Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 8 update

Default Current state as I see it of PinballFx2

PFx2List.jpg

Main screen as I see Games list too

Hi everyone, here is official status update on the PFX2 Star Wars Pinball Win8 issues:

While we originally anticipated that Star Wars Pinball tables would be returned to the game by the end of this week, it unfortunately appears that it will take longer to get them back up and running. Additionally, we will be updating the game again with player feedback and reports in mind. The last update was pushed through by Microsoft much earlier than we had expected, causing confusion among our players, and for that we apologize. Again, thank you all for your feedback. We will work hard to bring you a fun and functional pinball game as soon as we possibly can.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these technical issues have caused our Windows 8 fan base. If are not happy and would like to request a refund, please contact Microsoft support.

Best,
    Cracker

What's the status of the missing menus, where you could adjust the sound levels etc.? I can't find them anywhere, and it seems other people's have this problem. I've had no problems with my previously purchased tables, but it states I should pay for Mars. I guess that's not the intention, since I had access to it before the update...
    Last edited by Meaningful Username; 11-01-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Clarification

Default Some Progress Made - Games That Did Not Function Now Working

Have noticed some real progress in Win 8. Some tables that no longer functioned properly (they simply would not end after ball 3, or revert back to balls 1 2 or 3, or the table would completely crash/disappear from the screen) are completing and going to the usual statistics interface.

Table controls are still missing completely. I can't restore music, which I sometimes turn off. Are the control interfaces somehow hidden because of a bug or simply not added/functional yet?
    Last edited by garystewart; 11-01-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Hello Barbie, have you checked my offline problem yet? I sent you a PM, not answered yet. I need offline this month, I have to play pinball at my free classes.

Quote Originally Posted by armandotrom View Post
    Hello Barbie, have you checked my offline problem yet? I sent you a PM, not answered yet. I need offline this month, I have to play pinball at my free classes.
    I answered earlier today, check your inbox.

Xbox connecting now Yippee Skippy :P
    Posted by Mikro (//\\//\\)

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I answered earlier today, check your inbox.
    Thank you, you are doing a great job, I wish it to be fixed soon and be able to play the game a lot. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Meaningful Username View Post
    What's the status of the missing menus, where you could adjust the sound levels etc.? I can't find them anywhere, and it seems other people's have this problem. I've had no problems with my previously purchased tables, but it states I should pay for Mars. I guess that's not the intention, since I had access to it before the update...
    The settings are in the Charm Bar. Flick from right to left on the right edge of the screen and a menu will pop out

Quote Originally Posted by Mikro View Post
    Xbox connecting now Yippee Skippy :P
    Woo hoo!

Default 2 minor issues remains

I noticed the Over all Leader board for each table won't show the other players playing it only shows me I'm not the only one Playing Pinball Fx2 I hope. and the star wars tables waiting :P

Ooohkaaayyy...

So, I had a nice chat via email with Viktor Györei, the game's Project Lead. From our conversation, I have learned the following:

- There will be another update for the game, which is expected for release "in the coming weeks". It sounds like an optimistic estimate, so it is likely to be up to a month before everything works again, and as intended, by the team at Zen.

- The use of the "wsreset.exe" tool is not expected to work in cases where players can play tables that they have purchased online, but cannot play the same tables offline. The next update should resolve this particular issue. There does not appear to be any workaround for this, so it is suggested to wait for the next update to arrive.

- It appears that Microsoft vets every update that is released by Zen, before it is made available to the game's consumers. In other words, Microsoft has the final say in exactly when and how each update is released. In fact, there appears to be cases where the game's developers cannot resolve particular issues, as it is often a fault of Microsoft's products (Xbox, Windows) that needs tending to, prior to the release of an update. *Please note that this is my take on several posts and or emails that I have seen, including my conversation with Viktor, not what was actually said. If not the entire truth, it must be close to it.*

- The tournament feature of the Windows 8 version of Pinball FX2 (specifically), has been deliberately removed. The decision was made as the initial feature has been regarded as a "mistake", apparently never quite working properly, and conflicts with the notion of global leaderboards, which are apparently prevalent in other Zen "products across numerous platforms". Viktor said that the team "would love to have it (global leaderboards) in the game", and "expected that global leaderboards will be available via Xbox Live (eventually)". So, it is quite possible that global leaderboards would be implemented in place of the tournament feature, in a future update (probably not the next update).

- The new interface on the main menu was designed to match that of the Windows 8 Start Menu.

Hi,

I updated PFX2 on around 23 October, th App started, but all purchased tables were gone, well as described above.

Now, I tried the msreset.exe trick, the shop started, I quit it and now:

Pinball FX2 starts, but closes shortly after start.

Did I miss anything?
    Should I un- and reinstall?

From the post above, I understood, the wsreset stuff at least lets you download all tables purchased, yet, though not solving the offline log-in problem...

Edit: just saw, the App does not really quit, it is still present in the left bar, it just 'vanishes'...

Edit 2: ok, I closed the App manually on the left bar and now: everything's fine!!!
    I got all the purchased tables, btw without downloading again! Star Wars tables included!

I think, before OU7CAS7's post it wasn't quite clear in this thread, that the wsreset.exe trick solves the my-tables-are-gone-after-update problem, at least I wasn't really sure, so:

ANYBODY, WHO LOST THE TABLES AFTER DOWNLOAD, DO THE MSRESET.EXE TRICK, WHICH IS DESCRIBED HERE!
    Last edited by vogliadicane; 11-07-2014 at 07:17 PM.

For the new 'start screen' I am still sceptic:

How do people (like me) scroll left-right with a mouse? It does not work. I (with a touch PC) have 2 options:
    1. swipe left or right, ok for me, but
    2. like anybody without touch, I have to simulate a touch by clicking the mouse button, hold it and move it left or right.

It is ok for touch systems, but using a mouse, it works like in 1990.

I know, it should be more Win8 start screen like, but there I CAN scroll left-right, so...
    Last edited by vogliadicane; 11-07-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vogliadicane View Post
    From the post above, I understood, the wsreset stuff at least lets you download all tables purchased, yet, though not solving the offline log-in problem...
    Are you able to play offline? Could you say me how to do it? Thank you

The settings are in the Charm Bar. Flick from right to left on the right edge of the screen and a menu will pop out
    Oh, snap. I actually did that before asking, expecting some custom menu to pop out. Didn't realize it was under the settings... Thanks for the answer.

I have tried a thing to play offline. Offline only works if I close the game dragging the window in the upper border and dropping when it's in the bottom (Modern's default closing operation), allowing the app to get into "sleep mode". If I open the game later with no internet connection, purchased tables can be played normally. What if I close the app (not sleep, but closed)? Offline doesn't work, because credentials and caché are removed. Sorry my expression, but if it is "legal" method for play offline, this is a fudge.

Where are offline mode fixed and Star Wars tables? We are waiting for and no answer from you, Zen Studios.

Where are offline mode fixed and Star Wars tables? We are waiting for and no answer from you, Zen Studios.
    We're still waiting to hear back from Microsoft about when they will go live. Sorry for the delay.

Default (NEW Issue) xbl can't sign in Purchase failed Huh ?

Something wrong Pinball FX2 won't sign in to xbl and something about failed Purchase

Update: It kind of fix it's self but happen every new session started xbl fails and purchase fails wait few minutes logs in fine. all is good. appears to been sync issue.
    Last edited by Mikro; 11-18-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Default (new issue) tables disappeared again after new sales

Surface Tablet Win8.1
    With the msreset.exe trick I managed to get my tables back after the upload.
    Cool.
    Because the Mars table isn't free anymore I decided to buy that one as well a couple of days ago.
    Everything was OK.
    Today: I lost all my previous tables again, and only Mars is showing as purchased!
    MSRESET.EXE is NOT working.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix Atagong View Post
    Surface Tablet Win8.1
    With the msreset.exe trick I managed to get my tables back after the upload.
    Cool.
    Because the Mars table isn't free anymore I decided to buy that one as well a couple of days ago.
    Everything was OK.
    Today: I lost all my previous tables again, and only Mars is showing as purchased!
    MSRESET.EXE is NOT working.
    Do your purchased tables show green arrows next to them?

Edit: over the weekend my tablet updated and restored all tables.
    Last edited by Felix Atagong; 11-23-2014 at 11:55 PM.

@BarbieBoBomb: can you update us on further plans for PB FX2 on Win8, please?

Is there another update in the works, which fixes the missing tables issue for everybody (not only those, who did the workaround)?
    Will we get the missing tables, that are available on other platforms sice a long time?

I hope, we didn't wait this long time only to get an update, which only messed up our purchased tables without any real benefit.
    Getting all those new tables also here is overdue, you know.

@BarbieBoBomb: can you update us on further plans for PB FX2 on Win8, please?

Is there another update in the works, which fixes the missing tables issue for everybody (not only those, who did the workaround)?
    Will we get the missing tables, that are available on other platforms sice a long time?

I hope, we didn't wait this long time only to get an update, which only messed up our purchased tables without any real benefit.
    Getting all those new tables also here is overdue, you know.
    Yes, we have more updates and more tables coming, but not sure when. I'll let you know as soon as I have info

Want to play Star Wars tables, but not available yet And offline not working, and no answer from Zen Studios and/or Microsoft...

Want to play Star Wars tables, but not available yet And offline not working, and no answer from Zen Studios and/or Microsoft...
    We're still waiting for MS to republish them - sorry about the wait, we're in the same boat with you. Totally lame situation :/

I forgot to advice you the constant lag problems that the game has while I'm playing in Surface 2 RT.

Everything works for me, except that I don't have access to the Mars table. Surely I'm not supposed to pay to get that, since it was included before the update?

Since it appears that there is no reasonable estimate as to when PURCHASED games will once again be available, it would be a nice gesture on the part of ZEN to keep the 'play free' and lose the 'with ads' designation on the several games available for play at the moment. Think of it as adding insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by 102914Gmen View Post
    Since it appears that there is no reasonable estimate as to when PURCHASED games will once again be available, it would be a nice gesture on the part of ZEN to keep the 'play free' and lose the 'with ads' designation on the several games available for play at the moment. Think of it as adding insult to injury.
    Before the "Big" update, all worked fine (including offline play in Surface rt), but a few bugs were present. The "Big" update was released, and offline disappeared, now the missing tables, the intuitiveless new menu... A "Big" disaster I would say... The only game I love for Windows 8, the only I will hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaningful Username View Post
    Everything works for me, except that I don't have access to the Mars table. Surely I'm not supposed to pay to get that, since it was included before the update?
    Is the Mars table not listed in your table library?

ok, today I get an update. I would have preferred to be informed here before, didn't happen...
    ok, the truth is I would have preferred to get info from other users, if it is ok now, but there is no.

So I'll bite the bullet for all of us here and TRY! and I will report afterwards.

Don't celebrate me as a hero, who dares, what nobody dared before. No need for that. Just call me - THE CRAZY PIONEER
    -------------------------------------------------
    and by the way: the ocean is filled with a liquid!
    That's, what I learned from here.

I was proud and I was bold...

and?

Nothing really overwhelming. For me nothing changed..

maybe some folks of you get the missing Star Wars tables now (cool, you had them 2 months ago), but I expected:

All or most of the tables available on other platforms!

This is sooooo, yawwwwwnnnnn......
    So, let's wait another 2 months

tic

tac

tic

tac

tic

tac

...to be continued

------------------------------------------------------------

still: what I learned from here is, that the ocean is filled with a liquid! Isn't it cool?

Zen Studios, I have something to say you: you have done your homework very well. After the update has been released today, all the purchased tables are fully playable, and the best thing: they all can be played offline!!! Thank you, and I will be waiting for new tables

Zen Studios, I have something to say you: you have done your homework very well. After the update has been released today, all the purchased tables are fully playable, and the best thing: they all can be played offline!!! Thank you, and I will be waiting for new tables
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY

Glad it's functioning properly for you now!

Is the Mars table not listed in your table library?
    I can see it, but I need to pay to play it.

OMG, there's an update? I had almost given up waiting for it...

Let's hope that it actually fixes all of the issues that the game had.

Default starwars table

I managed to play the starwar tables with ads but now I can only by them, normal behaviour ?
    What about heroes within, will we have to wait for a far away update?

Quote Originally Posted by Oderik View Post
    I managed to play the starwar tables with ads but now I can only by them, normal behaviour ?
    Because of our license, we're not able to offer free-to-play options with the Star Wars tables, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Oderik View Post
    This is because if Zen Studios let all the tables to be played with ads, anybody would purchase that tables, and hadn't got benefits for the enterprise. There are 5 tables free-to-play, when in the "pre-big-update" only Mars was free, which I think is sufficient.

Wooooww-now, after the latest update, all I have to do is, fake-buy all tables again. Cool job.
    Last edited by vogliadicane; 12-18-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Wooooww-now, after the latest update, all I have to do is, fake-buy all tables again. Cool job.
    Just to be sure you understand, what I meant with this post:

After the Update all of my tables were there (not greyed out), but when I wanted to play one, I got the "you want to buy" button. So I clicked "buy", the purchase was done and after that, I could play the table...without any download by the way.

So I assume, this is a bug and the "purchase" is not a real one, but necessary to get the already bought tables back.

Is this right? I hope so, at least I havent't got a bill from MS, so I assume, they saw, I had already bought these tables.
    Last edited by vogliadicane; 12-19-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Just to be sure you understand, what I meant with this post:

After the Update all of my tables were there (not greyed out), but when I wanted to play one, I got the "you want to buy" button. So I clicked "buy", the purchase was done and after that, I could play the table...without any download by the way.

So I assume, this is a bug and the "purchase" is not a real one, but necessary to get the already bought tables back.

Is this right? I hope so, at least I havent't got a bill from MS, so I assume, they saw, I had already bought these tables.
    When you clicked 'buy' did it show a price? If not you should be good to go

When you clicked 'buy' did it show a price? If not you should be good to go
    yes, it showed a price. After buying it said "You have bought...for 1,49 €" (e.g.)

So it happened exactly like in a real purchase.
    Still, I haven't got a bill, so seems to be ok.

There are tables left to redownload/buy, so if you need screenshots, let me know.

very bad news, I got bills for all purchases 17 tables in total, which I had already owned before.

Intua, what can I do here now?

just for info: I rebooted the PC and afterwards started PFX2. Now, all tables, which I had not yet downloaded (or better said bought again) were present and working. So a reboot of the system seems to avoid that bug.

Nevertheless, I still have the problem of acccidential purchases of tables, although I had already bought them before. Please give me a hint, how I can be refunded.

You might ask yourself, why I clicked "buy" at all. In the windows phone store, if you want to reinstall an App you already had bought, you actually have to click buy. After that, the shop recognizes your previous purchase and you can download the App again for free. Thought, it is similar here...

have talked to Microsoft. They cannot refund me (because these were in-app-purchases) and said, I have to clarify this with ZEN Studios, the developer.

Just for information: Meanwhile, I sent an email to your support, so no need to discuss my case here in the forum anymore...
    (...i hope)

Just for information: Meanwhile, I sent an email to your support, so no need to discuss my case here in the forum anymore...
    (...i hope)
    Yep - I'm the only support/community person for Zen - so no need to update here if you don't want to

new update for iOS a few days ago. A revamped UI (good) and 2 new tables.

And on Win8? Still a buggy version with a bad new UI and only very old tables. Sad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12