Warning! Do not download new iOS update for Zen Pinball app.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surf1der
    Pinball Wizard
    • Jan 2012

Warning! Do not download new iOS update for Zen Pinball app.

The ZP update descriptions are always vague, never describing the changes. The current update has the cryptic description of "bug fixes." I have no idea if this current update has any fixes for table bugs, because they rarely fix any bugs for iOS, but what I am positive it includes is a large ugly advert in the main menu. Don't download this update if you don't want adverts. I have spent over $50 on this app alone, not including all the money I have spent on the ps3 and steam versions. I don't spend that much money on apps to get adverts and I will no longer buy tables for the iOS platform as long as they remain.
  • StewAtTheU
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by surf1der
    The ZP update descriptions are always vague, never describing the changes. The current update has the cryptic description of "bug fixes." I have no idea if this current update has any fixes for table bugs, because they rarely fix any bugs for iOS, but what I am positive it includes is a large ugly advert in the main menu. Don't download this update if you don't want adverts. I have spent over $50 on this app alone, not including all the money I have spent on the ps3 and steam versions. I don't spend that much money on apps to get adverts and I will no longer buy tables for the iOS platform as long as they remain.
    Agreed. I am in the same boat as you. This could have been handled better. While the Zen Pinball app itself is free, once somebody starts making in app purchases there should be no ads beyond that point. I know that Zen wants to promote Castle Storm, but I feel many of the people who play this app knew about that Castle Storm long before this update through the forums, plus apple had the app featured right up front in the app store. I have not played it yet, but I downloaded Castle Storm before I even saw the ad on the Zen Pinball app. There was definitely no need to alienate people who have spent good money by adding advertisements to an app that people paid a lot of money on.

Comment

• falcon05
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by StewAtTheU
      Agreed. I am in the same boat as you. This could have been handled better. While the Zen Pinball app itself is free, once somebody starts making in app purchases there should be no ads beyond that point. I know that Zen wants to promote Castle Storm, but I feel many of the people who play this app knew about that Castle Storm long before this update through the forums, plus apple had the app featured right up front in the app store. I have not played it yet, but I downloaded Castle Storm before I even saw the ad on the Zen Pinball app. There was definitely no need to alienate people who have spent good money by adding advertisements to an app that people paid a lot of money on.
      Yea what gets to me is that they keep saying they don't have time to implement the bug fixes and yet they have no problems rolling out "features" like this. At the very least they could've updated the boring "floating bubbles" interface to something that's more akin to the Pinball FX2 one.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

This will be going away very shortly, no need to worry.

Comment

Working...