Thread: Deadpool Pinball!

Default Deadpool Pinball!

NEXT WEEK the one and only Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool, is getting his very own pinball table! The new table will be available on PS3, PS4, and Vita on June 24th in North America and June 25th in Europe. Check out the trailer on the blog post!

***When purchasing next week, remember to buy on PS3 or Vita FIRST, then import to PS4 if you'd like to play on multiple platforms!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    NEXT WEEK the one and only Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool, is getting his very own pinball table! The new table will be available on PS3, PS4, and Vita on June 24th in North America and June 25th in Europe. Check out the trailer on the blog post!

***When purchasing next week, remember to buy on PS3 or Vita FIRST, then import to PS4 if you'd like to play on multiple platforms!
    YAAAAASSSSSSSS!!! Nolan North is back to do the voices. This tables looks like so much fun. I can't believe it'll be hear in about a week. WOO!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Next week?? YESSSSSS! Keep the pinball coming guys, looks amazing!

Ha! Nice.
    Now this is a Marvel table that looks fun. I love the layout from what I can see in the trailer.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

This is crazy, announcement and releasing next week.... oh my gooodness the FEELS!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

What a nice Surprise! And next week!!!! This tables looks really interesting.

Curious who designed this one.

Keep them coming Zen Proud to support you in anyway. Looking forward to the Steam summer sale so I can get all the tables. My PS3 is Kaput and don't want to spend $150 for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    What a nice Surprise! And next week!!!! This tables looks really interesting.

Curious who designed this one.

Keep them coming Zen Proud to support you in anyway. Looking forward to the Steam summer sale so I can get all the tables. My PS3 is Kaput and don't want to spend $150 for another one.
    This one was designed by Ypok (Tamas Pokrocz). Sorry about your PS3! I'll be sure to post when we have sales going on again

Looks stellar! I also really like how you're announcing them a week before release! Well, probably won't work with all future tables, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Looks stellar! I also really like how you're announcing them a week before release! Well, probably won't work with all future tables, but still.
    Just mixing it up a bit and seeing how it differs from our usual lead time.

Awesome! Can't wait!

I'm hoping this isn't the end of the Marvel tables either. They have definitely slowed down, which is fine, but the Marvel tables in general are my favorites. Still hoping for a Maximum Carnage or Nightcrawler table .

Side note: that stupid 64gb Vita memory card needs to come to the US. I'm running out of space!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonic-Ice View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait!

I'm hoping this isn't the end of the Marvel tables either. They have definitely slowed down, which is fine, but the Marvel tables in general are my favorites. Still hoping for a Maximum Carnage or Nightcrawler table .

Side note: that stupid 64gb Vita memory card needs to come to the US. I'm running out of space!
    Oh yes, more Marvel will come even after Deadpool. There is just too much awesome material there

Oh yes, more Marvel will come even after Deadpool. There is just too much awesome material there
    Oh great, I may have cried if Marvel was done. Also, will you guys be going to CA Extreme this year?

Oh great, I may have cried if Marvel was done. Also, will you guys be going to CA Extreme this year?
    Planning on it! Not sure if we'll have a setup or just do panels, but I'll post once we get all the details sorted! YAY PINBALL!

I just want to echo that I really love the one week lead time on the announcement. It let's me get as hyped up as I want without leaving me time to cool off and forget about it.
    Also it's pretty exciting to hear there's more Marvel on the way. Make Mine Marvel

Once the Deadpool and Walking Dead tables release, have you guys over at Zen given much thought into tabs for Zen Pinball 2? It seems as though the UI is running out of space without making the icons even smaller. It would be nice to have Original/Marvel/Star Wars tables all in their own tabs.

This one was designed by Ypok (Tamas Pokrocz). Sorry about your PS3! I'll be sure to post when we have sales going on again
    Ypok..... Cool. His first Table Starfighter Assault was really cool. One of my favorites in the SW table packs. Looking forward to this.

Once the Deadpool and Walking Dead tables release, have you guys over at Zen given much thought into tabs for Zen Pinball 2? It seems as though the UI is running out of space without making the icons even smaller. It would be nice to have Original/Marvel/Star Wars tables all in their own tabs.
    We should probably get on that! Pretty soon the icons will be too small to see! I'll make sure to run this by the team again, but I'm sure they've got something planned for when we have more tables than we know what to do with

Awesome! Can't wait until next week.

Well that's disappointing. I thought Deadpool was the last Marvel themed table. At least for awhile. About half the tables are Marvel and I am tired of the theme, especially since I don't like comics. I know people love Marvel, they seem to release 3-4 movies a year. It just seems to be the safe play. There are hundreds of posts with ideas for new pinball table themes. Some are terrible ideas but some a really great. Anyways, I like the layout of the table and it seems to have pretty good flow. But the 3d character dancing, jumping around the table, and playing pinball is cheesy. And the voice acting sounds annoying. I might hold off on this table for awhile. I still haven't played a lot of the new star wars pack. I have only played the droids and masters table a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Well that's disappointing. I thought Deadpool was the last Marvel themed table. At least for awhile. About half the tables are Marvel and I am tired of the theme, especially since I don't like comics. I know people love Marvel, they seem to release 3-4 movies a year. It just seems to be the safe play. There are hundreds of posts with ideas for new pinball table themes. Some are terrible ideas but some a really great. Anyways, I like the layout of the table and it seems to have pretty good flow. But the 3d character dancing, jumping around the table, and playing pinball is cheesy. And the voice acting sounds annoying. I might hold off on this table for awhile. I still haven't played a lot of the new star wars pack. I have only played the droids and masters table a couple of times.

Same here. Part of my excitement for Deadpool was that I thought it was the final Marvel table. For some reason I thought we were done with them and moving on. Oh well. The Marvel tables have started growing on me a bit.

Still, you should probably change the name of the game to Disney pinball at this point.

This table looks awesome and funny to boot. Great job Zen Team. Looking forward to next week. I know some of the PS family got updated already, but not the PS4 yet. Day 1 purchase. Also can't wait on your other announced table. I love this comic and everything Marvel, but I sure do hope you make a sequel to Epic Quest and other original tables.
    Last edited by Kemetman; 06-18-2014 at 06:19 AM.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Super-heroes are certainly interesting, but only to a point. For me there are certain themes in comics that repeat and in the end you only sit with a couple of story-lines. Anyways, what is the use complaining? If Zen is still making good money selling Marvel, I can get past the idea that it is based on yet another super-hero and enjoy the table for its game-play and dynamics. I rarely have an idea of why, in terms of a story, I am doing whatever on a table. I just play to trigger the modes and missions so that I can beat the Wizard mode. There are loads of moves/series etc. out that can be used to introduce very interesting pinball game dynamics. For example, I have watched Edge of Tomorrow recently and I also read the quite different book which I liked more. I can just imagine how awesome a table can be built around the idea that you have to "learn" certain things so that you can make progress. I think it will work better as a levelling up idea like Epic Quest, where you start your next game building on what you have learned so far rather than having to repeat everything in a single game to get to the Wizard mode. These days this is what happens to me when I hear it is a new Marvel table... I start thinking about all the other billion ideas that can be used for a great pinball table
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

If it was a choice between Marvel and your own themed tables such as that awful soccer one with the guys dad dancing on the pitch side the unanimous decision is to bring on more Marvel. But how about some more obscure characters as we've had a s#@t load of Iron Man, Capt America, Wolverine, and Thor.

Deadpool looks nice by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    If it was a choice between Marvel and your own themed tables such as that awful soccer one with the guys dad dancing on the pitch side the unanimous decision is to bring on more Marvel. But how about some more obscure characters as we've had a s#@t load of Iron Man, Capt America, Wolverine, and Thor.
    Great point. Ive thought the same thing myself.

As much as Ive hankered after some more Zen originals when they do release one it generally turns out to be a bit guff. They do seem to make more effort with the Marvel tables.

a new table next week already? crap..i need to budget my games a little

"it will be better than the iron man table anyway" Deadpool next week and you got nolan north I love you zen.

Pumped for this table and that it's coming so soon!!! Even though I don't know a whole lot about the Marvel universe I've loved every single one of their tables! No complaints from me that there will be more of them! And if you're not a fan of Marvel, Walking Dead is on the way too.

As someone who is relatively new to the Zen Pinball universe I've been impressed at the volume and quality of these new tables over the past year, keep it up teaml!!!!

Default Deadpool ... Wii U ?

Hope this will come to the Wii U also. Still have not gotten Dr. Strange yet either. Are there plans?

Quote Originally Posted by The_3DS_Jan1tor View Post
    Hope this will come to the Wii U also. Still have not gotten Dr. Strange yet either. Are there plans?
    No word on an ETA for new stuff just yet, will post the moment we have details

It's party time on PSN North America! Deadpool is live! Remember to buy on PS3 or Vita FIRST, then import to PS4 if you'd like to play on multiple platforms!

It's party time on PSN North America! Deadpool is live! Remember to buy on PS3 or Vita FIRST, then import to PS4 if you'd like to play on multiple platforms!
    Purchasing now!

Spent a little time on this.

Think I understand missions (issues/chapters)

But unclear on trophies
    Table guide does not specifically say how to lock a ball in the box.
    What box? The silver one in the back left? How do you lock it?

Next combo counters to 15 how you do that?

Any oneknow please post.

Btw love the little fella

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    But unclear on trophies
    Table guide does not specifically say how to lock a ball in the box.
    What box? The silver one in the back left? How do you lock it?
    Yes! The silver one in the back left. I can't remember how I locked it, but once one did I just started up a Weasal Mission (hitting the left cross ramp) and the trophy popped.

I assume they are talking about a 15 ramp/orbit combo.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Yes! The silver one in the back left. I can't remember how I locked it, but once one did I just started up a Weasal Mission (hitting the left cross ramp) and the trophy popped.

I assume they are talking about a 15 ramp/orbit combo.

1. Yeah that's the trick . How do u lock it?

2. I make 2-3 hit combos and then collect them to the left . I was thinking of trying to collect 15. After 2-3 combo collect it lights up . Don't know if you can make a 15 combo.

Guys, I'm not sure if you all realize how awesome Zen Studios truly is. I mean, the staff really does listen to what goes on in these forums and other social media and the Deadpool table is a prime example of that. Guys like Rafie and others have been clamouring for this table for years and it's finally here.

AND, and I just had a complete nerdgasm a little while ago when I noticed Archangel on the right sidewall art of the table; along with the other members of the Uncanny X-Force from a few years ago that was featured in the Dark Angel Saga. How I missed that earlier I have no idea.

Now I know I'm probably more excited about that cameo than anybody, but I can't help but think about how many times I've asked them to include Archangel in some way and he's finally in there. So whether I had anything to do with that or not, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Zen. Thank you.

P.S. Who's the artist on this one? Gergo "kocka" Kovacs? Thank that dude for me.

PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Ok really fun table with very nice artwork on the playfield. I even love the music! The only thing that would've made it funnier if it was the real Deapool; swearing and all kinds of weird things, but I must admit it is very nicely done. Thanks to the Zen team and to the author responsible!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Anybody else have trouble using the free view mode? It seems I can only view the left of the table, or it kind of goes to the top right, but goes back down to the bottom left. It doesn't hover around the whole table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Guys, I'm not sure if you all realize how awesome Zen Studios truly is. I mean, the staff really does listen to what goes on in these forums and other social media and the Deadpool table is a prime example of that. Guys like Rafie and others have been clamouring for this table for years and it's finally here.

AND, and I just had a complete nerdgasm a little while ago when I noticed Archangel on the right sidewall art of the table; along with the other members of the Uncanny X-Force from a few years ago that was featured in the Dark Angel Saga. How I missed that earlier I have no idea.

Now I know I'm probably more excited about that cameo than anybody, but I can't help but think about how many times I've asked them to include Archangel in some way and he's finally in there. So whether I had anything to do with that or not, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Zen. Thank you.

P.S. Who's the artist on this one? Gergo "kocka" Kovacs? Thank that dude for me.

Way back when marvel pinball first came out I put in suggestions for punisher and daredevil.

I was wondering if they used my idea for a daredevil table on this table.
    In the forums I suggested a daredevil table where the screen goes black and things light up with ball bounces as a way of showing daredevil's echo location and being blind. They incorporated a similar mode to the one I suggested. And deadpool even makes the comment that this is "Matt Murdock mode"

Wonder if that came from my ideas in the forums.

This table is 'Legend.......Wait for it........ Ary'

I'm really impressed with Ypok. His second table is really well done. It seems fast and there are chances for inaccurate shots to go SDTM. I was short 1 mission to get to wizard mode on my second or 3rd attempt.

First off I'm glad he tweaked the slingshots like Deep did with his tables. This one seems perfectly tuned I thought and I hope every designer does this in all their tables.

love the shot where you have to lift the left upper flipper to collect and get Katana Multiball. That multiball is where you can really score points though and seems to ramp up. So could be like Yavin MB in the New Hope table. Which in a kind of disappointing especially with a table of this quality.

So far I found 3 multiballs.

Katana MB

You can get up to 4 balls. You shoot a certain amount of 'Combo' shots and then there is a 'Collect' option. hold the upper Left flipper and shoot the ball under that to get to the sinkhole on the left to collect. You do that 6 times or so to start 'Katan' MB. Before that starts Deadpool takes his Katana and drives it on the little Pinball Machine in the game. You see the blade in the actual table and You can basically 'Split' a ball in half to make a 4 ball MB. Starts out with a 2 ball MB. I thought that was so cool. During this MB shoot balls up the ramps around the center several times to collect Jackpots. Super Jackpots are at the center ramp.
    Viper - Hit the BOB targets and lock the ball in the both saucers

And the one you shoot the sinkhole 8 times or so

You can increase the difficulty as mentioned in the DMD Shoot the spinners on either orbit. You'll see a progress bar on either side of that center ramp for each Spinner. It's best to shoot the left orbit with a strong shot to go around the loop and spin the right spinner although sometimes it gets diverted into the bumpers.

Mission difficulty is hit or miss IMO. It does give you slightly more value in Jackpot points.

Comic #1 for instance - easy mode gives you 2m completing the correct shots to thwart the thugs. Medium gives you 2.5m and I believe hard gives you only 3m. Of course timers are much shorter and amount of times needed to hit the correct lanes targets are more. I'm not sure the points are worth it to do the harder difficulties. All I know is that #1 give a bigger completion bonus on medium. instead of 500k I got 1m+ depending on how much the jackpots are increased. That is something I'm looking into. Interesting idea though I'm not sure it's worth it. Could be possible that the wizard will take into account the difficulty of each mission and reward points accordingly. As I have yet to get to wizard mode just yet, who knows

Some of the 'stages' in the missions are pretty interesting The arm wrestling one is easy but it's still unique. Have a feeling it's tougher if the difficulties are raised but as I mentioned before, it may not be worth it.

All in all great table. Art sound and the charm is definitely there. Although the comments get old after a while it still puts a smile on my face.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 06-25-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Thumbs up

With only 3 games played so far I really like this table. It seems like a low scoring table like iron man. My best is only 34m so im looking forward to completing more missions to play the hole table. Another great table from the masters of pinball - Zen

Great table! I've managed to play 5 or so games on the Vita and I'm really enjoying the layout and mission structure. Congratulations to the development team!

I think there is the potential for some pretty high scores with the multi-balls... though that centre Deadpool ramp can spit the ball down the middle (and requires some quick reactions to handle).

But unclear on trophies

Any oneknow please post.
    Got the Combo Hoarder trophy last night, it's not too tricky. The combos needed are just 3 ramps in a row and the timer is generous so that helps, just hit the lit lamp after hitting a shot. Depending on which ramp you hit first the combos are set so you have to hit a particular shot next.

You can see your combos completed by looking at the playfield by the ramps, there are 5 yellow lights which need to be lit- they look like lines/strips? Once you have 15 of these lights lit, lift the left flipper and collect behind the upper left flipper. If you drain a ball I think you lose 1 or 2 of your combos.

I'm enjoying the table so far, genuinely funny quotes as well. Love the 'singing a song' one and the quip about it being better than the Iron Man table at least!

jules.jpg

"I dare you. I double dare you!!"

Punk Lizard gave this table an awesome review. 9/10. This is truly a great table!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    Got the Combo Hoarder trophy last night, it's not too tricky. The combos needed are just 3 ramps in a row and the timer is generous so that helps, just hit the lit lamp after hitting a shot. Depending on which ramp you hit first the combos are set so you have to hit a particular shot next.

You can see your combos completed by looking at the playfield by the ramps, there are 5 yellow lights which need to be lit- they look like lines/strips? Once you have 15 of these lights lit, lift the left flipper and collect behind the upper left flipper. If you drain a ball I think you lose 1 or 2 of your combos.

I'm enjoying the table so far, genuinely funny quotes as well. Love the 'singing a song' one and the quip about it being better than the Iron Man table at least!

jules.jpg

"I dare you. I double dare you!!"
    Thanks i had two theories one of each combo. Or just 15 of any and then collect it. I've been trying to hold onto 15 of any. So. 1 of each shouldn't be too hard. Next time I play I'll look for the above mention indicators. I have noticed these after doing a combo though.

Thanks i had two theories one of each combo. Or just 15 of any and then collect it. I've been trying to hold onto 15 of any. So. 1 of each shouldn't be too hard. Next time I play I'll look for the above mention indicators. I have noticed these after doing a combo though.
    I had 15 of any, just go for the easier ones

I had 15 of any, just go for the easier ones
    Ok I understand it now. The lights are bullets btw

Ok I understand it now. The lights are bullets btw
    Oh, haha! I see it now, I must get a better TV...

I think the artwork on this table is amazing, so much detail. Love the neon signs and that mini pinball machine is just the best

Oh, haha! I see it now, I must get a better TV...

I think the artwork on this table is amazing, so much detail. Love the neon signs and that mini pinball machine is just the best
    Yeah great table.

I also figured out when you drain a ball you lose 1 bullet(combo) per magazine clip.
    So say you have 5 combos 1 of each and lose a ball. You would lose all 5 combos. However say you have 5 combos all the same you lose a ball you only lose 1 combo.

And which combo it is (or what bullet goes into which clip) counts on the last shot of the combo not the first.

That should help people.

I got both trophies for ps4. Now I gotta go do both on ps3.

I was shocked to read earlier today that this table is already out.One weeks notice?Not a fan of that release policy.Not at all.
    Anyhow of course i grabbed the table and played a few quick rounds.Cool table but first impression is not as overwhelmed as most seem to be.So far mid tier but i need to play it properly.At the moment i like Iron Man more but i actually really like the Iron Man table!Major problem is that Deadpool(and the Walking Dead table) should be R-rated imo.I heard that TPA is creating a R-rated table platform.That is the way to go.

Is it just me or has the nudge sensitivity been dialed down?Especially bang backs are way more unresponsive than they used to be.If so that would be awesome because i think it is (or used to be?) too easy to get the ball back in play.A bang back should be an exception not the rule imo.

bah..another low scoring table it seems. highest i got is 48M so far. have to practice some more as i got a lot of drains due to that center ramp and that left sink hole beneath the flipper. is there any high scoring modes here?

Quote Originally Posted by johny_dmonic View Post
    bah..another low scoring table it seems. highest i got is 48M so far. have to practice some more as i got a lot of drains due to that center ramp and that left sink hole beneath the flipper. is there any high scoring modes here?
    I don't really care too much about scoring in Zen Pinball.Zen do a lot of things right but too often they just don't know what they are doing and are completely lost when it comes to scoring balance.And it is not like they haven't had enough opportunities to improve.

Yeah great table.

I also figured out when you drain a ball you lose 1 bullet(combo) per magazine clip.
    So say you have 5 combos 1 of each and lose a ball. You would lose all 5 combos. However say you have 5 combos all the same you lose a ball you only lose 1 combo.

And which combo it is (or what bullet goes into which clip) counts on the last shot of the combo not the first.

That should help people.

I got both trophies for ps4. Now I gotta go do both on ps3.
    Lol for some reason I couldn't understand what you meant in this post, perhaps its the humidity over here

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Lol for some reason I couldn't understand what you meant in this post, perhaps its the humidity over here
    Ok do you get it now or should I use more words to explain it better?
    I'm using my phone but I could take some time and type it up better if you want.
    Just tell me what you want me to explain or what you don't understand

Default The combo trophy explained

1. Notice under ramps, holes, and orbits are gun clips. Each clip can hold 5 bullets. To light up a bullet you must complete a combo.

2. A combo is three successful shots in order. Start by shooting a ramp, hole, lane or orbit. Then combo will light up indicating where the second shot is. If successful another combo light will light up and if successful on hitting the third shot deadpool will say you completed a combo, the dmd will say combo, and a bullet will light up in the clip under the ramp, orbit or hole that Finished the combo (the third shot)

3. Now you must collect 15 bullets (combos). So keep completing combos as mentioned above. But only 5 on the same ramp, hole, or orbit. After 5 the clip is full, and you need to start it in a different lane, orbit or hole.

4. After collecting 15 trap ball on right flipper, hold up left flipper and shoot the ball under the top left flipper to collect your trophy.

If you lose a ball you will lose a lit bullet (successfully completed combo) from each clip (located under each ramp, lane, orbit, and hole)

If you did the same combo 4 times, then you have 4 bullets in one clip under the same lane. If you loose your ball you will lose 1 combo. However if you have 1 bullet under 4 different lanes because you did 4 unique combos ,each started in a different ramp, hole, orbit and lose a ball you will lose 4 combos. 1 bullet from each clip. (or 1 combo from each lane)

Does that sound better?
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 06-27-2014 at 01:04 AM.

1. Notice under ramps, holes, and orbits are gun clips. Each clip can hold 5 bullets. To light up a bullet you must complete a combo.

2. A combo is three successful shots in order. Start by shooting a ramp, hole, lane or orbit. Then combo will light up indicating where the second shot is. If successful another combo light will light up and if successful on hitting the third shot deadpool will say you completed a combo, the dmd will say combo, and a bullet will light up in the clip under the ramp, orbit or hole that Finished the combo (the third shot)

3. Now you must collect 15 bullets (combos). So keep completing combos as mentioned above. But only 5 on the same ramp, hole, or orbit. After 5 the clip is full, and you need to start it in a different lane, orbit or hole.

4. After collecting 15 trap ball on right flipper, hold up left flipper and shoot the ball under the top left flipper to collect your trophy.

If you lose a ball you will lose a lit bullet (successfully completed combo) from each clip (located under each ramp, lane, orbit, and hole)

If you did the same combo 4 times, then you have 4 bullets in one clip under the same lane. If you loose your ball you will lose 1 combo. However if you have 1 bullet under 4 different lanes because you did 4 unique combos ,each started in a different ramp, hole, orbit and lose a ball you will lose 4 combos. 1 bullet from each clip. (or 1 combo from each lane)

Does that sound better?
    Thanks for the detailed explination. I'll give it a try over the weekend.

Did any of you notice the little Easter egg they put in the local high scores? It reads as follows:

DPL
    KIC
    KSA
    SSA
    NDC
    HEW
    BUB
    BLE
    GUM
    YEA

In short, Deadpool kicks ass and chews bubble gum

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Did any of you notice the little Easter egg they put in the local high scores? It reads as follows:

DPL
    KIC
    KSA
    SSA
    NDC
    HEW
    BUB
    BLE
    GUM
    YEA

In short, Deadpool kicks ass and chews bubble gum
    Haha...nice!

Nice job guys That centre ramp is a killer though lol, would be better if the walls were slightly convexed, as the potential for a sdtm drain is exceptionally high. Loving how the timer is paused when there's bumper action and the missions are good and varied too. Mission 6 is a toughy, I'm definitely gonna have to practice hitting the lane behind the upper right flipper as it looks like the last shot to beat Deadpool. That grenade saver is a god send, saved my button mashin butt a few times lol. Nearly forgot... Nice moves Deep lol. Mamma mia thatsa spicy extraball.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucethejam View Post
    Nice job guys That centre ramp is a killer though lol, would be better if the walls were slightly convexed, as the potential for a sdtm drain is exceptionally high. Loving how the timer is paused when there's bumper action and the missions are good and varied too. Mission 6 is a toughy, I'm definitely gonna have to practice hitting the lane behind the upper right flipper as it looks like the last shot to beat Deadpool. That grenade saver is a god send, saved my button mashin butt a few times lol. Nearly forgot... Nice moves Deep lol. Mamma mia thatsa spicy extraball.
    Agree- the centre ramp is too perilous. In fact it spoils the table IMO, not only is it risky it looks 'cheap' compared to the rest of this great looking table.

I love the behind-the-flipper shots you speak of, tricky though as you have to avoid the end of your other raised flipper.

Great spot ALH with those initials, nice touch Zen!

Finally, anyone else think it sounds like Barbie laughing at the start?...

Great spot ALH with those initials, nice touch Zen!
    Kudos to Bearded_Warrior, he made the spot.

Agree- the centre ramp is too perilous. In fact it spoils the table IMO, not only is it risky it looks 'cheap' compared to the rest of this great looking table.

I love the behind-the-flipper shots you speak of, tricky though as you have to avoid the end of your other raised flipper.
    So true unfortunately. I usually start with mission 3 then 2 just because those are the missions where you are most likely to drain. The BFS (behind flipper shot, see what I done there) on the left can be hit with the flipper below it, still tryin to see if the otherside can be done that way too. Failing that I'll try raising both flippers as it's a bit safer lol.

I really wanna see this wizard mode and kick Deadpools shoe throwing, perfume spraying ass lol.

Finally, anyone else think it sounds like Barbie laughing at the start?...
    It's not me, but it reeeeally does sound like me!

Does that sound better?
    Crystal clear, thanks a bunch.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

We should probably get on that! Pretty soon the icons will be too small to see! I'll make sure to run this by the team again, but I'm sure they've got something planned for when we have more tables than we know what to do with
    I really love zen i play it just as much as TPA. I love the new deadpool table another masterpiece. I just had a few questions though will there be any tables with a a wider gap between the flippers or is that not possible. Also i was wondering if there would be any more original tables like earth defrnse which is my favorite of the older tables. Finally will there be a totally realistic table ever? I noticed some of the tables hint at realism id love to see one table like real. Thanks keep up the good work regardless!!!

Thought I would post my thoughts after spending some time with the new table, starting with my likes:

• Great art design, loads of detail and the mini pinball machine and character animations are excellent.
    • Nice strength to the sling-shots, I would be happy with slightly more power but at least these feel 'alive'.
    • Collecting the different combos is fun and rewarding.
    • The Kantana Multiball is a cool idea with the blade splitting the ball, big points to be had too.
    • Nice variety of speech samples with some very funny quips, getting a little tired of some of them now but you gotta love Deadpool's charm
    • Flashers, especially under the sling-shots, are nice- pity the table wasn't just a bit darker to really show them off.
    • No boring mini-games! Yay! Pity the shooting range one wasn't tougher though, is it even possible to fail??
    • Adjusting the mission difficulty is a good idea.

The not so good bits:

• That centre ramp. Urgh. Might be just me but I hate the look of it, the feel of it when you do hit it and the oh-so-annoying SDTM drains you get from it. If we must have a shot right in the middle which throws the ball straight back out then at least have a tiny ball-saver or better still a magnet (like a couple of the Star Wars tables) that flings it off centre a bit. That one feature makes me not want to play the table quite often... Grrr...
    • The shots under the upper flippers are a great idea BUT I wish they weren't quite so dangerous. Hitting the ball of the bottom of your lifted flipper is such a painful way to drain, again, maybe a mini ball-save would have worked.
    • A bit more variety in the missions would have been nice, only a small gripe. I guess I'm getting spoilt by all your fantastic innovations on your latest tables!

Anyway, thanks to you all for another great piece of work and I can't wait to see what's next

PS: Any PS3 tournaments planned in the future? I miss them and would love a shot at finally getting some Zen slippers

Thought I would post my thoughts after spending some time with the new table, starting with my likes:

• The Kantana Multiball is a cool idea with the blade splitting the ball, big points to be had too.

• The shots under the upper flippers are a great idea BUT I wish they weren't quite so dangerous. Hitting the ball of the bottom of your lifted flipper is such a painful way to drain, again, maybe a mini ball-save would have worked.

I like your points and agree with most except for what I edited.

This is a great table and one I think has a nice balance where you really need to work for your scores. I love the fact that the center ramps is one of those that gets you nervous. Much like real pinball tables where ramp shots that come down are almost sure SDTM drains and non accurate shots can lead to unwanted drains.

The shots under the upper flippers is one of the best features of this table. Especially along the lines of starting Katana MB. It's no guarantee that those shots will be perfect. Even though getting Katana lead to pretty big points, it's nothing like Yavin MB which was much much easier to start.

Ypok,

I am really impressed with your second table. Loved Starfigher Assault and am looking forward to your next table creation. In fact I just love all the Zen table designers. With all the talk about original pinball ideas, Every single table is original IMO. I can understand that players would want something other than Marvel or SW. If it weren't for the license, Every table would be so different.

Well done Zen. Well done. now I need my fix. Anxiously awaiting for you next table releases.;

I love the fact that the center ramps is one of those that gets you nervous. Much like real pinball tables where ramp shots that come down are almost sure SDTM drains and non accurate shots can lead to unwanted drains.;
    I agree that shots that don't make it up ramps and come back down should be dangerous (that's what you get for not hitting it hard enough). Only problem is this ramp doesn't go anywhere. If the holes aren't open, you are in trouble. Instead of being punished for missing a shot or not hitting it with enough power, I'm being punished for hitting a poorly designed ramp at the wrong time. Might as well just put a drain hole in the middle of the table and say, "don't hit this hole."

That ramp kills this table for me. Fix this problem and you got a really good table.

Quote Originally Posted by daverthehutt View Post
    I agree that shots that don't make it up ramps and come back down should be dangerous (that's what you get for not hitting it hard enough). Only problem is this ramp doesn't go anywhere. If the holes aren't open, you are in trouble. Instead of being punished for missing a shot or not hitting it with enough power, I'm being punished for hitting a poorly designed ramp at the wrong time. Might as well just put a drain hole in the middle of the table and say, "don't hit this hole."

That ramp kills this table for me. Fix this problem and you got a really good table.
    I love the center ramp because it is so punishing. I only have about 15 games on deadpool but so far i see no reason to aim for the ramp unless a hole is open.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8terboi1000 View Post
    I love the center ramp because it is so punishing. I only have about 15 games on deadpool but so far i see no reason to aim for the ramp unless a hole is open.
    The actual problem is there are some errant shots that end up that ramp. Example many missed shots that I aim for the right orbit/spinner just bank right up there. That's the issue that most have I think.

Also the ramps on each side are necessary shot for many of the mission and combo shots.

Ironically though the fact that you need to be accurate with those ramp shots is what makes this table such a treat. Mostly because of the challenge.

The actual problem is there are some errant shots that end up that ramp. Example many missed shots that I aim for the right orbit/spinner just bank right up there. That's the issue that most have I think.

Also the ramps on each side are necessary shot for many of the mission and combo shots.

Ironically though the fact that you need to be accurate with those ramp shots is what makes this table such a treat. Mostly because of the challenge.
    Exactly its designed to punish bad shots most of the time though it hits a flipper and if you stay with it and not panic it wont go stdm. Ive been playing pinball a long time though so i developed a kind of "eagle vision" and usually know whats going to happen a couple of seconds ahead of time
    Last edited by sk8terboi1000; 07-03-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Hi Zen,

Well the Deadpool table is great but really too hard.

You've made a pinball table full of surprises but we just can play a few minutes and can't really explore all the gameplay.

Slingshots are too strong (like a new hope) and you've married them with a more random physic than usually. So the gameplay is really changing, frustrating (too high ball lost frequency in the outlanes) and it won't work with me (and many of your favorite fans). I really hope that's not your future politic.

Pinball FX2 version on XBox360 is apparently more unplayable, may be cause of the physic. Don't know really why but surely, you should test the gameplay (and the fun !) otherwise than with a auto-playing machine.

Oh and may be a bug with the extraball and combos. What do you mean by executing a combo in a "full max" way (that's a translation from the french guide) ? If you're talking about the bullets (executing a combo in a way with 5 bullets), that won't work.

See you for next news !! Asta luego guys !
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

The centre ramp does pretty much waste what otherwise is a great looking table. The SDTM percentage is very high and kinda puts you off playing sometimes, a good 90% of balls lost has been because of that ramp. Is anyone having trouble getting extraballs? The only one I get is the full mag then combo. I've maxed out the multiplier and finished issues 1-5 but still no extraball.

The centre ramp does pretty much waste what otherwise is a great looking table. The SDTM percentage is very high and kinda puts you off playing sometimes, a good 90% of balls lost has been because of that ramp. Is anyone having trouble getting extraballs? The only one I get is the full mag then combo. I've maxed out the multiplier and finished issues 1-5 but still no extraball.
    I too have yet to secure an extra ball. But then again, all I do is shoot flashing lanes and rack up points

Default Extra ball

I too have yet to secure an extra ball. But then again, all I do is shoot flashing lanes and rack up points
    I have gotten extra balls.

Here is how I did it.

1. Fill up a clip (ramp, lane , or orbit) with 5 bullets (combos).
    This maxes out that lane for combos.

2. Then trAp ball with right flipper hold up the left flipper and shoot the ball under the top left flipper. You will collect 5 combos and an extra ball.

Also I think the in game table guide mentions two other ways. But I can't remember what it said. Just pause and read table guide for info

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 07-04-2014 at 03:22 PM.

I have gotten extra balls.

Here is how I did it.

1. Fill up a clip (ramp, lane , or orbit) with 5 bullets (combos).
    This maxes out that lane for combos.

2. Then trAp ball with right flipper hold up the left flipper and shoot the ball under the top left flipper. You will collect 5 combos and an extra ball.

Also I think the in game table guide mentions two other ways. But I can't remember what it said. Just pause and read table guide for info.

Hope that helps.
    Thats the strange thing, I've done what it asks but the only extraball it gives me is for the one you mentioned.

Thats the strange thing, I've done what it asks but the only extraball it gives me is for the one you mentioned.
    I've only got an extra ball by maxing a combo lane and collecting it, I think you can only do this once per ball. I'm sure I maxed out my multipliers a couple of times but didn't light the extra ball? Strange.

I think the centre ramp has provided an interesting debate here, some good points from everyone. All I know is no other Zen table has annoyed me as much as this one, I have tried to work out why as I'm the last person who wants a table to be overly easy; I love a challenge. Maybe it's because the ramp is so easy to hit, it's not like you can just avoid it as the ball will end up there a lot of the time no matter what. Also, it isn't always a SDTM shot so you can't really add a little nudge to try and help things. I would be far happier if the ball was returned at speed at an angle and I had to rely on my flipper control to re-gain control using bounce-passes etc.

All this makes me sad as I just start enjoying the table again until a SDTM makes me want to give up. Once I post a half decent score I'm gonna retire from playing it to save my sanity.

I should have added a couple of other things I do like, no easy extra balls and no long marathon games.

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    Hi Zen,

Well the Deadpool table is great but really too hard.
    To hard? The tricky shots and difficulty are part of what help make this table so good. Most of the other tables are to easy.

I'm not sure you can even call it a hard table when it is still so easy compared to the real thing.

Well I managed to beat Issue 6 (Wizard Mode) on Hard Diff setting, yes some things are quite hard to hit consistently. Overall the Table is a blast to play.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Well I managed to beat Issue 6 (Wizard Mode) on Hard Diff setting, yes some things are quite hard to hit consistently. Overall the Table is a blast to play.
    Any news on the guide? Btw i love your guides there awesome!!!

That grenade saver is a god send
    you can actually make a death save if you time it right and it bops right over the grenade and onto the flipper

with how damn random the drains are on the table i like to keep that grenade alive as long as possible, that is unless the stupid ball drains right off a skill shot

It's fun to play when you get a real "flow" going. Only problem is i'm having a real difficult time doing so. I can complete the chapter missions on easy. couple on medium. But overall i haven't had a really great game on this table yet. Think a few days ago i put up a score of a measly 28 million and that got me 11th place on the leaderboards (After they got fixed).

I even adjusted the sensitivity of the upper flippers to see if that was a problem with hitting those combo ramps at the top.
    Also the views of this table really bug me. On most tables i play on 1 or 1w, some others, view 6 overhead view.

Neither of these 3 views i feel very comfortable playing on. 1w is annoying because when deadpool dances on the left bumper, he obstructs the upper left flipper shot. View 6 just seems too "far away" compared to other tables in the same view.

don't get me going on that stupid purple smoke too....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post

Neither of these 3 views i feel very comfortable playing on. 1w is annoying because when deadpool dances on the left bumper, he obstructs the upper left flipper shot. View 6 just seems too "far away" compared to other tables in the same view.
    I play most of my pinball on the Vita, and View 4 seems to work well on most tables. Same issues with Deadpool. I struggle with my timing when he's dancing in front of the upper right flipper. I suppose that's the point, he's up to shenanigans and supposed to get in you way.

Scored a pretty decent 289M on the table... each time I get a high score, it's been the result of completing a few main and side missions to get the jackpot around 3M a pop. Then getting a sustained multi-ball that runs in to the others. Had a single pop at Chapter 6 but was so excited to complete all 5 that I lost concentration! Does finishing Chapter 6 launch a wizard mode?

Quote Originally Posted by sk8terboi1000 View Post
    Any news on the guide? Btw i love your guides there awesome!!!
    Working on it, hopefully will have it done early August since as I'm going abroad on August 7th for 2 weeks.

Thanks for the kind words.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Scubafinch View Post
    I play most of my pinball on the Vita, and View 4 seems to work well on most tables. Same issues with Deadpool. I struggle with my timing when he's dancing in front of the upper right flipper. I suppose that's the point, he's up to shenanigans and supposed to get in you way.

Scored a pretty decent 289M on the table... each time I get a high score, it's been the result of completing a few main and side missions to get the jackpot around 3M a pop. Then getting a sustained multi-ball that runs in to the others. Had a single pop at Chapter 6 but was so excited to complete all 5 that I lost concentration! Does finishing Chapter 6 launch a wizard mode?
    In landscape orientation I play pretty much every table in view 6 (damn near perfect)
    In portrait I play in usually 3 or 4 (whichever gives the table the most tilt)

Hello!
    I'm a big fan of Zen Pinball and play this game from the start. I have all the tables, which came to ZenPinball2. I have some nices records (Neuroup on PS3) and you can't say that I'm newbie. I want say with full responsibility that Deadpool is the worst table and one of the most annoying table. Something is wrong with him.
    Only I think so ?
    Neuroup of Addict Labs
    http://twitter.com/neuroup

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroup View Post
    Hello!
    I'm a big fan of Zen Pinball and play this game from the start. I have all the tables, which came to ZenPinball2. I have some nices records (Neuroup on PS3) and you can't say that I'm newbie. I want say with full responsibility that Deadpool is the worst table and one of the most annoying table. Something is wrong with him.
    Only I think so ?
    You're not the only one, and that's fine. Deadpool as a character is (purposely) grating, so the table fits his personality. Obviously not everyone is going to love every single table we release, which is why we continue to make more all the time. Sorry this one was not a hit with you - but I'm sure you'll find more in the future that you like.

I'm a big fan of Zen Pinball and play this game from the start. I have all the tables, which came to ZenPinball2. I have some nice records (Neuroup on PS3) and you can't say that I'm newbie. I want say with full responsibility that Deadpool is the worst table and one of the most annoying table. Something is wrong with him.
    Only I think so ?
    "To each their own", as the the old saying goes. I personally love this table, while the Plants vs Zombies table is my least favorite. It all the matter of your your tastes.

You're not the only one, and that's fine. Deadpool as a character is (purposely) grating, so the table fits his personality. Obviously not everyone is going to love every single table we release, which is why we continue to make more all the time. Sorry this one was not a hit with you - but I'm sure you'll find more in the future that you like.
    Yeah I'm sorry that I can't like this table also. I want to but the slings are out of control. Hoping that future tables don't stay on this path of deadly slingshots like this one and SW episodes IV, VI. I overlook it on the SW tables because they are awesome, but Deadpool....

I already knew my slipper dreams didn't stand a chance in the once a year tournament, but maybe Zen will have something in the future where I could compete for a chance to replace the glass in my coffee table caused by the merc with a mouth.

Do you think that it is fair that after a "skillshots" there is a high probability that the ball falls on the "out" and automatically You are losing "save the ball" and there isn't possibility to save this ball without losing a "save ball"?

Greets
    Neuroup of Addict Labs

Do you think that it is fair that after a "skillshots" there is a high probability that the ball falls on the "out" and automatically You are losing "save the ball" and there isn't possibility to save this ball without losing a "save ball"?

Greets
    this happened to me a lot today.

you have a choice : do you want skill shot points, or ball save active.

I wanted points because I was trying to win the tourney. seems like every time I made skill shot It went down the out lane to the grenade save.

also while playing I suffered a ShoryukenToTheChin, when I was in the middle of the wizard mode multiball my ps4 controller died!!!! all my balls went down the drain.. no more jackpots for you and oh by the way reset the table for me to

also while playing I suffered a ShoryukenToTheChin, when I was in the middle of the wizard mode multiball my ps4 controller died!!!! all my balls went down the drain.. no more jackpots for you and oh by the way reset the table for me to
    Oh why do I have a feeling that name is going to catch on for this....

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Everything is ok ? Really ?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...727_021346.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...727_021555.jpg

Greets
    Neuroup of Addict Labs

I didn't get the table when it game out, but decided to give it a shot after seeing the trailer for the upcoming movie.

Visually, I find the table a bit chaotic; it certainly not Masters of the Force. Though, given the nature of the character, the tone fits. The audio and voices, on the other hand, I love.

Modes and missions, from what I've played and read (haven't done them all), are creative and well done.

The tables difficulty, or more specifically the manner in how it's difficult, is my main complaint.
    - The missions themselves, for the most part, are very reasonable.
    - The different mission difficulties is a great idea, and one I would like to see more often in an attempt to cater to those that find most tables too easy. The scoring for that, from what I gathered, does need revised; it really doesn't seem worthwhile to try to attempt it in hard.
    - Much has been made of the center ramp, which doesn't really bother me, though it hasn't hurt me too many times (fingers crossed).
    - I've made it clear in the past the I don't like high-strung slingshots at all. Far too many times, I get punished by them when I did nothing wrong at all.
    - The crux of the problem, I think, are the cross ramps. It's a very difficult shot that carries a lot of risk, as a missed shot often finds it's way to the outlanes. But worse, the table revolves around those shots, so you can't really pick and chose when to go for them. Which ultimately means 95% of the players out there won't get anywhere on this table.
    - Ultimately, the table seems like it's going out of it's way to cause a ball drain.

Still, I am enjoying the table, and am glad to have gotten it.
    Last edited by OriginalEther; 08-21-2015 at 09:13 PM.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo