Thread: MAJOR Zen Pinball 2 update!

Default MAJOR Zen Pinball 2 update!

We're bringing the rest of the PS3 table library to PS4 on July 15th! Join us on EU or US PlayStation blog!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We're bringing the rest of the PS3 table library to PS4 on July 15th! Join us on EU or US PlayStation blog!
    You all really made my day. I can't believe I'll be playing Mars, X-Men, and others on the PS4. Thank you very much! I didn't see Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma on there, but it's all good.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Freaking awesome, such a great surprise to wake up too. Oh but has the Game not pausing if the DualShock 4 pad runs out of Battery been fixed? this is more than annoying when my pad dies on me and I lose a Ball.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Incredible! You guys have one of the best services I've seen. Thanks for adding these to the PS4.

You guys rock!

THANK YOU ZEN!!!!! Cross buy included. You guys really deserve the most consumer friendly game company award for all that you do for your fans. Thank you so much. (Now if we could only somehow get Pasha, Rome, Biolab, and Secrets of the Deep, that would be perfect.........)
    Last edited by Thefly0810; 07-08-2014 at 05:20 PM.

I want to say thank you. I continued purchasing new tables past the PS4 release of ZP2 as a show of support. I've basically purchased everything Zen has ever released on both 360, PS3, and Vita. This kind of support in the industry is unfortunately not common, so believe me when I say it's appreciated.

Thanks for your support everyone!

Ninja Gaiden won't be there for this update, but we do want to bring it to PS4 so we will see what we can do. Not sure about the controller issue on PS4, Shoryuken, I'll have to remind the team to add it to the to-do list if they haven't already.

Awesome news, can't wait to play all these when I get a PS4.

Is Earth Defense already available on PS4? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Awesome news, can't wait to play all these when I get a PS4.

Is Earth Defense already available on PS4? I can't remember.
    It totally is

Cool )) Now the 4 original Zen tables are quite a few years old, can you tell us if the team reduxed them in full 1080p with modern effects or are they just ported with fewer fixes? thx

It totally is
    Sweet! Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by astroglyphe View Post
    Cool )) Now the 4 original Zen tables are quite a few years old, can you tell us if the team reduxed them in full 1080p with modern effects or are they just ported with fewer fixes? thx
    They'll be 1080p at 60fps, not sure on exact tweaks to each table, I'd have to ask for ya

Default PS Blog

Posted this on the PS Blog and figured I'd post it here as well. Hoping to one day see Indian Jones in Zen Pinball!

"Reading through the comments I have to agree with #18 (US Playstation Blog). Indiana Jones. That is what we need next! But, if you make it be sure to use the actual voice clips from the films. That is the only problem I’ve noted in the Star Wars tables, the voices often don’t sound quite right. The actual voice clips from Indiana Jones movies integrated into the tables would be awesome! And use as much of the original music as possible, too. Anyway, here’s hoping that Indiana Jones will take the awesome work from the Star Wars tables and make it even better, which is hard to imagine but I’ve got a feeling Zen will pull it off! Get the sound right and it will be unbelievable! Also maybe make the physical table sounds more distinct and metallic. Sometimes Zen tables feel a little, I don’t know, “soft” I guess I would call it because the sounds are a little bit mooshy and don’t sound or feel like a real pinball table. Thanks for listening. Love the game and it’ll continue to have my full support in the future as it has in the past!"

Indiana Jones would be KILLER.

If I recall, however, getting the real voices from the movies is a whole other can of worms, and is why they record a lot of their own stuff to save money. It's also one of the reasons Farsight needs a ton of money to make a lot of their tables, because they have to get the licenses/rights to use the voices from those old tables. It's complicated and expensive as hell. Sure, Zen's situation is a bit different because they aren't re-creating tables, but the general idea still applies. Those actors probably get royalties, so yeah, very expensive.

That would be super cool, though. That's like a dream of mine and many others. Zen never lets us down, though

Indiana Jones would be stellar. I certainly would get it. Who am I kidding...the table could be My Little Ponies and I will still get it.

However, my dream (that I will never let up on) is Zen doing a 4 table deal with Hanna Barbera. Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, and whoever else. That would be so awesome and I would buy the tables on every single platform available just because. LOL I really hope one day we'll see it. Just a dream of mines.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Not sure about the controller issue on PS4, Shoryuken, I'll have to remind the team to add it to the to-do list if they haven't already.
    Yeh I know I should have my Pad fully charged, but sometimes through long play sessions when your in the zone well time just ceases to exist. Then bam Pad switches off and the Ball drains.. RAGE soon follows lol.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Indiana Jones would be KILLER.

If I recall, however, getting the real voices from the movies is a whole other can of worms, and is why they record a lot of their own stuff to save money. It's also one of the reasons Farsight needs a ton of money to make a lot of their tables, because they have to get the licenses/rights to use the voices from those old tables. It's complicated and expensive as hell. Sure, Zen's situation is a bit different because they aren't re-creating tables, but the general idea still applies. Those actors probably get royalties, so yeah, very expensive.

That would be super cool, though. That's like a dream of mine and many others. Zen never lets us down, though
    Yeah it's super spendy - and they don't always have the lines we need (if that makes any sense). We like to have lines that apply to pinball and generally they don't just yell out MULTIBALL! in the middle of action scenes... though they should, right? haha Using our own voice actors also helps us keep the price down for you guys, if we used the actual actors - the prices would have to be waaaaay more than $1-$10 for a single table or pack, and we don't want to do that to you
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 07-09-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Great news. Happy I'll be able to play those tables on one console again instead of switching back and forth.
    PSN - TysonBane

Super excited to play Excalibur on the PS4. Honestly I don't think you guys should have given these to us for free. You already gave us the others, you should have charged us for these.

As far as voices go I sound almost exactly like Harrison Ford and I look almost exactly like Robert Downey Jr so you guys could use me for any licenses involving those 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    Super excited to play Excalibur on the PS4. Honestly I don't think you guys should have given these to us for free. You already gave us the others, you should have charged us for these.

As far as voices go I sound almost exactly like Harrison Ford and I look almost exactly like Robert Downey Jr so you guys could use me for any licenses involving those 2!
    Haha, I'll volunteer for some voice work as well. Just fly me out and I'll handle the rest. Especially if you need a southwestern or southern dialect a la John Marston from Red Dead Redemption or Joel from The Last of Us. Though I could probably do some others as well
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Haha, I'll volunteer for some voice work as well. Just fly me out and I'll handle the rest. Especially if you need a southwestern or southern dialect a la John Marston from Red Dead Redemption or Joel from The Last of Us. Though I could probably do some others as well
    Maybe they just need to make a
    "Metalzoic and Bearded Warrior" table.

Awesome news! I have really missed the V&V pack. Has anyone gotten a patch yet for this update on the PS4? Zen Rules!!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Capt America and civil war say free download but street fighter says $2.99. I have all tables on ps3. Any reason for this?
    Could it be I bought street fighter as a pack and now it's not recogzied as a single?
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 07-15-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    Capt America and civil war say free download but street fighter says $2.99. I have all tables on ps3. Any reason for this?
    Could it be I bought street fighter as a pack and now it's not recogzied as a single?
    The update isn't finished yet, this will likely get changed by the time it's done, but if not, we are keeping an eye on it. Sit tight!

Woohoo! I just purchased the last of the PS3 tables that will import into PS4. 4pm CDT here, but no import available yet. Waiting....
    PSN ID: mdh71

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Trekker View Post
    Woohoo! I just purchased the last of the PS3 tables that will import into PS4. 4pm CDT here, but no import available yet. Waiting....
    YAY thanks! If you can't get things to import tonight, don't worry, we'll be on it and making sure things are all good to go by tomorrow at the latest

Excellent! My Ps3 has been broke for a while, so I am looking forward to trying out my old tables!

Default PS4 Update

Just a quick update for everyone waiting to import tables on PS4 in North America. The update seems to be done, but for some reason Street Fighter doesn't want to import for those who have already purchased it on PS3/Vita, but we expect to have this resolved sometime tomorrow. Everything else can be found on the PSN store, though imports may not yet work from within the game. If you bought a table on PS3 or Vita previously and you can't get it to import within the game, it should be listed as free via PSN, so try going to the PSN store and download it directly. Please let me know if you encounter any other issues! European PSN players, your PS4 update will happen tomorrow

Just a quick update for everyone waiting to import tables on PS4 in North America. The update seems to be done, but for some reason Street Fighter doesn't want to import for those who have already purchased it on PS3/Vita, but we expect to have this resolved sometime tomorrow. Everything else can be found on the PSN store, though imports may not yet work from within the game. If you bought a table on PS3 or Vita previously and you can't get it to import within the game, it should be listed as free via PSN, so try going to the PSN store and download it directly. Please let me know if you encounter any other issues! European PSN players, your PS4 update will happen tomorrow

Good to know as street fighter was the only situation I noticed. I have more than enought tables to work on tonight while waiting for street fighter.

Beat capt America in one game. He seems easy now. However I'm already on try 5 for Loki

Smile Finally, all but NGS...

...Street Fighter doesn't want to import for those who have already purchased it on PS3/Vita, but we expect to have this resolved sometime tomorrow...
    Thanks Barbie!
    Last edited by warlock7; 07-16-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    Stay sane inside insanity.

Street fighter said 2.99 for me, but i clicked on it and it let me download it for free.
    PSN: fullmetalmeecrob

Ok so when I selected "import", it still wasn't showing me any tables. So I went into the PS Store, and manually downloaded the tables. The store was acting a little weird though. When I would select a table and press download, it would tell me it was already downloading. But it didnt really start downloading for each table, until I selected "download". Weird. Then I relaunched ZP2 and all tables were there, except for Ninja Gaiden which I guess isn't moving over to PS4?
    PSN ID: mdh71

Got everything imported here no problem. Saw the Street Fighter glitch, but it's resolved for me now too. Thank you again everybody at Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Trekker View Post
    Then I relaunched ZP2 and all tables were there, except for Ninja Gaiden which I guess isn't moving over to PS4?
    That's right, they're still working on getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 tribute.

Lightbulb It's Fixed!

The Street Fighter table is working now.
    Stay sane inside insanity.

With better graphics, lightning, sounds?

Default No Joy?

Ok, for me here in Scotland there is no tables to import and also no tables in the store. Ive left my ps4 running just in case up here we live in a different time zone to the rest of the plannet. Its ok Im not jumping around the room like some 20 year old although I cant remember that far back to when I was 20 cos that was back in the 80's . Im sure they will arrive at some point with its zimmer frame

Quote Originally Posted by Longi_land View Post
    With better graphics, lightning, sounds?
    The tables run on 1080p at 60fps. The textures look sharper, but that's about it. Lighting and sound are the same as the PS3 version.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-17-2014 at 10:45 AM.

I don't see any option to import Ms Splosion Man from my Xbox 360 and I don't want to turn it on to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
    I don't see any option to import Ms Splosion Man from my Xbox 360 and I don't want to turn it on to play it.
    That's because Ms Splosion Man is a Microsoft property.

Update! The European PSN store is updated and should be ready for players to import tables now.

In North America, the Street Fighter import issue some of you were seeing yesterday should be resolved, please let me know if you still have trouble!

Update! The European PSN store is updated and should be ready for players to import tables now.

In North America, the Street Fighter import issue some of you were seeing yesterday should be resolved, please let me know if you still have trouble!
    Yep it's working now. Just got it this morning.

I pulled an all nighter last night. Stayed up late and got most of the easy trophies and finished wizard mode on capt. America, Thor, X-men and ghost rider. Nice going back and playing these tables again. I was surprised how quickly these came as these used to take weeks to beat. I guess having done it already makes it easier. Muscle memory and all. Having done it in marvel pinball, zp2 ps3 and now again.

Yep it's working now. Just got it this morning.

I pulled an all nighter last night. Stayed up late and got most of the easy trophies and finished wizard mode on capt. America, Thor, X-men and ghost rider. Nice going back and playing these tables again. I was surprised how quickly these came as these used to take weeks to beat. I guess having done it already makes it easier. Muscle memory and all. Having done it in marvel pinball, zp2 ps3 and now again.
    Disco must you beat every table on the first day?! LOL I'm exaggerating, but you are killing it. You'll probably be first in everything, except for V12. I got that one.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Disco must you beat every table on the first day?! LOL I'm exaggerating, but you are killing it. You'll probably be first in everything, except for V12. I got that one.

U got the 150 shot tires upgrade? Good job. I just got the easy nitro and moved on. I've slowed down quite a bit today. Just beat galactus. And that's it today. I've spent many an hour on the robber knights. Came close once. But shucks it's hard. Probably do more tonight. I like the marvel tables better so my focus is there first. Go for moon knight and maybe civil war tonight. As for shaman I haven't even looked at it yet. I'm too scared to.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    The tables run on 1080p at 60fps. The textures sharper, but that's about it. Lighting and sound are the same as the PS3 version.
    Thanks shogun00.
    It would be great if Zen could improve the lightning like TPA on the PS4-version

Quote Originally Posted by Longi_land View Post
    Thanks shogun00.
    It would be great if Zen could improve the lightning like TPA on the PS4-version
    Zen would have to rebuild the tables from the ground up again to include them. There is a big difference between something created from scratch (Zen Pinball) and emulation (Pinball Arcade).

U got the 150 shot tires upgrade? Good job. I just got the easy nitro and moved on. I've slowed down quite a bit today. Just beat galactus. And that's it today. I've spent many an hour on the robber knights. Came close once. But shucks it's hard. Probably do more tonight. I like the marvel tables better so my focus is there first. Go for moon knight and maybe civil war tonight. As for shaman I haven't even looked at it yet. I'm too scared to.
    Yeah I went for the 150 tire upgrade. I forgot how exhausting it is to go that route. Man you have damn near beat all of the Marvel tables. I can't believe I loss in Ghost Rider today. I needed one more shot to defeat Zadkiel and the ball just kept hitting the ramp...but not him. I was so angry I just got off of that table. I'll trying again either tonight or tomorrow.

Oh and you're right, that Robber's Knight trophy is a nightmare. I still don't have it for the PS3. I only got that trophy on the 360. It's just really hard to get. I want to work on Loki (seeing as you already have it) and Seth next. Also for some odd reason, I can't for the life of me get that "very hard" trophy for Civil War. It's so easy, yet I can't get it. I only did it on the Vita. Hahaha
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Yeah I went for the 150 tire upgrade. I forgot how exhausting it is to go that route. Man you have damn near beat all of the Marvel tables. I can't believe I loss in Ghost Rider today. I needed one more shot to defeat Zadkiel and the ball just kept hitting the ramp...but not him. I was so angry I just got off of that table. I'll trying again either tonight or tomorrow.

Oh and you're right, that Robber's Knight trophy is a nightmare. I still don't have it for the PS3. I only got that trophy on the 360. It's just really hard to get. I want to work on Loki (seeing as you already have it) and Seth next. Also for some odd reason, I can't for the life of me get that "very hard" trophy for Civil War. It's so easy, yet I can't get it. I only did it on the Vita. Hahaha
    1. Yeah I haven't felt like grinding that ramp yet. I did level 1 upgrade and said skip this and just quit to a new table.
    2. I think zadkiel took me 3 tries. I know what you mean. At least it's not that hard. And to get back you don't have to win all the other fights again, just light them up. Then beat him trophy will pop.
    3. I finally understand robber knights much better now. Feels like I've Spent hours on it. But the ps3trophies.org site explains it wrong. I messages them to fix it. Andeven though I know how to do it better now it's still hard to pull off.
    4. I keep dying on moon knight went to Mars and beat the pyramid!!!! Yay!!! I'll give moon knight another go tonight. Pretty easy table but for some reason I keep dying. Mars seems really easy now. That or I just got lucky.
    5. Man that civil war trophy is bumming me I've tried dozens of times. Takes a while to get everything set only to fail. And twice I hit that cross ramp but it didn't register. And the cross ramp always comes up as my second shot to make and it's the hardest one! I've only manged to hit it twice in that short time window on two different tries and like I said neither registered. So I don't know what to do

Holy crap... I can't believe I completely forgot that all these tables hit PS4 on Tuesday.
    I'll go download them now. It'll give me a reason to turn on the PS4, it's been off for weeks now since all the play at my house is on the X1.

MARS!

So Zen have given me the best of all pinball to play on my PS4 and new TV; it was free too, as I bought it ages back on the PS3; thank you very much Zen. I always considered Mars the most Zen of Zen tables, as I can play it with no DMD needed... I love that. Just follow the lights and zone out.

My new Sony Bravia has 3D, but it sucks. I tried it, only to see that the picture was really dim; and also I don't like the little glasses pinching my nose. Sure PvZ looks cool in 3D, but I'm not going to bother with it (3D) in the future.

There are only two things I could wish for now:

1. I'd love to be able to order the tables to put my favourite at the start of the list of 40. I'd like it a lot.

2. I'd like for both the d-pad and the left stick to be nudge at the same time. I like to change position on the flipper buttons (between shoulder 1 and 2) periodically to stop the hand equivalent of deep vein thrombosis.

Thanks Zen. I'll keep buying all the tables you throw at me; I've got two that I've never played!

Thanks again for being just about the only game worth playing on a PS4.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    mars!

So zen have given me the best of all pinball to play on my ps4 and new tv; it was free too, as i bought it ages back on the ps3; thank you very much zen. I always considered mars the most zen of zen tables, as i can play it with no dmd needed... I love that. Just follow the lights and zone out.

My new sony bravia has 3d, but it sucks. I tried it, only to see that the picture was really dim; and also i don't like the little glasses pinching my nose. Sure pvz looks cool in 3d, but i'm not going to bother with it (3d) in the future.

There are only two things i could wish for now:

1. I'd love to be able to order the tables to put my favourite at the start of the list of 40. I'd like it a lot.

2. I'd like for both the d-pad and the left stick to be nudge at the same time. I like to change position on the flipper buttons (between shoulder 1 and 2) periodically to stop the hand equivalent of deep vein thrombosis.

Thanks zen. I'll keep buying all the tables you throw at me; i've got two that i've never played!

Thanks again for being just about the only game worth playing on a ps4.

peace.

wow!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82