Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Pinball

Default The Walking Dead Pinball

The Walking Dead Pinball will come to Zen Pinball 2 for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita later this summer! Details and trailer on the Zen Blog!

I'm not personally a fan of The Walking Dead and actually know next to nothing about it, I know it's very popular though and I'm sure this will be ace

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The Walking Dead Pinball will come to Zen Pinball 2 for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita later this summer! Details and trailer on the Zen Blog!

Could we assume Wii U will get the Walking Dead table too (probably later) ?

Interesting. I have never played the Walking Dead series by TellTale. I love the AMC show but it's kins of weird to see the different characters that I have no Idea about.

Should be interesting though.

At any rate I will definitely buy it, as I love what you guys do. Incidentally, it describes Season one of the game series. Does that mean that there are more seasons/tables around the corner as well?

So amid this confusion of release news/leaks what can we expect first. Deadpool or TWD.

Damn did not see this one coming huge fan of walking dead and as someone who played the telltale series this is going be great. Also could this mean other telltale tables maybe? Back to the future/Tales of monkey island/Wolf among us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity06 View Post
    Damn did not see this one coming huge fan of walking dead and as someone who played the telltale series this is going be great. Also could this mean other telltale tables maybe? Back to the future/Tales of monkey island/Wolf among us.
    Dude. That would rule so hard!

Not a HUGE fan of TWD or TT's games, though I did play BTTF and the first season of TWD , and....watch TWD lol but this is cool, I'm down

"Left orbit shot will remember you said that!"
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    I'm not personally a fan of The Walking Dead and actually know next to nothing about it, I know it's very popular though and I'm sure this will be ace
    Neither am I, but I'm all for another horror theme. Here's hoping the table gives off a Fear Itself vibe.

"Dudette" you didn't answer my question.

The blog post link keeps crashing my Chrome. Weird.

Meh at Walking Dead, but HELL YES if more Image Comic properties are made into tables.

Saga
    Revival
    East of West
    Rat Queens

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity06 View Post
    Also could this mean other telltale tables maybe? Back to the future/Tales of monkey island/Wolf among us.
    Not a Walking Dead fan but any of those other tables mentioned would be amazing indeed!Having said that this Walking Dead table should be interesting enough and i'm looking forward to seeing how the choice system is going to be implemented.

Casio

So amid this confusion of release news/leaks what can we expect first. Deadpool or TWD.
    Good question.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Excellent, I was over the moon when I heard TWD Season 1 & 2 as well as The Wolf Among Us were heading to the PS4... now I see this just freaks me out with awesomeness!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I know people really like it, but I actually really disliked the walking Dead. I only have one more episode to go to finish season 1, but it's so dull to me I just can't make myself play it.

I'm sure the tables will be good, and I'm happy for those that like it, but I'm honestly pretty bummed out about this. I own every other table, but I think these will be the first tables ever that I don't buy.

...Then again maybe I'll cave and buy them anyway just because knowing my Zen menu isn't complete will drive me insane. Sigh...

Hmmm...a pin based on a mature rated game. It will be interesting to see how things turn out. A E-T rating wouldn't kill the fanbase or Zen though. I am also speaking of DP which is my favorite comic. I am not saying there should be M rated Zen pins, but a game like the WD isn't exactly kid friendly. Nice reveal though and am looking forward to more footage.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Somehow I can't see us getting a gore fest filled with expletives more likely its going to turn out like Plants vs Zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Somehow I can't see us getting a gore fest filled with expletives more likely its going to turn out like Plants vs Zombies.
    Ditto! The game is rated E10, so they can get away with a little bit of blood but it's not going to be much. I personally hope they take a chapter from the Fear Itself table. The look and music gave the table a creepy doomsday feel.

Yes the sound effects on Fear Itself are some of the best they have made.

Fear Itself is my favorite table hands down.

I'm actually not sure of the artwork. It's seems washed out but that's how the game looks right. Never played it so.....

Still looking forward to any tables that Zen releases. Their designers have interesting mechanics and rules. I just love it. The sooner the better of course. I know The recent SW was just released but I'd say the more the merrier. More tables is more time playing Zen pinball.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Fear Itself is my favorite table hands down.

I'm actually not sure of the artwork. It's seems washed out but that's how the game looks right. Never played it so.....

Still looking forward to any tables that Zen releases. Their designers have interesting mechanics and rules. I just love it. The sooner the better of course. I know The recent SW was just released but I'd say the more the merrier. More tables is more time playing Zen pinball.
    Well said tenorhero, I agree with all that. The artwork doesn't grab me either but I'll still have it!!

There is a vid out there with some gameplay of the table in action. Not much to see but the table looks interesting enough. I found it funny that the guy was nudging so much as if he was playing Pinball arcade so........ As mentioned before the table looks too washed out because of the art Style that the actual game is based on yet intently still looking forward to the table as with any new table Zen releases.

Looks really good, definitely managed to capture the graphics of the game, and I'm excited to hear that most if not all of the first season's cast have returned to voice their characters on the table, Dave Fennoy's (aka Lee) voice is awesome and I'm sure I will grin when I hear the odd 'Damn!' or 'Jesus, Kenny!' from him on here. Same for all of them, really. I'm also interested to see how the first season's choices will get implemented into the table and what effects having characters like Carley and Doug on your crew does. They've got most of the locales on there too - Clem's Treehouse, Lee's Pharamecy, the Saint John's Dairy, the Motel... oh the grim times we had there.

Hoping that Telltale will let them do a Wolf Among Us table down the road as well.

For those who dislike the T series of TWD, try the comic.
    I really like the graphic novel style comic with the stong storyline.
    The TV series are a huge disappointment for me, quit after S2. They really messed up imo.
    So don't judge the theme on the TV-series, if you like the TV series don't read the comics because it could well make you dislike the TV series.

That upper mini-playfield...Haunted House

"It's going to be a very busy summer. This is probably our most exciting summer lineup we've ever had in front of us."

Comic Book Resources interviewed our VP of Publishing, Mel Kirk recently - here is the full interview!

‘Pinball as a story telling medium’. Im sceptical to be honest. Some things just arent meant to go together.

Moon Knight is mentioned. It had cut scenes but who honestly watched them more than a few times before just skipping them to get on with the game?

Still if this works out I look forward to other literary adaptions - Pride and Prejudice Pinball perhaps?
    Last edited by Alipan; 06-25-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Tomorrow we announce the release date for The Walking Dead Pinball. Till then...

https://www.facebook.com/zenstudios/...type=1&theater

Oh cool

The Walking Dead Pinball is coming to Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, PS4 & Vita on August 26th in North America and August 27th in Europe! See http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=4792 for more details!

Completely agree. Sparse sound effects is one of my biggest problem with Zen pinball (in contrast to the excellent mechanical sounds!), Fear Itself has a ton of sounds for almost every single shot in the game, sirens blaring, analog synth-sounding sweeps, explosions… It´s fantastic and gives the table a ton of personality.

I hope that this is a trend that continues - Guardians was pretty silent in comparison. A good pinball definitely needs a lot of jingles and sounds. I usually play the Zen tables with music off as it tends to feel more like generic background music rather than a dynamic soundtrack like in, say, Creature From The Black Lagoon or White Water (which might be a bit unfair since those two are among the best sound work in the pinball business, at least from my perspective). Having better sound cues is something that future tables should definitely improve on, especially since the playfield designs, inserts and DMD animation have gotten so dramatically better over the years.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic. Definitely looking forward to this table

Thumbs up

Nice, I just topped up my psn wallet so im ready for yet another new Zen table. I have a feeling this one is going to be top-nut. cheers to the Zen team.

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    The Walking Dead Pinball is coming to Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, PS4 & Vita on August 26th in North America and August 27th in Europe! See http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=4792 for more details!
    Sweet! The upper playfield reminds me a lot of the one from Haunted House

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1133&picno=23741

Excellent post mmmagnetic, completely agree about the use of sound effects.

This table is looking very interesting, the dark screenshot is cool and hopefully will make the lighting pop out- come on Zen we want more flashes and sounds!!

I really, really like how it doesn't look like it is sitting in a pinball cabinet, but just embedded into the world and background
    That's really one thing I've always thought Zen should do away with.

It's video pinball... why make it look like it is sitting in a physical pinball cab when it isn't a physical re-creation?

Still coming tomorrow...after the psn DDoS attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollwart View Post
    As far as we know, it should still be coming. If I hear otherwise, I'll post.

What is ddos attack?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    What is ddos attack?
    It's a denial of service attack. A really lame group of jerks hacked into PSN a couple days ago and made it impossible for most users to log in (among a lot of other really dumb, immature, illegal things). Feel free to read those links and get really mad...

Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    I really, really like how it doesn't look like it is sitting in a pinball cabinet, but just embedded into the world and background
    That's really one thing I've always thought Zen should do away with.

It's video pinball... why make it look like it is sitting in a physical pinball cab when it isn't a physical re-creation?
    I was a bit unsure about this myself at first, but the more I think about it, the more I agree with you. It really gives the table a much more open vibe, like it´s part of the world around it - the mood of the city around the table isn´t cut off via hypothetical cabinet walls.

That isn´t to say that I really love the "pinbally" elements of the Zen tables. I think all the designers are doing a brilliant job of mixing the fantastic elements with the more realistic parts. There´s always characters doing their thing on the sides of the tables, but most playfield mechanics are relatively feasible.

One thing I especially love are the "moving targets" in Fear Itself or Masters Of The Force: Instead of just polygonal models walking around the playfield, they´re little flat standups that come out of the ground. Even the really outlandish elements like reverse flipper/ball-lock on Ghost Rider are intricate mechanisms that the designer had to come up with - something that might work in real life as well.

I think that´s the reason why I like Zen pinball so much: No matter how outrageous the designs get, they still always have a very PINBALL feel to them. I assume that´s because the designers clearly know a lot of real pinball machines (there´s almost always some little hommage in every table). They are always great pinball playfields first, well executes themes second.

It's a denial of service attack. A really lame group of jerks hacked into PSN a couple days ago and made it impossible for most users to log in (among a lot of other really dumb, immature, illegal things). Feel free to read those links and get really mad...
    I personally don't see DDOS attacks as hacking. Anyone can do it, if you know where to go to get the software. It's just a script that creates artificial traffic that overloads the servers and takes them down. It's hard to prevent DDOS attacks, since the script enters the servers the legitimate way (via an account).

Personally, I call this "group of jerks" Script Kiddies or wannabe hackers. That's exactly what they are. They just want their 15 minutes of fame and they got it with several of the three-letter government agencies.

The first d in ddos stands for distributed. This implies some sort of bot-net right? So someone must have written something and got it out there in the first place. Maybe not hacking, but still pretty sophisticated.

One more thing: can we have a Walking Dead tourney on the PS4 please?
    Last edited by Vince; 08-26-2014 at 04:06 PM.

As far as we know, it should still be coming. If I hear otherwise, I'll post.
    Awesome...thanks BArbie

Oh that's why I couldn't log on and play. I thought sony was just updating servers or simething didn't know it was mischief

Exclamation Hmmm

Okay, I just bought it for PS3, but it seems like I can only download the PS Vita version.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbles View Post
    Okay, I just bought it for PS3, but it seems like I can only download the PS Vita version.
    Can you explain what is happening? Any error messages?

Default Ahh!

Can you explain what is happening? Any error messages?
    Okay, so I was able to download the Ps3 version from my download list on the PS Store. So I'm good.

But I checked back where I originally downloaded it from. I don't get any error messages, but when I try to download it specifically from the ZP2 add-ons page, it says the PS3 version before you click download, but it just ends up downloading the PS Vita version instead. As soon as I bought it, it automatically downloaded the PS vita version without the PS3 version. So in order to get the PS3 version for now, you need to download it from your downloads history page, not the ZP2 add-ons page.

Thats all the info I can give you. I'm from Ontario canada, if its a regional problem. Now I want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbles View Post
    Okay, so I was able to download the Ps3 version from my download list on the PS Store. So I'm good.

But I checked back where I originally downloaded it from. I don't get any error messages, but when I try to download it specifically from the ZP2 add-ons page, it says the PS3 version before you click download, but it just ends up downloading the PS Vita version instead. As soon as I bought it, it automatically downloaded the PS vita version without the PS3 version. So in order to get the PS3 version for now, you need to download it from your downloads history page, not the ZP2 add-ons page.

Thats all the info I can give you. I'm from Ontario canada, if its a regional problem. Now I want to play.
    Great, thanks for letting me know.

Everyone else - remember that the game isn't 100% updated until tomorrow in North America, so it may take a bit of fiddling around to get everything installed correctly. Let me know if you need any help!

One of the best table. This music and design. 9/10[always You can do something better.
    My record is 183 mln and I'm first)) .
    Maybe someone whant join to me on PS3 my id is Neuroup

Greets
    Neuroup of Addict Labs
    http://twitter.com/neuroup

Great, thanks for letting me know.

Everyone else - remember that the game isn't 100% updated until tomorrow in North America, so it may take a bit of fiddling around to get everything installed correctly. Let me know if you need any help!
    Crap...I could use a hand. On PS4, store says 'purchased' and 'installed', but isn't showing up in downloads or in ZP2.

Crap...I could use a hand. On PS4, store says 'purchased' and 'installed', but isn't showing up in downloads or in ZP2.
    Have you tried going into your PS4 settings and do a license restore? Let me know if that doesn't work!

Have you tried going into your PS4 settings and do a license restore? Let me know if that doesn't work!
    Did it...still the same

Did it...still the same
    Try either redownloading from the store, or see if the import button within the game does the trick.

The Walking Dead table is phenomenal. I definitely like the table overall. However, is anyone outside of myself think that the slingshots are too strong? My balls *ahem* are all over the place. I don't know how many side drains I suffer from it. I've played 12 games across 3 platforms (PS4, PS3, and Vita) and it's the same.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I agree Raphie they are a bit strong, but overall I really like the table too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    The Walking Dead table is phenomenal. I definitely like the table overall. However, is anyone outside of myself think that the slingshots are too strong? My balls *ahem* are all over the place. I don't know how many side drains I suffer from it. I've played 12 games across 3 platforms (PS4, PS3, and Vita) and it's the same.
    Hit that spinner Rafie! With only a few spins needed to light both kickbacks it makes sense to keep them lit at all times. Nice touch not using the rollovers etc. to light them BTW, makes a nice change. I find it hard to believe people prefer the GotG style slingshots, they are one of the main reasons that table is amongst my least favourites.

The Walking Dead is so much more fun and has many more interesting features along with deeper rules, I love it! 3 sound effects I love are the car horn for raising the multipliers, the bell when you hit the tower and the little tune when the mission hole is open etc. The lighting is excellent too, top marks!

Nearly got to beat all the missions but getting the ball to be caught by the walkers is proving tricky...

Try either redownloading from the store, or see if the import button within the game does the trick.
    Got it...finally showed up in the table menu and actually downloaded. Thanks for the help!

Hit that spinner Rafie! With only a few spins needed to light both kickbacks it makes sense to keep them lit at all times. Nice touch not using the rollovers etc. to light them BTW, makes a nice change. I find it hard to believe people prefer the GotG style slingshots, they are one of the main reasons that table is amongst my least favourites.

The Walking Dead is so much more fun and has many more interesting features along with deeper rules, I love it! 3 sound effects I love are the car horn for raising the multipliers, the bell when you hit the tower and the little tune when the mission hole is open etc. The lighting is excellent too, top marks!

Nearly got to beat all the missions but getting the ball to be caught by the walkers is proving tricky...
    That's what I did. I started lighting both the kickbacks and going to town. This table is definitely one for the books. It follows TellTale's game to the t. I absolutely adore it. However, I keep beating Scouts ahead, but I don't get the trophy for it. I only got the PS4 version's trophy. Anyway, I want to get all the way to the wizard mode so I can see if that locker opens up at the end. I will keep going until I make it. Btw Sky, your scores are crazy! LOL Oh and yes that car horn startled me. The surround sound was on and my tv was loud. So imagine that car horn going off after you completed a mulitplier right in your living room. Hehehehe It freaked my son out too. He ran to my wife screaming. hehe

I guess it's Walking Dead fever again, because Stern just confirmed that they are doing a Walking Dead table of their own. I guess this one will obviously be based off of the show. I can't wait to play it. Great job, Zen!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I don't have issues with the souped up slingshots. What I have a problem with is the souped up elastic posts between the in and out lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I don't have issues with the souped up slingshots. What I have a problem with is the souped up elastic posts between the in and out lanes.
    I actually like them, gives you a chance to nudge and shake the ball out possibly saving using up a kickback.

Great story Rafie! I've only been able to play with the volume low as kids have been asleep so I can't wait to blast it through my surround system too RE: trophy not popping- are you just completing the Scout ahead? You have to complete it with all 5 shots not hitting the moving ball once to get the trophy, easy enough if you're patient.

Hello!

I agree with you 100%. This table is simply fantastic. I have another problem. I do not know why, but When I can get only one time "extra ball". Few times I was thinking that I will have another "extra ball", but I was doing everything ok and I didn't get a "extra ball"
    Maybe someone know what I'm doing wrong ?

Greets
    Neuroup of Addict Labs
    http://twitter.com/neuroup

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroup View Post
    Hello!

I agree with you 100%. This table is simply fantastic. I have another problem. I do not know why, but When I can get only one time "extra ball". Few times I was thinking that I will have another "extra ball", but I was doing everything ok and I didn't get a "extra ball"
    Maybe someone know what I'm doing wrong ?

Greets

You can take a look at the table guide once you've started your game on whatever table you're playing. I normally get the extra ball by shooting a bunch of ramps consecutively...meaning while the combo timer is still on, I'll hit another ramp until the extra ball pops up in a sinkhole at the left orbit.

That's not the only way to earn an extra ball, but again, read the table guide and it will tell you how to earn them. I hope that helps.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    You haven't noticed how strong the slingshots are compared to other tables? That ball goes everywhere which way. I don't mind the elastic posts, but they don't help the situation either with side drains.

Great story Rafie! I've only been able to play with the volume low as kids have been asleep so I can't wait to blast it through my surround system too RE: trophy not popping- are you just completing the Scout ahead? You have to complete it with all 5 shots not hitting the moving ball once to get the trophy, easy enough if you're patient.
    Dangit that's what it is! I keep hitting that ball. Sometimes when the mode starts and the ball shoots out to a lane, it would hit that ball. It upsets me when I can't hit the lanes in time. I get so mad! Hahaha I'll try again tonight. Especially now that I know that I can't touch the zombie ball. I must have did the PS4 version right the first time without error. It makes sense now. Good lookout, Sky!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I haven't played this table but did Deep design it? He likes the more active slingshots. I like them to. He also said he was going to try to get some of his fellow designers to incorporate them. It makes the table feel more realistic and not a pong match between the slingshots. Real slingshots are meant to make the ball shoot in erratic directions. I can understand that this may frustrate novice players but Zen includes so many features to make the game easier (kickbacks, generous ball saves, non-elastic flipper rubbers, small flipper gap) that it is nice to have a feature that makes it a bit more difficult. I'm not a fan of the marathon games that can last hours. More active slingshots is one way to cut down on that. But I realize this is a divisive issue. I would say we should do a poll but I would rather just let individual designers decide how difficult they want to make their tables. Perhaps they could add an operator's menu adjustment to control slingshot strength (but any changes would invalidate the leaderboards to make it fair).

It's not a Deep table, it's a new designer.

I like the more active slings as well. I thought the outlanes were actually not too bad. The ball tends to rattle around and most of the time it can be nudged out it seems. The kickback is easy to light as well. I think more dangerous is that the loop coming out from the bumpers and weak shots to the tower ramp can send the ball SDTM which is unusual for a Zen table, but even the worst of these can be saved with a nudge also.

It seems pretty solid to me after 5 games or so, only minor complaints are that the sniper video mode tends to happen too often for my taste, and that post passes are as iffy as ever, which is an annoyance on this table since you want to save your nudges for uses other than bouncing the ball over. But overall, my first impression is that it is a good table.

stray_pengo already has 3.5B on the steam leaderboards, no idea how as the scoring seemed pretty moderate! Even other top players are not even close yet, guess he had a real good game or knows something everyone else doesn't.

You haven't noticed how strong the slingshots are compared to other tables? That ball goes everywhere which way. I don't mind the elastic posts, but they don't help the situation either with side drains.
    Oh I notice the difference, but they don't bother me as much as the posts. Where the ball hits a post, bounces off them a few times, does a complete dead stop, and then rolls into the outlane. It does this 95% percent of the time and by the time I react, the ball has already went down the outlane. What's worse is that the ball's momentum has reduced to the point where it's difficult to do a bang back.

I hate the slingshots in Return of the Jedi. Rocky and Bullwinkle had some awful ones as well.

I didn't mind them too much on Episode IV. Among other things, the dividers between the lanes were far more annoying on that table; it sounds like this is an issue here.

I forget the name of the designer, but when I checked the preview, the table looked like it was done by the same guy who did Stafighter Assault and Deadpool.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Great table! I'm liking this better than GOTG. Perhaps it is because of the active slings which should be standard on all tables.

It isn't as bad as Return of the jedi though. It's right where it should be. Real tables can be this active. I love that the side lines are a bit touchy it works well with the challenge of the table IMO. Only had a chance to play a few games. The missions are challenging enough as the timers are just right.

Not sure what happens when you choose a particular thing. some missions have rescue kenny or rescue sarah or something like that. What's the difference? Is the lanes that you have to shoot for.

The modes are interesting enough too. I like the one where the Zombie ball dances back and forth on the the two lanes you have to shoot.

The top area is quite fun and I love getting that MB mode when you get the ball into the upper sinkhole.
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEther View Post
    I forget the name of the designer, but when I checked the preview, the table looked like it was done by the same guy who did Stafighter Assault and Deadpool.
    If that's the case. Props to him. It's really well done. So far my favorite tables have been done by this guy. Deep and the one who did Han Solo, Master of the Force, Fear Itself. Great tables!

Back to the Active slings. I love them. Other designer need to follow suit. It makes the table experience that much more fun for me.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 08-28-2014 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEther View Post
    Nope, It wasn't me

TWD table is fantastic!!!Love the somber mood, look and sound.The only absolutely essential thing missing is gore.A R-Rating would have taken this table into overdrive.Zen seriously needs a spinoff platform in which they can present mature tables.Amazing possibilities within.
    Btw i'm definitely in the Pro Powerful Slingshot camp.Way more intense and dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ypok View Post
    Nope, It wasn't me
    Heh....I thought I saw your nickname on the table when I looked at the preview, though the names were obscured a little.
    Now I can't find the preview. Oh well.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

No I like the slingshots the way they were before. Not too wonky like a real table. Just because that's how real pinball tables do it doesn't mean it should be that way here. TPA does that. Those super bouncy slingshots are designed to make you drain. Like Big Shot on Pinball Arcade. Side drains WILL happen on that table. No doubt. More ball drains equals more games that equates to more quarters being spent. However, this is not me complaining about the slingshots. I'm just speaking on my dislike for them being too responsive on this particular table. If Zen makes this standard from now on, I will take that spoon of Pepto Bismol and suck it up.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!
    Zen, i'm a ZP Veteran. I have played since the first ZP1 on PS3. And i'm about to give up.

Orbit FORTIFY => Plane ! WTF !
    You lift the left flip to avoid the plane => slingshot => outlane ! WTF ?! How am i suppose to use this orbit ??!!
    Generally, you shot on an orbit, you try to control by lifting the flip => slingshot => outlane
    Orbit SNIPER by the higher flip => Plane !
    The ball get out of the bumper by the SNIPER orbit => hurt the top of the slingshot => outlane
    Impossible to do the "choice" after a mission because the ball is too bouncy, so you shot the first ramp/orbit you can => "choice" impossible
    Timing very strict + ball uncontrolable + ball bouncing everywhere (particulary in the outlanes) => if the mission can't be made by spamming the SWARN orbit or the ramps, it's very difficult.

Ok, it's not 100% of the time but the amount of time i have raged in 1 hour because of these is TOO DAMN HIGH !!!!

Here is my point of view :
    - Hard slingshot = slingchiotte (chiotte means bog in french) ! Slingshot are hard on real pinball machine because they want you to put your money on it, you already have our money when we buy the table.
    - Orbit which gives you a plane when you shot it perfectly = chiotte ! I have no idea why your beta testers have not seen that !
    - ball uncontrolable + bounces everywhere = chiotte !
    There is no pleasure in this for me.

WHY ? WHY ????
    The ambiance is fantastic, missions are good, design is beautiful, ideas are great, and some choice of gameplay just ruin all of that.
    Next time I see a table with hard slingshot, i pass. Like Prof Xavier says on my favorite table X-Men : I can't take it anymore.

I go back on Guardians of the Galaxy. Here i have fun.
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!

I think we have to accept that Zen are trying to cater for everyone, those that like a challenge with added realism and the real casual players who like to activate everything without too much risk. I think it's perfectly acceptable that some tables will be easy and others tricky, although Guardians of the Galaxy was a bit too simple in my opinion. I did think about writing some strong words moaning about that table for a second but came to my senses and went back to playing some of the more challenging tables instead. Or maybe I'm wrong and we all should get our opinions out there, good or bad?... I dunno, I think it's just too easy sometimes to be overly critical so I try and focus on all the positives. But GotG was too easy.

I do kind of agree with the right loop sometimes sending the ball SDTM, that does hurt. Although I used to moan about Deadpool's centre ramp doing the same until I worked out there are ways to avoid it...
    Last edited by skyway73; 08-28-2014 at 06:32 PM.

There is no "table for casual that are easy" and "hard table with realism". I also know that Guardians of the Galaxy is a really easy table.
    A table can be hard and fun : X-Men, Avengers, Fear itself, Earth Defense, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, they are hard tables which can punish you easily with a miss shot. But they don't punish you with a perfectly aimed shot ! That's why I rage against this table.
    In fact, a table can be easy and a little boring : El Dorado, Excalibur. The concept is fun !

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!
    Zen, i'm a ZP Veteran. I have played since the first ZP1 on PS3. And i'm about to give up.

You lift the left flip to avoid the plane => slingshot => outlane ! WTF ?! How am i suppose to use this orbit ??!!
    Generally, you shot on an orbit, you try to control by lifting the flip => slingshot => outlane
    The ball get out of the bumper by the SNIPER orbit => hurt the top of the slingshot => outlane
    Impossible to do the "choice" after a mission because the ball is too bouncy, so you shot the first ramp/orbit you can => "choice" impossible
    Timing very strict + ball uncontrolable + ball bouncing everywhere (particulary in the outlanes) => if the mission can't be made by spamming the SWARN orbit or the ramps, it's very difficult.

Ok, it's not 100% of the time but the amount of time i have raged in 1 hour because of these is TOO DAMN HIGH !!!!

- Hard slingshot = slingchiotte (chiotte means bog in french) ! Slingshot are hard on real pinball machine because they want you to put your money on it, you already have our money when we buy the table.
    - Orbit which gives you a plane when you shot it perfectly = chiotte ! I have no idea why your beta testers have not seen that !

WHY ? WHY ????
    The ambiance is fantastic, missions are good, design is beautiful, ideas are great, and some choice of gameplay just ruin all of that.
    Next time I see a table with hard slingshot, i pass. Like Prof Xavier says on my favorite table X-Men : I can't take it anymore.

I agree, that right orbit is a big drain risk. Every now and then, it just goes right through the flippers. If it was consistent, then you could pre-empt with a nudge, but because it isn't, you just have to wait and hope. I'm Ok with the slingshots because at least (unlike Deadpool) the kickbacks are relatively easy to activate if you don't get sidetracked with missions. Anyways, I enjoy the table and see it as a nice challenge at the moment.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Liking this table a lot so far, and just got my first ever bang back on it so it will be forever in my heart

52M is my high so far, included one extra ball but no idea how I got it, it seemed pretty random.

Quote Originally Posted by edc5036 View Post
    Liking this table a lot so far, and just got my first ever bang back on it so it will be forever in my heart

52M is my high so far, included one extra ball but no idea how I got it, it seemed pretty random.
    The rule sheet gives a couple of ways of scoring extra balls. I can't remember that well now but it is something like finish all the main missions, finish (or just start?) 10 side missions, after multiplier x10, certain amount of combos, lock hole x7.

I'm beginning to develop a bit of a strategy now that goes something like - left orbit and mini-orbit through the spinners for kickbacks (15 spins per kickback). Play mission 5 first because it is mostly a multi-ball (protection against no kickbacks), play mission 1 to help raise the multipliers. Shoot right ramp and then into bumpers to raise multipliers and eventually get extra ball. Only shoot right orbit when ball-save is activated. Always reactivate the kick-backs before doing any further missions/side missions (unless it is one of the multi-balls).

Haven't had a real solid game yet, but there are promising signs that this table can eventually deliver big scores.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

There is no "table for casual that are easy" and "hard table with realism". I also know that Guardians of the Galaxy is a really easy table.
    A table can be hard and fun : X-Men, Avengers, Fear itself, Earth Defense, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, they are hard tables which can punish you easily with a miss shot. But they don't punish you with a perfectly aimed shot ! That's why I rage against this table.
    In fact, a table can be easy and a little boring : El Dorado, Excalibur. The concept is fun !
    A lot of tables punish you when you make shots that you're supposed to. It's actually hate that far more than hyperactive slingshots.
    Nicora's tables are notorious for it, but his aren't the only ones.
    The Storm Spinner on the X-Men table almost always causes at least one ball drain for me.

BTW, I don't get where people think Guardians of the Galaxy is easy. Is it easy to get to the Wizard mode? Yes, just because all you have to do is start the missions. Completing the missions is another story; Yondu and Guadians Multiball are the only two I can complete with any regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    The rule sheet gives a couple of ways of scoring extra balls. I can't remember that well now but it is something like finish all the main missions, finish (or just start?) 10 side missions, after multiplier x10, certain amount of combos, lock hole x7.

I'm beginning to develop a bit of a strategy now that goes something like - left orbit and mini-orbit through the spinners for kickbacks (15 spins per kickback). Play mission 5 first because it is mostly a multi-ball (protection against no kickbacks), play mission 1 to help raise the multipliers. Shoot right ramp and then into bumpers to raise multipliers and eventually get extra ball. Only shoot right orbit when ball-save is activated. Always reactivate the kick-backs before doing any further missions/side missions (unless it is one of the multi-balls).

Haven't had a real solid game yet, but there are promising signs that this table can eventually deliver big scores.
    Yep that's pretty much my strategy. And while the missions themselves don't offer massive points, the Wizard mode does! The only mission I struggle with is getting the ball to be caught by the walkers 3 times.

Another tip: try to avoid hitting the top zombie off your right-upper flipper as it often ends with the ball heading straight to the right outlane. I really love this table, I've got a few ways I think it could be even better but I want to play it a bit more first

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!

WHY ? WHY ????

So this is too my point of view, and that's the big question. I just played 5 games of Walking Dead but already seen the damages.

While you were the leader in the simulation pinball market, largely due to your gameplay, why were you inspired by the physic of the other studios (such as Pinball Arcade), with their borderline gameplay ? Logically, it's the little ones who are inspired by the leader, not the other way. We're witnessing a reverse trend, which is becoming more and more space in the gameroom with these recent releases (A New Hope, Deadpool, and now The Walking Dead, all these tables are more difficult than a real pinball machine).

I thought the start of the competition would not bother you, because between original creation and existing tables, it's not the same market. But the real question wasn't there, and the answer is worse than that : you let yourself influence by the others, you finaly doubt of your physic by comparing your games to others. Instead, please take more time to analyze the gameplay of your own tables, and you'll see a table like Walking Dead could really be fun with a classic physic (like Eldorado for example).

I read a few years ago you were running towards a more punitive gameplay, because you didn't want games last for hours. Why not, but not with slingshots that defy Earth gravity, or by creating special zones where ball float illogicaly, because there were there, specially near the outlanes. If you insist on this point, don't be surprised if one day your recipes will be those of Pinball Arcade, which is struggling today to ask for player's donations to produce a new table.

Whatever happens, I think I'll follow you, because your tables are really beautifull and the cost is perfect. But what a frustrating to see the essence of your games has changed in a few months, under the influence of your smaller competitors. That doesn't make sense !

Instead, thanks a lot for reading me
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Reading this thread I'm beginning to wonder if I'm playing this table on a different system maybe? I'm on PS3 and find getting a good long game on this no problem really

Hmmm, played a bit of this table on the PS3 yesterday and liked it, only got to about 13m but can't wait to get a good session going on it, also waiting to play it on the PS4.

I don't think it's such a killer either. Just played what must be my 3rd or 4th game, 43M and two missions complete with no idea what I was doing. Perhaps I'm not making the shot from hell that gives the SDTM; I'll try again later.

I like the table so far, but I'm not a fan of side games that are not pinball, and so I don't like the shooting; it spoils the flow of the game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    I don't think it's such a killer either. Just played what must be my 3rd or 4th game, 43M and two missions complete with no idea what I was doing. Perhaps I'm not making the shot from hell that gives the SDTM; I'll try again later.

I like the table so far, but I'm not a fan of side games that are not pinball, and so I don't like the shooting; it spoils the flow of the game imo.
    Both these guys that are making these comments on the table being unfair are top players that have Billion+ scores on probably all the tables where it is possible. They are used to having long, calculated games where you get punished for making reckless, inaccurate or weak shots and not for good and required shots. On this table, you take a big risk in shooting the right orbit or the cross table shot from the top right flipper. Coupling that with the hectic bounce from the slingshot, makes for a much less controlled experience. I still maintain that you have more control on this table than on Dead Pool but that has more to do with the fact that the kick-backs are easier to activate and reactivate. I actually really enjoy Dead Pool, but I doubt that I will ever have the opportunity (on Xbox360) to experience all the modes to its fullest because of the difficult kick-backs. Anyways, well timed required shots should not be so risky that they can lead to an unavoidable drain, that equates to being unduly harsh and just plain unfair. I like a difficult table, but also believe that you should have more control of your destiny - I have never been one for gambling

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Well I will try to be clear (sorry it's not easy for me, I like to write but english is not my mother tongue). I'm sure it could be possible to get a high score on Walking Dead. I'll get it, surely. But I'm a "technical" player, I like control and shoot where I've decided (also 1 on 10 is a bad shoot). On Walking Dead that's not the case, it's just impossible to make a construction. The time you waste to try to control the ball, floating between outlanes and slingshots, you just got 3 seconds to finish a main mission.

So where is the fun in this gameplay ? Just suffer. A game must be fun, to stay popular.

If I (a hardgamer) encounter the problem, I think it will be the case for casual gamers too : like all gamers, they like constructive games. Ok Zen wants a more punitive physic, this physic that introduced them to their current success. But the gameroom becomes "pinball for casual game" (like you play Tetris or Candy Crush) with the new tables.

The question is, if they'd started marketing their tables with this physic, may be community will not be as huge as today. Still those who follow them from the beginning feel frustrated, forgotten.

But it's also very daring and "pelleted" (?, in french they're a sense in this word) to launch a new license with a new and so wobbly physic. We'll see if the success will always be there, if they build a table for the Walking Dead season 2... I hope ! But nothing is so certain!

I have not played WD yet so I don’t have an opinion yet. After reading Mammouth’s post I’ve got a bad feeling that I’m going see more of an annoying trend Zen has been guilty of lately. Punishing perfectly made shots is not acceptable. The point is to make the shot and be rewarded. Missing shots or having them role down a ramp because of insufficient power should be dangerous. I’ve seen more and more of these over the last about 10 tables.

I had a lot of trouble with the Blade table early on. There’s a mini-orbit on the upper far right side that just infuriated me with SDTM drains. However there is a way to save it with an upper right flipper. When going for that shot I’m always ready for it. Of course there are still times I hit it on accident and I’m not fast enough, I’m OK with that (punishment for missing my intended shot). Things like the Deadpool center ramp are inexcusable.

I don’t hate the super slingshots (I prefer the less bouncy ones), but if you have them make the kickbacks reasonable to activate. Strong slingshots tables must have reasonable kickback activation. Deadpool is an otherwise good table that I can’t play for more than 3 minutes without getting pissed. The right kickback on Return of the Jedi is completely random to activate. I also hate kickbacks that get activated by spelling words with rollovers at the inlanes or outlanes, but the rails return the balls to a point after the rollover. Kickbacks, ballsaves, and extraballs should be rewards for knowing what I’m doing, not just dumb luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    Well I will try to be clear (sorry it's not easy for me, I like to write but english is not my mother tongue). I'm sure it could be possible to get a high score on Walking Dead. I'll get it, surely. But I'm a "technical" player, I like control and shoot where I've decided (also 1 on 10 is a bad shoot). On Walking Dead that's not the case, it's just impossible to make a construction. The time you waste to try to control the ball, floating between outlanes and slingshots, you just got 3 seconds to finish a main mission.

So where is the fun in this gameplay ? Just suffer. A game must be fun, to stay popular.

If I (a hardgamer) encounter the problem, I think it will be the case for casual gamers too : like all gamers, they like constructive games. Ok Zen wants a more punitive physic, this physic that introduced them to their current success. But the gameroom becomes "pinball for casual game" (like you play Tetris or Candy Crush) with the new tables.

The question is, if they'd started marketing their tables with this physic, may be community will not be as huge as today. Still those who follow them from the beginning feel frustrated, forgotten.

But it's also very daring and "pelleted" (?, in french they're a sense in this word) to launch a new license with a new and so wobbly physic. We'll see if the success will always be there, if they build a table for the Walking Dead season 2... I hope ! But nothing is so certain!
    One more thing, I bought the original ZP after playing the demo of El Dorado. I own every table except WD, which I will get tomorrow. If Deadpool had been the demo, I would not own any tables. I’m using Deadpool as an example because I feel it has 2 or 3 huge problems that completely ruin what could have been a great table.

So if this trend continues, there is a good chance the community will get smaller. Of course new physics may attract just as many people as it loses. Pinball purist who argue that this is more realistic need to remember, this is fantasy pinball, let’s keep it that way. If the table designers want it more realistic, then they need to stop having all the characters fighting in the background as well as all the other real world impossible gimmicks we all love from these tables.

GOTG too easy... WD too hard. Tough job you table devs have... someone's always going to complain.

Personally I love the balance Zen has been pulling off recently. Yes this table can be annoying and frustrating, but that's what pinball's all about! Focus on the kickbacks and you can have long games on this table.... and the right loop hasn't been too bad to me. Its went SDTM once out of probably a couple hundred times for me so far... just keep that left flipper raised. It will likely send the ball to the slingshots but thats why those kicks are so important

Easy extra balls on this table... missions are easy to activate and on a lot of them a ballout is impossible... overall I love the challenge of this table. Not as frustrating as New Hope or Deadpool imo. Keep it up Zen

Quote Originally Posted by edc5036 View Post
    GOTG too easy... WD too hard. Tough job you table devs have... someone's always going to complain
    A table can be easy and a little boring (PvZ), but can also but easy and fun (GotG, Mars). Sometimes, it's good to have an easy table with lot of fun when you don't want to play too seriously.
    WD is not hard, it's broken since you drain your ball with aimed shot. Hard tables are like X-Men, Earth Defense, Civil war if you don't go for the "right hole spam".

Easy or hard is not the issue. Is it fair for a perfectly made shot to go SDTM. Hell no!

This is an interesting conundrum. I can't say I'm a pinball purist or elite player although my scores usually rank in the top 20 - at least on the PS3.

For me it's the challenge of the table that keeps me playing as well as how fun the table is for me. Active slings make it even better.

Interestingly enough that right orbit shot going Down the Middle is so Random to me. Yes it does happen which is somewhat confusing. I wonder if it's some type of glitch or something? There have been tables in TPA that have that random errant move. Cactus Canyon and Attack from MARS where on the way from the orbit which usually just rides down to your flippers randomly hits some mysterious post and goes straight down the middle.

What I think the problem is on the active slings and the somewhat Bounciness of the posts at the out lanes is the the nudging game can come into place. The other problem is that nudging is more punishing in Zens tables. You can only do a few before Tilting. Plus Nudging doesn't change the direction of the ball like it does in TPA.

As it is the active slings isn't what makes the game challenging IMO. It does however give the table some sense of excitement and fear as the ball can head into the outlanes. Since most of Zen's tables already have ways to light kickbacks, it isn't a problem until you activate your kickbacks of course. Also most of the time it's just as easy doing the 'Death Save' on all tables.

Yes I agree that making good shots shouldn't be punishing but as I mentioned before it's pretty random.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 08-29-2014 at 05:11 PM.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. But this kind of design is not unprecedented in the design of real pinball tables or Zen pinball tables for that matter. I have only played on TWD table for a 10 minutes last night. I wouldn't call that right orbit shot the best design but neither is center loop shot on Blade. If you forget to hold that right flipper up a perfect shot to that loop will likely cause a drain. It is risky shot that you should avoid. Plenty of tables have these dangerous types of shots that should be avoided most of the time.

I think in real pinball most dangerous successful shots are bash toys, like grave/sparky/coffin in Metallica, recognizer/disc in Tron, most everything you want to shoot in Iron Man, etc. But, there are not many bash toys in Zen games and a lot of the fun and danger of bash toys really comes from airballs and ball spin, neither of which physics in Zen games really allows for.

Most dangerous returns from good shots ramps/slings/orbits on real tables are dangerous because they put you in the slings, not because they can drain you directly (of course there are MANY examples where a shot that only makes it halfway up a ramp is in severe danger).

I can understand why people don't like the right orbit shot, but I think the table is better for it being there. It is first of all not nearly as dangerous as is claimed, it is never unsaveable and you often don't even need to nudge. You do have to make a quick judgement about what to do, though. Second, it is very rarely necessary to make that shot, unless you are playing for the Fortress multiball, which you shouldn't if you feel the shot is a big risk. Even in modes where that shot is lit, you usually (always??) have another shot lit that you can choose instead. It is refreshing and enjoyable to me to have some Zen tables where you have to put some thought into whether a shot is worthwhile.

Anyway, don't shoot that orbit and don't use the upper flipper to bash the zombie, and you immediately reduce your chances of a rough drain by a lot. You can still light the kickbacks by shooting the orbit through the left side, or through the smile loop which you will be hitting a lot anyway to bash the zombie, or by shooting the right orbit in modes where you will be saved from a drain (Scout Ahead, when you have extra time during the single ball part of mode 5, I think one or two others).

Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    I think in real pinball most dangerous successful shots are bash toys, like grave/sparky/coffin in Metallica, recognizer/disc in Tron, most everything you want to shoot in Iron Man, etc. But, there are not many bash toys in Zen games and a lot of the fun and danger of bash toys really comes from airballs and ball spin, neither of which physics in Zen games really allows for.

Most dangerous returns from good shots ramps/slings/orbits on real tables are dangerous because they put you in the slings, not because they can drain you directly (of course there are MANY examples where a shot that only makes it halfway up a ramp is in severe danger).

I can understand why people don't like the right orbit shot, but I think the table is better for it being there. It is first of all not nearly as dangerous as is claimed, it is never unsaveable and you often don't even need to nudge. You do have to make a quick judgement about what to do, though. Second, it is very rarely necessary to make that shot, unless you are playing for the Fortress multiball, which you shouldn't if you feel the shot is a big risk. Even in modes where that shot is lit, you usually (always??) have another shot lit that you can choose instead. It is refreshing and enjoyable to me to have some Zen tables where you have to put some thought into whether a shot is worthwhile.

Anyway, don't shoot that orbit and don't use the upper flipper to bash the zombie, and you immediately reduce your chances of a rough drain by a lot. You can still light the kickbacks by shooting the orbit through the left side, or through the smile loop which you will be hitting a lot anyway to bash the zombie, or by shooting the right orbit in modes where you will be saved from a drain (Scout Ahead, when you have extra time during the single ball part of mode 5, I think one or two others).
    A whole lot of sense spoken there CTX, couldn't agree more.

Again, I would like to know if players finding a lot of drains from the right loop are playing on PS3 as it has happened to me only once or twice and I've played quite a bit. Or maybe I'm just avoiding it, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

After a few games, I go back a little on my first impressions. Physic is not so difficult as I said (less than Deadpool), but still pretty complex for casual or beginners gamers, who couldn't hope to play more than 10 minutes per game.

In terms of architecture, some lanes must be avoid for a best game (not fun cause you have to play with 75% of the table).

The atmosphere is really terrible (yeah well the first table that is not PEGI 7 !) and I really like.

To conclude, it takes a special learning and you had to strive above that WD table to begin to enjoy (that learning isn't really funy, and not accessible for beginners). So already be a fan of the gameroom for much enjoy, and hope for success.

My first impressions were really good. I'm really happy to finally see a table with energetic slings and mean outlanes that are more like a real pinball table. It also has a lot of different, cool ideas and rules that I like. Love that it doesn't have a physical cabinet to contain it, but that it sits embedded in the world.

However now that I have played many, many games of it on both Vita and PS4 my initial impression has changed. For fun-factor, satisfying/interesting shots and overall design I'd place this one towards the bottom of the list of all the Zen/PFx tables as far as being "good" goes.

It feels like it needed more time to cook before release. Anyone know who designed this one?

As a disclaimer, I haven't bought this table yet.

I think wims has summed it up well. There is a difference in something being difficult because it's challenging, and something being difficult because it's annoying.

As a reference, Masters of the Force does both. The missions themselves are challenging. That's cool. But it's annoying as hell to get those missions started. That's not so cool.

I get the vibe that Walking Dead, with it's slingshots and this orbit, falls more into the annoying category.

I don't think this were Zen should be aiming for a difficult table. I know some here find the tables too easy. But these posters are better than 95-99% of the players out there. They would also buy a generic themed table. When Zen pays money to get the Walking Dead (or any other trademark) license, I think they are aiming to also attract Walking Dead fans who otherwise wouldn't consider video pinball. How many of these fans are going to buy another table when they can't get anywhere on this table for the above mentioned reasons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast