Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Fine job Zen...... Looking forward to see what you bring to the um 'table' in the months to come.

Oh by the way. What other tables did Zoltan and Deep do?

I know Zoltan did Fear itself, Boba Fett. I'm thinking Zoltan did Tesla, Mars, Paranormal.

Deep did Infinity Gauntlet, Fantastic Four not sure about the others. Just wondering.
    Great to hear you like the new tables Here you can see the designers of tables:

Thomas Crofts
    Dec 13, 2011 X-Men
    Jun 19, 2012 The Avengers (w/ Mate Szeplaki)
    Feb 21, 2014 Super League Football
    May 01, 2014 Droids
    Peter "Deep" Grafl
    May 17, 2011 Fantastic Four
    Aug 31, 2011 Ms. Splosion Man
    Jun 19, 2012 The Infinity Gauntlet
    Feb 19, 2013 The Empire Strikes Back
    Oct 16, 2013 Return of the Jedi
    May 01, 2014 A New Hope
    Viktor Gyorei
    Apr 26, 2011 Sorcerer's Lair (w/ Balint Ats)
    Jun 28, 2011 Captain America (w/ Agoston David)
    Ivan "Mad_Boy" Nicoara
    Jul 21, 2010 Mars
    Dec 08, 2010 Iron Man
    Dec 13, 2011 Thor
    Jun 19, 2012 World War Hulk
    Feb 19, 2013 The Clone Wars
    Oct 16, 2013 Darth Vader
    Dec 17, 2013 Doctor Strange
    Tamas "Ypok" Pokrocz
    Oct 16, 2013 Starfighter Assault
    Zoltan Somorjai
    Oct 27, 2010 Pasha
    Tamas Stephen
    Oct 27, 2010 Rome
    Mate Szeplaki
    Mar 25, 2010 Earth Defence
    Dec 08, 2010 Spider-Man
    Feb 15, 2012 Epic Quest
    Nov 21, 2012 Civil War
    Imre "Emeric" Szigeti
    Oct 27, 2010 Biolab
    Dec 08, 2010 Blade
    Dec 13, 2011 Moon Knight
    Sep 04, 2012 Plants vs. Zombies
    Zoltan Vari
    May 14, 2009 Shaman
    May 14, 2009 Tesla
    May 14, 2009 El Dorado
    May 14, 2009 V12
    Apr 15, 2010 Excalibur
    Oct 19, 2010 Paranormal
    Oct 27, 2010 Secrets of the Deep
    Dec 08, 2010 Wolverine
    Dec 13, 2011 Ghost Rider
    Jun 19, 2012 Fear Itself
    Feb 19, 2013 Boba Fett
    May 01, 2014 Han Solo
    May 01, 2014 Masters of the Force

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Great to hear you like the new tables Here you can see the designers of tables:

Thomas Crofts
    Dec 13, 2011 X-Men
    Jun 19, 2012 The Avengers (w/ Mate Szeplaki)
    Feb 21, 2014 Super League Football
    May 01, 2014 Droids
    Peter "Deep" Grafl
    May 17, 2011 Fantastic Four
    Aug 31, 2011 Ms. Splosion Man
    Jun 19, 2012 The Infinity Gauntlet
    Feb 19, 2013 The Empire Strikes Back
    Oct 16, 2013 Return of the Jedi
    May 01, 2014 A New Hope
    Viktor Gyorei
    Apr 26, 2011 Sorcerer's Lair (w/ Balint Ats)
    Jun 28, 2011 Captain America (w/ Agoston David)
    Ivan "Mad_Boy" Nicoara
    Jul 21, 2010 Mars
    Dec 08, 2010 Iron Man
    Dec 13, 2011 Thor
    Jun 19, 2012 World War Hulk
    Feb 19, 2013 The Clone Wars
    Oct 16, 2013 Darth Vader
    Dec 17, 2013 Doctor Strange
    Tamas "Ypok" Pokrocz
    Oct 16, 2013 Starfighter Assault
    Zoltan Somorjai
    Oct 27, 2010 Pasha
    Tamas Stephen
    Oct 27, 2010 Rome
    Mate Szeplaki
    Mar 25, 2010 Earth Defence
    Dec 08, 2010 Spider-Man
    Feb 15, 2012 Epic Quest
    Nov 21, 2012 Civil War
    Imre "Emeric" Szigeti
    Oct 27, 2010 Biolab
    Dec 08, 2010 Blade
    Dec 13, 2011 Moon Knight
    Sep 04, 2012 Plants vs. Zombies
    Zoltan Vari
    May 14, 2009 Shaman
    May 14, 2009 Tesla
    May 14, 2009 El Dorado
    May 14, 2009 V12
    Apr 15, 2010 Excalibur
    Oct 19, 2010 Paranormal
    Oct 27, 2010 Secrets of the Deep
    Dec 08, 2010 Wolverine
    Dec 13, 2011 Ghost Rider
    Jun 19, 2012 Fear Itself
    Feb 19, 2013 Boba Fett
    May 01, 2014 Han Solo
    May 01, 2014 Masters of the Force
    Wow thank you for the time to do this. That's awesome!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

If anyone wants to put any info up on the Tables Modes/Missions/Wizard Modes etc. I would be grateful as I have to start amassing info for the 4 Guides and any help is a plus.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Oh by the way. What other tables did Zoltan and Deep do?

I know Zoltan did Fear itself, Boba Fett. I'm thinking Zoltan did Tesla, Mars, Paranormal.

Deep did Infinity Gauntlet, Fantastic Four not sure about the others. Just wondering.
    Thanks, so glad you are enjoying them! Deep posted all the tables & designers here: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...1523#post51523

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    If anyone wants to put any info up on the Tables Modes/Missions/Wizard Modes etc. I would be grateful as I have to start amassing info for the 4 Guides and any help is a plus.
    I'll try. Would you want that in separate threads or in this one?

I'll start.

Droids

To start missions shoot the 3 center targets. The 3 center targets disappear and you must shoot the ball in the sinkhole.

As far as locking balls for MB, when you complete missions, the 3 center targets disappear and you must shoot the ball in the sinkhole within the allotted time (10s I believe)

Mission 1 Fix C3PO - for each piece, Basically shoot the lit 'Shot' Lanes then shoot the R2D2 sink hole. As you get each piece, the # of shot lanes dwindle. 10m completion bonus.

R2D2 puzzle thing- (Don't recall the name)to start this mode, Basically get the ball into the bumpers (left orbit). They count down from 40 or 50. once that is done, there seems to be a holographic looking thing at the R2D2 sinkhole. Shoot for it. The puzzle is completed if you touch 5 green circles fails when the timer is done or you touch 3 red circles. You control moving the rings left or right with corresponding flippers. To get to the inner rings or Vice Versa, press the 'launch' button when your ball is at a gap you can get through. You might have to move the next ring , Again press 'Launch' button to do so. When done it will give extended time on you mission or a ball save.

As mentioned before as you shoot the lanes each number/letter for each droid lights up. When they are lit, you have a certain amount of time (10s I think). There are levels for each droid (1-7) once you level up them up they each give a certain amount of points. First level is 500k - Maximum is 2m. I believe you want to level them up to max level for the wizard mode. As each could give you a 30m Jackpot.

I know there is the mode to deactivate the smelter. Not sure exactly what lights it up but there is what looks like a flashing arrow on the ramp above the center targets. You start it by shooting that ramp with the right upper flipper. There is a vari-target on the left side above the bumper. Shoot that twice to disable it before the ball that is rolling down on the left side get's into hot molten fluid. When you disable it, that ball comes into play for a 2 ball MB and basically you shoot like Jackpot lanes. The scores are pretty small 100k but ramps up when you accomplish certain things. not sure if it revolves around what level the droids are. But does ramp. This can happen a bunch of times during your game so it could be based on a combo system. the jackpots don't reset for this mode. Again they ramp up. I think you can get a 3rd ball added to the party if you do the same thing while in MB.

That's all I have for now.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-01-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Well, I can tell you everything about the Episode IV table, but don't you want to explore the table instead?

Well, I can tell you everything about the Episode IV table, but don't you want to explore the table instead?
    Tell us everything you know. **pets cat**

After that, we will try it out and then we'll tell you things about your table that you didn't know.

Masters.

I didn't figure this out in 1 setting as I think my score would be better than it is now. I have yet to read the table guide so this is what I figured out.

When shooting that force spinner in the center when Force is solidly lit. You'll want to shoot it with the red flipper(left) to start the sith Fight missions or the right (blue) flipper to start the Jedi fight missions.

Each mission is to hit the moving or stationary targets. If you hit a sith/Jedi figures (depending if you're fighting for dark/light) the figures will move to random spots. Some modes require you to hit a lit lane before you get to shoot at the moving figures. (Dang you left orbit). Really have to time your shot for Yoda Vs Emperor fight mode.

You'll want to collect as many holicrons for each side. Depending on how many you get it will add to the jackpot values of the Power of the force mode. I happen to beat all the fight modes on the light side and started a some mode where all the lanes on the light side were lit for jackpots. I don't think I had a holocron for the light side so the jackpots were only 500k. once you finish that mode, it resets to fight 1. I'm guessing it's best to stay balanced to really get high scores on this table.

You really want to be balanced between dark and light. As when I got all the Fight missions on the light side I couldn't get holocrons for the dark side. The Yoda scene was in full view in the center.

Multiball modes

Both Multi-balls Illusions and Force rage have the same or similar scoring mechanism.

Illusion MB,
    Hit the Jedi holocron. You have to hit the Jedi Holocron right at the center circle you get 5 million then 20m then 40m then hit the sink-hole for 60m. the 20m, 40m, 60m. are timed so you'll have to hit them in time. After that you can raise jackpots by hitting the center circle in addition shooting the right orbit 3 times will relight the jackpots It's easier to lock the balls for Jedi Illusion MB yet harder to collect IMO.

You can get similar mode by hitting the captured ball in the cube. Shoot the center circle on the cube to raise jackpots. While shooting the right orbit 3 times to light jackpot. hit the center circle on the cube to collect.

Force Rage. same scoring mechanism. Shoot the ramp above the pyramid. to start collecting jackpots. Then shoot the pyramid ramp to collect 20m, 40m, 60m jackpots. Then you have to shoot that left orbit 3 times to be able to repeat the process. It's definitely harder to start but easier to collect IMO.

I've been on a long break from Zen Pinball 2, but I'm back Been playing the other Star Wars tables today, and finally beat Episode V, got the I Am Your Father trophy, gotta say I was ecstatic! I'm going to buy the new pack tonight!

Default Bug with PSN

Hi, Barbie
    Did you have return about bug trophee transfert to PS Vita with PSN? Trophee appears on PS Vita but not synchronise with PSN. The shame story from the older pack.
    Thank to report it to the staff and to Sony

First impressions are very good

A New Hope has the crazy slingshot bumpers and horrible bounce on the inlanes/outlanes, which I cannot stand, but other people seemed to like this from Episode VI. Other than that, I didn't put a lot of time yet into this one because of said issue lol

The Droid table is great. I only completed Mission 1 which was really fun. The droid multiball is the most uninspired multiball I think I've ever played though It's too easy to start up, and you just hit the same two ramps until you lose a ball. Same with the spinner one. They don't have a great payout either. The extra balls are too easy to get, too. I got all 5 on my first game. So, with both of those issues, you're going to have LONG games with not much payout. Dat grind lol. I can't wait to get to the other missions, maybe the wizard mode will be the super cool redeeming factor

Han Solo, right off the bat, strikes me as a table I like. It's a little crowded/closed in more, which is how I like 'em (Earth Defense, Wolverine, etc...). It seems like it's going to be a pretty hard table, minus the magna save of course. A lot of mini-games to handle, too. I failed miserably at all of them that I activated, except the one where you get in the cockpit and try to shoot the ball. I can shoot that ball with the view out of the cockpit, but not in the cockpit view, and I think it just gives you one or the other view at random, but I'm not sure. Love the vibe and classic Mos Eisley Cantina music, the bass is pumped up so it sounds awesome.

Masters of the Force is probably the coolest looking table period. I LOVE the colors, lighting, design, etc...That being said, like others have mentioned, it's hard to hit certain shots, that's for sure. Going to be a challenge, from first impressions. Couldn't start up much on my game except one mission that had Jedi/Sith pop-ups and you had to hit Darth Maul I believe. Can't wait to see what else lies in store with this one.

Nice tables Zen! Is there force feedback on the PS4 version? Just asking because I don't feel it on any table in this release. Yes my controller is set for it. Again nice job as always. As Snakeman said the slings are a tad overjuiced on Epidosde IV though. I actually like the Droids table!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kemetman View Post
    As Snakeman said the slings are a tad overjuiced on Epidosde IV though. I actually like the Droids table!
    I think they are underjuiced on the other tables However I can adjust it a bit for the next time we release an update. Maybe a voting should decide, because there are many players who like these real life pinball slingshots.

I think they are underjuiced on the other tables However I can adjust it a bit for the next time we release an update. Maybe a voting should decide, because there are many players who like these real life pinball slingshots.
    An exellent idea Mr Deep. It seems to be an interesting topic of late, I like the challenge it adds so much more to the table.

I vote for an adjustment on Episode IV and VI... I would guess some of the non-elite players like myself would like to venture further into these tables we paid for without constant ball drain and controller tosses.

Personally, I would like this sort of tweak for all of the tables to date. That said I sort of agree with Snakeman on this. Happen to pick up the Balance of the force Pack Yesterday on Steam because my PS3 is Kaput. (YLOD) Launched the Episode VI table and I didn't recall how carzy those slings were. In the end I like the tweaks just tone it down very very little. Not too much. Love the challenge.

I like them. I have only played one game Episode IV but in general I like the idea of more realistic slingshots. I would say leave them as is because it effects the difficulty of the table and thus leaderboards. Unless you plan a leaderboard reset with the changes but that always pisses people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpeeker View Post
    Hi, Barbie
    Did you have return about bug trophee transfert to PS Vita with PSN? Trophee appears on PS Vita but not synchronise with PSN. The shame story from the older pack.
    Thank to report it to the staff and to Sony
    I am aware and let the team know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I like them. I have only played one game Episode IV but in general I like the idea of more realistic slingshots. I would say leave them as is because it effects the difficulty of the table and thus leaderboards. Unless you plan a leaderboard reset with the changes but that always pisses people off.
    Whoa Forgot that perspective. Yeah keep it. But tweak the other tables. It shouldn't effect the leader boards if the slings are as active as Deep's Recent tables. As it is it would be more challenging and make the older tables seem 'Fresh and new'.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Oh of course, although it would be interesting to pick your brain on this Table

Also yeh I don't like the crazy Slingshots on this Table, I know its more realistic but it causes more pain then enjoyment for me.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Nah... I'm all for realistic slingshots. That has always been one of the things I like about pinball and that is that sometimes you have to really work hard at figuring out how to best play a table by e.g. learning to avoid certain shots. Good old Ironman, is a perfect example with you having to be very careful about shooting the lock hole target. With all this said, I must admit that I haven't yet had a chance to play any of the new tables so I might feel a bit different about it once I have done so. But in principle I do like the idea of having some really tough and frustrating tables also in the mix.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Count me as someone who doesn't like the high-strung slingshots at all.
    Ultimately, I find that they increase difficulty more by being annoying, rather than being challenging.

As for the question in regards to being able to adjust them on a table and the leaderboards, perhaps a score multiplier can be included, to reward those who do select the more difficult setting?
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Nah... I'm all for realistic slingshots. That has always been one of the things I like about pinball and that is that sometimes you have to really work hard at figuring out how to best play a table by e.g. learning to avoid certain shots. Good old Ironman, is a perfect example with you having to be very careful about shooting the lock hole target. With all this said, I must admit that I haven't yet had a chance to play any of the new tables so I might feel a bit different about it once I have done so. But in principle I do like the idea of having some really tough and frustrating tables also in the mix.
    You'll be happy with what this pack entails.

Masters - love the table and it's by far my favorite of the the SW Tables. It is Tough and challenging but at some point it's more frustratingly ridiculous on how accurate you have to be to shoot that left Orbit. Especially on the Dark side fight mission #1. You have to hit that orbit to make the ball spin on the pyramid. Eventually you have to hit the yoda target to get to the next stage. Love that you need to be accuarte but don't make it nearly impossible.

Similarly, the jedi Holocron cube you have to hit the center circle to get anything to trigger/register. Not impossible just need to be accurate which is cool

This table and Han Solo really requires accurate shots to get scores on those table.

Han solo is fun- The only challenging aspect I see for many is that there are tons of modes that you have to complete to light the corresponding mode. I don't think there are mission per say it's just that you have to light up that list to get to the Wizard and it's a looooong list.

Droids Not difficult. It's one of those Marathon tables IMO which I dislike. (Darth Vader-esque but way better)

Episode IV some of the mission timers are pretty tight but not impossible. The only concern I have is to exploit the Yavin MB. Just open up those right/left ramp diverters by hitting the speeder or the target above the right sling shot. to get into the bumpers and hit the bumpers 50 times. Start a 4 ball multiball and Jackpots ramp up. I'm not sure what the MAX is but the super is 5m.

Just to add for STTC for his guides. EPisode IV

The escape the Sandcrawler Mode with the mini table (Table under the playfield) is pretty cool. I'm not sure how it starts I think you shoot that center target (Very similar to the Cathedral entrance in infinity Gauntlet) several times. One in, Shoot the right and left sides to free R3 and 3PO and you get 2 balls. Hit the targets and left/right orbits for 1m+ points before timer is out.

Play and survive the Tusken Minigame, survive the full mode gives you 5m finish bonus and light Extra ball.

Similar to that the Cantina Mini-game. you shoot at greedo in the windows and doors by moving you blaster with the left/right flippers as he pops up randomly. hit enough in a row and there is a target for extra ball. Hit that and it lights extra ball.

I think also when you do the Alliance mode when you find the X-wing it also light Extra ball. I'm thinking training mode does something similar.

Just to add again. I'm for more realistic sling shots. Not ridiculous but it really makes the game much more exciting.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-02-2014 at 08:56 PM.

I don't have an issue with the high powered sling shots. My problem is that the ball feels like rubber on this table. Every time it hits one of the divider posts between the in and out lanes. The ball becomes very unpredictable and for some reason it's more difficult to preform a Bang Back on this table.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-03-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I don't have an issue with the high powered sling shots. My problem is that the ball feels like rubber on this table. Everytime hits one of the divider posts between the in and out lanes. The ball becomes very unpredictable and for some reason it's more difficult to preform a Bang Back on this table.
    Exactly this! Those divider posts are crazy, and maybe that's more in line with my gripe, rather than the supped up slingshots. I think if the posts were more normal, then maybe I'd like it more. I need to play more, though.

I don't prefer the high powered slingshots, but it's okay to have them on a few tables to mix things up. I certainly wouldn't prefer them to be on any of the other tables, either, that's for sure, though it would be interesting to test out. It would be cool to give us an option to use them for those that want it, but then that's a whole debate of getting high scores without using them, yada yada yada, it would create a mess.

The slingshots of Return are powerful but the ones of A New Hope are insane. Gotta be the less controllable Pinball FX2 table.
    Nothing more to add...I just wanted to get my #200th post.

I definitely dig the slingshot action on A New Hope(don't need it implemented on every table, it is nice to have some variety and independence between tables).I dig all of the SW tables but on the whole i like the Original Trilogy tables the best.They are very well designed and extremely playable.Just a very nice flow on those tables in particular.Great job deep!And great job Zen for the SW series!What's next?

I agree that the slingshots are too weak in other tables but I would not like to see them adjusted now, that would just open a can of worms regarding the leaderboards not to mention trophies/achievments. The Return of the Jedi slingshots seem perfect to me, they create excitement/panic but can mostly be avoided given enough practice. I don't mind if not all tables have them this powerful though as it's fine to have some variety. But if it had to be one or the other I would definitely vote for the more powerful ones.

I know it's not meant to be a pinball simulation but we have it easy with the Zen tables really, easy to enable kickbacks, easily acheivable extra balls, the ability to catch the ball on the flippers without any chance of it rolling off, a forgiving nudge mechanic etc... It's nice to have a challenge, too many video games hold your hand nowadays. I'll stop now before I start to list the brutally tough games I used to play when I was younger

I'll post back my thoughts on the new tables when I've spent more time with them, there are definitely more good things to say than bad though, Zen really are getting better and better and I'm loving it!
    Last edited by skyway73; 05-03-2014 at 11:29 AM.

The concept of having different slingshots is fresh. It would be boring if the physics on all tables were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    The slingshots of Return are powerful but the ones of A New Hope are insane. Gotta be the less controllable Pinball FX2 table.
    Nothing more to add...I just wanted to get my #200th post.
    Exactly this! A New Hope's slingshots are crazy powerful! I wouldn't mind them being toned down a little but I would definitely NOT want to see the slingshots on any previous tables adjusted.

I do like some tables having slightly more powerful slingshots just for a bit of variety, and I can accept that as part of a table's challenge.

The Empire Strikes Back Table remains my favourite of the Episode tables and that is because it provides a good challenge but still feels fair. (The others are still awesome though and I appreciate Deep's fantastic work).

You'll be happy with what this pack entails.

Episode IV some of the mission timers are pretty tight but not impossible. The only concern I have is to exploit the Yavin MB. Just open up those right/left ramp diverters by hitting the speeder or the target above the right sling shot. to get into the bumpers and hit the bumpers 50 times. Start a 4 ball multiball and Jackpots ramp up. I'm not sure what the MAX is but the super is 5m.

Just to add for STTC for his guides. EPisode IV

The escape the Sandcrawler Mode with the mini table (Table under the playfield) is pretty cool. I'm not sure how it starts I think you shoot that center target (Very similar to the Cathedral entrance in infinity Gauntlet) several times. One in, Shoot the right and left sides to free R3 and 3PO and you get 2 balls. Hit the targets and left/right orbits for 1m+ points before timer is out.

Play and survive the Tusken Minigame, survive the full mode gives you 5m finish bonus and light Extra ball.

Similar to that the Cantina Mini-game. you shoot at greedo in the windows and doors by moving you blaster with the left/right flippers as he pops up randomly. hit enough in a row and there is a target for extra ball. Hit that and it lights extra ball.

I think also when you do the Alliance mode when you find the X-wing it also light Extra ball. I'm thinking training mode does something similar.

Just to add again. I'm for more realistic sling shots. Not ridiculous but it really makes the game much more exciting.
    Episode IV is good fun - the slingshots are something else and initially I felt like there is no way that you can protect that right out lane. I soon though started focussing on the FORCE targets and once you start aiming for them, they are actually not that difficult. Once you have the kick-backs activated, you can then proceed with the missions etc. As soon as a kick-back is used, just focus on the FORCE targets again to reactivate. Watch out for the left orbit shot because if you try to catch the ball coming around, it often bounces towards the right out lane, you also can't let the ball just bounce as it sometimes go straight down the middle... I suggest shooting it directly, aiming for one of the left orbits or lanes. The kick-backs stay lit if you lose a ball, but they get used up with the multi-balls when a one of the balls activate it. For now, I am bringing the multi-balls down to two balls so that I can control it better and protect the kick-backs. Also, I suggest you start the game focussing on starting the Cantina mini-game as that is an easy extra ball. I'm still learning the table so my strategy will definitely evolve as I go along.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Are the kickbacks [in Episode IV] reasonable to obtain?

Part of my issue with the slingshots on Jedi wasn't just their strength, but how the kickbacks were also unreliable. And then to boot, since it was a multiball table, the multiball modes would inevitably eat up whatever kickbacks you had.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEther View Post
    Are the kickbacks [in Episode IV] reasonable to obtain?
    Yeah definitely.And if still lit after ball loss they stay active with the next ball.A New Hope is a great table imo.

Han SOLO. This has become my favorite table of the pack. Masters still awesome but wow. The amount of stuff to do on this table. Multi-balls galore. Some fairly challenging but not impossible.

Really Hats off to Zoltan on this. I think there 6-7 mulitball modes on this table. Maybe more

I won't get into too much of all the multiballs but yeah completing all these modes are quite challenging and unique.

Here's a few to note

Kessel Run - Shoot the smuggle ramp and light the letters to Spell Smuggle. Shoot the left ramp to go try and lock the ball. When you look at the display there it shows you where to place the cargo (your ball). The controls are weird. It's hard to explain but pressing certain flippers make the crane move right and one makes it move forward. You can't go left or up. It's timed so you have to act fast as you can miss the holes entirely. If you don't lock the ball, he will quote 'Laugh it up fusball!' If you successfully lock the ball into the correct hole the jackpots raise up. I only managed to do 1 in the right spot so my Jackpots were 2m. depending on where the lit lanes and sinkholes are aim for them and jackpots will multiply by 2 the shoot the right hole on the top by the flipper and get it back to the compartments. It's a really cool concept IMO. Sometimes it's just best to lock them but getting the cargo (ball) into the right compartment really raises your scores if you play the MB very well. I'm not sure what the max is.

Starting Death Star - Free the princess and Attack on Yavin is pretty tough. You have to time that center flipper just right hit Star and light the lock. For Free the Princess, basically get all the balls into the sinkhole where the extra ball would be. After freeing the princess Attack on Yavin begins. You have to light STAR again hit the Death start to complete the mission and that's timed. Really tough when you have 2 or more balls in play.

Same for the Escape from Jabba MB. Hitting that target above the left Slingshot is really tough. Timing is crucial you hit that target at it spells Frozen (No singing Let it Go) then you shoot the left lane to lock the ball. You guessed it you have to lock 3 balls to start the MB. I actually don't want to spoil this for you. This mode is really cool in what you have to do finish the mode.

I was one mode short getting to General SOLO. The last one was What a Hunk of Junk. Start by getting the ball up to that upper flipper, Get it back to the Millennium Flacon 3 times to play the little mini table. Hit all 4 targets for a 10M completion bonus and lock the ball through the left ramp. Do this 2 more times to start the mode. shoot the Jackpot lanes and get to light speed. Almost there but not quite.

Some of the other modes are pretty cool too. So much variety it amazes me how he designed this table.

Again this pack is awesome. Zen's designers really out did themselves on this pack. Can't wait to see what you guys/gals have in store for us in the next couple of months.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-05-2014 at 06:43 AM.

I started with Episode IV so will probably only get to the other tables later in the week/month. I must say, I really love this table. At first you feel that it is so straight forward, but the difficulty of the table makes it a tough challenge with aspects such as the severe slingshots, speedy orbits with an inconsistent trajectory and the force field in the middle that release the ball at random angles. The ball also often bounce with inconsistent trajectory and at various speeds from the play field objects making me lose balls at the moments that feel completely against the run of play. At the moment, I tend to play well for a bit, but as soon as my concentration starts waning, the balls just disappear and the game is over before you know it. What it comes down to, is that this is a table that you have to play systematically and with a lot of care if you want to get anywhere... I love it! So my strategy for now starts with as I said in my previous post (keep those kickbacks activated!). Another suggestion for a safer approach to starting the game is to play mission 6 (2-ball multi-ball) for your first mission if you have not quite managed to activate your kickbacks at that stage.

I have managed to complete all the missions now at least once, but not yet all 6 in one game. Extra ball gets lit after you complete three missions and as far as I can tell the amount of points you get for completing a mission depends on how many you have already completed. I have scored 5, 10, 15 and 20 million for completing missions but don't know if that was all on one ball, or just me completing 4 missions in one game. In another game I also seem to recall that I got 10 million for completing a mission for the first time so I'll have to play some more to see what the case is. Well, that unfortunately has to wait till tonight because now I first have to work.

Well done Zen, I haven't enjoyed a table so much in quite a long time and from all the other comments it seems that the other tables in this pack are also winners.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

I started with Episode IV so will probably only get to the other tables later in the week/month. I must say, I really love this table. At first you feel that it is so straight forward, but the difficulty of the table makes it a tough challenge with aspects such as the severe slingshots, speedy orbits with an inconsistent trajectory and the force field in the middle that release the ball at random angles. The ball also often bounce with inconsistent trajectory and at various speeds from the play field objects making me lose balls at the moments that feel completely against the run of play. At the moment, I tend to play well for a bit, but as soon as my concentration starts waning, the balls just disappear and the game is over before you know it. What it comes down to, is that this is a table that you have to play systematically and with a lot of care if you want to get anywhere... I love it! So my strategy for now starts with as I said in my previous post (keep those kickbacks activated!). Another suggestion for a safer approach to starting the game is to play mission 6 (2-ball multi-ball) for your first mission if you have not quite managed to activate your kickbacks at that stage.

I have managed to complete all the missions now at least once, but not yet all 6 in one game. Extra ball gets lit after you complete three missions and as far as I can tell the amount of points you get for completing a mission depends on how many you have already completed. I have scored 5, 10, 15 and 20 million for completing missions but don't know if that was all on one ball, or just me completing 4 missions in one game. In another game I also seem to recall that I got 10 million for completing a mission for the first time so I'll have to play some more to see what the case is. Well, that unfortunately has to wait till tonight because now I first have to work.

Well done Zen, I haven't enjoyed a table so much in quite a long time and from all the other comments it seems that the other tables in this pack are also winners.
    Nice review/overview. I agree. Personally I think this is more challenging table of the trilogy because of the things you mentioned. In relation to real pinball, the uncertainty of inconsistency of the trajectory keeps me guessing.
    That's what makes it so cool. The speed of some of the orbit shots are surprising as the ball can come reeling down fairly fast hit you flipper and bounce toward the out-lanes quite frequently. Well done Deep.
    Like you I've finished every scene but not in the same game. I've got to at one points try and get all of them at once. Again the timers to complete each scene is tight but not impossible.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-05-2014 at 06:54 AM.

I'm really enjoying the Han Solo table, it's choc full of things to do. Finally managed to activate the wizard mode today, 3 million a ramp! I'm slowly figuring out the crane too lol. Tap the direction rather than hold seems to work better but it's still really nippy to get three in a row. The droids table is cool too, brilliant idea having it on a moving sandcrawler thingy. The New Hope table is great apart from the slings being way too powerful and where the 'rebel' lights are the dividers are too bouncy, had a ball fall on the inside divider and it bounced off the other dividers and drained. Still, a great table! You can build up the jackpots of the Yavin multiball to 5 million! Gonna be a high scoring table methinks. I'm having trouble getting to grips with the Masters table however, I just cant get anywhere lol. Gonna need more practice

as far as I can tell the amount of points you get for completing a mission depends on how many you have already completed
    Not exactly Should I spoil it, or do you wanna figure it out? Thanks for the kind words by the way

Just started the Droids multiball which is mega btw lol. I only had a few upgrades and had 90 seconds of 3.5 million per lit lane and 13.5 million for the superjackpot lanes. Best thing is that the ball saver was active for the 90 seconds too. Fully upgraded must be awesome sauce lol

Not exactly Should I spoil it, or do you wanna figure it out? Thanks for the kind words by the way
    Thank you for making a great table Nah, lets see if I (or the other guys/galls) can figure it out... that is all part of the fun!

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Quote Originally Posted by Brucethejam View Post
    I'm having trouble getting to grips with the Masters table however, I just cant get anywhere lol. Gonna need more practice
    I'm slowly getting better at the masters of the force table.
    I don't exactly know how i activated a couple of the fight modes, but they are really cool. Especially the darth maul fight.

[HTML][/HTML]
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    I'm slowly getting better at the masters of the force table.
    I don't exactly know how i activated a couple of the fight modes, but they are really cool. Especially the darth maul fight.
    U start a fight by hitting the force spinner at the center top. Once spelled u go in again it will start a fight. If u hit it in with the red flipper u fight for the dark side if you hit it in with blue flipper u fight for the light side.
    I beat each side in 2 different games. Just need to beat them both in one game so I can bring balance to the force

As soon as I typed this I got wizard mode prophecy fulfilled I brought balance to the force!! Threw the emperor's ass down the well! Boo-yah

Only I trophy left
    Gotta blow up Death Star on a new hope.
    Currently finished first 4 missions
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 05-05-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Just started the Droids multiball which is mega btw lol. I only had a few upgrades and had 90 seconds of 3.5 million per lit lane and 13.5 million for the superjackpot lanes. Best thing is that the ball saver was active for the 90 seconds too. Fully upgraded must be awesome sauce lol

You talking after beating all the missions? Yep. 40m for me at one point. thoguh some point I locked 3 balls and there were some 20m jackpots at the R2D2 sinkhole. Nearly got 1b.

Got to the wizard mode on Episode 4 but was underwhelmed. Not sure what was to happen. Timer was counting down for a long time. Though Jackpots weren't as big as I thought they would be. Actually less than going for Yavin MB. Jackpots are maxed at 5m for that so really can't exploit the ramp up in points. If you want to grind that MB you could score lots of points.

Anyway. Kudos though to Deep for a fun table. Got 1.285b on steam.

You talking after beating all the missions? Yep. 40m for me at one point. thoguh some point I locked 3 balls and there were some 20m jackpots at the R2D2 sinkhole. Nearly got 1b.

Got to the wizard mode on Episode 4 but was underwhelmed. Not sure what was to happen. Timer was counting down for a long time. Though Jackpots weren't as big as I thought they would be. Actually less than going for Yavin MB. Jackpots are maxed at 5m for that so really can't exploit the ramp up in points. If you want to grind that MB you could score lots of points.

Anyway. Kudos though to Deep for a fun table. Got 1.285b on steam.
    Yeah I really rushed it to see if I could do it so there were only a few lanes upgraded. I only got 124 million coz I usually brick it first time lol. Yavin MB is super score time

I'm currently playing Droids and I do have to say it's pretty enjoyable.

I like the idea of "leveling" up the droids so they will help me during wizzard mode.

About the other 3 new tables, what would you say the story is?

Like for droids... "You are trying to escape".
    What about the other tables?
    www.GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews, Gaming Shows and Live Stream
    www.youtube.com/gamerpet - YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PET View Post
    I'm currently playing Droids and I do have to say it's pretty enjoyable.

I like the idea of "leveling" up the droids so they will help me during wizzard mode.

About the other 3 new tables, what would you say the story is?

Like for droids... "You are trying to escape".
    What about the other tables?
    Han Solo - do everything he has done or talked about doing in the movies
    Masters of the force - do all the classic light saber battles from the movies
    And ummm
    Episode IV a new hope ummm the story is the movie umm yeah

Jip... each time you completing the REBEL letters (from the ball rolling down the in-lanes) during a mission, you increase the points you get at the completion of a mission in Episode 4 - 5, 10, 15mil etc.. I had a decent game where I finished 5 of the 6 missions in one game - the easiest ones in my opinion are 2, 3 and 4, so I suggest you start in that order to get that extra ball. The Tusken (Sand-people) mini-game is actually also not so difficult and you get an extra ball at completion. So there is actually 3 easy extra balls up for grab, two of which you can go for quite quickly. If only the Yavin multi-ball wasn't so high scoring, this table would have been one of my favourites. I activated Yavin-multiball twice in that game and by just flailing around, I managed to score more than half my points in that game.

Why would you go through the effort to complete the missions and the wizard mode if you can just activate that multi-ball at will? I really don't get why Zen keeps on doing this... create excellent tables and then spoil it through a high-scoring mode that has nothing to do with completing the main goals of the tables. I would so love to have the opportunity to readjust the scoring balance for many of the tables to bring all the modes into balance... high scores should be a reward for playing brilliantly and not just for spamming certain modes.
    Last edited by Cloda; 05-06-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Clarity

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Jip... by completing the REBEL letters from the ball rolling down the in-lanes, you can increase the points you get at the completion of a mission in Episode 4. I had a decent game where I finished 5 of the 6 missions in one game - the easiest ones in my opinion is 2, 3 and 4 so I suggest you start in that order to get that extra ball. The Tusken (Sand-people) mini-game is actually also not so difficult and you get an extra ball at completion. So there is actually 3 easy extra balls up for grab, to of which you can go for quite quickly. If only the Yavin multi-ball wasn't so high scoring, this table would have been one of my favourites. I activated Yavin-multiball twice in that game and by just flailing around, I managed to score more than half my points in that game through that mission.

Why would you go through the effort to complete the missions and the wizard mode if you can just activate that multi-ball at will? I really don't get why Zen keeps on doing this... create excellent tables and then spoil it through a high-scoring mode that has nothing to do with completing the main goals of the tables. I would so love to have the opportunity to readjust the scoring balance for many of the tables to bring all the modes into balance... high scores should be a reward for playing brilliantly and not just for spamming certain modes.
    I have yet to give this table a serious play but I agree, that does sound a little disappointing if the Yavin Multiball is so high scoring. I prefer players to be rewarded for completing missions and not just spamming one event. That's why I take more notice of friends who have got all the table trophies than ones who have the highest score. For me, beating a Wizard mode is usually much more of a challenge than racking up a high score, on most tables anyway.

I've given Droids a good play now, love it and it reminds me more of a traditional pinball machine which is great in my book. The sound effects are so cool on this table, apart from R2-D2 being a bit noisy when he moves? Not his 'beeps' just the sound of his whirring movements. Love the ball turning gold and the mission is great fun when you have to drop the bomb within a certain time and the whole table shakes.

You have explained in a paragraph exactly like why I dont play this game much anymore.

Nearly every table has some sort of flaw which means its better to spam something over and over than play the missions if you want to get a high score.

Thats why for me Blade is still the best table - the only way to get a big score is to reach the wizard mode.

Ive often thought it would be nice to have a 'Directors Cut' of some of the tables.
    Take Ghost Rider for example - I like the table but its a grind. I would:
    - Reduce extra balls from 15 to 3.
    - Missions cant be repeated until wizard mode is completed
    - Reduce amount of times mutiball can be activated and scoring.

Hey presto you have a nice little table. You could do something similar for nearly every table.

"I really don't get why Zen keeps on doing this... create excellent tables and then spoil it through a high-scoring mode that has nothing to do with completing the main goals of the tables."

The question to ask is, who tests the tables prior to release, and how good of a player are they?

In theory, the more difficult and/or unsafe the mode, the higher mode, the more points it should be. But the difficulty of a mode obviously varies based off the skill level of the player. Some modes may only be spammable to the elite players.

I think of Empire, where people have said go for Balance jackpots from Jedi/sith multiball. And for those players that can reach jackpots above 20 million, yeah, it breaks the table. But not everybody can do that; I think the best I've done is 6 million. I just have to grind the Yoda rewards and main missions.

I imagine the testers didn't envision Spider Man being as broken as it is.

That said, finding balance in game can't be an easy task.

That is exactly what I anticipated in my post a couple of days ago. https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...ll=1#post51597

It was my main concern. My 1.28+b score was mostly the Yavin MB but that's not all it was. I happen to beat all the modes. Some of the mission/scenes gave you 10 - 25m. Much like Civil War the table was ideal and challenging to a point then you exploit a certain shot/mode and the table doesn't appeal to a person anymore. I enjoy both CW and Episode IV the table are great fun. The downside to Episode IV though is that you can just basically Grind Yavin MB and it's rather simple to do. Get the ball into the bumpers and get 50 hits. If it were the requirements to start ramp up by 10 or more everytime it might hinder it. Maybe a little. The MAX Jackpots are 5m but if you do this multiple times and are generally decent in handling the MBs, Your scores will soar.

In retrospect though many real tables have something like this. You will find a mode that scores points. You will pursue this and try to get the highest score possible. It's bound to happen. It's just the ease of doing it that makes the table(s) less appealing.

That is exactly what I anticipated in my post a couple of days ago. https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...ll=1#post51597

It was my main concern. My 1.28+b score was mostly the Yavin MB but that's not all it was. I happen to beat all the modes. Some of the mission/scenes gave you 10 - 25m. Much like Civil War the table was ideal and challenging to a point then you exploit a certain shot/mode and the table doesn't appeal to a person anymore. I enjoy both CW and Episode IV the table are great fun. The downside to Episode IV though is that you can just basically Grind Yavin MB and it's rather simple to do. Get the ball into the bumpers and get 50 hits. If it were the requirements to start ramp up by 10 or more everytime it might hinder it. Maybe a little. The MAX Jackpots are 5m but if you do this multiple times and are generally decent in handling the MBs, Your scores will soar.

In retrospect though many real tables have something like this. You will find a mode that scores points. You will pursue this and try to get the highest score possible. It's bound to happen. It's just the ease of doing it that makes the table(s) less appealing.
    Jip, you sure did call it. I'm playing on Xbox, and there we don't even have an incentive any more to go for wizard mode as there are no more achievements. The only measurable goals you have, is high score, and that doesn't mean anything if you have a high-scoring spammable mode that dominates scoring. I'll still play this table until I complete wizard mode, which will hopefully be soon with the progress I'm making and then I'll score the easy billion using the Yavin MB... then I will also be done with the table. I still remember my wizard mode and then Billion score chases for tables such as Pasha, Blade, Mars and Fantastic 4 where I had to (and wanted to) come back to these tables over many months before I finally managed to reach those goals. The big difference with those tables is that they all have more balanced scoring and playing through wizard mode is definitely worthwhile for you reaching a high score. I hope that at least one of the other three tables in the current pack will have me coming back for months to come... we shall see.

As OriginalEther said and Alipan also alluded too, if only these tables are tested prior to release from the specific perspective of ensuring balance in scoring and game-play many more stand-out tables, as the ones mentioned above, would emerge. Don't get me wrong, Zen has seriously impressed me with the quality of the tables released these days, you very seldom get game-breaking bugs any more and they keep on innovating in terms of game-play dynamics. I wouldn't be making the effort of voicing my opinion so vociferously if I wasn't still fully invested in playing their tables. For all I know though, these spammable modes are being planned intentionally as it will keep certain players (presumably then, the bulk of the players) coming back for more. Ah well, I'll make peace now with regards to this matter and I have said more than enough on this. I will now get back to playing Pinball rather than talk about it (an idiosyncrasy my wife so loves to point out )

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

I really have problems with A New Hope. I never get many millions but during Yavin multiball. All of a sudden the millions drop.

I never play without a strategy. I just keep shooting ramps and aiming for lit targets. I asked Blinky how he was able to post his highscore on Return of the Jedi...and after using his method I was able to triple my previous best...however, going for the bumpers for minutes just to raise the bonus multiplier is boring...so I only used this method once...I rather start missions and play for fun than use a strategy that would triple my score but takes too long and is boring.

PS I don't think that you'd change tables but in addition to my post that Yavin multiball is too powerful: all players even share the bumpers in hot seat mode...so the one who starts Yavin multiball mostly wins.

I like the Yavin multiball - it's one of the only ways an average player like myself can have a fighting chance at a high score. I can see that it would be very easy for expert players to exploit, though. Perhaps Zen include modes like this to allow players of all skill ranges to get enjoyment from their tables.

And forget what I said earlier about toning down the sligshots on this table - after spending more time with it, I've grown to really like them. I wouldn't want them this powerful on every table, though.

I'll say! Between the frequent updates from Zen and Farsight (Pinball Arcade), I've been playing quite a few fantastic tables. Now if only Farsight will hurry it up and release out Black Knight 2000, High Speed and Who Dunnit on the PS3. I would be really happy. I don't mind playing them on my tablet, but I really like to play pinball with buttons.
    Just use a blue tooth controller that is what I do, or an ever cheaper option is an OTG cable with a PS3 controller or other USB controller. It's weird because even after buying my controller I still like to use touch screen sometimes, it all depends where I'm using my tablet.

On a side note Barbie is there ever going to be multiplayer on Steam ?

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEther View Post
    "I really don't get why Zen keeps on doing this... create excellent tables and then spoil it through a high-scoring mode that has nothing to do with completing the main goals of the tables."

The question to ask is, who tests the tables prior to release, and how good of a player are they?

In theory, the more difficult and/or unsafe the mode, the higher mode, the more points it should be. But the difficulty of a mode obviously varies based off the skill level of the player. Some modes may only be spammable to the elite players.

I think of Empire, where people have said go for Balance jackpots from Jedi/sith multiball. And for those players that can reach jackpots above 20 million, yeah, it breaks the table. But not everybody can do that; I think the best I've done is 6 million. I just have to grind the Yoda rewards and main missions.

I imagine the testers didn't envision Spider Man being as broken as it is.

That said, finding balance in game can't be an easy task.
    The same can be said for real tables too, there are many ways to exploit these as well. That is the same reason why some of them are not used in pro tournaments like PAPA. I know where you are going with this though and as for Spiderman they did address the wizard mode by adding a timer so that one was worked on, a good friend of mine hated it like that on PS3 while we were playing multiplayer games and I liked it.

Cracked a billion on Han Solo last night (1.2b). Spent three hours getting that score. I can't imagine doing it again, and I don't know how Fracas has 7b lol unless he saves the game. Pissed because I was off by literally only 1 million from breaking Tbruno's score, but I'm more happy that I got a billion. The multiballs are ridiculous. The one that's really good is the Death Star one, where you lock the balls on it, then shoot the center sinkhole (garbage chute), then for super jackpot you hit the raised bumper on the left. I got my last 100m+ on that one. I still can't do the crane thing up on the top left for anything, which means I didn't get the multiball from that started, and I haven't beat the Battle of Yavin yet, it's annoying to get the ball up to the upper left flipper to hit the Death Star targets. I think those were the only two I didn't complete, and the General Solo one or whatever it's called, which I assume is the last thing after beating all other missions. Man, the center shoot ramp I can't get a good hold on yet, but I managed when I needed to. Magna saves are stupid good

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Cracked a billion on Han Solo last night (1.2b). Spent three hours getting that score. I can't imagine doing it again, and I don't know how Fracas has 7b lol unless he saves the game. Pissed because I was off by literally only 1 million from breaking Tbruno's score, but I'm more happy that I got a billion. The multiballs are ridiculous. The one that's really good is the Death Star one, where you lock the balls on it, then shoot the center sinkhole (garbage chute), then for super jackpot you hit the raised bumper on the left. I got my last 100m+ on that one. I still can't do the crane thing up on the top left for anything, which means I didn't get the multiball from that started, and I haven't beat the Battle of Yavin yet, it's annoying to get the ball up to the upper left flipper to hit the Death Star targets. I think those were the only two I didn't complete, and the General Solo one or whatever it's called, which I assume is the last thing after beating all other missions. Man, the center shoot ramp I can't get a good hold on yet, but I managed when I needed to. Magna saves are stupid good
    The big points come from the wizard mode. I think the max scores from all the modes you completed x the number balls in play (it is a multiball)= the wizard jackpot. The wizard jackpot is initially lit at the Probe ramp. I scored 270 million with one shot. After collecting the wizard jackpot, all the loops and ramps light for regular jackpots (around 3 million per jackpot). Collect all the regular jackpots to relight the wizard jackpot. I am sure this is how Fracas got huge score. Unfortunately, I've only been to the wizard mode once because the table constantly crashes on me (steam version).

Also in the crane mode, you only have to lock 3 balls in any of the compartments to start the Kessel Run multiball. You don't need to lock it into the correct "secret" compartment though the jackpots are worth more if you do. Battle of Yavin is a bit of a pain. You only have to hit one of the flashing Death Star targets during the first 4 hurry-ups. If you do that, the bank of targets will drop exposing the bowl of the Death Star. That last hurry-up into the Death Star you have to make to complete the mode. It's a pain because if you miss that last hurry-up shot you fail the mission and you have to relock 3 balls into the Death Star which is probably the most time consuming thing in the entire game.
    Last edited by surf1der; 05-11-2014 at 08:01 PM.

The big points come from the wizard mode. I think the max scores from all the modes you completed x the number balls in play (it is a multiball)= the wizard jackpot. The wizard jackpot is initially lit at the Probe ramp. I scored 270 million with one shot. After collecting the wizard jackpot, all the loops and ramps light for regular jackpots (around 3 million per jackpot). Collect all the regular jackpots to relight the wizard jackpot. I am sure this is how Fracas got huge score. Unfortunately, I've only been to the wizard mode once because the table constantly crashes on me (steam version).

Also in the crane mode, you only have to lock 3 balls in any of the compartments to start the Kessel Run multiball. You don't need to lock it into the correct "secret" compartment though the jackpots are worth more if you do. Battle of Yavin is a bit of a pain. You only have to hit one of the flashing Death Star targets during the first 4 hurry-ups. If you do that, the bank of targets will drop exposing the bowl of the Death Star. That last hurry-up into the Death Star you have to make to complete the mode. It's a pain because if you miss that last hurry-up shot you fail the mission and you have to relock 3 balls into the Death Star which is probably the most time consuming thing in the entire game.
    Aw man, I actually locked 2 balls on that game for the Kessel Run then, wasn't sure if those counted towards that. I'm tempted to go for the wizard mode now I actually got close to beating the Battle of Yavin one time, had the Death Star exposed but right when I went for the second shot, it ended

That last hurry-up into the Death Star you have to make to complete the mode. It's a pain because if you miss that last hurry-up shot you fail the mission and you have to relock 3 balls into the Death Star which is probably the most time consuming thing in the entire game.
    yep, this is what i was hung up twice trying to get the wizard mode on han solo. That damn death star hurry up.

Also hitting that spinner to get the last couple targets in the shooting gallery take quite a while too. At least finishing off greedo isn't too difficult.

That last hurry-up into the Death Star you have to make to complete the mode. It's a pain because if you miss that last hurry-up shot you fail the mission and you have to relock 3 balls into the Death Star which is probably the most time consuming thing in the entire game.
    I don't know, I feel like that one is pretty quick to start if you focus solely on it. The thing that takes longest for me to start and finish from the beginning is either the Han Shot First mode or the Fastest Hunk of Junk mode, or maybe the Escape from Jaba multiball (which is the only mode I haven't completed, but also haven't focused on). If you miss the final Greedo shot, you gotta move all the targets back into place and knock them all back down, which can take forever with the spinner. And to lock each of the three balls in the maintenance hatch to start that multiball, you have to hit three shots into the Falcon and either win the target bank to indefinitely open the habitrail or, if you fail and hit at least one target, get the ball up the left ramp within 5-15 seconds before you miss your chance, then repeat that twice, and then hit the 12 parsecs mark during the multiball—or screw up, and have to start from the beginning.

Starting and completing the Free the Princess mode is relatively easy in comparison, since hitting the front sinkhole is super simple and easily repeated, which then drops the ball right in front the upper-left flipper to hit the Death Star targets.

Hi everybody,

Totally agree with Cloda.

I just played 3 times on A new hope table and still in Steam top 10, just playing Yavin multiball. Evident.

Sometimes I really don't understand your scoring politics. Timing missions are really short, difficult, and pay not a lot. Just activate multiballs and it runs for highscores, that makes no sense.

So finally you created many original things with missions and you force players to play all the other basical things. Please please !! Be carefull next time about spam technics and scoring systems that ruin all your creativity.

Thanks a lot for all you've done, but I'm sure it would be better without this stupid no-senses!
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    Hi everybody,

Totally agree with Cloda.

I just played 3 times on A new hope table and still in Steam top 10, just playing Yavin multiball. Evident.

Sometimes I really don't understand your scoring politics. Timing missions are really short, difficult, and pay not a lot. Just activate multiballs and it runs for highscores, that makes no sense.

So finally you created many original things with missions and you force players to play all the other basical things. Please please !! Be carefull next time about spam technics and scoring systems that ruin all your creativity.

Thanks a lot for all you've done, but I'm sure it would be better without this stupid no-senses!
    At the risk of repeating myself I too agree with this. In a way that is why I look at trophies first as they are often a better guide as to a players skill rather than just score. I know this isn't always the case.

That said, at least the missions do have decent scores attached on this table but given the difficulty they could still be higher (or Yavin MB lower?..)

the missions payout racks up 5 million each time you spell REBEL on the Rollovers , got 50 millions for Mission 5 & 30 for Mission 1 , not
    sure about this ... but it looked like it saves the Missionscore i reached durring Mission 1 - without beating it & payd me out after mastering that Mission ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    the missions payout racks up 5 million each time you spell REBEL on the Rollovers , got 50 millions for Mission 5 & 30 for Mission 1 , not
    sure about this ... but it looked like it saves the Missionscore i reached durring Mission 1 - without beating it & payd me out after mastering that Mission ...
    Every completed REBEL rollovers during Scene modes add 5 million to the Scene score. The next Scene score will start from the previous Scene's value. The score will only be saved if you complete the Scene

Every completed REBEL rollovers during Scene modes add 5 million to the Scene score. The next Scene score will start from the previous Scene's value. The score will only be saved if you complete the Scene
    That's a clever idea, should go someway to balancing the already mentioned scoring issues to. I like.

I'm a tad confused lol. On the Han Solo table, as you put the balls in the correct compartment consecutively, Han says he's increasing the jackpot. I've had it up to 12 million per jackpot (a few times) but, alas, no 12 mill jackpots! All I get is 1 mill jackpots and 4 mill super jackpots throughout or am I missing something?

I'm a tad confused lol. On the Han Solo table, as you put the balls in the correct compartment consecutively, Han says he's increasing the jackpot. I've had it up to 12 million per jackpot (a few times) but, alas, no 12 mill jackpots! All I get is 1 mill jackpots and 4 mill super jackpots throughout or am I missing something?
    This only increases the jackpot values in the wizard mode.

I'll try. Would you want that in separate threads or in this one?

I'll start.

Droids

To start missions shoot the 3 center targets. The 3 center targets disappear and you must shoot the ball in the sinkhole.

As far as locking balls for MB, when you complete missions, the 3 center targets disappear and you must shoot the ball in the sinkhole within the allotted time (10s I believe)

Mission 1 Fix C3PO - for each piece, Basically shoot the lit 'Shot' Lanes then shoot the R2D2 sink hole. As you get each piece, the # of shot lanes dwindle. 10m completion bonus.

R2D2 puzzle thing- (Don't recall the name)to start this mode, Basically get the ball into the bumpers (left orbit). They count down from 40 or 50. once that is done, there seems to be a holographic looking thing at the R2D2 sinkhole. Shoot for it. The puzzle is completed if you touch 5 green circles fails when the timer is done or you touch 3 red circles. You control moving the rings left or right with corresponding flippers. To get to the inner rings or Vice Versa, press the 'launch' button when your ball is at a gap you can get through. You might have to move the next ring , Again press 'Launch' button to do so. When done it will give extended time on you mission or a ball save.

As mentioned before as you shoot the lanes each number/letter for each droid lights up. When they are lit, you have a certain amount of time (10s I think). There are levels for each droid (1-7) once you level up them up they each give a certain amount of points. First level is 500k - Maximum is 2m. I believe you want to level them up to max level for the wizard mode. As each could give you a 30m Jackpot.

I know there is the mode to deactivate the smelter. Not sure exactly what lights it up but there is what looks like a flashing arrow on the ramp above the center targets. You start it by shooting that ramp with the right upper flipper. There is a vari-target on the left side above the bumper. Shoot that twice to disable it before the ball that is rolling down on the left side get's into hot molten fluid. When you disable it, that ball comes into play for a 2 ball MB and basically you shoot like Jackpot lanes. The scores are pretty small 100k but ramps up when you accomplish certain things. not sure if it revolves around what level the droids are. But does ramp. This can happen a bunch of times during your game so it could be based on a combo system. the jackpots don't reset for this mode. Again they ramp up. I think you can get a 3rd ball added to the party if you do the same thing while in MB.

That's all I have for now.
    Deactivate the Smelter - This mode must be activated with 4 hits on the target near the right orbit and side ramp. Once hit 4 times, the side ramp opens up to feed the ball to the Smelter mech. As the ball is shown to the left of the play field traversing a complex system of conveyor belts, you have 30 seconds to hit the left Vari-target 2 times. If you miss out on it, the ball will fall into the BOILING LAVA and you'll have to restart; but if you successfully close the Smelter, a 2-ball multiball will begin where Jackpots are lit at the two Lava Trap ramps. Jackpots are worth 100k and can increment through Vari-target hits. Please note that if you try to shoot the electric ball from the "Navigational Disruption" mission into the Smelter, it will immediately throw the ball out.

Also, about the multiball from locking the balls in the Mission sinkhole: it's nothing special unless you stack it up with Smelter & Magnet multiball. Just sends 3 balls into play and nothing else, no Jackpots available. No missions either.

This only increases the jackpot values in the wizard mode.
    My jackpots in wizard mode were different though, super jackpot was 312 mill lol. The jackpot level resets when you lose a ball so it looked more likely for the jackpots to be within that mode. I got it upto 12 mill before drain, then upto 10 then upto 12 again, so theoretically my wizard jackpots should have been at least 32 mill a lane, I wish lol.

Default Thoughts on playing Droids more safely

Even though it is fun, there is actually not too much to do on this this table. I have managed to complete all the missions in Droids and play through the wizard/reward mode. To start the reward mode you must hit the mission hole. On the DMD, all the conditions that you have activated by building up the various droids for this mode is displayed e.g. will last for 70s, you have 6 jackpot lanes, 1 super jackpot lane and score is multiplied by 4 etc. I scored around 110mil in this wizard mode, but I definitely didn't get the best out of it. After this, the table resets in the sense that you have to redo each mission again, but the Droid levels continue from the level that you have built it up to.

After having played the table some, I have a few suggestions for playing the table in a more safer way:

- Try and get your kickbacks activated before going for the missions as it gives you a much better chance of keeping the ball in play. The left one is easy to activate with a bit of patience; just keep on shooting at the vari-target and 1 out of 3 times the ball fall through the left in-lane allowing you to work towards activating the kickback when you light up the 4 letters (can't remember what it says actually). The right one is a bit tougher to do but you can light two of the letters right at the beginning of a ball by holding the left upper trigger up when the ball comes around the right orbit - the ball will neatly be deflected to the right side of the table and fall through the right in-lane. Your ball save will still be activated so let the ball fall through and repeat when the ball relaunches. To light the rest on the right, you can directly shoot the ball into the right orbit entrance above the right top flipper to deflect it from the top left flipper or catch the ball on the right flipper and do a backhand shot to the target that you have to hit to start the "deactivate the smelter" mode (also above the right top flipper). One or so out of five shots will fall down through the right in-lane. If you haven't then managed to activate the right kickback by the time you start the 2-ball multi-ball for this mode as described by Captain B. Zarre you can use the ball save and the initial launch of the ball for this mode to do the trick of holding up your left upper trigger. Off course this can be done with any mode where the ball gets flung around the right orbit including multi-ball modes where when you hit it into the molten metal gaps on the left ramps, the ball gets relaunched. The ball doesn't always go around the right orbit because each time you hit the left orbit during normal play, a diverter switches between letting the ball go around or into the bumpers, which affects what the ball does when it is shot up the right orbit. Sounds complicated, but after you get used to the idea, it is not so difficult to keep the kickbacks activated and it is definitely worth it.
    - If you start a mission before you have your kickbacks activated, play mission 2 because it is a multi-ball. The nice thing about missions 2 - 5 is that they save your progress, so if you e.g. only manage to escape 3 out of 6 times on mission 3 before the time runs out, you only have to escape the last 3 times when you activate it again, rather than start over.
    - If you have your kickbacks activated, play mission 1 first, as hitting the hole with the random rewards (that you are also required to hit during this mode) gives you a good chance of getting an extra ball or two, build up your multipliers or level up the Droids. The R2D2 puzzle thing also gives you an extra ball after the second or third time that you have repeated it. I have scored 5 extra balls in a game so far.
    - An easy way to hit the right top mini-loop (to the right of the smelter mode target) is to bounce it off the middle of the plate over the mission hole from the left flipper. I initially struggled to consistently hit that mini-loop from the top left flipper, but this is a much easier way to hit it. You can also hit the ramp above the right top flipper with a backhand shot from the right bottom flipper.
    - Each time you finish a mission, you have about 10 seconds to lock the ball. As soon as you lock 3 balls, the "Droids in Need" multiball start and you can try and build up all the remaining droid levels to 7/7 by spelling its name and then hitting the appropriate lane when it is lit up. During this mode more than one Droid lane can be lit up at a time for a faster increase of the droid levels.
    - Each time you activate a multi-ball spam the random award hole for extra balls, increased multiplier (EOB bonus on this table can get big!) and to upgrade your Droid. Be warned though that you need to be patient as I have played some games where the random hole never wanted to give me what I wanted after repeatedly hitting it.
    - This table gives you lot of reason not to play frantically so focus on catching the ball and aiming rather than just flailing a moving ball around.
    Last edited by Cloda; 05-17-2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Added info including from Brucethejam

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Excellent tips Cloda The level of the droids do stay the same after wizard mode, if you hit the mission hole it will give you some extra time too, not much though! A fully upgraded wed15 nets you 2 minutes of wizadry goodness. Before you start a mission (one hit left to activate), hit the cross ramp to start the ball rolling down the left handside conveyor belt. Hit the smelter twice then quickly start the mission before the ball drops and you'll have a multiball to start every mission! After each completed mission, the mission hole hole will light up briefly. Hit it to lock the ball. When you do it a third time it'll start the droids in need multiball, which is very handy for boosting the droid levels as more than one lane lights up for upgrade at a time! The R2 mini game is good to use in missions also as it extends your time in that mission.

Excellent tips Cloda The level of the droids do stay the same after wizard mode, if you hit the mission hole it will give you some extra time too, not much though! A fully upgraded wed15 nets you 2 minutes of wizadry goodness. Before you start a mission (one hit left to activate), hit the cross ramp to start the ball rolling down the left handside conveyor belt. Hit the smelter twice then quickly start the mission before the ball drops and you'll have a multiball to start every mission! After each completed mission, the mission hole hole will light up briefly. Hit it to lock the ball. When you do it a third time it'll start the droids in need multiball, which is very handy for boosting the droid levels as more than one lane lights up for upgrade at a time! The R2 mini game is good to use in missions also as it extends your time in that mission.
    Thanks Brucethejam... now a whole bunch of little things I didn't quite understand yet make sense I probably should have played a bit more before I shared my tips, but I actually like the idea that other people can add to it and correct the things I don't have quite right. I think I will start a new thread tonight or so with a strategy guide for this table and will update (and credit) it with your info (and who ever else adds to it) as well. I should probably use the right names as well for the different lanes, modes etc . My aim with these things is not to do a guide per se (ShoryukenToTheChin already covers that expertly), but to help people that are still learning the game, how to approach a table with an eye on playing safe and strategically so that they can reach and play through wizard mode and naturally start getting higher scores (without necessarily spamming anything ). I must say, that in the past I was easily one of the top players, but now being back after two years of not consistently playing the game, I am delighted to see that a lot of players have surpassed me, and that there are now a vibrant community of players that are able to figure the intricacies of a table out. Zen must now just please oblige, and make sure that they focus on the scoring balance of their excellent tables before releasing them, so that this growing group of players that enjoy a stiff challenge are not ever again tempted by spammable modes when they try and figure out the intricacies of a table
    Last edited by Cloda; 05-16-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Default Han Solo Bonus Multipliers Maximum?

Has anyone discovered the bonus multiplier cap on the Han Solo table? I've only gotten as far as 39X before something goes awry, and because of the way the combo multiplier system works on this table I basically have to abandon all hope of a high multiplier late in the game if I drain the ball without the multiplier being held; after reaching an eight-hit combo and resetting back to zero, you're required to hit a nine-hit combo to even start building your multiplier again via combo shots, and even then, 1+9 for a 10X is nowhere near as efficient as 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8 for 36X (plus SOLO roll-overs).

I'm beginning to think it's going to be something nutty like the 250X cap on Fear Itself (my absolute favorite table, along with Civil War), except Fear Itself offers a much more feasible method of achieving that maximum.
    Last edited by Ramikadyc; 05-20-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: 9 comes after 8...

My god I missed that release lol... downloading the pack.

It just took me a while to get them, because I didn't particularly care for the previous pack.

I've only played Han Solo and Episode IV to any extent so far; I have enjoyed them.

Cloda - thanks for the tip for the kickbacks on Droids. I really don't like the kickback rules on that table (hard to active, reset when ball is lost).

As for Episode IV....
    Well, I've answered my question about Yavin multiball; it is easy to spam. As long as a player can figure out the ramp mechanics (not hard), it's just simple shots. Maybe hitting the Training ramp to increase the jackpots would be difficult for some, but that's it.

The missions I don't think are that difficult, and I like the reward buildup for them. The problem with the missions is that they tend to be dangerous. I usually don't fail a mission because I ran out of time, it's usually because I hit a shot, the ball flies around the ramp/orbit and bounces it's way to an outlane or down the middle.

I actually like the slingshots better on this table than on Jedi. Among other things, they aren't so quick to activate. I agree with Snakeman in that the ball physics around the lanes is the worst feature of the table.
    Last edited by OriginalEther; 07-03-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12