Thread: Rocky & Bullwinkle Help

Default Rocky & Bullwinkle Help

Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to keep the ball from draining into the outside lanes?

No matter how careful I am, the ball always goes to the outside lanes with ease.

Try to master the Bang Back technique. That'll take care of the problem.

Thanks for the tip.

I have tried this tactic to no avail. However, I am still a novice. I will keep practicing! I really want to last longer than five minutes on this table. It is a nice blast from the past.

The best table to practice this technique on is the Fear Itself table. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes like second nature on all tables.

I can bang back on Fear Itself easily, but not on R&B. R&B isn't curved like Fear Itself, so I cannot get enough 'umph' on the ball to get it back up. I think I may be a hair to late on the bang. I am still practicing. Other than Fear Itself, I've only once successfully banged back. That was on Nightmare Mansion.

Thanks for the hints.
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: ShamrockRed1428
    Game Interest: Gears, Pinball FX2, PvZ Garden Warfare, CoD, Spelunky
    Tables: Avengers, Fear Itself, Infinity Gauntlet, WWHulk, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Epic Quest, Plants vs. Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by ShamrockRed View Post
    I can bang back on Fear Itself easily, but not on R&B. R&B isn't curved like Fear Itself, so I cannot get enough 'umph' on the ball to get it back up. I think I may be a hair to late on the bang. I am still practicing. Other than Fear Itself, I've only once successfully banged back. That was on Nightmare Mansion.
    FWIW, I used the X-Men table to master the Bang Back.

I have been logging some time on this table and it is paying off! Last night I added 13M to my previous high score.

For others having trouble with this table, I have found that practicing ramps and combos is a great way to gain score and easily light 'CAKE' ball save. Ball save doesn't last too long, so ramp combos have to be repeated a lot. Once you get the hang of it, collecting 'CAKE' becomes much easier. Also shooting at ramps reduces ball drain and out lane angles, from my limited experience. The Borris & Natasha/Dudely orbit is also a nice way to get a 'CAKE' letter and shoot for the left ramp.

I have also done a lot better by holding the ball with the flippers to line up for shots whenever I can. Beware: trying to hold a ball immediately after an unsuccessful ramp shot (most likely the fairy ramp) will very often cause the ball to bounce into a slingshot. It will then launch into the opposite outlane.

I hope my contributions help people enjoy this table a bit more.
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: ShamrockRed1428
    Game Interest: Gears, Pinball FX2, PvZ Garden Warfare, CoD, Spelunky
    Tables: Avengers, Fear Itself, Infinity Gauntlet, WWHulk, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Epic Quest, Plants vs. Zombies