Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within

Default Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within

Announcing our next 4-table pack, Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within! Details and trailer on the Zen Studios blog!

Heroes Within includes:

• Han Solo
    • Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
    • Star Wars Pinball: Droids
    • Star Wars Pinball: Masters of the Force

The pack will release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Steam, iOS, Google Play, Amazon and the Mac App Store later this Spring.

Hi Barbiebobomb,

I noticed the WiiU is not mentioned. Does this mean the WiiU version will be released later, or that there will not be a WiiU version?

About time, these tables take way too long to release.

But why does Chewie looks like an animated log.
    Last edited by Casio; 03-25-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tfhfony View Post
    Hi Barbiebobomb,

I noticed the WiiU is not mentioned. Does this mean the WiiU version will be released later, or that there will not be a WiiU version?
    As always, we're behind on Wii U - I'll post news when I have it. (Sorry, I know, super lame answer that no one wants to hear)

The episode 4 table released after the episode 5 and 6 ones, is kinda disturbing...
    Finally, on 10 tables, we don't have any table about something in episode 1 to 3, except the "construction" of Darth Vader.
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

I love the fact that there aren't any prequel tables. Can't wait for this final set!

A four pack - thats good.

Such a shame there are no achievements for Xbox 360 anymore or I would definately have been buying this.

omg they look amazing
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    As always, we're behind on Wii U - I'll post news when I have it. (Sorry, I know, super lame answer that no one wants to hear)

Maybe i'm wrong, but in thoses kind of announcement, i think it's better to telle people "A Wii U version will arrive later" than not mentionning the plateform at all.
    A lot of web site will think that Wii U won't get the content and that will not help the wii u verison to sell.

Also i think the Pinball FX 2 for Xbox one will also get the tables no ?

Looks great - I'll purchase day one on Android and Xbox360.

Quote Originally Posted by kelanflyter View Post

Also i think the Pinball FX 2 for Xbox one will also get the tables no ?
    We can't announce DLC for a game that isn't out yet - will post when we have more info, of course.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Can't wait to see the other Tables in action.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

The little gimmicks on the Han Solo table look really interesting.

A New Hope looks like another table by deep. Stacked modes galore incoming.

Why no picture of the Masters of the Force table?

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    The little gimmicks on the Han Solo table look really interesting.

Why no picture of the Masters of the Force table?
    Masters isn't quite ready to be shown off yet, but Game Informer did a little impressions post about the set

It seems like deep is finishing up the trilogy with Ep IV. Makes sense. Should be a great table.

I think Zoltan Vari designed the Solo table. I think his last design was Fear Itself (still my favorite), so I'm interested to see his follow up.

I can't make out any names on Droids and there is no image of Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    It seems like deep is finishing up the trilogy with Ep IV. Makes sense. Should be a great table.

I think Zoltan Vari designed the Solo table. I think his last design was Fear Itself (still my favorite), so I'm interested to see his follow up.

I can't make out any names on Droids and there is no image of Masters.

The Episode IV is a very intense table I think Hint: 3 mini playfields, transforming bumper area, moving Death Star...
    Zoltan designed the Solo, and the Masters of the Force tables (Boba Fett too), Droids belongs to Croftanator

Nice, looking forward to it and finally we have a character with a moving mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    The Episode IV is a very intense table I think Hint: 3 mini playfields, transforming bumper area, moving Death Star...
    Zoltan designed the Solo, and the Masters of the Force tables (Boba Fett too), Droids belongs to Croftanator
    Did Croftanator design Rebel Assault? If so I would be interested in seeing the Droid table for his second one. I really liked that table.

So with the final Pack coming which has been everyone's favorite? For me it has been in order

Rebel Assualt
    Episode VI
    Boba Fett
    Episode V
    Clone Wars
    Darth Vader

Can't wait to play this new pack

By the way... Keep up the constant release of new tables. Dr strange in December, Super league in February.... At this rate a table or pack every other or every 2-3 months would be sweet!

Masters isn't quite ready to be shown off yet, but Game Informer did a little impressions post about the set
    Masters of the Force
    Zen Studios is still working on Masters of the Force, and as such isn't releasing any screens of the table just yet. Focusing on the eternal conflict between good and evil, Masters of the Force splits the table down the middle. Performing shots and modes on the left side of the table aids the Sith; the right side of the table is devoted to Star Wars' classic Jedi masters. The table's main modes center on famous lightsaber duels between Sith and Jedi masters; completing them (along with various hurry-up modes) sways the balance of the force to one side or the other. The balance of the force affects the difficulty of various modes, the amount of end-of-ball bonus points you receive, and opens up new table features. Despite some obvious placeholder art in the preview build we played, Masters of the Force has an interesting premise and play flowed nicely.

Ooh sounds interesting especially the Bold part. The premise seems to bode well for those that like challenging tables. This one sounds the most interesting to me.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 03-25-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Did Croftanator design Rebel Assault? If so I would be interested in seeing the Droid table for his second one. I really liked that table.
    Nope, that table was the creation of Ypok, a relative newbie designer. Croftanator did Super League Football.

Looking forward to those beautys.

Especially looking forward to the Droid table. Other than most people I'm a big fan of them even though they're useless. However they're pretty funny. Roger roger
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 03-25-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Awesome! Here's hoping that later Spring doesn't mean June 17/18.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Awesome! Here's hoping that later Spring doesn't mean June 17/18.
    The game informer article mentioned that they were looking at end of April. Han solo trailer this week. Another Next week plus 2 more and the release announcement, I can see that happen.

Make it So!..... Oops wrong Universe.

Ooo, these look really nice

Can't wait to give them a spin, I've watched the trailer a few times now and it really does look cool. I spy some magnets too... YEH!!

The tables look awesome guys Han Solo looks great and a lot of fun to play, albeit the air will be blue though lol. Really looking forward to these, especially episode IV. Soooooo, whose doing the episode VII table? (cough) lol

Seeing that they are still working hard at finalising some of the tables, I would really rather prefer if Zen hold back the release a couple of weeks other than releasing buggy tables. So, I'm glad that there is not a set release date yet.

Red face

Awesome news Zen, cant wait to play these next four. We're spoiled but I love it !

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Awesome news Zen, cant wait to play these next four. We're spoiled but I love it !
    I agree! 4 tables for the same price does seem generous, even by Zen's standards

I'm hoping they thought they might as well release all 4 as they have so much other good stuff lined up to release, keep it coming I say!!

Nice, Zen!
    Can we get them with stereo music on Steam this time?

Whats the price? 10$?

EDIT: Found it out, thank you very much. hopefully its this month.
    Last edited by zp2fannnn; 04-01-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Im hoping this month too, its going to be hard to pick out of 4 which to play first. We'll be playing for hours and days non stop. My guess is mid may..

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Im hoping this month too, its going to be hard to pick out of 4 which to play first. We'll be playing for hours and days non stop. My guess is mid may..
    Be an excellent time for release, what with Easter being around the corner! I'll be jumping straight into the New Hope table as it's the film that started the whole shebang lol. Looking forward to Crofts Droids too, I got a soft spot for ol' R2

Default Star Wars Pinball – Episode IV – A New Hope

"Great shot, kid, that was one in a million!"

The trailer for Episode IV - A New Hope is live on the Zen blog! Enjoy!

"Great shot, kid, that was one in a million!"

The trailer for Episode IV - A New Hope is live on the Zen blog! Enjoy!
    Looks so cool! Loving Those flippers under the playfield

In the words of Barbie AWWWWW YISSS!!

Looks like another great table from deep. I see that some inspiration was taken from Black Hole. It looks like it plays fast and I think it has the more active slingshots which I like. Kind of a bummer that the Death Star mode was spoiled in the trailer. I would have liked to discover that myself. That center playfield seems to change quite a bit. I kept trying to figure out how to feed the balls to the different habitrails but the playfield kept changing on me. It looks like a lot of fun and should wrap up the original trilogy quite nicely.

Looks like another great table from deep. I see that some inspiration was taken from Black Hole. It looks like it plays fast and I think it has the more active slingshots which I like. Kind of a bummer that the Death Star mode was spoiled in the trailer. I would have liked to discover that myself. That center playfield seems to change quite a bit. I kept trying to figure out how to feed the balls to the different habitrails but the playfield kept changing on me. It looks like a lot of fun and should wrap up the original trilogy quite nicely.
    Don't worry, there is still many other stuff to discover The playfield can change 6 ways if I count it correctly And yes, I stick with the more powerful slingshots, tried to tweak them not to be too punishing

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    And yes, I stick with the more powerful slingshots, tried to tweak them not to be too punishing

More! Want More Tweaked Slingshots for all the table that have ever been released.

More! Want More Tweaked Slingshots for all the table that have ever been released.
    I agree with you tenorhero!!

I'm really looking forward to this one Poor ol' Obi, becoming sabre coleslaw again lol. The playfields look awesome btw

yes! new tables hopefully i've finished up my backlog before the new tables hits

We have one image for The Masters of the Force, it is the image that you click in-game. It is a picture of Yoda and the Emperor. So it looks like it'll be an Episode III table or something related to possibly all the jedi/sith from some point, AWESOME!
    Last edited by jagmarky; 04-04-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Default Heroes Within Release date + Droids table trailer!

Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within releases the week of April 29th, in time for Star Wars day, May the 4th! Check out the trailer for the Droids table, and may the Force be with you!

So pumped

Still no mention of a Windows 8 release? Is it not coming out on that platform?

Thumbs up

Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within releases the week of April 29th, in time for Star Wars day, May the 4th! Check out the trailer for the Droids table, and may the Force be with you!
    Wow that was fast I thought mid may would be the release date. Thanks for the great news Barbie, just a little over two weeks left and 4 awesome new tables to play. X-mas comes earlier every year. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygeta View Post
    Use Steam.

Cool

Any info on the next table afterward?

JK. Great way to end the month. So looking forward to it.

Droid table doesn't look as interesting as the others but that's what I said about X-men and look how deep that table was. Still looking forward to it.

Next week Masters of the Force trailer. Well maybe but that would be very very cool.

Looks like its set on that Jawa mover thingy. I bet its pretty fast paced too lol OOOKIKI

Quote Originally Posted by Taygeta View Post
    We have a massive update coming to Win 8 so once that happens we can do more DLC!

The A New Hope trailer on the Zen Blog is coming up with removed due to copyright... is anyone else getting this?

Anyway pumped for the end of the month, i love these Star Wars tables. Ive been playing the free Android Star Wars game to death lately by no coincidence but by god its getting me hyped for some more of these tables. Especially keen to see Han Solo effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    The A New Hope trailer on the Zen Blog is coming up with removed due to copyright... is anyone else getting this?

Anyway pumped for the end of the month, i love these Star Wars tables. Ive been playing the free Android Star Wars game to death lately by no coincidence but by god its getting me hyped for some more of these tables. Especially keen to see Han Solo effort.
    Yeah we have an appeal on it, just waiting for good old YouTube to review it... yaaaaay

We'll post another trailer next week, hopefully it lasts longer than A New Hope did!

Live stream w/ PSNation tomorrow at 3pm pacific! Get ready to check out gameplay of Heroes Within!

Live stream w/ PSNation tomorrow at 3pm pacific! Get ready to check out gameplay of Heroes Within!

Oooh tempting.

I would assume it's just the 3 tables from which the trailers have been released. I'm really interested in seeing Masters of the Force more so now and I know the trailer isn't till next week.

Oooh tempting.

I would assume it's just the 3 tables from which the trailers have been released. I'm really interested in seeing Masters of the Force more so now and I know the trailer isn't till next week.
    Yep - just the 3 tables for now... Masters is still a secret!

Yep - just the 3 tables for now... Masters is still a secret!
    Can't wait! Am I the only person wondering if Masters is intentionally being kept under wraps or if there's some sort of problem?... I really hope it's the former.

I'm super excited for this. We've been having some good pinball goodness as of lately.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I'm super excited for this. We've been having some good pinball goodness as of lately.
    I'll say! Between the frequent updates from Zen and Farsight (Pinball Arcade), I've been playing quite a few fantastic tables. Now if only Farsight will hurry it up and release out Black Knight 2000, High Speed and Who Dunnit on the PS3. I would be really happy. I don't mind playing them on my tablet, but I really like to play pinball with buttons.

Nice to see the tables in action. All 3 are beautiful to look. Although no much was shown as far as missions etc. (Which actually is a good thing) What I seen make the 10-11 day wait seem like a long way off.

Masters of the Force sound interesting. I hope it's as challenging as Glenn said. Looking forward to that trailer as well.

Plus the fact that you said several tables being announced later this spring/Summer's got me pumped.

Long live Pinball! and may the multi-ball force be with you!

I'll say! Between the frequent updates from Zen and Farsight (Pinball Arcade), I've been playing quite a few fantastic tables. Now if only Farsight will hurry it up and release out Black Knight 2000, High Speed and Who Dunnit on the PS3. I would be really happy. I don't mind playing them on my tablet, but I really like to play pinball with buttons.
    Likewise my friend. I can't wait for Whodunnit and BK2000! I loved those tables back in the day. Yeah Zen is spoiling us as well. I'm just ecstatic to be a pinball fan right now. I've been motivated to finish wizard modes and standard/wizard goals all alike across both games. We'll see what happens.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Default Masters of the Force

The final table for Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within revealed!

Check out Masters of the Force on the Zen Blog!

The final table for Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within revealed!

Check out Masters of the Force on the Zen Blog!

Holy !%*&@! This table looks incredible. It didn't go into detail on what the table was about like the other Blogs but man. Is it like Starfighter where it's just aesthetics which side you pick? or the side you pick more revolved around the gameplay?

Zen, you certainly outdone yourselves on these table. Next week can't come fast enough.

So...the order I will play these tables,

Droids
    Han Solo
    Episode IV
    Masters of the Force

Deep mentioned that Zoltan Vari did Solo and Masters of Force. He did Fear Itself which is my favorite table and i can see the similarities with the moving targets. Solo does look interesting but not as much as Masters. Way to go Zoltan!!!
    Last edited by tenorhero; 04-22-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Holy !%*&@! This table looks incredible. It didn't go into detail on what the table was about like the other Blogs but man. Is it like Starfighter where it's just aesthetics which side you pick? or the side you pick more revolved around the gameplay?

Zen, you certainly outdone yourselves on these table. Next week can't come fast enough.

So...the order I will play these tables,

Droids
    Han Solo
    Episode IV
    Masters of the Force
    I definitely agree with that order. That was the order I said I would play them in as well.

Masters Of The Force is the best looking Star Wars table, in my humblest opinion. I mean, wow...the detail that went into the table and how it looks and plays definitely makes it look like the best SW table. I'll save final judgement until I play them. These tables just look incredible. Kudos to Zen and big ups to Deep and the rest of the table designers!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I'll be joining @PSNation in about 5 minutes to show gameplay of the Masters of the Force table on twitch.tv/psnation

If you miss it, they usually upload the streams to their youtube channel.

I'll be joining @PSNation in about 5 minutes to show gameplay of the Masters of the Force table on twitch.tv/psnation

If you miss it, they usually upload the streams to their youtube channel.
    That's the first time I've actually managed to watch a stream live

The table looks amazing, it's probably too early so say the best looking table of them all but I'm willing to stick my neck out and say it. If it plays half as good as it looks we are in for some serious fun!

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    That's the first time I've actually managed to watch a stream live

The table looks amazing, it's probably too early so say the best looking table of them all but I'm willing to stick my neck out and say it. If it plays half as good as it looks we are in for some serious fun!
    Thanks for watching!

Thanks for watching!
    I gotta agree with the others; these new tables have raised the bar AGAIN. I really can't wait to see what the tables look like in 2015!

I want to chime in as well to say that this whole pack looks incredible! I feel like the designers are really trying to up the ante this time!

And giving us a pack of four for no extra charge? Does any other game studio reward its customers the way Zen does? Doubtful.

Thanks so much and well done to all of you. Will be picking up this pack for my PS3 and Vita without a moment's hesitation

Thanks for watching!
    Looks fantastic! 2 orbit LOCK points look interesting. Sorry don't want to diss Glenn but he has to learn that you could just allow the ball to bounce off the flipper or trap the ball so you can be more accurate with your shots. Anyways Slightly disappointed that the mini-game portion is identical for Dark and Light side other than art but no biggy.

Notes on the Droid table. Looks like it has a nice flow. I found it interesting that there was a timer on locking the ball after one of the missions.

Mission don't look overly complex shoot the Lanes where 'SHOT' is lit. Well I'm jumping the gun. Will have to play in order to delve into each table.

Kudos to Zen the Designers on bringing some new aspects to each table. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the months/years ahead.

Thumbs up

wow the motf table looks awesome, the colors remind me of the excalibur table. only 6 more days, cant come soon enough.

Really looking forward to the tables, a big thank you to Zen, the designers, et al!

After only occasionally playing Pinball the last few years, finally got back into it this past weekend, after a XBL friend sent me a score challenge. He also reminded me of the spring sale, so I picked up some more tables, cool. The gameplay and designs are simply stunning, I regret not playing PFX2 sooner! I will have to add some more cash to my XBL acct, so I can download right away on Tues.

Will a SW tournament follow shortly behind the release? Possibly on "May the 4th"? (hint hint)
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

only 4 more days !!

Wow. Very nice! Love the star wars tables. Some crazy designs There!
    And it seems that a little more humor is coming to sw on zen.
    Actually I'm looking forward to the droid table due to it's more simplistic design (for zen stsndards). And I noticed the T2 reference at the end of the trailer
    Direct hit!

For those who love going for them (like me), here's the Trophy list for the new table pack for the PS3.

Star Wars Pinball

Security Override
    Successfully hack the terminal in the R2-D2 minigame on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Droids™ table.

Mining Operation
    Have the Ore Processor and Magnet Crane multiballs running at the same time on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Droids™ table.

Escape The Sandcrawler
    Complete the 5 main missions and start the Wizard Mode to help R2-D2 and C-3PO escape the sandcrawler on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Droids™ table.

Going somewhere, Solo?
    Hit a Greedo target in the Cantina minigame on Star Wars™ Pinball: Episode IV A New Hope table.

First step into a larger world
    Complete a Training mode on Star Wars™ Pinball: Episode IV A New Hope table.

Great shot, kid. That was one in a million.
    Complete the final mode and defeat the Empire on Star Wars™ Pinball: Episode IV A New Hope table.

Never tell me the odds!
    Emerge the third bumper and make enough bumper hits, then enter the asteroid field on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Han Solo table.

This place can be a little rough
    Hit all targets in the Mos Eisley cantina to meet Greedo on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Han Solo table.

You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?
    Achieve less than twelve parsecs in the Fastest Hunk of Junk mode on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Han Solo table.

Power! Unlimited power!
    Turn completely to the Dark Side by finishing only Dark Side tasks on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Masters of the Force table!

I am a Jedi
    Turn completely to the Light Side by finishing only Light Side tasks on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Masters of the Force table!

Prophecy fulfilled
    Complete all fights and bring balance to the Force on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Masters of the Force table!

Zen Pinball 2

Sand People are easily startled
    Finish a perfect Tusken Raider mode on Star Wars™ Pinball: Episode IV A New Hope table.

It's too big to be a space station
    Initiate a Yavin multiball on Star Wars™ Pinball: Episode IV A New Hope table.

Plight Of The Protocol Droid
    Get C-3PO out his unfortunate predicament by completing the Fix C-3PO mode on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Droids™ table.

Best Chance Of Escape
    Max out WED-15's Wizard Mode Time Perk by completing the hurry ups at his lane on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Droids™ table.

This is no cave
    Shoot two balls subsequently into the space slug on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Han Solo table.

The best smuggler in the business
    Hit the right secret compartment 3 times in a row on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Han Solo table.

Your skills are complete
    Make a double skill shot from the manual plunger on the Star Wars™ Pinball: Masters of the Force table!

No more training do you require
    Make combo shots and reach a Master Combo on the Masters of the Force table!

Can't wait to get stuck into these!

This is going to be more great fun, most looking forward to A New Hope....still don't get why the original trilogy wasn't released sequentially but it's all good.Now that the Star Wars cycle has concluded i wonder what will come next for Zen....can they possibly acquire the Indy license from Lucasarts?....would the new Disney regime even consider this, are any deals/promises they might have gotten from Lucasarts obsolete?

I get it confused everytime....if i want the Star Wars tables on both Zen2&SW platforms then i buy the Zen2 tables first......right?......last time i might have messed up because the Dr. Strange table never showed up on the Marvel Standalone Platform.

And also thx to Zen for throwing in the 4th table for free.May the force be with you!
    Last edited by ALH2012; 04-26-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH2012 View Post
    I get it confused everytime....if i want the Star Wars tables on both Zen2&SW platforms then i buy the Zen2 tables first......right?
    Either or way will work. Both games have the import feature tied to the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH2012 View Post
    ......last time i might have messed up because the Dr. Strange table never showed up on the Marvel Standalone Platform.
    That's because Zen decided to skip the Marvel Standalone Platform (MSP). I doubt we are going to see anymore Marvel tables on the MSP for the PS3. The platform is a little outdated compared to Zen Pinball 2. It doesn't have the import feature (creating an even bigger mess for the PS4 version) and it suffers from a few game engine bugs (collision detection and color bleeding).

Either or way will work. Both games have the import feature tied to the platform.

That's because Zen decided to skip the Marvel Standalone Platform (MSP). I doubt we are going to see anymore Marvel tables on the MSP for the PS3. The platform is a little outdated compared to Zen Pinball 2. It doesn't have the import feature (creating an even bigger mess for the PS4 version) and it suffers from a few game engine bugs (collision detection and color bleeding).

Ahh ok thx for the intel.

Well this kind of sucks. The PS4 version just has the 8 trophies. Yeah I know about the stand alone version. There has to be a way to do it for the PS4. I am getting seriously out of pinball. It's not really Zen though (some of you will catch my drift). I swear to you if the Deadpool table is neutered to an E rating I won't buy. That's my favorite comic and there's nothing wrong about a T rating. I don't expect Zen to alienate it's base with a M rating. I have said this before on another board. What M rated game moved over 32.5 million copies? I like trophies and would gladly pay extra for the real deal on SW. Maybe someday when ZP3 comes out. Folks can only hide from the next-gen consoles for so long. Peace to everybody.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Added some cash to my XBL acct, can't wait. Was playing some of the other SW tables last night, good stuff.
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Quote Originally Posted by Kemetman View Post
    Well this kind of sucks. The PS4 version just has the 8 trophies. Yeah I know about the stand alone version. There has to be a way to do it for the PS4.
    Zen confirmed that they are not releasing the standalone app to the PS4. They actually regret releasing it on the PS3 and Vita, because it's just creating more confusion than anything else.

It was very transparent when the first Star Wars Pinball table pack was available for free on the PS Plus. Sony had it listed as "Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball". Yet once you click on the "download" button, you are greeted with huge number of download files. Demo files, unlocks, PS3 version, Vita version, ZP2 version, SWP version, which is quite a lot to sort through. I had over 20 friends, that aren't much into pinball (but are into Star Wars) asking me which files do they need to download.

I swear to you if the Deadpool table is neutered to an E rating I won't buy. That's my favorite comic and there's nothing wrong about a T rating.
    Unfortunately, we are dealing with DLC here, which is not individually rated. Zen will have to go with the rating that they got from the ESRB on the main game, which was an E10 (10 and up). I don't think it's going to be a big deal, since the Ratchet & Clank series got away with a lot of stuff with their E10 rating. The E10 rating was created because of games like this. Games that have a lot of crude language and dialog, but not really violent enough to warrant the T rating.

Shogun you're my friend and I already know about dlc not being individually rated. I was just stating my own opinion. At least the PS4 can have 3 trophies instead of 2. That's not gonna kill anything. I know someday down the road ZP3 will emerge for the PS4 and actually take advantage of the hardware. I love Zen they actually treat their customers like gold. Even w/o the stand alone app the PS3 is getting 3 trophies per table and we're getting two. I don't like that, but that's just my opinion. We really need to move away from Marvel tables at this point. Indiana Jones would be awesome. Some sequels to some of the originals would be great. I just want the same amount of trophies the older systems have. That's all. There's no way they're already running low on the PS4 allocation points.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Even w/o the stand alone app the PS3 is getting 3 trophies per table and we're getting two. I don't like that, but that's just my opinion.
    Huh? The ZP2 version of the game on the PS3 contains the same number of trophies per table as the PS4 version (2). I just took at look at the updated trophy list myself. 2 trophies per table for ZP2 and 3 trophies per table for SWP standalone app.

Yeah the ps3 & ps4 versions have the same trophies. There is a difference however. On the ps3 version, the 2nd trophy of each table is a silver. Ps4 version these same trophies are bronze. They might be trying to save trophy points on ps4 for the future.

Thing I find strange about the Star Wars standalone version is not that they are completely different trophies, but these contain the tables wizard mode trophies and yet they are only bronze as well. (considering the zp2 silver trophies appear to be easy, such as starting a multi ball mode) 12 trophies added, all bronze. These should be the last trophies added to this version, and there's no way they are at the point limit on trophies. Seems odd to me.
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 04-28-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Yeah the ps3 & ps4 versions have the same trophies. There is a difference however. On the ps3 version, the 2nd trophy of each table is a silver. Ps4 version these same trophies are bronze. They might be trying to save trophy points on ps4 for the future.

Thing I find strange about the Star Wars standalone version is not that they are completely different trophies, but these contain the tables wizard mode trophies and yet they are only bronze as well. (considering the zp2 silver trophies appear to be easy, such as starting a multi ball mode) 12 trophies added, all bronze. These should be the last trophies added to this version, and there's no way they are at the point limit on trophies. Seems odd to me.
    ...unless these aren't the last Star Wars tables? Is it possible Zen could agree another deal for more tables than the initial 10? Or is it wishful thinking on my part?...

My point is we don't have a stand alone version so one of our trophies could've at least been silver. There are 2 bronze per table that's it. I wasn't impressed with the last pack so I'll do what I always do and vote with my dollar. The trophies are also listed under additional tables #2 and not SW like the other 2 packs. Whatevs. I am entitled to my own opinion.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

I thought the last pack was great, except that scoring on Vader is a bit broken. But are you really considering not buying dlc because you don't like the trophy scheme. That attitude just seems so odd to me and I know it's been mentioned from time to time on these forums but it continues to surprise me. Maybe it's because I've played video games since the mid 80's, long before there were achievements and trophies. The joy and satisfaction I get is from playing the game itself and improving my scores. Trophies add little if any satisfaction for me. I know that "trophy hunters" exist but some of their complaints sometimes make me wonder if they even enjoy playing games at all and it is more an obsessive-compulsive like behavior.

Anyways, I'm excited to play the new pack. I'm guessing the pack is not going to be available on every platform tomorrow. It's not clear from the blog post. Just wondering when I will be able to pick it up on Steam.

Anyways, I'm excited to play the new pack. I'm guessing the pack is not going to be available on every platform tomorrow. It's not clear from the blog post. Just wondering when I will be able to pick it up on Steam.
    I am with you on the trophy stuff, it doesn't influence my enjoyment of the games at all nor my purchasing decisions. According to BarbieBobomb in the comments section of the blog post she states that it will be available on Steam on the 30th.

Red face

Today four new tables hihodigitty, too bad I cant DL and play till tomorrow unless I get brave and call in sick for work tonight 'cough sniff cough. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I am with you on the trophy stuff, it doesn't influence my enjoyment of the games at all nor my purchasing decisions. According to BarbieBobomb in the comments section of the blog post she states that it will be available on Steam on the 30th.
    That's correct! PSN SCEA today, & tomorrow on PSN SCEE, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, & Mac

Release trailer is up on the blog now if you'd like to check it out.

Oh no! Again I misread the release date.

Barbie posted on 10 Apr. (Steam forum)
    Heroes Within Release date + Droids table trailer!

Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within releases the week of April 29th, in time for Star Wars day, May the 4th! Check out the trailer[blog.zenstudios.com] for the Droids table, and may the Force be with you!

I invited a friend to play pinball with me today...as it is 29 April BUT the Steam version will only be released on 30 April.
    Barbie, please post the actual date for all versions in the future. The Zen blog also reads "releases today for PSN SCEA, & tomorrow on PSN SCEE, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, and Mac!" but lazy people like I am just look at the given date without reading everything...there's only a 29 and not a 30 in the text. ..."starting with 29"...but I'm too lazy to calculate "starting with" and "today and tomorrow"...so I only look for the number which is 29. Maybe I'm really too lazy but this is the second time I got the Steam release date wrong.

am i absolutely blind or something on XBLA 360?

where are the tables at? pbfx2 hasn't updated itself with the new tables, i go into new releases of XBLA and nothing, go into pbfx2 area and nothing.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    am i absolutely blind or something on XBLA 360?

where are the tables at? pbfx2 hasn't updated itself with the new tables, i go into new releases of XBLA and nothing, go into pbfx2 area and nothing.
    Comes out tomorrow mate on PFX2 (XBLA).

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Comes out tomorrow mate on PFX2 (XBLA).
    uuuuug

oh well, back to world of tanks then.

That's correct! PSN SCEA today, & tomorrow on PSN SCEE, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, & Mac

Release trailer is up on the blog now if you'd like to check it out.
    Just saw the new trailer on your facebook page. in the end it said 'Download now in digital stores' only to find it not available on Steam just yet. I would DL it today if my PS3 was working. Oh well. Tomorrow now seems like an eternity.

The tables are now live on PSN in North America! Remember to buy first on PS3/Vita, then import to PS4 at no charge! PSN SCEE, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, Amazon & Mac will follow tomorrow.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 04-29-2014 at 07:24 PM.

I just made an account, because I just had to congratulate you guys on the best tables you've made yet. I downloaded the pack yesterday and I can't stop playing the tables. Even my roommates-- who normally don't participate much in pinball-- have been crazy about the new tables. They're a blast.

The Droids table far exceeded my expectations- I didn't anticipate it to be as deep and difficult as it is. It's a lot of fun. I love the raised bumper area, that's super cool.

The New Hope table is a blast as well. I love how much the table changes during the game, and the rotating bumper area with the ramps is a really neat idea. The skill shot thing is really cool as well. I think my favorite part of the table, though, is orbiting the balls around the death star... I love that.

The Han Solo table is much harder than I anticipated, and I've been scrambling to get points on it. It's immensely satisfying to finally complete a mode on that table, and I really love Han Solo's ship in the center of the playfield. It's a great setpiece! This has probably been the table I've spent the most time on, just because I'm trying to get better at actually getting points. I love the difficulty of it.

The Masters of the Force table is the best table you guys have ever made. I LOVE the pyramid ramp and the cube piece is wonderful. (A Theater of Magic influence, I think?) The way you have to balance the two different sides of the table is really interesting, and it will definitely make the table hard to master. Visually, it's just a joy to look at, and the amount of variety on the playfield is incredible. I'll be playing this one for quite some time, I think! It does have one slight glitch with the pyramid, where I keep getting my ball accidentally locked in with the captive ball after the pyramid goes back up, I wanted to let you guys know about that.

Fantastic job on these tables, though- you guys really just keep getting better with designs. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us in the next coming months!

Quote Originally Posted by VintageOctopus View Post
    I just made an account, because I just had to congratulate you guys on the best tables you've made yet. I downloaded the pack yesterday and I can't stop playing the tables. Even my roommates-- who normally don't participate much in pinball-- have been crazy about the new tables. They're a blast.

The Droids table far exceeded my expectations- I didn't anticipate it to be as deep and difficult as it is. It's a lot of fun. I love the raised bumper area, that's super cool.

The New Hope table is a blast as well. I love how much the table changes during the game, and the rotating bumper area with the ramps is a really neat idea. The skill shot thing is really cool as well. I think my favorite part of the table, though, is orbiting the balls around the death star... I love that.

The Han Solo table is much harder than I anticipated, and I've been scrambling to get points on it. It's immensely satisfying to finally complete a mode on that table, and I really love Han Solo's ship in the center of the playfield. It's a great setpiece! This has probably been the table I've spent the most time on, just because I'm trying to get better at actually getting points. I love the difficulty of it.

The Masters of the Force table is the best table you guys have ever made. I LOVE the pyramid ramp and the cube piece is wonderful. (A Theater of Magic influence, I think?) The way you have to balance the two different sides of the table is really interesting, and it will definitely make the table hard to master. Visually, it's just a joy to look at, and the amount of variety on the playfield is incredible. I'll be playing this one for quite some time, I think! It does have one slight glitch with the pyramid, where I keep getting my ball accidentally locked in with the captive ball after the pyramid goes back up, I wanted to let you guys know about that.

Fantastic job on these tables, though- you guys really just keep getting better with designs. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us in the next coming months!
    Thank you sooooo much for your support and feedback on these

Heroes Within is now live on PSN, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, Amazon and Mac!

well that han solo table is a marathon table w/ the stackable magna saves.

i've never been #1 on any table ever and i know it wont last, but until then...

Feelsgoodman.jpg

han_06r3k0u107.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by VintageOctopus View Post

Nice round up. Agree these tables are fantastic! Love them.

Han Solo - this is a surprisingly fun table. I agree it's more challenging than anticipated. Plenty to really delve into. Going to fun really figuring out this table. Nice charm too with all the lines Han says. The asteroid mini game was a surprise. Wish there a better way to target the ball when han is on the left side in the blaster cockpit. In the trailer it looked like there was a point of view but not sure it's in the actual game.

Droids - This one surprised me. I still think this will be a marathon table as it's really easy to get extra balls. Had 3 Extra balls on my first ball the first time I played this table. It really has a nice flow. What I like about it is that It seems like a ramp spam table, yet it isn't. When you light all the letters of a particular Droid you have a certain amount of time to shoot that lane to level them up. I only did 2 of the of the missions and they were pretty unique. I like the R2 D2 puzzle game where you have to touch the green lights with the ball within the time limit. Again very surprised but this table. I actually like more than Episode IV right now.

Episode IV - Another great table by Deep. It seems fast and you really need pretty accurate shots. the mission don't feel as easy as the other episodes IMO. Which is great. I like the challenge. Not sure if there is that save feature like the others as I only got to that mini field underneath the playfield to try and get R2 and 3PO in the shuttle and didn't finish in time. The little mini fields that pop up in certain mission and other means, are very cool. The trash compactor mission has a nice touch as you see the walls closing in on the mini field. Awesome!

Masters of the Force - Wow talk about a challenge Which I love. This one hands down my favorite because of the difficulty. This is at least my opinion from my first hand playing. Art, Music, Challenge. It's all there. So far my favorite of the pack.

As it stands now, I would rank the table thus.

Masters of the Force
    Star Fighter Assault
    Han Solo
    Episode VI
    Episode V
    Droids
    Episode IV
    Boba Fett
    Clone Wars
    Darth Vader

going to have to disagree with you two guys about the Masters of the Force table.

I'm getting serious "blade" vibes from it. Tried to play it a lot and learn it, turns out i just really really hate it. It's really not jiving with me at all. Hey, 3 out of 4 awesomesauce tables is fine with me

I just went through another marathon session of the han solo table and i'm still loving it. It's my favorite of the four tables. I gotta give another serious run at the droid table. I love fast moving combo ramp heavy tables. So i'll have to give that one another serious go.

but dat han solo.... came pretty close to starting the wizard mode on it just a bit earlier. Even managed to get an extra ball (which is pretty hard i might add) by shooting all the targets (which takes forever i might add). But yea, you want to put up a good score on this table, you better set aside a lot of time. It really is a marathon like table. Reminds me in a way about that friggen spiderman table or paranormal. Except, more fun compared to those two tables.

Zen,

You guys really outdid yourselves on this pack. Hats off to Zoltan Vari and Deep for their talents. All three of Deep's tables in SW pinball are fun and addictive. He really captured the movies well in both theme and gimmicks. The timers in Episode IV seem to be tuned just right for each scene. And that could make it challenging enough. I manged to beat 4 of the 5 scenes. Well done! looking forward to more time with this table.

My gosh Zlotan! Both Han Solo and Masters are my favorites of the pack. Again Han Solo really surprised me. Quite challenging with all the modes that I believe you have to complete to get to the wizard mode. (General Solo) That's a challenge in itself yet it doesn't take away from the fun of the table.

Masters is the most challenging table I've played so far. That whole left area is tough to shoot for. The left orbit where it Say's 'hurry up/Lock' is one tough shot. Especially when you have that fight Yoda Vs Emperor, it's Nightmare to get. It's really cool though. You have to time it where the ball is spins on the pyramid and press the launch button at the right time to hit Yoda.
    Getting up the ramp of the pyramid holocron is ridiculously random - but that's ok.

Not to outdo the others Droids is actually better than I thought. It's going to be one of those Marathon tables where you're probably have to play for a while to get super high scores. Although if you do the missions and level up all the droids, you can score some really high Jackpots in the Wizard mode. I got to the wizard mode last night and saw some 30M jackpots. It's a timed Wizard mode so it's limited. If you master the missions, I see some pretty high scores. The only thing I'm curious about is the other MBs. Some of the jackpot shots are really small. The scores do ramp up yet I'm not sure what makes them ramp up. It doesn't seem like it's revolving around the levels of the droids so....

Fine job Zen...... Looking forward to see what you bring to the um 'table' in the months to come.

Oh by the way. What other tables did Zoltan and Deep do?

I know Zoltan did Fear itself, Boba Fett. I'm thinking Zoltan did Tesla, Mars, Paranormal.

Deep did Infinity Gauntlet, Fantastic Four not sure about the others. Just wondering.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-01-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast