Results 1 to 67 of 67

Thread: Masters of the Force discussion

  1. #1
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default Masters of the Force discussion

    Thought I would make a new thread so we can just talk about our tips etc. for this particular table.

    First off, this really is a beauty to look at, all the colours just work so nicely. The tiny screen which comes to life when you start a fight is very cool and the way the ball is held by a magnet while you watch the scene on it is ace. I like! Choosing which side the fight will be by hitting the Force spinner with either flipper is very clever. On that subject I tend to use the left flipper to light the Force letters as it's a slightly easier shot and you can quite often catch the ball with the left flipper held.

    It's worth enabling the kickbacks at the start, fairly simple. Hit the target on the right with the end of the left flipper 2-3 times to light Wall of Light (right kickback)
    Hit the Transfer and Essence targets on the left with the end of the right flipper to light the left kickback.

    In the R2-D2 mini-game don't worry too much if you hit the red lights, just try and hit all the greens. Once you hit 5 you get a ball-saver (30 seconds I think) and also a big bonus at the end of the ball, I thinks it's 500,000 for each time you complete it and obviously that can be multiplied by up to 10X.

    I found a good way to collect any Dark side extra balls earned. When the ball is lifted to the small left upper flipper by the up-kicker rather than firing it across the playfield just hold the flipper up and the ball normally drops down and collects the extra ball below. This is also a good way to start the loop challenge (not sure what it's called, Alchemy? The one at the bottom left where you have to hit 5 loops to get an extra ball) I've managed 2 loops so far but only just found this method of getting there so should get more practise now.

    I won't spoil things by going into all the fights but they are great fun and a real challenge. I wish the left mini-loop/up-kicker wasn't so hard to hit though, it is so frustrating. And sometimes even when you do manage to hit it the power of the shot has to be so exact that the ball just falls down again. This all adds up to a real low point for the table as it becomes a real chore to hit the shot sometimes.

    I like that earning the extra ball is a challenge too, makes it so much more rewarding when you win one. I think we're going to need them all to win all fights and beat the Wizard mode too...

    Just thought of another small gripe, the skill-shot. I think it could have been made slightly easier to hit as I can only get it about 1 in every 20 attempts. I do like the double skill-shot feature though (perform a skill-shot then hit the cross ramp with the right-upper flipper)

    I think the sound effects and speech samples are about the best there has been yet, nice variety too.

    The Force Super-Spinner is a nice feature with some decent points attached too. I think it could have been even better, if you hit it when active then it would light up more than just one Force letter? Maybe keep lighting the letters while it spins? Lighting all the Force letters to start the fights can get a bit wearing and this would have lifted that slightly.

    The Holocron mini-games are ok, a decent challenge but fair. I will try and complete as many as I can before the end battle Wizard modes as it will boost those jackpots. Bit of a pity that both mini-games are nearly identical though, would have been nice to have something different.

  2. #2
    Senior Member DiscoKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    Thought I would make a new thread so we can just talk about our tips etc. for this particular table.

    First off, this really is a beauty to look at, all the colours just work so nicely. The tiny screen which comes to life when you start a fight is very cool and the way the ball is held by a magnet while you watch the scene on it is ace. I like! Choosing which side the fight will be by hitting the Force spinner with either flipper is very clever. On that subject I tend to use the left flipper to light the Force letters as it's a slightly easier shot and you can quite often catch the ball with the left flipper held.

    It's worth enabling the kickbacks at the start, fairly simple. Hit the target on the right with the end of the left flipper 2-3 times to light Wall of Light (right kickback)
    Hit the Transfer and Essence targets on the left with the end of the right flipper to light the left kickback.

    In the R2-D2 mini-game don't worry too much if you hit the red lights, just try and hit all the greens. Once you hit 5 you get a ball-saver (30 seconds I think) and also a big bonus at the end of the ball, I thinks it's 500,000 for each time you complete it and obviously that can be multiplied by up to 10X.

    I found a good way to collect any Dark side extra balls earned. When the ball is lifted to the small left upper flipper by the up-kicker rather than firing it across the playfield just hold the flipper up and the ball normally drops down and collects the extra ball below. This is also a good way to start the loop challenge (not sure what it's called, Alchemy? The one at the bottom left where you have to hit 5 loops to get an extra ball) I've managed 2 loops so far but only just found this method of getting there so should get more practise now.

    I won't spoil things by going into all the fights but they are great fun and a real challenge. I wish the left mini-loop/up-kicker wasn't so hard to hit though, it is so frustrating. And sometimes even when you do manage to hit it the power of the shot has to be so exact that the ball just falls down again. This all adds up to a real low point for the table as it becomes a real chore to hit the shot sometimes.

    I like that earning the extra ball is a challenge too, makes it so much more rewarding when you win one. I think we're going to need them all to win all fights and beat the Wizard mode too...

    Just thought of another small gripe, the skill-shot. I think it could have been made slightly easier to hit as I can only get it about 1 in every 20 attempts. I do like the double skill-shot feature though (perform a skill-shot then hit the cross ramp with the right-upper flipper)

    I think the sound effects and speech samples are about the best there has been yet, nice variety too.

    The Force Super-Spinner is a nice feature with some decent points attached too. I think it could have been even better, if you hit it when active then it would light up more than just one Force letter? Maybe keep lighting the letters while it spins? Lighting all the Force letters to start the fights can get a bit wearing and this would have lifted that slightly.

    The Holocron mini-games are ok, a decent challenge but fair. I will try and complete as many as I can before the end battle Wizard modes as it will boost those jackpots. Bit of a pity that both mini-games are nearly identical though, would have been nice to have something different.
    I got wizard mode with one extra ball from beating 3 fights. then u beat the three fights for the other side u get another extra ball. All fights are actually pretty easy
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 05-07-2014 at 08:36 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Am I the only one that dislikes this table? Sure it looks pretty, but it feels like a sharpshooter table with all risk and very little reward. Very frustrating!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    First post on this forum just to discuss this table!!

    It's definitely very low scoring, been playing it a lot the past few days and just got a high score of just under 47M which was good for #5 on the Kindle Fire leaderboards.

    The skillshot is very precise but I can get it at least 50% of time, you wanna be pretty much right in between the second and third lines of the plunger. Super skillshot is pretty easy too, good chance of netting 1.5M every time you launch the ball.

    Definitely agree with getting those kickbacks activated first, any tips on hitting the "transfer" button (the one on the far left)... I can get everything else but usually have to rely on luck to hit that one.

    I haven't even be close to Wizard Mode yet so the Holocron mode seems like a lot of effort for not too many points, but still worth it on this low scoring table since it's basically an extra mode with bonus points. How exactly do holocrons influence scoring in Wizard mode?

    The hardest thing for me has been hitting the Force Spinner with any sort of consistency. I've found it much easier to hit from the right which contradicts the OP... Super spinner is a great way to rack up some quick millions if you can hit it in time!!! I've also not yet activated any multiball besides the "quick" one, though I've been close on the one that involves hitting the right loop. Regardless locking balls seems like a good strategy to pick up an easy skillshot.

    I have no idea what's going on in the alchemy mode, doesn't seem to say anything in the table guide??? The most I've ever managed was just one loop around the outside which didn't seem to do anything. That ball moves fast!

    The main missions really seem to be where the major points are at, but I've only managed to clear one so far!!! That was on the light side which has been easier for me, at least for mission 1. Accessed Light Mission 2 which is seemed similar to mission 1 but worth slightly more points, hits on Dooku scoring 1.5M instead of 1M for the Maul fight. In the dark mission hitting Yoda from the spinning platform seemed very tough at first but I hit it twice today. At least it only requires one hit and then it starts the main fight. In two different games I scored 5M and 10M for the first Yoda hit which I thought was a weird discrepancy.


    Thanks for the great table Zen, determined to Wizard Mode this someday, keep up the great work!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Great table but that left orbit shot is just ridiculous. I'm pretty accurate but getting that is really random IMO. It's essential to hit for increased Jackpots for the Dark Side MBs. And the first fight for the Dark Side. Starting and Beating the light side fights are a bit easier. I love the fact that the targets move around when not hitting the correct character(s)

    Still love the table. It's quite challenging and I can't get enough of it even though I shout obscenities trying to hit that left orbit shot.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Am I the only one that dislikes this table? Sure it looks pretty, but it feels like a sharpshooter table with all risk and very little reward. Very frustrating!
    I'm really struggling with it too The left ramp is ridiculously hard to hit and hitting Yoda with the spinning ball is nails too. If that ramp was more accessible it would be a more enjoyable table. I'll keep bashing away at it but it is frustrating not being able to hit that shot with any certainty, if at all!

  7. #7

    Default

    this table is hard for me as well..all the ramps are too tight. but it's a nice challenge to beat those high scores because they're not that much high

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    This is the only game so far I've figured out how to score reasonable scores on, but I has only been about five days since purchasing the game. Let alone the board. Managed to rack up a tenth place all time, though on the Android leader board. Hitting the force spinner and knocking the sith senseless has done it for me.

    Sent from my Nexus 7

  9. #9
    Junior Member Ramikadyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    This table is seriously more punishing than most of the other tables I'm used to. It requires a ton of precision shots to net a significant score; after a few games of learning the table, I had a match that lasted a good half hour, and realized at the end that I had barely hit 40 million, most of which came from a single fight I had managed to finish. But I'm really starting to get into it. The difficulty is what's keeping me hooked.

    Pretty much all the combo shots require nailing ramps all the way across the table. Even the Force Spinner, which is what the overall main goal of the table is tied to, proves to be a tremendous challenge to hit consistently. During my first several games, I had pretty much written skill shots off as being impossible to the point of bugged, but I've gotten much better at them, although not as adept at them as I feel like I should be—they truly live up to their name. The Sith Alchemy mode is still something I can't even scratch yet, and consistently hitting any ramps or scoops on the left side of the table is making me feel like an amateur. Pretty much the only thing I can do consistently is hit the Jedi Holocron to start the Holocron minigame, and completing that is currently a waste of my time until I can progress through the missions.

    All in all, this table is gorgeous and slick, but painfully challenging. And I really like it.

  10. #10

    Default

    Played it a few times now and don't know what to think of it... Really weird table...
    IOS : koencomics PS3 : Koen_C

  11. #11
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    The more I think about it, the more this table reminds me a little of Ninja Gaiden...

  12. #12
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more this table reminds me a little of Ninja Gaiden...
    To me it feels like a combination of Blade, Iron Man and Fear Itself.

  13. #13
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more this table reminds me a little of Ninja Gaiden...
    The miniature TV reminds me of it and the shot to hit the Shadowless footsteps is about as annoying as that left mini-loop grrrr

  14. #14
    Senior Member LeanderL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    To me it feels like a combination of Blade, Iron Man and Fear Itself.
    The table is called "Masters of the Force" aka "Iron Blade of Fear".

  15. #15
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    To me it feels like a combination of Blade, Iron Man and Fear Itself.
    So in other words, it should be the best table in existence Haha, you know you love Blade, Shogun! We gotta break this table.

  16. #16
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    So in other words, it should be the best table in existence Haha, you know you love Blade, Shogun! We gotta break this table.
    I love Blade and Fear Itself, but Iron Man is a different story. One negative can make the whole thing negative.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    We gotta break this table.

    I'm working on it.

    I can do the Light side fights fine. It's that left orbit for the first mission on the dark side is what holds me back. That left orbit shot is just ridiculous.


    You can rack up supers and double super Jackpots if you are good at handling MB's. The down side for the dark side is that in order to raise Jackpots on 'Sith Rage MB', you have to hit that left orbit.

    Best way to start 'Sith Rage' MB is to shoot the silver ball. Shoot the ball up the Sith ramp to the upper left veri-target from a ramp shot and lock it that way for quick locks. Start the MB after the second lock by hitting the silver ball.


    For Illusions MB after locking 3 balls shooting the right ramp and spell lock, you must hit the center circle on the cube to collect the Jackpot. Then hit it again for a double supper and basically locks the ball. hit the center circle again for triple that relocks the ball again. then the sink-hole is present. Hit that and ..... Well surprisingly hadn't done it yet so.....


    Raising Jackpots for the Illusions MB is a bit easier than the Sith one. Just hit the center circle on the cube.


    Love the fact that you really need to be accurate to collect these Jackpots. Even with 3 balls banging around it's quite tough. Try to trap to on either side. Either Back-hand with the right flipper or the natural left flipper while shooting at the cube. All these supers and double supers etc are timed. once that is done you have to shoot the right orbit 3 times to light the jackpots again.

    What makes these MB challenging IMO is that if you want to raise your jackpots, you have to hit the left/right orbit depending on which MB you have. During MB it's tough especially if you have the other balls trapped. So it's a choice. Is it best to raise and collect or collect as fast as you can. It's cool that you have these choices.

    Personally I think it's easier to collect the sith supers than the Jedi's. Only because the Jedi MB is easier to start than the sith one.

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I love Blade and Fear Itself, but Iron Man is a different story. One negative can make the whole thing negative.
    I love Fear itself. Didn't like Blade at first because I didn't understand it. Now it's one of my favorites. Iron Man I consider one of the most challenging tables only because getting and beating the Wizard mode, is very challenging.

    That said this table is a bit on the extreme side of challenging. That $%#%^ left orbit is just RIDICULOUS. The accuracy needed on this table is just insane. Which isn't a bad thing IMO LOVE IT! I'm a glutton for tables like this. Keeps me coming back and trying to get to the wizard mode. Kudos to those that did.


    Better have all you kickbacks (Essence, Wall of light) on. Try to hit the silver ball an miss you can drain down the middle or out lanes really fast. Try hitting the cube and missing could lead to a slow trickle straight down the middle.

    These past couple of days I've been playing Han Solo and Masters. These tables are my favorites by far.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-10-2014 at 06:21 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Yeah, the left orbit is what's giving me trouble...And the fact that I keep choosing the Dark Side lol.

  19. #19
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Yeah, the left orbit is what's giving me trouble...And the fact that I keep choosing the Dark Side lol.
    Surprisingly, I got the left orbit/ramp shot down. I'm having the more trouble with the spinner than anything else. Half of the time, it won't even register the hit because of the stupid realistic physics they are using on the spinner. I know that's how a spinner usually acts in a real machine, but this game instead a real pinball machine.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    So has anyone actually cleared the wizard mode yet

  21. #21
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edc5036 View Post
    So has anyone actually cleared the wizard mode yet
    DiscoKing has! It's not that hard according to him. It's just trying to get into the swing of things.

  22. #22
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Surprisingly, I got the left orbit/ramp shot down. I'm having the more trouble with the spinner than anything else. Half of the time, it won't even register the hit because of the stupid realistic physics they are using on the spinner. I know that's how a spinner usually acts in a real machine, but this game instead a real pinball machine.
    LIES! How do you have it down? Do you hold the ball with the right flipper then go for it? Or is it a shot that needs more speed, so you shoot it up the Yoda ramp on the right first? I swear, sometimes I think I have it, then other times it just doesn't work. I feel like it's a flipper tip shot, but now it doesn't seem to work.

    The spinner is indeed a pain to get, but not nearly as much as the left orbit, for me that is

  23. #23
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    DiscoKing has! It's not that hard according to him. It's just trying to get into the swing of things.
    Was it the "true" wizard mode, though?

  24. #24
    Senior Member DiscoKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Was it the "true" wizard mode, though?
    Yes I got bring balance to the force trophy.

    I did Sith side first died but got Sith trophy
    Sith is real easy. Way easier then Jedi
    On Jedi dooku is hard. The characters block the shot needed to do cross ramp but after that the reSt of Jedi is easy.

    So on next game I did Jedi first once I got past dooku. I did the easy Sith side. Than voila wizard mode.

    It's cool.
    Up top where yoda and the emperor are its not really half and half it's thirds. Like a peace sign if you catch my drift. When you bring balance you turn it to the final third and vader and the emperor is on the stage. At the end vader throws him down the cliff (left of the spinner)like in the movies.

    I'm actually surprised people are struggling with it I got it in like 2 tries
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 05-11-2014 at 03:31 AM.

  25. #25
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Found a bug on the table. The Sith Holocron was down, and my ball ended up right next to the lone ball that sits next to it. They both disappeared and it was a constant noise of two balls hitting each other (no homo). Then, that sound went away. The table tries to fix itself by putting another ball in the plunger every 15 seconds or so but it doesn't succeed. However, if I nudge constantly in an up/right direction, one of the balls (presumably the Holocron ball) will come out and get launched. It will then act as if it's magnetized and wants to go to its home at the Holocron. I think the force is strong with this one. lol I recorded a video, I'll post it when it's done uploading



    Count Dooku is hard. Had to hit the upper left orbit with the upper right flipper, but can't because they are blocking the path!
    Last edited by snakeman07; 05-11-2014 at 06:38 AM.

  26. #26
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    LIES! How do you have it down? Do you hold the ball with the right flipper then go for it? Or is it a shot that needs more speed, so you shoot it up the Yoda ramp on the right first? I swear, sometimes I think I have it, then other times it just doesn't work. I feel like it's a flipper tip shot, but now it doesn't seem to work.
    I can make it pretty easy with the ball cradled on the right flipper. You just need to remember the sweet spot on the flipper itself.

    The spinner on the other hand is a pain, because the ball likes to spin when you hit the spinner. If you are off on the angle, then it will hit the side post.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-11-2014 at 11:46 PM.

  27. #27
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    Yes I got bring balance to the force trophy.

    I did Sith side first died but got Sith trophy
    Sith is real easy. Way easier then Jedi
    On Jedi dooku is hard. The characters block the shot needed to do cross ramp but after that the reSt of Jedi is easy.

    So on next game I did Jedi first once I got past dooku. I did the easy Sith side. Than voila wizard mode.
    I actually completed the three Jedi missions, but I completed a Sith mission first so I didn't get the trophy. That really pissed me off, because of a stupid technicality that I overlooked on the trophy description.

    I didn't know that the Sith missions were supper easy. I'll play the Sith side first and try to get that trophy at the very least. I've been focusing only on the Jedi side lately.

  28. #28
    Junior Member Ramikadyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Yeah, the left orbit is what's giving me trouble...And the fact that I keep choosing the Dark Side lol.
    If you're like me and you're much more accurate with the left flipper (Dark Side) when aiming for the Force Spinner, you can choose the Light Side missions by activating the right flipper immediately after firing the ball for the center loop with the left flipper; the alignment missions aren't chosen by the flippers from which the ball was shot necessarily, but rather by the diverter just inside the center loop, which pivots depending on which flipper was hit last and redirects the ball to the side of that flipper (you can see the diverter moving as you tap each flipper when the ball is being raised by the Jedi Holocron to the mini-playfield).

    Unless you mean you keep completing the hurry-ups and moving toward the Dark end of the spectrum.

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Count Dooku is hard. Had to hit the upper left orbit with the upper right flipper, but can't because they are blocking the path!
    Go for the Force Spinner center loop instead by using the right flipper to change the diverter so that the ball comes out the right orbit and onto the upper right flipper. Gives you a straight shot for the cross ramp. And yeah, that shot is a huge pain in the ass. If the pop-up targets are in the way of both the left orbit and center loop, hit one of them to get them to move a little a bit.
    Last edited by Ramikadyc; 05-11-2014 at 06:03 PM. Reason: more info

  29. #29
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I didn't know that the Sith missions were supper easy. I'll play the Sith side first and try to get that trophy at the very least. I've been focusing only on the Jedi side lately.

    I wouldn't say they were 'super easy', hitting Yoda with the spinning holocron can be a pain for starters (although it is cool). I think completing all six fights in one game is going to be a decent challenge though, having said that there have been a lot harder missions etc. in previous Zen tables...

  30. #30
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I can make it pretty easy with the cradled ball on the right flipper. You just need to remember sweet spot on the flipper itself.

    The spinner on the other hand is a pain, because the ball likes to spin when you hit the spinner. If you are off on the angle, then it will hit hit the side post.
    What view are you using? I use view 1, though maybe I should switch it to the top view for this particular shot, it might help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramikadyc View Post
    Unless you mean you keep completing the hurry-ups and moving toward the Dark end of the spectrum.

    This lol

    Go for the Force Spinner center loop instead by using the right flipper to change the diverter so that the ball comes out the right orbit and onto the upper right flipper. Gives you a straight shot for the cross ramp. And yeah, that shot is a huge pain in the ass. If the pop-up targets are in the way of both the left orbit and center loop, hit one of them to get them to move a little a bit.
    Good call, I didn't think of that.

  31. #31
    Senior Member DiscoKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    What view are you using? I use view 1, though maybe I should switch it to the top view for this particular shot, it might help.



    Good call, I didn't think of that.
    I use view 4 for all tables

  32. #32
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    What view are you using? I use view 1, though maybe I should switch it to the top view for this particular shot, it might help.
    View 6!

  33. #33
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    I use view 4 for all tables
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    View 6!
    I'll try them all out lol there's a few tables where I have to use a different view, like with Spider-Man I have to have the top down view.

  34. #34
    Senior Member Crazy Bonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Crystal Beach, Ont.
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Just picked up the pack late last night on Steam and I really like this one so far absolutely love the video animation on the playfield, maybe because I've been rocking Future Pinball hard these days. This table almost goes out of the realm of pinball even by Zen and Pinball FX2 standards, but then throws you a curve for example the zipper flippers in the top playfield which totally blew me away because they are IMO paying homage to old style pinball. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in as I can't offer any stradagies or help yet.
    Last edited by Crazy Bonus; 05-12-2014 at 05:13 AM.
    Bonus multiplier goes nuts on drains

  35. #35
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    For a while now I've been thinking that to get a 5 hit combo on the Sith alchemy ramp to earn an extra ball is nearly impossible, my best was 2 hits. Today I seem to have got the timing down though, I was able to hit 5 or 6 hit combos regularly. This helped me to win all 6 fights and I got the Prophecy fulfilled Trophy, I really love the fights in this table. 2nd on the PS3 leaderboard too, wish I had gone for more Holocrons now... Oh well, next time.

  36. #36
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    View 6!
    Always view 5 for me, all down to what you personally find most comfortable.

  37. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Just hit the #1 score on Kindle Fire leaderboards with 62.6M... still coulda been way better! I only completed one fight and had a total dud of a last ball.

    I got my first ever extra ball on that round but I have no idea how I did it. It seemed like I just hit into the reactor shaft but it said PROTON TORPEDO, awarded me 3M and lit the extra ball. Anyone have any idea how that happens?

  38. #38
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edc5036 View Post
    Just hit the #1 score on Kindle Fire leaderboards with 62.6M... still coulda been way better! I only completed one fight and had a total dud of a last ball.

    I got my first ever extra ball on that round but I have no idea how I did it. It seemed like I just hit into the reactor shaft but it said PROTON TORPEDO, awarded me 3M and lit the extra ball. Anyone have any idea how that happens?
    If you hit the cross ramp with the upper right flipper then the shaft is lit and if you hit it into there straight away you can get the extra ball. This doesn't work at the beginning of a game though as the shaft doesn't light, I guess you have to activate it somehow. Not sure if it's a certain amount of shaft hits or combos maybe?

  39. #39
    Junior Member Ramikadyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    If you hit the cross ramp with the upper right flipper then the shaft is lit and if you hit it into there straight away you can get the extra ball. This doesn't work at the beginning of a game though as the shaft doesn't light, I guess you have to activate it somehow. Not sure if it's a certain amount of shaft hits or combos maybe?
    Your alignment has to move from neutral. If you move towards the Light Side you get the Proton Torpedo shot, and towards the Dark Side gives you the Super Laser shot. They're basically the same thing, you just hit the cross ramp to activate it and then hit the Reactor Shaft quickly to win it. If your alignment is neutral, a cross ramp shot that's not part of a combo adds to your Balance bonus for end-of-ball.
    Last edited by Ramikadyc; 05-12-2014 at 09:21 PM.

  40. #40
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramikadyc View Post
    Your alignment has to move from neutral. If you move towards the Light Side you get the Proton Torpedo shot, and towards the Dark Side gives you the Super Laser shot. They're basically the same thing, you just hit the cross ramp to activate it and then hit the Reactor Shaft quickly to win it. If your alignment is neutral, a cross ramp shot that's not part of a combo adds to your Balance bonus for end-of-ball.
    Good info, thanks for that Ramikadyc

  41. #41
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    The same bug that I posted happened to me again, the Sith Holocron was down for a while with the extra time it gets from being on the dark side, since I had just beat the first Sith mission for the first time might I add, beating my score and a few friends, and my ball happened to be right at the Holocron when it went back up, sliding my ball into the trap to the right of it with the lone ball, and now my game is broken I even hit the alchemy ramp 5 times for the first time too! Really hope this gets fixed, surprised it hasn't happened to anyone else yet.

  42. #42
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Really hope this gets fixed, surprised it hasn't happened to anyone else yet.
    That's because I usually avoid the Holocrons, since I'm focusing on the fights.

  43. #43
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    That's because I usually avoid the Holocrons, since I'm focusing on the fights.
    Well I like to shoot Holocrons, guess it's a crime And, in case you misunderstood, this didn't happen during a fight. Just clearing that up, as I can read your comment both ways.

  44. #44
    Junior Member Ramikadyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    surprised it hasn't happened to anyone else yet.
    I know exactly what you're talking about. It's happened to me once too, when the Sith Holocron is lowered and my ball manages to get trapped as it raises again. But I was able to shake it out without having to tilt the table or restart.

    I've actually run into a major bug on this table where my ball gets trapped under a bumper, thereby constantly racking up bumper points. I know exactly how it occurred, and it was a total freak-accident that I thought was surely impossible to recreate on purpose (without slow motion). But then I did it again somehow. Here's a picture of my bumper hit statistics, so you can have a better understanding of how nutty this bug is.

    EDIT: Also, just want to note that I'm letting the game idle when I'm otherwise busy with other things while the bumper points rack up, and I plan to eventually upload a short video showing the "power" of the glitch in the hopes that it gets fixed, a video that doesn't show how to recreate it. The video will show the table being reset as well, so that people don't think I'm actually using this to reach the scoreboards; currently the point total in this game with just these bumper hits (minus 40k or so that I accrued before it happened) is 440k.
    Last edited by Ramikadyc; 05-17-2014 at 04:14 PM.

  45. #45
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramikadyc View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about. It's happened to me once too, when the Sith Holocron is lowered and my ball manages to get trapped as it raises again. But I was able to shake it out without having to tilt the table or restart.

    I've actually run into a major bug on this table where my ball gets trapped under a bumper, thereby constantly racking up bumper points. I know exactly how it occurred, and it was a total freak-accident that I thought was surely impossible to recreate on purpose (without slow motion). But then I did it again somehow. Here's a picture of my bumper hit statistics, so you can have a better understanding of how nutty this bug is.

    EDIT: Also, just want to note that I'm letting the game idle when I'm otherwise busy with other things while the bumper points rack up, and I plan to eventually upload a short video showing the "power" of the glitch in the hopes that it gets fixed, a video that doesn't show how to recreate it. The video will show the table being reset as well, so that people don't think I'm actually using this to reach the scoreboards; currently the point total in this game with just these bumper hits (minus 40k or so that I accrued before it happened) is 440k.
    You must have nudged it out of there quick, because mine will disappear in a matter of a few seconds.

    That bumper bug is crazy!

  46. #46
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Hey Barbie, you pm'd me, but..."BarbieBobomb has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."



    To answer your question, I was playing on PS3.

  47. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Hey Barbie, you pm'd me, but..."BarbieBobomb has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."



    To answer your question, I was playing on PS3.
    Thanks!

  48. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Just fell 1 fight shy of getting all the fights. I actually am getting more consistent with that left orbit shot. It's still random though.


    For all the fights when you hit the correct target they randomly go to different spots on the table.

    First Dark side fights is Straight forward - Hit the left orbit with enough strength to get the ball to the pyramid. It starts spinning and you have to time it and release to hit Yoda. (5m) Then you have to hit Yoda several times to weaken him. these shots were 2m per pop. All these shots are timed and resets or adds more time to the mode.

    Ben VS Darth Vader - Memorize which lanes Ben appears as you have to shoot them in sequence. once that's comlete, just hit Ben till his stamina is down to win the fight.

    Darth VS Luke- Very cool concept I thought. Get the ball into the bumpers and get 10 hits. Best way to do it is hit the Right Orbit and Hold the right Flipper to let the ball drop into the Alchemy lane. The ball will release into the bumpers. Get 10 bumper hits and then you can hit Luke's target. Basically you're going to push Luke to the right of the table. Get into the bumpers and repeat 2 more times then basically hit Luke's target till his stamina is low.

    Darth Maul vs ben and Qui Gon - Hit darth several times for 1m jackpots. Then 2 force fields appear 1 between Ben and the other between Qui gon and Maul- hit the shield between Maul and Qui Gon then hit Maul do the same for the other shield. Then as in others hit Maul till his stamina is gone. Each hit was 3m when I was doing it last game.

    Ben anakin Yoda Vs forgot name LOL - Hit sidious several times for 500k each. Then you are required to hit crossramp- Best shoot the lane next to the ball to get to the upper right flipper. be careful not to hit targets as they can block lanes you can get to make the shot. Hit the target (1.5m) till stamina's gone to win fight.

    That's all I got.

  49. #49
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    The last Jedi fight is Luke VS Darth. First you need to hit the pit three times within the time limit, but be careful since Darth Vader will patrol back and forward on the playfield. After that, just hit Darth Vader until his power drains.

  50. #50
    Junior Member Ramikadyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    You must have nudged it out of there quick, because mine will disappear in a matter of a few seconds.

    That bumper bug is crazy!
    Here's the video showing the result of the bumper bug. I planned to let it run to a billion points, but as you can see it takes forever, and I got tired of not playing the table.

    Don't know who to submit this to at Zen, but they seem to be checking out this thread, so good enough for me.

  51. #51
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramikadyc View Post
    Here's the video showing the result of the bumper bug. I planned to let it run to a billion points, but as you can see it takes forever, and I got tired of not playing the table.

    Don't know who to submit this to at Zen, but they seem to be checking out this thread, so good enough for me.
    Best to post it, seems like they may actually fix a few things. Might want to pm Barbie to let her know how you do it so the devs have a better understanding of it.

  52. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramikadyc View Post
    Here's the video showing the result of the bumper bug. I planned to let it run to a billion points, but as you can see it takes forever, and I got tired of not playing the table.

    Don't know who to submit this to at Zen, but they seem to be checking out this thread, so good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Best to post it, seems like they may actually fix a few things. Might want to pm Barbie to let her know how you do it so the devs have a better understanding of it.
    Thanks for posting this! And feel free to PM me any extra details you can provide.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 05-23-2014 at 09:51 PM.

  53. #53
    Junior Member Ramikadyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks for posting this! And feel free to PM me any extra details you can provide.
    No problem. Message sent to you. Let me know if I can provide any other information I may have left out.
    Last edited by Ramikadyc; 05-23-2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: a sentence

  54. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Managed to knock three double skill shots on the launch in one game! Also knocked two double skill shots on one ball after the first was locked. Very lucrative! Getting the single skill shot I now average about nine out of ten times. The seems to be two or three points on the launcher that produces a skill shot. I also got about 2.5 million on the 6.666.666 jackpot. Very happy with that one! It is a hellishly difficult jackpot to get.

    Choosing the side with the force spinner is also a doddle for me. The trick is as follows. If the ball is on the dark side flipper and you want the light side, hold the light side flipper up and launch the ball with the darkest side flipper. As soon as the dark side flipper drops down, the selector behind the spinner returns to the light side.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  55. #55
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NTwoO View Post
    Choosing the side with the force spinner is also a doddle for me. The trick is as follows. If the ball is on the dark side flipper and you want the light side, hold the light side flipper up and launch the ball with the darkest side flipper. As soon as the dark side flipper drops down, the selector behind the spinner returns to the light side.
    Nice tip there my good friend


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  56. #56
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NTwoO View Post

    Choosing the side with the force spinner is also a doddle for me. The trick is as follows. If the ball is on the dark side flipper and you want the light side, hold the light side flipper up and launch the ball with the darkest side flipper.
    Yep, great tip there.

    I've found now I have become better at getting combos on the Sith Alchemy loop there are some big points to be had there for very little work. I've got 30 million a few times in a few seconds (with a 6 hit combo I think) and here's a video of me getting 20 million + an Extra Ball.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFXAv6Ikq64

    I've hit 8 or 9 loops in a combo here before but haven't managed to collect it, I wonder if the score goes above 30 million?
    Last edited by skyway73; 06-04-2014 at 05:23 PM.

  57. #57
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,353

    Default

    Hey anyone know what the true Wizard Mode (Balanced) is it the same as Full Power of The Force?
    Saw that their is a 'HOLD BONUS X' on the Table but can't seem to find out how to activate it at all.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  58. #58
    Junior Member Ramikadyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Hey anyone know what the true Wizard Mode (Balanced) is it the same as Full Power of The Force?
    Saw that their is a 'HOLD BONUS X' on the Table but can't seem to find out how to activate it at all.
    Can't speak to the Wizard Mode, but you can activate the multiplier hold by reaching Sith Alchemist level 5, and your level goes up every time you make a shot around the alchemy loop and successfully send the ball through the top exit. You earn an extra ball almost the same way, except all five of the loop shots have to be back-to-back during the same instance of the mode; for held multipliers, you can do it over the course of several attempts (but always during the same ball, since draining resets your level).

  59. #59
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,353

    Default

    Anybody know how to gain the Jackpots etc. in the Force Rage Multiball? Also Im I correct in thinking you must hit all Lanes/Targets/Sink Holes within the Holocron Mini-Playfield to collect a Holocron?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramikadyc View Post
    Can't speak to the Wizard Mode, but you can activate the multiplier hold by reaching Sith Alchemist level 5, and your level goes up every time you make a shot around the alchemy loop and successfully send the ball through the top exit. You earn an extra ball almost the same way, except all five of the loop shots have to be back-to-back during the same instance of the mode; for held multipliers, you can do it over the course of several attempts (but always during the same ball, since draining resets your level).
    Thanks for that mate.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 06-11-2014 at 06:00 PM.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  60. #60
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Anybody know how to gain the Jackpots etc. in the Force Rage Multiball? Also Im I correct in thinking you must hit all Lanes/Targets/Sink Holes within the Holocron Mini-Playfield to collect a Holocron?
    Not sure about the Force Rage MB but you just need to hit the 4 sink holes (called 'saucers' for this playfield) to earn a Holocron. You can hit the top 2 sink holes straight away but to access the other 2 you need to move the 2 divertors. This is done by hitting the drop targets on the right with an orange triangle beneath them. If you hit them the orange light goes out and you can hit the remaining 2 saucers, hit them again and they light up again and so on. The bottom target controls the bottom divertor and the top target, yep you guessed it, the top divertor

    Hit both the 2 drop targets on the left to light the red triangles and pull the flippers closer together for approx 15 seconds (called 'zipper flippers' on the dot matrix). This makes it almost impossible to drain and can be re-activated over and over.

    Once you have successfully hit a saucer the corresponding flashing blue light turns solid. Turn all 4 blue lights solid and the Holocron is earned.

    Another good tip is to activate the Zipper Flippers I mentioned previously then just let the ball land between your now close-together flippers. Don't worry, as long as you don't flip the ball will just rest between them. Now you can just flip either flipper and the ball usually automatically hits the previously tricky 'end of flipper' shots.

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by skyway73; 06-11-2014 at 09:36 PM.

  61. #61
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Anybody know how to gain the Jackpots etc. in the Force Rage Multiball?
    Ok, I think I have it down now.

    Lock 2 balls in the 2 saucers at the left mini-loop to light Force Rage Multiball at the captive ball. Hit this to start a 3 ball MB where hitting the left mini-loop increases the jackpot by 1 million each hit and hitting the cross ramp off the top right flipper collects the jackpot which starts at 5 million.
    Last edited by skyway73; 06-11-2014 at 10:16 PM.

  62. #62
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,353

    Default

    Thanks skyway73!


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  63. #63
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Thanks skyway73!
    No problem, have some more info!

    Collecting the Jackpot lights the Super jackpot, you need to jump the ball off the now lowered Sith Holocron and land the ball in one of the holes that usually starts the Sith Holocron mini-game. This is worth 20 million and is only lit for a limited time.

    You must then relight the Jackpot again by hitting the main left orbit (not the mini-loop) 4 times, Jackpot is then lit at the cross-ramp again.

  64. #64
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,353

    Default

    Wow skyway73 thanks for the amazing info. Its helping a tonne in fleshing out the Guide more, almost done.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  65. #65
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    I've realised that there is a way to get some big points on the Force Rage MB. Once you have lowered the Sith Holocron and the Super Jackpot is lit, if you manage to lock a ball in one of the saucers (which you can do initially for the fast lock to start the MB) Darth Vader shouts "Double Super Jackpot!" This is worth 40 million and the ball stays locked for a while as well which is handy as it keeps 1 of the 3 balls out of the way.


    Sorry if it's too late for the guide

    *EDIT* You can actually get a "Triple Super Jackpot!!" if you hit a "Double Super Jackpot!" first. Tasty, tasty, very very tasty!
    Last edited by skyway73; 06-24-2014 at 07:34 PM.

  66. #66

    Default

    I haven´t really played this one a lot, but it´s easily one of the most Pat Lawlor-like tables Zen has ever done. Intricate sharp-shooter style with a ton of little mechanisms. Depending on my mood it´s both a good and a bad thing It´s one of the most impressive tables from a pure playfield-design standpoint, though, that´s for sure!

  67. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    I've realised that there is a way to get some big points on the Force Rage MB. Once you have lowered the Sith Holocron and the Super Jackpot is lit, if you manage to lock a ball in one of the saucers (which you can do initially for the fast lock to start the MB) Darth Vader shouts "Double Super Jackpot!" This is worth 40 million and the ball stays locked for a while as well which is handy as it keeps 1 of the 3 balls out of the way.


    Sorry if it's too late for the guide

    *EDIT* You can actually get a "Triple Super Jackpot!!" if you hit a "Double Super Jackpot!" first. Tasty, tasty, very very tasty!
    Exactly. This is the strategy I used to obtain my 102m score when the table originally came out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •