Thread: A new hope wizard mode

Default A new hope wizard mode

Ok got to wizard mode today
    Hit the shots and hear Han say great shot kid one in a million
    Which is the title of trophy but no trophy popped.

On wizard mode I hit all lanes during multiball. Then I shot ramps that encircled the Death Star . But it didn't say how many times to do it. It said just hit ramps so I did there was a timer counting down. But no objective other than shot ramps. I eventually died and lost all balls before timer ran out. And no trophy.

Does anyone know how to get trophy or what to do?

If I held balls and not shot ramps and waited for timer to hit zero what would have happenened.
    Sole purpose of ramps as far as I could tell was just points .???

Anyone know how to get trophy or what to do?

Paging Dr. Deep! Paging Dr. Deep!

I would really like to know this myself.

same here , got all the yellow lit shots , then made shots up the Deathstar... the shots made more & more Points , until the Timer was down
    Maybe just not enough shots on the Deathstar ? Maybe it is a Final Fight, bevore the real Wizzardmode beginns ?
    I go & try again ....

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    same here , got all the yellow lit shots , then made shots up the Deathstar... the shots made more & more Points , until the Timer was down
    Maybe just not enough shots on the Deathstar ? Maybe it is a Final Fight, bevore the real Wizzardmode beginns ?
    I go & try again ....
    Did u reach zero on the timer?
    If so what happened at zero?
    I died before hitting zero and I was on ball 3 so I don't know if table resets, or if you get a second try?

Can you elaborate on what happened in your game?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    Did u reach zero on the timer?
    If so what happened at zero?
    I died before hitting zero and I was on ball 3 so I don't know if table resets, or if you get a second try?

Can you elaborate on what happened in your game?
    I haven't gotten that far there yet. My best has been completing five missions in one game. I just like to know how to get it for other reasons.

i lost some Time in Wizzardmode , cause i waited for the Trophie...
    I did not loose the Ball, the Timer was on Zero & the Missions where all reseted , no second Try

i lost some Time in Wizzardmode , cause i waited for the Trophie...
    I did not loose the Ball, the Timer was on Zero & the Missions where all reseted , no second Try
    Well there goes the theory of just living until time is up

It's gotta be a certain amount of shots then.
    And then the next question is is it a total amount of shots going around the Death Star or is it a certain number for each of the 4 ramps that go around it?

The trophy pops up if you complete the wizard mode, when the Death Star blows up Kinda lot of shots needed, don't give up! Use the Force, Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    The trophy pops up if you complete the wizard mode, when the Death Star blows up Kinda lot of shots needed, don't give up! Use the Force, Luke!
    How many is kinda lot of?

How many is kinda lot of?

Hmmm I only got to the wizard mode the other day. I already got the trophy though and it wasn't beating the wizard mode. I'm pretty sure both was attained as the little icons above the icon itself was there.

I got it beating the 6th scene. Could be a fluke but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Hmmm I only got to the wizard mode the other day. I already got the trophy though and it wasn't beating the wizard mode. I'm pretty sure both was attained as the little icons above the icon itself was there.

I got it beating the 6th scene. Could be a fluke but it's there.
    No trophy for beating scene 6. You could just pick that as first mission I would guess. Thus no difficulty.
    And there are three trophies to this table on Star Wars pinball not just two.

Had a quick look on PSNProfiles.com to see how many players had this trophy, 0.00% worryingly...

Think I'll wait before going for this in case it's broken or something

You have to see the Death Star blows up to get the trophy. Maybe 20 hits after the Death Star comes to the center position in the wizard mode.

only 20 ? lol i had about 9, me noob....

You have to see the Death Star blows up to get the trophy. Maybe 20 hits after the Death Star comes to the center position in the wizard mode.
    Wow 20! I had to be maybe 5-8 shots away I hit it a lot who knows maybe 2 shots away.
    Oh well gotta fight to get back to Death Star.

Ok made it there 3 times recorded my third time for you tube. I failed.
    I think I got 12-13 hits so maybe 7 away from trophy if 20 is magic number.

If you watch video something real funny and just coincidentally happened when I lost my second ball during the 3 ball multiball. I farted! Lol I didn't think the cell phone would pick that up but when I watched it , it was clearly audible

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6T78x1NUcgk
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 05-09-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Wow 20! I had to be maybe 5-8 shots away I hit it a lot who knows maybe 2 shots away.

If you watch video something real funny and just coincidentally happened when I lost my second ball during the 3 ball multiball. I farted! Lol I didn't think the cell phone would pick that up but when I watched it , it was clearly audible

DOOD, DAT GAS lmao I finally had a good run on this table. Got to the wizard mode, and I swear I was only a few shots off from 20 hits or so. I think it was this multiball (wizard mode), but when you get down to two balls, a good technique to get hits is to hold one ball in the right flipper, and shoot the left main ramp with the other ball in the left flipper. Keep holding the right flipper, because the ball will come down and bounce over to the left. This may have been for Yavin, though, I can't remember.

*EDIT* That technique is for Yavin MB lol.
    Last edited by snakeman07; 05-10-2014 at 09:21 PM.

I had my first proper crack at this table today and reached Wizard mode twice on the same go, seems fairly easy to get to but obviously I failed to beat it both times. The shots are ok to hit but the timer is gonna be tight. I'll try again...

On a side note for this table, has anyone else found the hidden Skill shot yet?

Once you choose your lane to hit, rather than go for that just use about half power on the plunger to land the ball halfway round the loop, it's pretty easy to hit every time. Award starts at 1 million and increases 500,000 every time you hit it, I just had it up to 4 million.

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    On a side note for this table, has anyone else found the hidden Skill shot yet?
    Yep! I got it a few times now.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Yep! I got it a few times now.
    Same. I seem to recall my ball going in two different holes for the hidden skill-shot.

Had another couple of goes at the Wizard mode today, first go I ran out of time before I even got close. Second time I lost count of the amount of hits I got in but it must have been close to 20 surely!! That timer is a bit tough man!!!

While I'm here I'll mention my thoughts on the table.

• Hidden skill shot is great, wish there were more secrets in the tables if only Easter Eggs. Or are there?...
    • Starting the Missions by lighting the roll-overs is a refreshing change from hitting targets etc.
    • The super-strength slingshots!!
    • I like the bouncy ball physics round the outlanes, a quick nudge can save a drain.
    • The reverse sunken playfield is fantastic! Fun to play and it looks so realistic, great job.
    • The sound and the effect on the ball when the magnet flings you off up the centre. More magnets!!!
    • The variety of the missions, my favourite is when you hit the Death Star! Great shot kid that was one in a million!

The bits I'm not so keen on:

• The 'Find Luke's X-Wing' minigame. Boring, especially after you have found the extra ball.
    • The table has plenty of great flashing lights but as the whole table is set with such a high ambient light they really don't stand out. That's a shame.

Overall a lot of fun to play and a real challenge, great work as usual guys!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Hey guys if you fail the Wizard Mode i.e go down to 1 Ball or time runs out does it reset the Table?

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Hey guys if you fail the Wizard Mode i.e go down to 1 Ball or time runs out does it reset the Table?
    If time runs out u fail and table resets.
    If u loose balls and go down to one , u can still complete wizard mode you just need to get 20 hits before timer reaches zero.

Tried 5 times now. Keep running out of time at about 12-13 hits

If time runs out u fail and table resets.
    If u loose balls and go down to one , u can still complete wizard mode you just need to get 20 hits before timer reaches zero.

Tried 5 times now. Keep running out of time at about 12-13 hits
    That time is so tight, can't see many players completing this one can you? I've had 4-5 tries now, just wondering something about the timer and maybe you have noticed Disco- when you have hit every lit lane for the first part and you start the final 20 hit part does the timer reset again or are you left with whatever time you have? I think it is the latter but I'm not 100% sure.

It's not the best feeling when that timer runs out and you realise you have to go through all the missions again to have another crack. Yet we still come back for more

That time is so tight, can't see many players completing this one can you? I've had 4-5 tries now, just wondering something about the timer and maybe you have noticed Disco- when you have hit every lit lane for the first part and you start the final 20 hit part does the timer reset again or are you left with whatever time you have? I think it is the latter but I'm not 100% sure.

It's not the best feeling when that timer runs out and you realise you have to go through all the missions again to have another crack. Yet we still come back for more
    Not sure. Too hard to concentrate on all the balls and watch timer .
    I did record my third try on you tube
    Maybe you can see the dmd in the video
    I posted the video a few posts earlier I think it's too small to see on my phone but maybe watching it on a PC u could see

Ok I payed attention this time
    Timer started at 128 sec
    After all ramp shots I had 93 sec balls explode before they come back out.
    By that time I had 89 sec with no timer reset and time still going while balls explode and you wait for new ones for second stage.

On try seven I made 18 shots. Time ran out an I only had two left.
    Had about 12 seconds to make last two shots just couldn't control the ball or I just wasn't accurate enough when I did. So close.

I really hope it's not more than 20.

Ok I payed attention this time
    Timer started at 128 sec
    After all ramp shots I had 93 sec balls explode before they come back out.
    By that time I had 89 sec with no timer reset and time still going while balls explode and you wait for new ones for second stage.

On try seven I made 18 shots. Time ran out an I only had two left.
    Had about 12 seconds to make last two shots just couldn't control the ball or I just wasn't accurate enough when I did. So close.

I really hope it's not more than 20.
    Damn Disco, so close! Unlucky I'm sure you'll do it soon. Thanks for the info, I had a feeling the timer didn't reset, that would have just made it too easy I suppose!

Damn Disco, so close! Unlucky I'm sure you'll do it soon. Thanks for the info, I had a feeling the timer didn't reset, that would have just made it too easy I suppose!
    Just counted and it needs 17 hits in the second phase to blow up the Death Star, so keep it up guys!

Just counted and it needs 17 hits in the second phase to blow up the Death Star, so keep it up guys!

We must have been so close then Disco, thanks for that deep you've given me hope

We must have been so close then Disco, thanks for that deep you've given me hope
    he has given us all a New Hope

I cry foul
    I had 18 last game I counted

I cry foul
    I had 18 last game I counted
    Nooooooo!! I must admit I'm sure on one of my attempts I had at least 17 but I have no proof so it could have just been wishful thinking. I want someone to beat it just so I can be sure it's actually possible!...

Nooooooo!! I must admit I'm sure on one of my attempts I had at least 17 but I have no proof so it could have just been wishful thinking. I want someone to beat it just so I can be sure it's actually possible!...
    I'll try to record a video of my next attempt.
    But I really did count and pay attention because of your timer question on my last try and I know I had 18.

Oh well I'll put in a try later today and see what happens.
    Occasionally I get there and the try just is bad , takes forever to get to second stage or I loose my balls not every try is a good one.

I'll try to record a video of my next attempt.
    But I really did count and pay attention because of your timer question on my last try and I know I had 18.

Oh well I'll put in a try later today and see what happens.
    Occasionally I get there and the try just is bad , takes forever to get to second stage or I loose my balls not every try is a good one.
    Are you saying the table creator is telling lies??!

I've too got there and had a massive fail and just need one ramp to start the second stage and miss after miss... GAH!!!

Are you saying the table creator is telling lies??!

I've too got there and had a massive fail and just need one ramp to start the second stage and miss after miss... GAH!!!
    Not lying just maybe miss counted.
    Maybe 2 or 3 balls hit a ramp at the same time and he didn't notice.
    Also curious when asked he said 20 then 17.
    Wouldn't you know if you programmed what the final count is?

And while 20 is a round number that seems logical why 17?
    Plus I know I counted 18 and no trophy

We will find the answer some time soon I'm sure

Not lying just maybe miss counted.
    Maybe 2 or 3 balls hit a ramp at the same time and he didn't notice.
    Also curious when asked he said 20 then 17.
    Wouldn't you know if you programmed what the final count is?

And while 20 is a round number that seems logical why 17?
    Plus I know I counted 18 and no trophy

We will find the answer some time soon I'm sure
    At first I wrote "Maybe 20 hits" because I didn't remember the exact number. I checked it today, and its 17. After the Death Star came down to the center.

I haven't been able to play this table to much yet, but deep usually has wizard reward bonus' on his tables.(Yoda rewards EpV table) I don't see anything specific in the rulesheet, but there is the right orbit training mode, which states complete training mode for big rewards. Has anyone completed a couple of these yet? Do we know what the rewards are? Perhaps there's a wizard mode timer extension there.

At first I wrote "Maybe 20 hits" because I didn't remember the exact number. I checked it today, and its 17. After the Death Star came down to the center.
    That's real weird because I counted and I'm 100% sure I had 18. If you got 2 balls going around at the same time does that count as 2 or 1?
    I wish I recorded that try on video but alas I did not.

Tried again today (my 8th try on wizard mode) and accidentally tilted table trying to get balls on right flipper. Sigh.....
    Don't have the heart to try again tonight.
    I'll try again tomorrow.

Why 17? Such an odd number ? Why not 10 or 15 ?

That's real weird because I counted and I'm 100% sure I had 18. If you got 2 balls going around at the same time does that count as 2 or 1?
    I wish I recorded that try on video but alas I did not.

Tried again today (my 8th try on wizard mode) and accidentally tilted table trying to get balls on right flipper. Sigh.....
    Don't have the heart to try again tonight.
    I'll try again tomorrow.

Why 17? Such an odd number ? Why not 10 or 15 ?
    Well, the number isn't the point. It's the spinning speed of the Death Star. Every hit on the ramps increase the spinning a little from 0.3x till it gets to 8x and it blows up I don't think its glitched, at least not in the script

Well, the number isn't the point. It's the spinning speed of the Death Star. Every hit on the ramps increase the spinning a little from 0.3x till it gets to 8x and it blows up I don't think its glitched, at least not in the script
    That's interesting. I'll try to notice its spinning or spinning faster next time.

But now I have 3 questions:

8 divided by .3 is 26.66. So is it 27 shots not 17?

Does how fast you hit the ramps matter? For example will it slow down if it takes a while to get another shot on it? Making it take more shots?

Do all ramps count? For example I hit a left ramp and start the spinning. Do the right ramps make it spin the opposite way thus negating my 1st shot on the left ramp?
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 05-15-2014 at 10:56 PM.

That's interesting. I'll try to notice its spinning or spinning faster next time.

But now I have 3 questions:

8 divided by .3 is 26.66. So is it 27 shots not 17?

Does how fast you hit the ramps matter? For example will it slow down if it takes a while to get another shot on it? Making it take more shots?

Do all ramps count? For example I hit a left ramp and start the spinning. Do the right ramps make it spin the opposite way thus negating my 1st shot on the left ramp?
    Who said it is increasing by .3 per shot? It just starts from there. No matter how fast or what lane you hit.

Who said it is increasing by .3 per shot? It just starts from there. No matter how fast or what lane you hit.
    Ok.

Just trying to find a reason why 18 didn't pop trophy.
    Hope I'm not bugging you too much.
    And I do really appreciate such fast responses.

I'll just keep trying with new hope

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    I haven't been able to play this table to much yet, but deep usually has wizard reward bonus' on his tables.(Yoda rewards EpV table) I don't see anything specific in the rulesheet, but there is the right orbit training mode, which states complete training mode for big rewards. Has anyone completed a couple of these yet? Do we know what the rewards are? Perhaps there's a wizard mode timer extension there.
    So now we are talking That with the Time sounds interesting, i just payed Attention to the Extraball, that you earn for completing
    Trainingmode-Stage 5 & 5 is not the maximum , i'll check out, what the Rewards are...

yessss, finaly i blew that Deathstar up... was so often just 1 Shot away , yeah Baby

yessss, finaly i blew that Deathstar up... was so often just 1 Shot away , yeah Baby
    You did it! Awesome job sir! At least we know it IS possible, how could we ever have doubted it eh?! I'll have another bash tomorrow maybe

Good job. Any chance you were counting shots?

Good job. Any chance you were counting shots?
    thx...was to wild to count, about 50 shots lol no just joking , did not count, but the secondlast shot was 4'8 millions & the final shot 5 million ....

thx...was to wild to count, about 50 shots lol no just joking , did not count, but the secondlast shot was 4'8 millions & the final shot 5 million ....
    5 mill man I know I've been close.
    Sigh try 9 - another fail for me.

Congrats!

Ok 10th try
    17 hits and had the 4.8 million
    So I'm assuming I was one hit away
    I recorded video so I could watch
    Shot 5 moved slowly around the ramp and a jackpot or score didn't pop up
    So I guess some slow moving shots don't register

And I was literally one shot away at 4.8million then timer hit zero.
    Oh well I'll keep trying

Ok 10th try
    17 hits and had the 4.8 million
    So I'm assuming I was one hit away
    I recorded video so I could watch
    Shot 5 moved slowly around the ramp and a jackpot or score didn't pop up
    So I guess some slow moving shots don't register

And I was literally one shot away at 4.8million then timer hit zero.
    Oh well I'll keep trying
    Gooooood.... I can feeeeeeel your anger....

Keep going Disco, we can do this! I've been recording my efforts too, haven't really been close since though. Sigh.

Gooooood.... I can feeeeeeel your anger....

Keep going Disco, we can do this! I've been recording my efforts too, haven't really been close since though. Sigh.
    Lol you would have heard my anger too. If I posted that video.
    Yeah we can both do it. Just a matter of time.
    I'm completing the 6 missions much faster now.
    So it doesn't take as long to get to the wizard mode.
    I was only getting wizard try once a day but yesterday I put in 3 tries at it.

Finally after 14 tries!
    Boom!!!! Blew up the Death Star!
    Finally. Sheesh.... Now I can take a bit of a breather..... Until the next set of tables come out.

Oh by the way I counted 17 shots
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 05-20-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Finally after 14 tries!
    Finally. Sheesh.... Now I can take a bit of a breather..... Until the next set of tables come out.

Great!

Finally after 14 tries!

Well played sir! I'm still trying...

Also I encountered a bug, I saved the game at the start of Mission 6 and when I returned half the Death Star was visible and the balls got stuck there and eventually stuck in the bumpers, I could hear them but not see them. Eventually Yavin MB started but the balls wouldn't come out. I tilted it and the game froze with TILT buzzing away. I won't risk saving it there again just in case as I had to restart it (the other 5 missions had been completed )

Here's a pic:

Star Wars bug crop.jpg

Death Star destroyed! Phew, that was a tough one. Thank you deep and everyone else involved for another fantastic table.

I left the beginning in to give you all a chuckle...

Lightbulb

Death Star destroyed! Phew, that was a tough one. Thank you deep and everyone else involved for another fantastic table.

I left the beginning in to give you all a chuckle...
    2 comments:

1. Nice job basically doing it with one ball.

2. Nice thumbs up cameo at the end.

Now take a nicely earned rest unto new set of tables

Congrats m8 I'm getting close but still no cigar lol, that timer is tight as!

Woooohoooo! The deathstar is toast lol thank the maker. I didn't notice much of a score boost though! Found a lil trick you can do when looking for the x-wing. If you find the big point bonus, simply go round in a square to pick it up again and again till that nasty party pooper stormtrooper collars you or your time runs out. The laser tower multiball is good for points too, I had the super at 8 million at one point and those lanes are pretty easy to hit

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Snip
    Nice one mate, congratz. Mind if I use some screencaps from the Vid for my Guide?

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by Brucethejam View Post
    Woooohoooo! The deathstar is toast lol thank the maker. I didn't notice much of a score boost though! Found a lil trick you can do when looking for the x-wing. If you find the big point bonus, simply go round in a square to pick it up again and again till that nasty party pooper stormtrooper collars you or your time runs out. The laser tower multiball is good for points too, I had the super at 8 million at one point and those lanes are pretty easy to hit
    Well played mate! And great tip for the X-Wing mini-game, I'll have to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Nice one mate, congratz. Mind if I use some screencaps from the Vid for my Guide?
    Of course, no problem. Apologies for the quality of the video.

A small tip from me for the last part of Wizard mode is to try and hit the small ramp next to the Alliance ramp with the right flipper. The ball is then sent straight down and you can bounce pass it straight back and catch it on the right flipper again. I managed to do this over and over on some goes, have a look at 1:51 on my video to see what I mean (although it didn't go great on that particular go). This also works best if you go down to 1 ball.

Thanks mate A good way to practice for the wizard mode is to start the yavin multiball as these are the same lanes you'll need to hit to complete the second phase! I found it easier when left with 2 balls as 4 just get in the way of each other, which wastes time. I managed to destroy the deathstar on my third attempt at the wizard mode mainly, I think, because I treated it like the yavin multiball.

Well played sir! I'm still trying...

Also I encountered a bug, I saved the game at the start of Mission 6 and when I returned half the Death Star was visible and the balls got stuck there and eventually stuck in the bumpers, I could hear them but not see them. Eventually Yavin MB started but the balls wouldn't come out. I tilted it and the game froze with TILT buzzing away. I won't risk saving it there again just in case as I had to restart it (the other 5 missions had been completed )

Here's a pic:

Star Wars bug crop.jpg
    Ouch, that Death Star isn't supposed to be there I can tell. What platform/title do you play the table? We will try to locate the problem. Thanks!

Ouch, that Death Star isn't supposed to be there I can tell. What platform/title do you play the table? We will try to locate the problem. Thanks!
    PS3

To confirm, I was at the very start of Scene 6 and I exited the game, saved it and returned the next day and it was like this straightaway. All other missions completed. Should be easy to recreate.

PS3

To confirm, I was at the very start of Scene 6 and I exited the game, saved it and returned the next day and it was like this straightaway. All other missions completed. Should be easy to recreate.
    Thanks a lot, I'll look into it tomorrow and sorry for the bug.

PS3

Okay, so the bug only occurs if the Death Star was moved to center previously (Scene 3, or Yavin multiball) and the save/load happens during Scene 3, 6, or Wizard mode. We will fix it as soon as we can.