this too, aren't there like 50 tables now? I'd hate to have to buy them all over again when I eventually get an Xbox One (waiting for Dragon Age Inquisition to make the buy)
    No word on this yet - still working out the details.

Default E3 isn't over but...

E3 isn't over, but I kind of expected big news about Pinball FX, and Xbox One.

Last entry on this messageboard said it was it was supposed to be released in Spring of this year. Less than 2 weeks left til Summer.

Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by OSPerry View Post
    E3 isn't over, but I kind of expected big news about Pinball FX, and Xbox One.

Last entry on this messageboard said it was it was supposed to be released in Spring of this year. Less than 2 weeks left til Summer.

Just sayin...
    Yep

I was pretty sure that xbox one version would come during E3... But no. So? Can't wait!

Default Great

Along the same lines of this thread, I am new to Pinball FX2, and I like the ability to still BUY the older tables for $2.49 as I build my collection.

I'll probably get an xbox one later, I am an old guy who gets systems after they have become mainstream. So I hope the port over feature is also there for xbox one.

I was just checking in on the same thing; I am thinking of getting an Xbox One this fall and would love to be able to import the tables I've already purchased into PFX2.

Please make it happen Zen, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PainkillerJTL View Post
    I was just checking in on the same thing; I am thinking of getting an Xbox One this fall and would love to be able to import the tables I've already purchased into PFX2.

Please make it happen Zen, thanks!
    I don't think that will happen. Much like Zen pinball 2 the PS4 was only getting the tables that they listed but for free or something. They have no plans on bringing the tables that weren't on the list at least to my Knowledge.

Even so that is the sole reason I have yet to purchase a new console. I'm pretty much been irked by the fact that the new consoles try and get us to pay for games we already purchased on the PS3 or XBOX 360 with it's 'ultimate new rendered edition' or 'Ultimate collection edition'. I understand that there are those that bought the PS4 or XBOX 1 have yet to play those games but still.

I digress I know it's a different story altogether.

All I ask is that it's released some time before I die of old age. You have maybe 50 years.

It's just that FX3 was announced well over two years ago and has seemingly disappeared into the ether. Just saying.

I'm calling my shot now. Pinball FX2 for the XBOX One will release the same week as The Walking Dead table.

Default Update Us!

Not yet, but I'll post as soon as we have any news
    Obviously spring is over from the OP. Can we get an update as to what quarter this game will come out in? Are we looking at summer (before September 21, 2014 or are we going past?

Pinball FX 2 is one of my very favourite franchises. My XB One life feels incomplete without it...

Pinball FX 2 on XB One would complete me!

Please, Please, Please update us!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRatt View Post
    Obviously spring is over from the OP. Can we get an update as to what quarter this game will come out in? Are we looking at summer (before September 21, 2014 or are we going past?

Pinball FX 2 is one of my very favourite franchises. My XB One life feels incomplete without it...

Pinball FX 2 on XB One would complete me!

Please, Please, Please update us!
    Just waiting on our final confirmation for a release date, I should have solid news for you all any day now!

I'm confused... Pinball FX never appeared on the OG Xbox, it was only on the Xbox 360, and even then, you were only able to download the packs of original tables for Pinball FX 2 if you already owned them on the original.

Sony doesn't have it all their own way though, PS3/PS Vita Pinball Arcade tables are not crossbuy with PS4, I can't speak for Zen Pinball 2 though, as I don't own a PS4 myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by katkill View Post

Steven Hopper is quoted saying "...table imports were not possible between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of Pinball FX2 due to technical limitations and platform differences." I'm guessing that there were no technical limitations between Pinball FX on the original Xbox to the Xbox 360 and being able to have people re-download tables for the 360 that they purchased on the Xbox? From what I remember, tables weren't "imported" between systems. The tables were re-downloaded on the 360.
    ?
    We never had a game on the original Xbox. Our first pinball game, Pinball FX was released on Xbox 360 in 2005, so any transferred tables between Pinball FX and Pinball FX2 would have been entirely within the Xbox 360.

We are pushing to get some sort of imports for the Xbox One version, as I've said above. I'll post news when I have more info.

Heh, deleted my post since I saw all the responses in the FAQ thread and didn't realize you had responded to me. Sorry about that. It's been a while since the Pinball FX was released and had thought it was on the original Xbox.

But I still hold to my purchase history idea! Posted that on the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by katkill View Post
    Heh, deleted my post since I saw all the responses in the FAQ thread and didn't realize you had responded to me. Sorry about that. It's been a while since the Pinball FX was released and had thought it was on the original Xbox.

But I still hold to my purchase history idea! Posted that on the other thread.
    No worries, and thanks!

Pinball FX2 is Coming to Xbox One This Month

Pinball FX2 is finally coming to Xbox One! Zen Studios Community Manager Bobby Loertscher shares details, date, and the all-important table list below:

We know you’ve been eagerly awaiting the next-gen release of Pinball FX2, and we are happy to say that it will be here this month! On July 31st, you’ll be able to play many of your favorite tables on Xbox One, all running at 60 frames per second and in stunning 1080p. As always, downloading Pinball FX2 is totally free for all players, with playable demos of each table so you can try before you buy. This version will also include the Sorcerer’s Lair table absolutely free!

Our launch day table library includes the following:

Deadpool
    Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within: Episode IV A New Hope, Han Solo, Droids, Masters of the Force
    Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Darth Vader
    Star Wars Pinball Original pack: Episode V, Boba Fett, The Clone Wars
    Doctor Strange
    Zen Classics: Shaman, El Dorado, Tesla and V12
    Pinball FX2 Core pack: Biolab, Pasha, Rome, Secrets of the Deep
    Marvel Civil War
    Plants VS. Zombies
    Marvel Pinball pack: Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade
    Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles: World War Hulk, Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Fear Itself
    Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue: Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor, and X-Men
    Epic Quest
    Paranormal
    Sorcerer’s Lair
    Captain America
    Fantastic Four
    Mars
    Earth Defense
    Excalibur
    More tables including The Walking Dead will also be added later on! News coming soon. Prices for tables range between $2.49 and $2.99 for single tables, and $9.99 for table packs. We’ve set up an FAQ page on our forums for those of you with questions, but don’t hesitate to let us know what you think in the comments below!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please either do not port over the Soccer table or better yet if you do please dont let each teams version count toward the overall scoreboard. I just read some posts about how it's too late to change that in your current games so here's hoping you folks can fix that beforehand.
    However I guess that won't even matter to me if purchased tables end up being non transferable. There's too many good games out there or coming out that I haven't played yet for me to spend money on games/tables I already have instead. I guess you will allow it if you can so good luck for that.

And pretty please, let us kill that annoying, bounces while he walks boy in the Walking Dead table. God he got on my nerves. I stopped watching when the show got bad after the 3rd season but I never liked that kid

Quote Originally Posted by Llabnip View Post
    Please either do not port over the Soccer table or better yet if you do please dont let each teams version count toward the overall scoreboard. I just read some posts about how it's too late to change that in your current games so here's hoping you folks can fix that beforehand.
    However I guess that won't even matter to me if purchased tables end up being non transferable. There's too many good games out there or coming out that I haven't played yet for me to spend money on games/tables I already have instead. I guess you will allow it if you can so good luck for that.

And pretty please, let us kill that annoying, bounces while he walks boy in the Walking Dead table. God he got on my nerves. I stopped watching when the show got bad after the 3rd season but I never liked that kid
    This one is based directly from he video game by TellTale. Which of course has some comic book elements from TWD.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I hope you guys bust your butts to get MS to agree to cross-buy.

I have 90% of the tables on Xbox 360 and there's no way I'm spending another $70 to buy them again on XB1.

Please make MS fix this. It's really bad publicity for both Zen and Microsoft.

I'm so disappointed. I was going to buy the newish star wars packs but no way if this isn't rectified for the supporters of Zen on Xbox.

Default Feeling angry...

I bought almost every pinball table on my Xbox 360...if I can't keep the games I already bought on my 360 on my Xbox one I will never buy anything from Zen Studios again. My Xbox gamer tag is Noapologies. I will gladly continue to buy your games if you do the right thing and not make us repurchase games we already bought. I was really looking forward to the new walking dead table...I hope you fix this...

Default Xbox One version of Pinball FX2

This is the very first forum I've ever registered for and I felt inclined to do so after hearing the news that Pinball FX2 tables purchased on 360 will not carry over to Xbox One. I've been a fan of your games since the first Pinball FX. I've read that you guys are still trying your best to make this happen and I wish you guys luck. I wish there is something that the fans could do to help. I've been an Xbox fan since day one but there's only so many pushes you can take as a customer before you will give up on a brand and go to greener pastures. Like many of your customers, I'm moving away from my 360 and will not be rebuying content I have just purchased on 360 and won't be buying more tables as a result. I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth through no fault of your own. Your work and effort has always shown through and I'm looking forward to see what you make down the road. Love you guys!
    Last edited by Kevin; 07-17-2014 at 05:25 AM.

Greetings,

Brilliant that a release date has been decided.

I also bought all the FX tables, and was surprised when I got FX 2 that the FX tables were updated for use with FX 2 free of charge. It was a nice touch. Since then I have also bought all the FX 2 tables, except the football ones as not a fan of football. However I don't expect to get all the 360 FX 2 tables on the Xbox One for free, it would be nice but may be better to avoid your finance people having heart attacks.

A company cannot just continue to give stuff away and expect to survive, so I for one will buy tables for the Xbox One, except any football ones, in order to show my support.

I must say that the Super League Football table, playing as the Zen Studios team, is really well done, and this is coming from someone that can't stand football in real life!

Xbox 360 to Xbox One transfers are GO! Check out this update for info!