DMD now working for Cabinets. Heres how to set it up!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoadedWeapon
    Pinhead
    • May 2013

Yes just turn off on the size... If you look in your pinball FX2 folder you will see a CFG file in there called PLLog just copy it and rename it dotmatrix then open it with notepad and erase whats in it and if you have 3 screen setup try copy these settings into it.. the dmd wont show up till you play a game..
    x = 3830
    y = 305
    height = 260
    width = 1030

Originally posted by insx
    I don't see an OFF setting for position, there is an OFF setting for size. You are showing the file without an extension but someone else said it should be dotmatrix.cfg, which is it? I haven't managed to get this working yet as you probably guessed
    Last edited by LoadedWeapon; 03-29-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• mpad
      • May 2013

Originally posted by moewe
      yes, because it is beneath the playfield when you only have one screen.
      Ah too bad. As I only have one screen and a real dmd I hoped this would allow me to tweak the position at least.

Comment

• dyopp21
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Sir Cheddar
        Thanks, guys. This works nicely.

Note: If you have to create the config file manually, the extension must be cfg. The filename is dotmatrix.cfg
        Sir Cheddar,

Where did you get the backglass for this table and how are you able to get it to display? Was this VPF community created?

Comment

• Sir Cheddar
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by dyopp21
          Sir Cheddar,

Where did you get the backglass for this table and how are you able to get it to display? Was this VPF community created?
          Yes. I'm using Markmon's backglass changer over here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=24545.

The backglass I was using there was either from that threat or from google images or from http://blog.zenstudios.com/press/

Yesterday I replaced all backglasses I had including this one with open6l's work. I recommend to take a look at it, you can find on the PinballX ftp server.

Another option is using PinballX with some autohotkey scripts to start each table directly and let PinballX display the right backglass at start. This has a lot of advantages but I don't use this method because it seems to need plenty of manual corrections after new tables come out.
          You can find samples of those scripts on the same ftp and on the PinballX forum.

Comment

• Cloda
            Pinball Wizard
            • Nov 2010

Well done Zen and well done guys with those awesome looking cabinets. Good luck with standing for 24h+ to finish one game of Paranormal
            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• insx
              • Nov 2013

Does anyone know of any other way to turn off the title/border without buying Actual Window Manager? Would it be possible for Zen to hide it?

Comment

• Sir Cheddar
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by insx
                Does anyone know of any other way to turn off the title/border without buying Actual Window Manager? Would it be possible for Zen to hide it?
                It seems like autohotkey can do the job by changing the window style. I tried for a hour or two but so far I didn't get it to work.

Comment

• Imagamejunky
                  • May 2013

I absolutely LOVE the moveable dmd. Awesome!

Since this update and since moving my dmd to the backglass on my cab I have seen a few issues..

1- I see a large picture of black and white checkmark in a box that appears in the middle of the playfield on the right side sometimes. It has appeared on each table that I have played since the update. It appears to be random. Strange

2- I have had 2 FX2 program crashes while in the middle of a multiplayer game. The error just says that fx2 has stopped working. For me I have not seen this during a one player game

3- The colored triangles are missing that used to sit on top of the virtual dmd during a multiplayer game. I liked these because we could see who was winning Is there a way to add them to the new virtual dmd?

Thanks
                  Junky
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85...bnPTOkielbyReg

Comment

• markmon
                    • Jan 2013

Hey Zen, any chance you can add the title of the game playing to the DMD window? This would allow me to easily modify my changing backglass program to easily detect the current game and display the correct translite without any file system audits.

Comment

• markmon
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Sir Cheddar
                      Yes. I'm using Markmon's backglass changer over here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=24545.
                      The backglass changer also has an app in it that when run will show you the current width, height, x and y coordinates of the window. As you move and resize the window, these are updated. It makes setting up the config file for the dmd very easy.

Comment

• insx
                        • Nov 2013

Hide title bar... almost

Here's a way to make the DMD title bar a lot less intrusive. Just use the windows appearance settings to change the Inactive Title Bar and font to black (possibly the Inactive Window Border too). Now you will just be left with the small PBFX2 logo and the minimise/maximise buttons.

Comment

• sliderpoint
                          • Apr 2014

Created an account just so I could say thanks and this is fantastic!

Now just need a built in backglass that works like this and to be able to turn off the ball launch (and other) event camera views.

I really like the all the tables. They are great and fun to play.

-Mike

Comment

• markmon
                            • Jan 2013

I wrote a quick little program to help with positioning your DMD. You can download it here: http://pinballbulbs.com/files/pbfx2dotmatrix.zip

Simply run this, move the window into position, size the window as you want it, click "refresh" to update the position controls, then hit save. If you need to rerun it again, just use open to locate the file and open it again. By default this opens/saves to the default steam directory. If you store your files elsewhere you'll need to browse to that directory (where pinball fx2.exe is located). This will create the dotmatrix.cfg file if it does not exist.

Comment

• K3V
                              • May 2013

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397016746.334548.jpg

Got this going on my cabinet tonight - awesome!

Anyone know what the native resolution is of the DMD display? I can't seem to quite get it in proportion.

Real DMD support via PIN-DMD2 next?

Comment

• Roo5676
                                • Sep 2011

Finally trying this after getting a new HDD for my cab. What is the height to width ratio needed so that the DMD is the correct shape? I tried a multiple of 128 x 32 (number of dots in a real DMD) like 1024 x 256, but it looks skewed -- not all the dots are the same size.

Skewed DMD.jpg

Comment

Working...